Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,676 members, 7,865,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:19 AM

USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same (797 Views)

Come To The Negotiating Table Without Delay - Zelensky Begs Russia / Police Cash In On Call Data To Clamp Down On Journalists / Boko Haram: Buhari Turns To Russia For Military Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:52am On May 17, 2023
The United States has announced it has 1,419 deployed nuclear warheads in its arsenal, as it urged Russia to release its data.

The US Department of State said it was releasing the information publicly as part of its commitments under the New START Treaty, appearing to reverse an earlier decision not to share the data.

“The United States continues to view transparency among nuclear weapon states as extremely valuable for reducing the likelihood of misperception, miscalculation, and costly arms competitions,” a spokesperson said in a statement on Tuesday.

The new Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty came into force in 2011 and was extended for a further five years in 2021.

It caps the number of strategic nuclear warheads that the US and Russia can deploy, as well as the deployment of land and submarine-based missiles and the bombers to deliver them.

But in February this year, amid a sharp deterioration in relations since Moscow’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, Russian President Vladimir Putin said he was suspending Russia’s participation in the agreement.

The US said that Moscow had not made any disclosures in March and was “not implementing other key provisions of the treaty” but did not elaborate.

“The United States calls on the Russian Federation to comply with its legally-binding obligations by returning to full implementation of the New START Treaty and all the stabilizing transparency and verification measures contained within it,” the State Department spokesperson added.

The latest figures show that as well as the deployed nuclear warheads, the US had 662 deployed intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs) and heavy bombers.

In total, it said as of March 1 it had 800 delivery systems both deployed and non-deployed, the maximum allowed.

Under New START, the two countries agreed to limit the deployment of nuclear warheads to 1,550 and long-range missiles and bombers to 700.

Inspections were also part of the agreement but were suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic. Discussions on resuming inspections were supposed to have taken place in November 2022, but Russia abruptly called them off, citing US support for Ukraine.

The US and Russia account for about 90 percent of the world’s nuclear warheads.

Russia has the largest stockpile of nuclear weapons in the world, with close to 6,000 warheads, according to experts.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/5/16/us-releases-nuclear-warhead-data-in-bid-to-pressure-russia

1 Share

Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by Betscoreodds: 12:03pm On May 17, 2023
When some of us in Africa were advising the West to stop this war and consider Russia's security concerns, they called us third world trolls. I wish them the best as they invoke their so called over hyped article 5 and start a nuclear war with Russia. 😎.... Oh I forgot... Nato only bullies weak nations and runs away from them after they spend two trillion for nothing and then..... Hides under another nation to do proxy war because they are scared of the body bags they will bring home..... God bless putin God bless mother Russia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by EastAlchemist: 12:38pm On May 17, 2023
If it was left to me
Can this people fight if they want to fight
Or shut up

1 Like

Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by 9jahotblog: 1:01pm On May 17, 2023
Russia Doesn’t have the half weapons US have.
Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by Just40: 1:13pm On May 17, 2023
9jahotblog:
US has already run out of weapons and is begging South Korea for more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by 9jahotblog: 1:18pm On May 17, 2023
Just40:
US has already run out of weapons and is begging South Korea for more
ok
Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by savcy(m): 1:35pm On May 17, 2023
9jahotblog:

Why then is all of Europe assisting in weapon aid to Ukraine? The US alone supplying arms would have dealt a huge blow to their stockpile. I want the war to end today, but you have to give it to the Russians for fighting the enitre West and still holding on for more than a year now. If this was a USA-Iraq situation, Ukraine would have been defeated long before now. I underestimated Russia the whole time. Total weapons from the West they've destroyed so far is in excess of $100b. That's huge. I don't know how they plan to sustain this, but they have exceeded my projections.

3 Likes

Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by Kingsnairaland(m): 1:52pm On May 17, 2023
9jahotblog:
USA that sent Germany to go beg Brazil and Argentina for weapons lol even trump said USA is running low.
Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by Gbogbowa: 1:56pm On May 17, 2023
Betscoreodds:
When some of us in Africa were advising the West to stop this war and consider Russia's security concerns, they called us third world trolls. I wish them the best as they invoke their so called over hyped article 5 and start a nuclear war with Russia. 😎.... Oh I forgot... Nato only bullies weak nations and runs away from them after they spend two trillion for nothing and then..... Hides under another nation to do proxy war because they are scared of the body bags they will bring home..... God bless putin God bless mother Russia
look at the headline from Aljazera but look at Niaraland headline nonsense. You people are full of propaganda because you want to hype Russia, Russia is nothing compare to Isreal not to talk of America
Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by Gbogbowa: 2:00pm On May 17, 2023
savcy:

Why then is all of Europe assisting in weapon aid to Ukraine? The US alone supplying arms would have dealt a huge blow to their stockpile. I want the war to end today, but you have to give it to the Russians for fighting the enitre West and still holding on for more than a year now. If this was a USA-Iraq situation, Ukraine would have been defeated long before now. I underestimated Russia the whole time. Total weapons from the West they've destroyed so far is in excess of $100b. That's huge. I don't know how they plan to sustain this, but they have exceeded my projections.
Nato is just helping the Ukraine to defend their teritory, what i expecg the Russia to do if they really want to fight America, let them bomb American embasy in Russia or Ukraine then the fight start
Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:10pm On May 17, 2023
Gbogbowa:
look at the headline from Aljazera but look at Niaraland headline nonsense. You people are full of propaganda because you want to hype Russia, Russia is nothing compare to Isreal not to talk of America

urged Russia to release its data

I urge you to reconsider

I beg you to reconsider

Do you see the similarities

English is interchangeable

Do you think a western news outlet will write beg in it headline.

