Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,983 members, 7,835,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel (33748 Views)

Maize Farm Destroyed In Jol Plateau, Helpless Woman In Pains (Photo) / 11,000 Hectares Coconut Plantation In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by Felimax(m): 4:39pm On May 17, 2023
Eastern Obolo has very wicked and useless youths who almost killed me because of a mare supply that was not even up to 5m.

I did not waste time to show them the rough side. Despite their madness I did not give them a penny.

Useless youths!
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by blowjohn(m): 4:44pm On May 17, 2023
Naija tire me o
Frm pipeline vandalism or vandalization ( whichever dictionary u use) to NEPA equipment stealing. This country eh
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by Timetravel88: 4:44pm On May 17, 2023
ovie8200:

Please, go back to school and learn your geography because the state mentioned is located in the south-south and not in the south east, and stop pinpointing because of your hatred which will not get you anywhere! just-food for thought!

Look who's talking about going back to school. I condemn the destructive acts by the youths and in the same breath call out your ignorance in geography. Nigeria's geopolitical zone mapping is in sharp contrast to geographical mapping using the 4 cardinal points.

Going by those coordinates, Cross River is East, Akwa Ibom is South East, Rivers and Bayelsa is South, some states in the 5 South Eastern geopolitical zone is East Central.

Do not get it mixed up, geopolitical zones is not the same as geographical zones. The former is for political numbers and permutations while the latter is for geo location.
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by Nice2023(m): 4:50pm On May 17, 2023
sreamsense:
Before it used to be "Fear North", but nowadays, it is usually "Fear East" even more than the north; exact reason it never crossed Dangote mind to even cite largest refinery in anything east because Ipob/esn can wake up one day and ask Ekpa's oil and gas foreign minister to take over because it is in alaigbo's east. Before you know it, US expatriates and other foreign workers hired by Dangote may be kidnapped and carry to inside one Ozu Forrest where they practice cannibalism. Always Fear East since kanu exported criminalities to alaigbo due to hatred of Buhari winning election against Jonathan

To u and all those who liked ur comments are just igbophobic and sentimental. Is Akwaibom in Anambra or in the East?

If u have a working brain, I don't think u will call out a whole tribe before u can drive home your point.

Any day u have not called the Igbo's I am sure u can't never rest.
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by sreamsense: 4:57pm On May 17, 2023
ovie8200:

Please, go back to school and learn your geography because the state mentioned is located in the south-south and not in the south east, and stop pinpointing because of your hatred which will not get you anywhere! just-food for thought!

eldoradoxx:

Before you write things on the internet to display your crass ignorance, try and do a little research. Akwa Ibom is not East, Akwa Ibom are South South/Niger Delta and they are not Igbo, they don't have any Igbo speaking people in Akwa Ibom. You now see that you are ready to lunch attack on the East/Igbos at the slightest excuse because you are too ignorant. As at JSS 3, I could distinguish every major ethnic group in Nigeria...... .

NOETHNICITY:
Your own illiteracy get muscle
You don’t even know the region Akwa Ibom is located. Chai
maxiart2:

Oga calm down. Akwa Ibom State is under South South not East. No be everything be ipob and bokoharam. Try to dey read and comprehend.

Nice2023:

To u and all those who liked ur comments are just igbophobic and sentimental. Is Akwaibom in Anambra or in the East?
If u have a working brain, I don't think u will call out a whole tribe before u can drive home your point.
Any day u have not called the Igbo's I am sure u can't never rest.

Rybnyk:

You need some geography lessons if you think Akwa ibom is in the south east. I recommend a full course. You write like a very confused individual...

No wonder, why it is easy for kanu to easily manipulate lots of brainless folks to believe Buhari was dead long time ago, they just attended school without having proper functional education. Just my simple last text submission where I talked about anything "east", fear them has proven many Ipob/esn members and sympathizers to be illitrates. Many of them are using Alaba/oyingbo and ogbete market English to interprete my submission. Go and read it again and again or give it to somebody that understands English better to interprete to you. How does that translate to not knowing south east has 5-states or akwa ibom is in South south? If you ever said that to my submission, cover your face in shame. It means either your proper understanding of English is poor or your intelligent IQ is low.

