Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules (28175 Views)

Man United Fined €300,000 For Breaching Financial Fair Play Rules / Mason Greenwood remanded in custody until Nov 21, For Breaching Bail Conditions / Mason Greenwood Arrested For 'breaching Bail', Contacting 'alleged Victim' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by mordred44: 7:20pm On May 17, 2023
I will also reserve my comment till then
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Streetmovement(m): 7:22pm On May 17, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Nawao, this one don go break rules wey him know already
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Icuib4cu: 7:26pm On May 17, 2023
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by thundafire: 7:30pm On May 17, 2023
RentedReality:
I'll bet you that he was betting on himself

A number of footballers are secret gamblers. They also like betting on themselves scoring goals

Thouhh I wonder how the regulators found out. Was he leaving behind his betslips in the locker room? Or one match cut his ticket and he tore it left and left it carelessly

He'll be back but I hope he can return to his current form
they have spies on each players and the follow up on close friends and families. So the minute dey hear betting Omo u are gone

4 Likes

Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by tonididdy(m): 7:31pm On May 17, 2023
Football and maybe sports in general is dying or dead already.
….players are heavy secret gamblers hence we see some games where players struggle to score or win a game they should could’ve won with eyes closed!.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 17, 2023
RentedReality:

A number of footballers are secret gamblers. They also like betting on themselves scoring goals

Thouhh I wonder how the regulators found out. Was he leaving behind his betslips in the locker room? Or one match cut his ticket and he tore it left and left it carelessly

I think the online betting company reported him. Most betting sites have your full information and sometimes they require ID to withdraw huge winnings. So they found out he was a professional player and reported to FA.

This players gamble a lot. Just that the account must not be yours and the account to withdraw funds must not be yours. Might be a family members own.

The footballing world has been corrupted by Betting. Most clubs in some not so popular leagues already know the score of the match they want to play. They have informed their family members to stake the correct score before the match begins. And some of this guys tell their friends. That’s were fixed game came from. There are indeed fixed game.

Especially live bet you will see team winning from first half before you know in 89 minute someone gets red carded and the opponent equalizes and then you see another red card in 93 minutes and then they score a winning goal staging a comeback. Na mumu Dey bet except you are an insider and can read the scripts in your mind

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 17, 2023
tonididdy:
Football and maybe sports in general is dying or dead already.
….players are heavy secret gamblers hence we see some games where players struggle to score or win a game they should could’ve won with eyes closed!.

You get it bro. I won’t be surprised Chelsea players have cashed out heavily by purposely losing all their matches

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 17, 2023
thundafire:
they have spies on each players and the follow up on close friends and families. So the minute dey hear betting Omo u are gone

I don’t think it’s possible to track them to close friends
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 17, 2023
Icuib4cu:
I wan run this thing with nigeria league looking for sponsors, unfortunately no corners or cards or fouls options for npl dem nor trust us.

Dem no say boys go do over 20.5 corner for 10 odds. Put 200k on top and smile home with 2 million free of charge grin
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Icuib4cu: 7:43pm On May 17, 2023
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Olam09(m): 7:52pm On May 17, 2023
God1000:
Is he that reckless and oblivious of the rules?

Betting has ruined so many lives

This is what happen, people do bet on him to score in a match.. so he do deliver.. he himself do bet on himself.
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Chetas81(m): 8:01pm On May 17, 2023
God1000:
Is he that reckless and oblivious of the rules?

Betting has ruined so many lives
gambling is an official business recognise by the Nigerian government which is very bad
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by blowjohn(m): 8:04pm On May 17, 2023
GoldenJAT:
A country that works!! If you can do the crime! Be ready to do the time!

Out country works too.

Don't u see Seun kuti?
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by EUGENEINYANG(m): 8:10pm On May 17, 2023
Me wey like betting pass anytime so, if na me i for sick by force oooo 😀😀😄😀😀
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Bobxin: 9:47pm On May 17, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

they will simply bet over 20.5 corners

then they start kicking every damn ball to corner
That's so enlightening. Thanks.
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Bobxin: 9:50pm On May 17, 2023
Olam09:

This is what happen, people do bet on him to score in a match.. so he do deliver.. he himself do bet on himself.