1 Like

Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by 9jahotblog: 2:11pm On May 17, 2023
savcy:

when Iran 🇮🇷 was reacting against USA 🇺🇸 during Trump , trump released the arsenals of USA weapons, then you will know that USA 🇺🇸 is the most strongest country in the world in terms of weapon
Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:12pm On May 17, 2023
Gbogbowa:
Nato is just helping the Ukraine to defend their teritory, what i expecg the Russia to do if they really want to fight America, let them bomb American embasy in Russia or Ukraine then the fight start
Google the number of times Russia has destroyed USA planes before Putin came in.
Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:12pm On May 17, 2023
9jahotblog:
when Iran 🇮🇷 was reacting against USA 🇺🇸 during Trump , trump released the arsenals of USA weapons, then you will know that USA 🇺🇸 is the most strongest country in the world in terms of weapon
watch trump interview he said USA stock is running low.
Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by 9jahotblog: 2:13pm On May 17, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
watch trump interview he said USA stock is running low.
ok
Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by goodnessme1(f): 2:32pm On May 17, 2023
Ok
Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by savcy(m): 2:40pm On May 17, 2023
Gbogbowa:

You really don't get what's going on do you? Let me cite a few examples of what has happened so far and why requesting Russia to bomb the US embassy is ridiculous. 1) When Biden visited Kyiv, the Pentagon literally put a call across to Kremlin informing them of the Airforce 1's impending arrival in Ukraine's airspace. Why do you think they did that? 2) Two nights ago Russia sent a blitz of missiles aiming for the patriot system stationed in the heart of Kyiv. Why didn't they just send them to Bakhmut and blast it to cinder? 3) When it was reported that Ukraine had sent drones to kill Putin in the Kremlin, the US made it clear they had advised Ukraine against any combat activity that goes trans-border into Russia. Why? They know the outcome.

Do you think the US or Russia cannot launch an offensive against each other this moment? Forget what's happening, Russian Generals are very upset at the pace Putin is executing the war. They want to send a nationwide blitz and end Ukraine now. The issue is no one wants a nuclear holocaust, and everyone is avoiding anything that would provoke it. That's the reason they are all playing "nicely". Because, none of these guys can win an all out war void of nuclear arms. The US got beat in Vietnam. They needed nukes to defeat the Japs. The most assuredly won't win Russia. Both countries would nuke each other out. Europe, US, Canada, Russia, Mexico would seize to exist. Are those stakes not high enough to avoid a confrontation that would lead to such an outcome?

1 Like

Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by Kingsnairaland(m): 6:15am On May 18, 2023
savcy:

You really don't get what's going on do you? Let me cite a few examples of what has happened so far and why requesting Russia to bomb the US embassy is ridiculous. 1) When Biden visited Kyiv, the Pentagon literally put a call across to Kremlin informing them of the Airforce 1's impending arrival in Ukraine's airspace. Why do you think they did that? 2) Two nights ago Russia sent a blitz of missiles aiming for the patriot system stationed in the heart of Kyiv. Why didn't they just send them to Bakhmut and blast it to cinder? 3) When it was reported that Ukraine had sent drones to kill Putin in the Kremlin, the US made it clear they had advised Ukraine against any combat activity that goes trans-border into Russia. Why? They know the outcome.

Do you think the US or Russia cannot launch an offensive against each other this moment? Forget what's happening, Russian Generals are very upset at the pace Putin is executing the war. They want to send a nationwide blitz and end Ukraine now. The issue is no one wants a nuclear holocaust, and everyone is avoiding anything that would provoke it. That's the reason they are all playing "nicely". Because, none of these guys can win an all out war void of nuclear arms. The US got beat in Vietnam. They needed nukes to defeat the Japs. The most assuredly won't win Russia. Both countries would nuke each other out. Europe, US, Canada, Russia, Mexico would seize to exist. Are those stakes not high enough to avoid a confrontation that would lead to such an outcome?
yeah.
Re: USA Release Nuclear Data To Russia Begs Russia To Do The Same by darkwan: 7:04am On May 18, 2023
EastAlchemist:
If it was left to me
Can this people fight if they want to fight
Or shut up

na soo....

(1) (Reply)

Multidimensional Poverty Index State By State: Ebonyi Worst In Southern Nigeria / Certificate Saga: Presenting Fresh Evidence At Supreme Court Difficult — Lawyer / APC National Chairman, Sen President & Others Welcomes Sen Ifeanyi Ubah To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.