Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Nothing Is Worth Celebrating About Nigeria. We Should Be Mourning For Her. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nothing Is Worth Celebrating About Nigeria. We Should Be Mourning For Her. (1165 Views)

Jonathan Declares 3-Days Of National-Mourning For Mandela / Mimiko Declares 7-Days Of Mourning For Agagu / Jonathan Declares Three Days National Mourning For Plane Crash Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nothing Is Worth Celebrating About Nigeria. We Should Be Mourning For Her. by Justcash(m): 5:24am On Sep 27, 2011
As the Nigerian independence day approach, we need to really reflect about what we should be doing to mark that day.

As for me,

There is no Security
There is lack of political will
There is no efficient medical facility
There is dearth in the transport sector
Quality education is non-existent- Schools are now breeding grounds for murderers, Rapists, Corruption etc
Simple roads cannot be built and properly maintained
There is no efficient electricity supply
There is consistent rise of militant groups
There is rise in the rate of unnecessary deaths
There is an increase in ethnic bigotry
There is lack of respect for Nigerians that are home and abroad by the Nigerian government
There is lack of good drinking water in MOST parts of Nigeria
Millions of Nigerians are homeless and more are still being made homeless without compensation
There is a very high rate of unemployment in Nigeria

The list in endless.

Instead of celebrating, the Nigerian government officials should hide their heads in Shame and Nigerians should mourn their existence in Nigeria. It is indeed sad.
If you have a reason why you think Nigeria is worth celebrating, please don't hesitate to outline them. I am looking for a reason to consider celebrating Nigeria.
Re: Nothing Is Worth Celebrating About Nigeria. We Should Be Mourning For Her. by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2011
Yes you are right.but still let's be happy and glad for nigeria.there are many country out there who have been facing a greater challenge and disaster than our dear country nigeria.look at libya,niger.look at the rate of crime in south africa.tsunami , earthquake ,famine,wars.and flood to mention few in the country around us.so my dear let's be thankfull and greatfull to God.
NIGERIA GREAT PEOPLE,GREAT NATION,BAD LEADERS
Re: Nothing Is Worth Celebrating About Nigeria. We Should Be Mourning For Her. by blacksta(m): 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2011
Ode

It is because you dont have the right connections - If you know the right people all you listed wont be a worry.
Re: Nothing Is Worth Celebrating About Nigeria. We Should Be Mourning For Her. by buzugee(m): 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2011
hmmm sounds like sour grapes to me. i bet if you make a coupla million pounds you will change your tune. i can assure you that 99 percent of the nigerians abroad if given a ccoupla million pounds will be on the next thing smoking back to nigeria.
Re: Nothing Is Worth Celebrating About Nigeria. We Should Be Mourning For Her. by bknight: 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2011
if anyone knows to himself that he has not contributed in any way to the progress of this nation must first mourn for himself! Nigerians are working, its easy to idle talk and criticize but many just sit and blab -no water, no light, no this no that and themselves are bunch of lazy, not-good-for-Nigeria lots embarassed
cheap talkers

(1) (Reply)

Words Of Wisdom / Yuguda Appoints 1070 Aides / Nigerian Girl Denies Wounding Then Murdering Her 'rapist'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.