Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,868 members, 7,866,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:29 PM

Urgently Need A Honest Advice- Us Travels - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgently Need A Honest Advice- Us Travels (360 Views)

Swiss Woman, Nwanyiocha Travels To Anambra, Shares Her Experience. Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Need A Honest Advice- Us Travels by thupsie(m): 10:27pm On May 17, 2023
Dear Nairalander,
I'm in a difficult situation and am unsure of what to do. I need to talk to someone about this. In order to give birth, my wife and I traveled to the US in 2016, after which I returned to Nigeria to continue working. Fast forward to 2019 when I lost my job.. my wife and I sought for visas and were denied. I advised her to wait since we could have been penalized for not saying we wanted to have the baby in the US. She received a work visa for the UK in July 2022. Two months later, she returned to Nigeria for a US interview. Apparently, she had reapplied, and fortunately, they had awarded her and my daughter visas.
I've been considering a number of options on how to approach my application;
1. Should I include in my application that I'm heading to California for a vacation and holiday even if my wife and two children are currently there?
2. Or I could select a different state entirely.
3. What should I say if the consulate asks where my wife and child are?
4. Should I just be honest with them?
I would appreciate it if someone could advise me on what to do. sad sad sad sad

Thank you
Re: Urgently Need A Honest Advice- Us Travels by horlahsunbo225(m): 1:56am On May 18, 2023
thupsie:
Dear Nairalander,
I'm in a difficult situation and am unsure of what to do. I need to talk to someone about this. In order to give birth, my wife and I traveled to the US in 2016, after which I returned to Nigeria to continue working. Fast forward to 2019 when I lost my job.. my wife and I sought for visas and were denied. I advised her to wait since we could have been penalized for not saying we wanted to have the baby in the US. She received a work visa for the UK in July 2022. Two months later, she returned to Nigeria for a US interview. Apparently, she had reapplied, and fortunately, they had awarded her and my daughter visas.
I've been considering a number of options on how to approach my application;
1. Should I include in my application that I'm heading to California for a vacation and holiday even if my wife and two children are currently there?
2. Or I could select a different state entirely.
3. What should I say if the consulate asks where my wife and child are?
4. Should I just be honest with them?
I would appreciate it if someone could advise me on what to do. sad sad sad sad

Thank you08028112464
Your best bet is to go to UK first cos that will redeem your image of giving birth in 🇺🇸 without mentioning it earlier.
For your 🇺🇸 application, going to see your wife and daughter will make sense
Re: Urgently Need A Honest Advice- Us Travels by Derring: 8:12pm On May 18, 2023
Is your wife a green card holder?

(1) (Reply)

/ All You Need To Know About Croatia Digital Nomad Visa / I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.