Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m (1223 Views)

Car Needed: Budget Of 1m-1.2m / Please Suggest A Good Car For Me Within 1m -1.5m / I Need A Clean Toyota Of Any Type Between 1m And 1.5million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by ekeson1245(m): 5:38pm On May 16, 2023
Good day dear esteemed Nairalanders.
I'm planning to buy my first car as a first timer very soon. My budget is between #1.m and #1.2m for a Naija registered car.
The Nigerian economy is not smiling at all, hence I won't be able to go beyond this very budget of mine.
The car is basically to be for me and my family's use i.e to take the kids to and from school, take me & wifey to and from shop and to take us to church on sundays.
What car can the gurus in the house recommend considering my budget please? Thank you very much in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by RoadMozart(m): 5:46pm On May 16, 2023
ekeson1245:
I'm planning to buy my first car as a first timer very soon. My budget is between #1.m and #1.2m for a Naija registered car.
The Nigerian economy is not smiling at all, hence I won't be able to go beyond this very budget of mine.
The car is basically to be for me and my family's use i.e to take the kids to and from school, take me & wifey to and from shop and to take us to church on sundays.
What car can the gurus in the house recommend considering my budget please? Thank you very much in anticipation.
If you like Honda, you can get a tokumbo grade 2004 civic. Or any other related product.
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by ekeson1245(m): 6:08pm On May 16, 2023
RoadMozart:

If you like Honda, you can get a tokumbo grade 2004 civic. Or any other related product.
Thank you very much for your input.
Is there still a tokunbo car for that price range based on the terrible Nigerian economy?
Secondly, the very common ball joint problem/pull off of Honda cars puts me off about Honda products.
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 16, 2023
Buy KEKE

and modify it for your needs

Like u can remove the front tire and add extra iron and make it 2 tires

Also u can add a door to it

Boom

U have a car with cheap parts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by Pootle: 6:28pm On May 16, 2023
jus get EOD 05/06 neat one and check the legs very well o.

1 Like

Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by Sirchiboy: 7:08pm On May 16, 2023
ekeson1245:
Go for Toyota pencil or camry pencil.
Where do you based?

2 Likes

Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by keymatt(m): 7:25pm On May 16, 2023
GREATIGB0MAN:
Buy KEKE

and modify it for your needs

Like u can remove the front tire and add extra iron and make it 2 tires

Also u can add a door to it

Boom

U have a car with cheap parts
You should have posted pics of the kind of Keke to support your point.

2 Likes

Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by buygala(m): 7:30pm On May 16, 2023
Pootle:
jus get EOD 05/06 neat one and check the legs very well o.

EOD of 1.2m in present day Naija go end op..no cap... Unless he is lucky to get it off a direct owner of a good one who is in a hurry to sell or just wan dash am..

Make e ask Automanual how much shege e don see ontop Honda DC wey e buy 1m grin

E get some spotless EOD/DC wey dey wey go dust a 2008 Camry of same grade...And people don dey notice am.
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by RoadMozart(m): 8:51pm On May 16, 2023
ekeson1245:

Is there still a tokunbo car for that price range based on the terrible Nigerian economy?
Secondly, the very common ball joint problem/pull off of Honda cars puts me off about Honda products.
Its difficult to get based on your budget. Honda Civic Seldomly pulls leg. Its not like the accord variants.

The parts are relatively cheap as well
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by Countersam(m): 9:08pm On May 16, 2023
ekeson1245:

That budget depends on Your location.
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by ekeson1245(m): 10:29pm On May 16, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Go for Toyota pencil or camry pencil.
Where do you based?
I'm based in Ibadan
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by ekeson1245(m): 10:33pm On May 16, 2023
Countersam:

I'm based in Ibadan.
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by Nobody: 12:11am On May 17, 2023
Mercedes Benz W201 is a good choice. wink
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by TechBaron: 1:02am On May 17, 2023
ekeson1245:

You wan buy car of 1.2m

You still dey talk of ball joint problem.
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by ehissi(m): 4:06am On May 17, 2023
ekeson1245:

Ball joint problems happens to only honda accord from 1999 to 2005.

Honda civic has never had ball joint problems
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by Pootle: 10:44am On May 17, 2023
buygala:

EOD of 1.2m in present day Naija go end op..no cap... Unless he is lucky to get it off a direct owner of a good one who is in a hurry to sell or just wan dash am..

E get some spotless EOD/DC wey dey wey go dust a 2008 Camry of same grade...And people don dey notice am.

if op fit go north em go see good ride for that amount but make em dey beware of stolen cars

1 Like

Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by Godwin4444: 10:52am On May 17, 2023
buygala:

Oga he can get good eod of 1m bros

E fit tey but e go get but I will advise him to go for Honda civic
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by Godwin4444: 10:56am On May 17, 2023
ekeson1245:

I'm based in Ibadan.
since u dey Ibadan I will advice u to look for a trustworthy mechanic probably through referral n tell him cars to look out for n don’t tell him d exact price u budget, tell him 800k with time he will call u n tell u he has gotten a very good one for 1m. That’s the scope

If u tell him your budget is 1.2 he will call u one day to tell u he has gotten a car of 1.5

I stay in ib so I know for sure u will get a cool car for that price, don’t buy anything online ooo na d best advice I go give u b dat

Tell trusted people to refer u to their trusted mechanic, u can see I didn’t mention dealer…..avoid them when it comes to used cars

2 Likes

Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by ekeson1245(m): 11:30am On May 17, 2023
Godwin4444:
since u dey Ibadan I will advice u to look for a trustworthy mechanic probably through referral n tell him cars to look out for n don’t tell him d exact price u budget, tell him 800k with time he will call u n tell u he has gotten a very good one for 1m. That’s the scope

