Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged (14216 Views)

US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US / Esther Agbaje Wins Minnesota - US State Assembly Seat (Photo) / California Becomes First US State To Legally Recognize A Third Gender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by Bfly: 11:04am On May 18, 2023
The way human stupidity ensue social app ia beyond imagination.
Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by Blackdisciple(m): 11:11am On May 18, 2023
Tiktok kills
Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by zolajpower: 11:34am On May 18, 2023
LikeAking:
Americans just dey jealous..

The Chinese write better algo.

Their government you mean?? But the citizens they re the most populated on TikTok
Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by MrTuns: 11:50am On May 18, 2023
You are the one that needs to read properly before typing
Chidyka:
Note- they did not ban citizens from using the app, only people who hold top Government offices, i.e Government officials. Before people wey dey read back of phone go come here come type nonsense.
Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by Floxyijeoma(f): 11:52am On May 18, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
VPN go sale wela
Hala me 4 a life time
Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by Floxyijeoma(f): 11:53am On May 18, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
VPN go sale wela
081050033220/09033989350
Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by johnaruson(m): 12:01pm On May 18, 2023
Monopoly is a crime against humanity
Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by obedience4(m): 12:03pm On May 18, 2023
Originalsly:

Is Tik tok owned by the Chinese Government? The US wants US citizens to have part ownership or complete ownership of Tik tok for I to freely operate in the US. Is this selfishness?... or covetousness? US exports beef to many countries.... try traveling to the US with beef in any form ... cooked or uncooked ... should they find it ... it shall be confiscated. What would youncall this? Stop swallowing propaganda and being brainwashed.
this is the reason why i dont like commenting on topics, because i get bombarded with childish clowns, are u new on earth?dont u know that all china company are mandated by law to report to the chinnese govt. And that the communist party controls are aspect of tec in china. Go and google the owner of bytedance owners of tickok is a formal communist party offical. The usa only said that data of usa citizens should be stored in the usa and if tiktok cant do that they should sale its operation to a usa company..

1 Like

Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by Moyosore232(m): 12:03pm On May 18, 2023
Chidyka:
Note- they did not ban citizens from using the app, only people who hold top Government offices, i.e Government officials. Before people wey dey read back of phone go come here come type nonsense.
try reading it again sir.
Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by sprints1: 12:06pm On May 18, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

If FG ban tiktok, 99.9% Nigerian girls will commit suicide. This is because their olosho and hookup life depends on that tiktok. More reasons why they twerk away their senses.
my brother fear them. Na why I dey run commot from any babe wey dey do cake abi dey go celestial church abi they sell cream or soap. Becos all of dem na olosho work dem dey do. Dem full tiktok like tomorrow no dey. Make dem go join onlyfans na or loyalfans or sextpanther or paetron. Dem just dey waste their time on 5k 2k wey dem dey get for tiktok. Well e be like say monetisation for tiktok dey too. That onlyfans if I be woman I for don blow. Some naija babes dey make 20k USD per month oo.
Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by Upworkwriter007(f): 12:16pm On May 18, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

This one is out to defend tiktok just as the average Nigerian girl who twerk away her senses on tiktok.
How does this even make sense? You're just an empty head that can't argue logically.

1 Like

Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by Saidfx(m): 12:40pm On May 18, 2023
AntiChristian:
I support the ban!

I have seen many useless wives/Singles post nonsense there!

I have seen many evil there!

The Americans don't care about these reasons, they are more concerned of espionage from the Chinese.
Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by Gattuzo05: 12:58pm On May 18, 2023
Hello boss, I'm sure you haven't said this statement of yours outside your confinement, if you do, try and have a change of thought. Tik Tok has the best algorithm of all modern day app and that's why I'm taking my time out to educate rather result to insults which is the backbone of nairalanders. Aside america, is there any country (ies) that you know that is pushing for its ban? None. Why ? Because TT is programmed to work according to your likes and wishes. How? Before you click a love πŸ’• icon which means like on TT, have a rethink because immediately you like such topic,it will always direct you to similar are near like minded topic always. You have been clicking on all those girls showing nyansh videos and that's why it keep popping on your screen, hence, you have the thought that all TT has to offer is nonsense. If you are a lover of adventure, educative topics, travels and human psychology, you will know that TT is the app for the future. Next time you are scrolling on TT and you see a nonsense and not educating topic, just pass by and don't like nor share, hence you are telling TT that this is what you want. Stop sharing under stupid topics, don't comment under stupid posts, and don't like awkward topics

Sonnobax15:
undecided
Good.....I no know what benefits wey tiktok don bring to guyman life apart from those small small bannies wey dey shake their small small nyash upandan sad. I pray such a law is brought down here angry

1 Like

Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by Staphylococcus: 1:21pm On May 18, 2023
Raymondfayowole:
How about the right to keep and bear arms...When will they look into that

When some countries are abolishing or trying to abolish law, you are talking of enacting.

Nigerias case will be worst than the US.
Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by bizhop01: 4:38pm On May 18, 2023
Nonsense, The same way Facebook, Watsapp and Instagram taking users information to Washington DC

1 Like

Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by chukdy(m): 7:34pm On May 18, 2023
Bunch of hypocrisy, they never want truth to be reveal about them but the world is now knowing what they have been hiding.
HonNL:

SOURCE

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7653466/montana-passes-bill-blocking-tiktok#122521424
Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by mikeybrainy: 9:41pm On May 18, 2023
πŸ™ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜žπŸŽˆπŸ™‚πŸ€²πŸ€²πŸ’―πŸ€²πŸ’―πŸš€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ₯²πŸ˜…πŸ’₯πŸ€¦πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈπŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ€¦πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€ͺ🀬🀯πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜ πŸ˜œπŸ˜°πŸ˜“πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜±πŸ˜”πŸ˜±

I’m just trying to see if these emojis are Allowed on nI
Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by Espelbengz(m): 11:21pm On May 18, 2023
If this had happened in Nigeria... Sheeeeeet! Some folks would have been screaming of infringement of freedom of speech and expression, shebi una almighty slave masters amelika don do amπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Africans and slave mentality πŸ’―
Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by Originalsly: 12:34am On May 19, 2023
obedience4:

The usa only said that data of usa citizens should be stored in the usa and if tiktok cant do that they should sale its operation to a usa company..

Why not say all data of US citizens must be stored in the USA period? Why talk about selling to a US company? If it is sold to a US company does it mean the data will be stored in the US? Corporate America does not like competition.... Tik tok got too big for their liking ... and out of their control. ... Tik tok needs to be cut down to size. Wasn't it the same with Toyota? Wasn't it the same with Huawei? Wasn't it the same with Iraq? Isn't it the same with Putin? It is about control .
Re: Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged by EliamHugh: 1:03pm On May 19, 2023
The issue of government overreach versus the use of virtual private networks (VPNs) in circumventing bans is a complex one. Opponents argue that banning certain activities infringes upon individual freedom and privacy rights. They contend that VPNs provide a legitimate means for individuals to protect their online privacy and access content freely. On the other hand, Montana state officials argue that the use of geofencing technology in online sports gambling apps helps enforce state laws chat gpt to write essay where online gambling is illegal. Geofencing restricts access to these apps based on the user's location, aiming to prevent unauthorized usage. Ultimately, finding a balance between individual freedoms, privacy concerns, and enforcing state laws can be challenging. It requires careful consideration and dialogue to address the concerns raised by both opponents and state officials.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

France issues Maximum Security Alert Amid Imminent (terrorist) attack / Donald Trump Freaks Out On Twitter After Obama Wins Election / Children Kidnapped,Chained, & Trained To Become Suicide Bombers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.