Many of you lack proper understanding of my analogy and sarcasm in the same text context. My message is in summary with what happened in akwa ibom's east; fear anything called "East" any where it is located, I used akwa ibom event to relate message to Ipob/esn destructive activities in South east, but many of you are half-baked educated since you hired people to write your English in WAEC. Anything outside obi kekerenke, you don't understand.

I used event in akwa ibom east to paint picture/send message to Ipob/esn in South east that have similar destructive mindset. How on Earth woudn't one know south east doesn't pass 5 states in Nigeria even if I don't go to school? I don't hate Igbos in reality and in one-on-one, I only hate Ipob/esn activities, dubious/faking acts and anything fradulent that are affecting true, honest, hardworking and humble Igbos
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by bnovative(m): 5:10pm On May 17, 2023
You should not take this story serious, the governor is trying to justify his failure in this very project.
If you live in Akwa Ibom State, you should know better.
Background:
In 2017
The governor spend humongous amount in dollars to purchase special breed of coconut from abroad. He claimed it will start bearing fruit at 2years.
After three years and no coconut showed any capacity to bear fruit, because it was the "male" type that doesn't bear fruit; this same governor ashamelessly alluded that the locals used juju "mbiam " to destroy it.
He made budget again and expended millions of dollars to purchase this set that he claims the youth had destroyed.
For your information, this governor had spent millions of dollars to purchase Mexico cows "special breed " which no one has seen. Perhaps the youth Also stole the cows.
Truth is the governor is not being sincere.
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by luckedesiri(m): 5:13pm On May 17, 2023
siralos135:
The government should also understand the importance of security in the sustenance of whatever development strides he aimed at achieving. What about insurance?
These are necessities for projects of such magnitude.
.... Them deh insure werin never dey bring profit Insurance or not... There is no justification for destroying that coconut plantation!!!
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by luckedesiri(m): 5:14pm On May 17, 2023
orion7:
as long as u re in Apc you can’t have sense. Even that. Fake pastor osunbajo is just as foolish as ffk. As for you lol. Your case is otilo
.... U no fit spell well and u dey insult vice president.... Who do u this one no try at all!!?
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by luckedesiri(m): 5:15pm On May 17, 2023
Chibuzoc:
angry in as much as we condemn the act by the youths of eastern obolo, we should not shy away from asking questions about the remapping of indigenous lands
.... What benefits will the land yield If the government didn't use it for plantation?
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by maxiart2(m): 5:22pm On May 17, 2023
sreamsense:
Before it used to be "Fear North", but nowadays, it is usually "Fear East" even more than the north; exact reason it never crossed Dangote mind to even cite largest refinery in anything east because Ipob/esn can wake up one day and ask Ekpa's oil and gas foreign minister to take over because it is in alaigbo's east. Before you know it, US expatriates and other foreign workers hired by Dangote may be kidnapped and carry to inside one Ozu Forrest where they practice cannibalism. Always Fear East since kanu exported criminalities to alaigbo due to hatred of Buhari winning election against Jonathan

Oga calm down. Akwa Ibom State is under South South not East. No be everything be ipob and bokoharam. Try to dey read and comprehend.
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by chrisxxx(m): 5:41pm On May 17, 2023
Solsix:

Hello akwaibom is in south south, don't let hatred destroy you
Akwa Ibom no be Biafra land again? Oh! Today you have recognised South South? It is no longer there is no South South?
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by YoshihideSuga: 5:43pm On May 17, 2023
bnovative:
You should not take this story serious, the governor is trying to justify his failure in this very project.
If you live in Akwa Ibom State, you should know better.
Background:
In 2017
The governor spend humongous amount in dollars to purchase special breed of coconut from abroad. He claimed it will start bearing fruit at 2years.
After three years and no coconut showed any capacity to bear fruit, because it was the "male" type that doesn't bear fruit; this same governor ashamelessly alluded that the locals used juju "mbiam " to destroy it.
He made budget again and expended millions of dollars to purchase this set that he claims the youth had destroyed.
For your information, this governor had spent millions of dollars to purchase Mexico cows "special breed " which no one has seen. Perhaps the youth Also stole the cows.
Truth is the governor is not being sincere.