If u tell him your budget is 1.2 he will call u one day to tell u he has gotten a car of 1.5

I stay in ib so I know for sure u will get a cool car for that price, don’t buy anything online ooo na d best advice I go give u b dat

Tell trusted people to refer u to their trusted mechanic, u can see I didn’t mention dealer…..avoid them when it comes to used cars
Oh great. Thanks very much for your candid advise here. I really do appreciate you.
But someone warned me that mechanics will always influence you to buy a particular car even if its not a good car just because of the commission they(mechanic) will get from the deal. What can you say about this please?
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by ekeson1245(m): 11:32am On May 17, 2023
ehissi:

Meaning the honda civic doesn't fall into the honda models between 1999 to 2005 as you suggested?
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by ekeson1245(m): 11:34am On May 17, 2023
Countersam:

I'm based in Ibadan boss
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by Godwin4444: 11:37am On May 17, 2023
ekeson1245:

Oh great. Thanks very much for your candid advise here. I really do appreciate you.
But someone warned me that mechanics will always influence you to buy a particular car even if its not a good car just because of the commission they(mechanic) will get from the deal. What can you say about this please?
that’s y I mentioned referral, mechanics do that very well

Let a very trustworthy person refer u to their mechanic

Though if d mechanic is not God fearing he will still lay u street but one thing I want u to know for sure is that no matter how good a car is u go still spend small change to love-vendor it to your taste

No how wey u wan do am mechanic go Chop for your body, just make sure the affected parts are minor
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by ekeson1245(m): 11:37am On May 17, 2023
TechBaron:
You wan buy car of 1.2m

You still dey talk of ball joint problem.
You mean I shouldn't talk about ball joint problem because my budget is small or how?
I can't quite understand your comment here sir. Be more explicit please
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by ekeson1245(m): 11:41am On May 17, 2023
Godwin4444:
that’s y I mentioned referral, mechanics do that very well

Let a very trustworthy person refer u to their mechanic

Though if d mechanic is not God fearing he will still lay u street but one thing I want u to know for sure is that no matter how good a car is u go still spend small change to love-vendor it to your taste

No how wey u wan do am mechanic go Chop for your body, just make sure the affected parts are minor
I truly got and understood your point very well here. The points are well noted. Thanks boss, I'm most grateful.
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by ekeson1245(m): 11:44am On May 17, 2023
ehissi:

Oh I see. You mean the ball joint problem affects mainly honda accord and not honda civic models?
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by ehissi(m): 4:18pm On May 17, 2023
ekeson1245:

Meaning the honda civic doesn't fall into the honda models between 1999 to 2005 as you suggested?

Yes....Honda civic has never had ball joint issues and even Honda accord that had it was for a selected number of years before it was corrected
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by ekeson1245(m): 4:28pm On May 17, 2023
ehissi:

Yes....Honda civic has never had ball joint issues and even Honda accord that had it was for a selected number of years before it was corrected
O great. Thanks very much for your explanation and the insight here. I appreciate.
Re: A Good Car For A First Timer Between #1m & #1.2m by tonaton: 10:49pm On May 17, 2023
Honda Civic Cars in Nigeria
[img]https://pictures-nigeria.jijistatic.com/120544651_MTYwMC0xMjAwLWZjZWQ3ZDUzNmQ.webp[/img]

Choosing a Honda Civic Car in Nigeria: 5 Important Criteria

When it comes to buying a car in Nigeria, there is no shortage of options. However, Honda Civic cars have become a popular choice for many drivers due to their reliable performance, stylish design, and reasonable price. But before you make a purchase, it is important to consider certain criteria to ensure you get the right car for your needs. Here are five important criteria to consider when choosing a Honda Civic car in Nigeria.

1. Price Range:

The price range of Honda Civic cars in Nigeria https:///cars/honda-civic varies depending on the model and condition of the car. With the wide selection available, it is important to consider your budget and find the car that best suits your needs without breaking the bank. Fortunately, provides a comprehensive list of Honda Civic cars at different price points, making it easier to find the perfect car for you.

2. Fuel Economy:

Fuel efficiency is an important factor to consider when purchasing a car in Nigeria. You want to make sure your car will not only save you money in fuel costs but also be able to handle the long drives that come with Nigerian roads. Honda Civic cars are known for their fuel economy, so you can be sure you won’t be spending too much at the pump.

3. Maintenance Costs:

The cost of maintaining a car can be expensive, especially when it comes to repairs. Honda Civic cars are considered to be low-maintenance vehicles due to their reliable engines and parts. This means you can drive with peace of mind knowing your car is less likely to experience common breakdowns.

4. Safety:

Safety is an important factor to consider when choosing a car in Nigeria. Honda Civic cars are known for their safety features, such as airbags, anti-lock brakes, and advanced crash detection systems. Additionally, the car’s modern design makes it easier to handle and navigate, reducing the risk of accidents.

5. Appearance:

The look of a car is also important when it comes to making a purchase. Honda Civic cars are known for their stylish design, which makes them stand out from other cars on the road. Whether you are looking for a classic look or a modern feel, you can be sure that the Honda Civic car will have the perfect style for you.

Conclusion

When it comes to buying a car in Nigeria, the Honda Civic car is an excellent option. With its reliable performance, stylish design, and reasonable price, it is easy to see why many drivers choose the Honda Civic car. By considering the five criteria listed above, you can be sure that you will find the perfect car to suit your needs and budget."

(1) (Reply)

SOLD 2008 Toyota Yaris / Gboko Guy Constructs Different Kinds Of Motorcycles From Scratch To Finish. / Nysc Current Official Websiste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.