It's still risky, what if he couldn't deliver?
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by sonofthunder: 9:52pm On May 17, 2023
Pennywise2:
3 great scams
1. Crypto
2. Betting
3. I will invest your money for you group.

How about Forex?
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by BaddestQueen(f): 10:39pm On May 17, 2023
Angelfrost:

He is not the only culprit... Several players and coaches are into it, and many more deliberately sabotage games to make serious money!

Big Sam got punished for the same thing years back!

That's why certain games should be well monitored and results investigated! Games like:

Liverpool Vs Man United (7:0)
Brighton Vs Everton (1:5)
that brighton everton is fixed
I never believed in this fixed match but I am convinced that either everton payed to win the match because there's no way everton can beat brighton with that margin.
it's impossible in football.
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Truthshscrazy: 10:53pm On May 17, 2023
undecided
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by mkoabiola: 5:26am On May 18, 2023
He will appel d ban
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by dannyche(m): 6:41am On May 18, 2023
The beginning of the end of player's career...imagine not playing competitive football for 8months straight.
If he bounces back from this then I'd know he's really a top class footballer.
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Tonytonex(m): 7:04am On May 18, 2023
davidtemi:
Na all of dem dey bet abeg
Neymar too dey bet. Him own na upset him dey bet against his club.

1 Like

Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by millionboi2: 8:06am On May 18, 2023
sonofthunder:

How about Forex?
bigger scam
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Ray07(m): 8:32am On May 18, 2023
RentedReality:

Rashford is a culprit here. Dude hardly pass the ball. sad

No wonder e hard to win better money this days for betting.
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by sylve11: 8:38am On May 18, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

they will simply bet over 20.5 corners

then they start kicking every damn ball to corner

grin grin cool
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by sylve11: 8:39am On May 18, 2023
They should investigate Xhaka as well. cool
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Ray07(m): 8:41am On May 18, 2023
Angelfrost:

He is not the only culprit... Several players and coaches are into it, and many more deliberately sabotage games to make serious money!

Big Sam got punished for the same thing years back!

That's why certain games should be well monitored and results investigated! Games like:

Liverpool Vs Man United (7:0)
Brighton Vs Everton (1:5)
Now you believed what I told you about the united game right. cheesy

Who knows if those money drunk Glazers are betting on some united games. grin
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Femi8586(m): 9:55am On May 18, 2023
Pennywise2:
3 great scams
1. Crypto
2. Betting
3. I will invest your money for you group.

Remove crypto from it. Crypto is not a scam. Some few who engage in scamming people through it doesn't mean the business is a scam.
In fact, crypto has blessed my life with upto 14million naira through Arbitrum and Sui airdrop this year with less than #100k I used in farming the airdrop.

It may sound unbelievable to you as usual so you will assume I'm lying but doesn't change the fact.
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by Abizzye(m): 11:39am On May 18, 2023
Femi8586:

Remove crypto from it. Crypto is not a scam. Some few who engage in scamming people through it doesn't mean the business is a scam.
In fact, crypto has blessed my life with upto 14million naira through Arbitrum and Sui airdrop this year with less than #100k I used in farming the airdrop.

It may sound unbelievable to you as usual so you will assume I'm lying but doesn't change the fact.

Boss, good morning. Abeg, help your boy with anything. Life hard. I never even chop since morning. Anything will definitely be appreciated.
Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by DaTruths: 11:48am On May 18, 2023
GeneralPula:
Betting go ruin football if care isn’t taken..

It has already ruined it.

Anytime my game cut.. even if Chelsea dey win, e no dey even sweet me for body.

1 Like

Re: Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules by iPopAlomo(m): 1:34pm On May 18, 2023
RentedReality:

You'll just open your mouth wa!!!!

If he was betting on himself and his club... That's a permanent ban...

He was betting on football matches outside of the premier League... Ethically, as a professional footballer, he can't bet... That's why he got 8 months.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal Celebrates Nigeria’s 59th Independence In Pidgin / Keshi Wants Amokachi Sacked / AFCON Final: Why I’m Happy Nigeria Lost – Ghanaian Rapper Black Sherif

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.