Too terrible from Udom. Absolutely terrible. The special breed of coconut actually germinates in five years not two sef. Chai Udom! Also, why the remapping, especially as it will benefit his LGA?
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by eldoradoxx: 5:44pm On May 17, 2023
sreamsense:
Before you write things on the internet to display your crass ignorance, try and do a little research. Akwa Ibom is not East, Akwa Ibom are South South/Niger Delta and they are not Igbo, they don't have any Igbo speaking people in Akwa Ibom. You now see that you are ready to lunch attack on the East/Igbos at the slightest excuse because you are too ignorant. As at JSS 3, I could distinguish every major ethnic group in Nigeria. But here is a man who does not know Nigeria beyond his village trying to insult people on the basis of ethnicity that he knows absolutely nothing about. I pity my Igbo brothers, everyone is ready to hit at them, even ignorant folks.
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by holysaint1(m): 5:57pm On May 17, 2023
were the youths carried along all the while you were planting and nurturing the plantation ??

there's a difference between you did something for someone as a surprise, AND you did something for someone that knows the value of the said thing being done for him or her, they will do everything in their power to protect that investment from external attacks.

this movement or plantation should have been effectively communicated to the people of these communities so that they see the long term benefits, and also you try to ameliorate their short-term sufferings while they wait for the long term benefits of their patience and hard work.

In that way you have carried them along through out the waiting process as that's the most difficult stage in all of this.
but from the look of things i doubt that was the case here.

1 Like

Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by Ajuboi: 5:58pm On May 17, 2023
The Governor should be please guide the public directly on what happened, I want to let us Know that the youths of Eastern obolo are God fearing and respected youth across the globe, the said coconut plantation is all most getting to 8years now without bearing any fruit, has been stunted since, this is because the government refuse to compensate the owners of the land after their lands was collected from them, the both local governments Eastern Obolo and mkpat Enin had laid a course on that land since then, so please Eastern obolo youths are innocent of this act
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by Chibuzoc(m): 6:13pm On May 17, 2023
luckedesiri:
.... What benefits will the land yield If the government didn't use it for plantation?

That should be discussed with the community, we have seen instance were govt officials later allocate community lands to themselves.

Note that remapping of indigenous community is sensitive
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by MadarasBlade(m): 6:22pm On May 17, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Warri own is a real basket case. I'm a Deltan and grew up in the outskirts of Warri. The madness that gripped the city and it's environs since 1996 is unimaginable. I'm proud to say I grew up as a Warri boy and the street sense it gave me. But the city is a shadow of itself now. It's a ghost town with Keke, POS and Trading as the only "stable" means of employment. This was a city that had a thriving oil industry with all the allied industries that support it. Warri used to ball until the wee hours of the morning. Today any balling after 5pm is for men with brave hearts.
Nawa, such a sad tale. The youths should do better honestly.
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by LibertyNfortune(m): 6:27pm On May 17, 2023
sreamsense:

Ur buhari is a bastard
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by Raalsalghul: 6:50pm On May 17, 2023
ednut1:
“Through the ages, the African appears to have evolved no organised religious creed, and though some tribes appear to believe in a deity, the religious sense seldom rises above pantheistic animalism and seems more often to take the form of a vague dread of the supernatural. He lacks the power of organisation, and is conspicuously deficient in the management and control alike of men or business. He loves the display of power, but fails to realize its responsibility - he will work hard with a less incentive than most races. He has the courage of the fighting animal, an instinct rather than a moral virtue. In brief, the virtues and defects of his race -type are those of attractive children, whose confidence when it is won is given ungrudgingly as to an older and wiser superior and without envy. Perhaps, the two traits which have impressed me as those most characteristic of the African native are his lack of apprehension and his lack of ability to visualize the future"

Lord lugard in his book dual mandates. 100 years later black man still hasn’t changed

😢😢😢😢😢
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by broadman20: 7:04pm On May 17, 2023
sreamsense:

Yorubas are the most senseless idiots in the whole world.

