Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,412 members, 7,850,462 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:49 PM

Payment Of Salaries, Pensions An Achievement – Ayade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Payment Of Salaries, Pensions An Achievement – Ayade (259 Views)

The Illegality Of Ex-Governors Collecting Both Salaries & Pensions- PremiumTimes / IDPs: Peter Obi Excuses Ortom's Non-Payment Of Salaries, Pensions (Video) / Budgit Exposes 17 States Owing Salaries, Pensions Despite N1.8trillion Bailout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Payment Of Salaries, Pensions An Achievement – Ayade by treesun: 11:08am On May 17, 2023
The Governor of Cross River State, Ben Ayade, on Tuesday, said payment of salaries and pensions is an achievement of any government, particularly his administration.

He said this while responding to questions on Arise Television’s ‘The Morning Show’

He said while Cross River receives the least in terms of federal allocation, it ranks number when it comes to commitment and payment of salaries and pensions to workers.

He added that payment of salaries and pensions is more important than any other project a government can embark on.

He said, “What is the point of building a skyscraper when your people and citizens are poor? I am a son of a civil servant. My father retired as a civil servant. So, I know that salary and pension are far more critical than any other project.

“The citizens of this country matter more than building massive projects when your people are poor. And I can tell you Cross River State ranks number one in terms of commitment of salaries and pensions yet we are number 36 in terms of federal allocation.”
Ayade added that he had paid 36 months of salaries and arrears inherited from the previous administration.

He said, “Let me tell you, I inherited, for example, 36 months salary debt and arrears and I cleared that. And you think that is not big news?

“You think Cross River state with the lowest allocation in the country is not owing salaries, and pensions are not big news? Please go to other states and check states that earn far more than I do and still owe salaries.”

https://punchng.com/payment-of-salaries-pensions-an-achievement-ayade/
Re: Payment Of Salaries, Pensions An Achievement – Ayade by treesun: 11:15am On May 17, 2023
I weep for Nigeria my country! This man destroy all the legacy of Donald Duke
Re: Payment Of Salaries, Pensions An Achievement – Ayade by mrsage(m): 11:21am On May 17, 2023
So sad.
Re: Payment Of Salaries, Pensions An Achievement – Ayade by abobote: 11:31am On May 17, 2023
Ayade really came prepared for the interview, he didn't allow Ruben or Rufai bully home.

Ofcourse payment of salary is not an achievement, but he actually met 36months backlog like he claimed and paid all without owing any salary, then its something to be proud of.

He tried in defending himself and his government. Kodus to Arise TV too, for asking hard questions
Re: Payment Of Salaries, Pensions An Achievement – Ayade by abobote: 11:34am On May 17, 2023
treesun:
I weep for Nigeria my country! This man destroy all the legacy of Donald Duke
Not entirely true, I think the governor before him, Liyel Imole destroyed most of the Donald Duke's legacies.
The Obudu cattle ranch and Tinapa were not working when he took over

Not in any way saying he performed as governor, but putting the records straight
Re: Payment Of Salaries, Pensions An Achievement – Ayade by Racoon(m): 11:37am On May 17, 2023
Payments of salaries is not an achievement Mr failed professor because these are their entitlement. After all, you governors unjustifiably allocate humongous benefits to yourselves in and out of office despite the putrifying corruption that follows your stint in office.
Re: Payment Of Salaries, Pensions An Achievement – Ayade by treesun: 12:21pm On May 17, 2023
abobote:

Not entirely true, I think the governor before him, Liyel Imole destroyed most of the Donald Duke's legacies.
The Obudu cattle ranch and Tinapa were not working when he took over

Not in any way saying he performed as governor, but putting the records straight

Nlfpmod!
Re: Payment Of Salaries, Pensions An Achievement – Ayade by Ekejoestar(m): 12:32pm On May 17, 2023
I employ 2 sales girls who work for me in my shop and I pay them.as at when due, it's not an achievement but it's my obligation
Re: Payment Of Salaries, Pensions An Achievement – Ayade by slivertongue: 1:11pm On May 17, 2023
It's a mandatory responsibility only lazy and incompetent leaders call it an achievement
Re: Payment Of Salaries, Pensions An Achievement – Ayade by treesun: 4:08pm On May 17, 2023
Super Ayade!

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: ‘president-elect’ Tinubu Set To Return To Nigeria Today / Your Excellency, Please Be The Transformational Leader-president That We Need. / Our Administration Will Work Together, Biden To Tinibu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.