Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Obafemi Awolowo Is My Inspiration - Gov. Babangida Aliyu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obafemi Awolowo Is My Inspiration - Gov. Babangida Aliyu (3243 Views)

Babangida Aliyu Asked To Refund N3bn He Allegedly Looted From Niger / Breaking!!! Apc Senatorial Candidate Leads Gov Babangida Aliyu / ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obafemi Awolowo Is My Inspiration - Gov. Babangida Aliyu by OAM4J: 3:03am On Sep 27, 2011
[size=13pt]Awolowo my inspiration, says Aliyu[/size]

The love and undying passion of the late sage and first Premier of the defunct Western Region, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, towards free and affordable education were the major inspirations behind the free education policy in Niger State, Governor Babangida Aliyu has said.

The governor also praised the legal luminary Aare Afe Babalola (SAN), likening him to Awolowo for his love for education. He noted that the love Babalola has for education spurred him to establish the Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD).

Aliyu said free education is possible nationwide if governments at all levels can check excesses and if true federalism could be adopted instead of the present defective federal system the country operates.

The governor spoke at the weekend when he chaired the inauguration of the new leadership of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) at the Yar’Adua Centre, Abuja.

ABUAD won the award of the Most Progressive, Dynamic and Fastest Growing University Nigeria.The university was the only higher institution that won an award at the event.
Aliyu said he was impressed that ABUAD is the only university in Nigeria registered as a not-for-profit institution, noting that this was borne out of Babalola’s generosity and determination to offer quality education to Nigerians without aiming at profit.

The governor also said the free tuition, which he enjoyed from primary up to tertiary level, was another reason he introduced free education in Niger State.

Aliyu said the seed of affordable education, which the late Awolowo planted in his lifetime, has empowered and liberated the Southwest from material and intellectual poverty.
He said: “I’ve always respected our founding father, Chief Awolowo, when he introduced free education policy in the then Western Region. Chief Awolowo foresaw education as the future. This was why he was so passionate about free education for his people, and he implemented it to the core. And his region, the Southwest, is better for it today.

“I’m also impressed with what Babalola is doing in ABUAD. It shows commitment and determination on his part to give quality education. I also understand that ABUAD was established as a not-for-profit institution, ”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/20901-awolowo-my-inspiration-says-aliyu.html
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Is My Inspiration - Gov. Babangida Aliyu by ektbear: 3:09am On Sep 27, 2011
He is saying all the right words. But talk is cheap. Is he backing any of it up?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Is My Inspiration - Gov. Babangida Aliyu by lagcity(m): 3:12am On Sep 27, 2011
Aliyu has his eyes on Aso rock. watch out Sambo! Awolowo is the best though, we all know that cool cool.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Is My Inspiration - Gov. Babangida Aliyu by aljharem3: 3:29am On Sep 27, 2011
lagcity:

Aliyu has his eyes on Aso rock. watch out Sambo! Awolowo is the best though, we all know that cool cool.

Yes o we all knew that. Haters can go hug transformer

@Topic

what is aliyu doing about Niger state. Talk is cheap u know
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Is My Inspiration - Gov. Babangida Aliyu by RoadStar: 4:23am On Sep 27, 2011
lagcity:

The best president Nigeria never had.
I hope gov Aliyu can become the[b] best governor Niger state ever had.[/b]

You know in Nigeria, u are the peoples darling until u become presido and then u become the devil himself.
Like GEJ is beginning to find out.

That is why Nigerians always look up to the leaders that never came to be.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Is My Inspiration - Gov. Babangida Aliyu by htajz: 9:20am On Sep 27, 2011
so when is he going to commit his own suicide
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Is My Inspiration - Gov. Babangida Aliyu by ayusbobs(m): 9:31am On Sep 27, 2011
i want to kno if ABUAD na free?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Is My Inspiration - Gov. Babangida Aliyu by Delafruita(m): 10:25am On Sep 27, 2011
Wetin dis people dey yawn?afe babalola university na non-profit organization?abeg dis people wan kill me.ABUAD collects 660,000naira as school fees alone and its supposed to be non-profit?an extra 80,000 for accomodation and they still call it non-profit.dis people dey kolomental
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Is My Inspiration - Gov. Babangida Aliyu by olawalebabs(m): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2011
Good for him, atleast his educational policy if truly, he's implementing it is okay. but this man get sweet mouth.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Is My Inspiration - Gov. Babangida Aliyu by cbjonstage(m): 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2011
lagcity:

HE HAS NO GOOD RECORD ACHIEVEMENT IN HIS HOME STATE COS NIGER STATE CANNOT EVEN BOAST OF GOOD PORTABLE WATER IF HIS INSPIRATION COMES FROM AWO

ROAD NKO, ROADS CONNECTING YOU FROM LAMBATA TO LAPAI IS DEAD-TRAP --- I LIKE THE MAN because HE GAT GIFTED LYRICS, I WISH HE IS A MUSICIANS  tongue  grin

THANK GOD AM NOT A NORTHERN I FOR FINISH AM HERE
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Is My Inspiration - Gov. Babangida Aliyu by member479760: 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2011
If not for late Pa Awo, I for no no weytin be computer. Pa AWOLOWO rest in peace.
it's better for one to commit suicide than dragging his own people to shameful war!
Shame on those that enjoyed the same indiscriminately free education with us and talking trash today!

(1) (Reply)

Senate Passes ₦4.8T For 2012 Budget / Should Religious Leaders Seek Political Positions? / President Jonathan's Salary Revealed ( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.