Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Help! Lower Back Pain Is Affecting My Daily Life - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! Lower Back Pain Is Affecting My Daily Life (362 Views)

Being AS Genotype As A Man Is Affecting My Plans Of Getting Married / I Look Older Than My Age And It Is Really Affecting My Self Esteem / I Have Erectile Dysfunction And Its Really Affecting My Relationship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Lower Back Pain Is Affecting My Daily Life by molybdenum0012: 7:12am On May 17, 2023
Hello doctors or health professional in the house,
I have been having lower back pain for a long while now. There was a time it got so intense that I could not walk, I managed to go to general hospital, they referred me to the physiotherapy unit of the hospital. There, they asked me to do X-ray, after which they just massaged and asked me to be doing certain exercises. I did those exercises for like one or two weeks and the aches disappear. This was like last 2 years or so.

Last week, the aches reappeared again. I usually feel the pains from my lower back stretch to my thighs and legs . Sometimes around my lumbar and even groin area. I have been doing the usual exercises, but that only relieve the pains temporarily. I really wish I could get a permanent solution to this issue.

Truth be told, my sedentary lifestyle may have contributed to it ‘cos for the past one year now if I am not siting in front of my computer coding, I will be driving.

If you know of any good physiotherapy unit or any other things I can do to stop the pains please prescribe. Right now I cannot sit upright for 10 minutes, the pain will be so much I will have to lie down. It’s really affecting my productivity .. please help!
Re: Help! Lower Back Pain Is Affecting My Daily Life by Draslo(m): 7:17am On May 17, 2023
Sit ups.
Also, good sitting posture is important when you spend hours by the computer. A bad sitting posture over time can cause more damage than you can imagine. Also try to invest in a really good chair. You can do your research. If you already have one, try one of those massage chairs and spend at least 45 minutes on it daily. You can also find a military recruit wey dey vex to give you back massages. Good luck. A cheaper alternative is to have a kid that weighs at least 40kg walk up and down your back.

1 Like

Re: Help! Lower Back Pain Is Affecting My Daily Life by Cassandraloius: 7:29am On May 17, 2023
Draslo:
Sit ups.
Also, good sitting posture is important when you spend hours by the computer. A bad sitting posture over time can cause more damage than you can imagine. Also try to invest in a really good chair. You can do your research. If you already have one, try one of those massage chairs and spend at least 45 minutes on it daily. You can also find a military recruit wey dey vex to give you back massages. Good luck. A cheaper alternative is to have a kid that weighs at least 40kg walk up and down your back.

You have said it all.
Re: Help! Lower Back Pain Is Affecting My Daily Life by Nairalander248: 7:33am On May 17, 2023
molybdenum0012:
Hello doctors or health professional in the house,
I have been having lower back pain for a long while now. There was a time it got so intense that I could not walk, I managed to go to general hospital, they referred me to the physiotherapy unit of the hospital. There, they asked me to do X-ray, after which they just massaged and asked me to be doing certain exercises. I did those exercises for like one or two weeks and the aches disappear. This was like last 2 years or so.

Last week, the aches reappeared again. I usually feel the pains from my lower back stretch to my thighs and legs . Sometimes around my lumbar and even groin area. I have been doing the usual exercises, but that only relieve the pains temporarily. I really wish I could get a permanent solution to this issue.

Truth be told, my sedentary lifestyle may have contributed to it ‘cos for the past one year now if I am not siting in front of my computer coding, I will be driving.

If you know of any good physiotherapy unit or any other things I can do to stop the pains please prescribe. Right now I cannot sit upright for 10 minutes, the pain will be so much I will have to lie down. It’s really affecting my productivity .. please help!

Bros go and buy Ergonomic Chair and use for coding...

Also do you have injury on your leg from your knee to tight? Coz those things can cause Lower abdomen pains if you don't treat them well.

1 Like

Re: Help! Lower Back Pain Is Affecting My Daily Life by fredoooooo: 7:33am On May 17, 2023
Massage with voltaren or other pain and rheuma balm, put warm flasks, Stretchings daily and pain killer if worse but not on regular.
Note: Massage the whole back and not just the lower back ... attimes the pressure comes from the upper part of the body ..
Get yourself a comfortable chair and change them regularly, just like others adviced too

1 Like

Re: Help! Lower Back Pain Is Affecting My Daily Life by Administration1: 7:54am On May 17, 2023
Mine used to be worst than what you described here until my friend guided me in certain exercises that relieved the pain and permanently adjusted the spine. I'll send you the videos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Lower Back Pain Is Affecting My Daily Life by molybdenum0012: 12:49pm On May 17, 2023
Draslo:
Sit ups.

Thanks. I will try those suggestions
Re: Help! Lower Back Pain Is Affecting My Daily Life by molybdenum0012: 12:51pm On May 17, 2023
Administration1:
Mine used to be worst than what you described here until my friend guided me in certain exercises that relieved the pain and permanently adjusted the spine. I'll send you the videos

Thanks. Looking forward to those videos links. God bless

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Is Strange To Me.. Pls Open / Health / Blood Sugar Support Is Such A Paramount Supplement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.