It's only them that are afraid to lose the people they hate with everything in them.

What a very useless tribe.
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:04pm On May 17, 2023
sreamsense:
Your own illiteracy get muscle
You don’t even know the region Akwa Ibom is located. Chai
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by Regex: 7:18pm On May 17, 2023
ednut1:
“Through the ages, the African appears to have evolved no organised religious creed, and though some tribes appear to believe in a deity, the religious sense seldom rises above pantheistic animalism and seems more often to take the form of a vague dread of the supernatural. He lacks the power of organisation, and is conspicuously deficient in the management and control alike of men or business. He loves the display of power, but fails to realize its responsibility - he will work hard with a less incentive than most races. He has the courage of the fighting animal, an instinct rather than a moral virtue. In brief, the virtues and defects of his race -type are those of attractive children, whose confidence when it is won is given ungrudgingly as to an older and wiser superior and without envy. Perhaps, the two traits which have impressed me as those most characteristic of the African native are his lack of apprehension and his lack of ability to visualize the future"

Lord lugard in his book dual mandates. 100 years later black man still hasn’t changed

Good lord! What is wrong with the black man?
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by ufotunang: 7:33pm On May 17, 2023
Destroying something that can create jobs for you and youths in the area and develop the community and area
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by onlyboyson(m): 8:23pm On May 17, 2023
LeoDeKing:
As in, I don't get it. Did they destroy the plantation just to sabotage govt effort or a kind of destructive exploitation for self benefit?

Because only terrorist groups are known for such senseless destruction which are ipob terrorists and bokoharam.
bro you are a big fool by saying that IPOB is terrorist group

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by LeoDeKing: 8:29pm On May 17, 2023
onlyboyson:

Mynd44 nlfpmod Seun Dominique Mukina2 lalasticlala
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by Tingotoe: 9:03pm On May 17, 2023
onlyboyson:

But by Nigerian law IPOB has been declared a terrorist organization by a competent court of law. That's makes them terrorists
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:18pm On May 17, 2023
The youth must rise unanimously against these criminal rulers and cleanse their state of greedy politicians and their conspirators angrythen naija will grow when they use our money to build assets that empowers all citizens whether rich or poor. In Europe rich man and poor man go to same public toilet,why can't obj go to same public toilet with newspaper vendors on streets.
Is a fraud rue from 1999 angry
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by KingRoiz(m): 10:21pm On May 17, 2023
Scam.... Scam... Yes it's bad if the vandals destroyed anything... But to exaggerate the damages to cover up for an white elephant project is a scam...

Remember the bank that got robbed of 10million and the manager reports to the police that 90million was stolen from the bank? Ehhhenn... Na dem banker ways
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by Everbryte: 10:31pm On May 17, 2023
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by alfredfrddy(m): 10:39pm On May 17, 2023
Trust the government at your peril. There might other hidden agenda. In as much as I don't support the destruction, I also blame the govt cos something's might be fishy. Alaye fit want scam us and pocket the money o.
Re: Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel by onlyboyson(m): 11:19pm On May 17, 2023
Tingotoe:
But by Nigerian law IPOB has been declared a terrorist organization by a competent court of law. That's makes them terrorists
Nigeria law and judiciary is just full of ethics bigot, religious fenatic bribery and corruption

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fish Farming And Pig Farming: Which Is More Profitable? / This Could Be The Reason Why Our Farm Was Poisoned. / See How Nigerians Are Killing Their Rice Value Chain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.