Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer (19573 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Shares Picture Of Armored Tank After Police Seized Guns From IPOB / Cross River Groups Reject Executive Order On Gun Licence And Even Warn Buhari / Secret Behind Buhari’s Executive Order Withdrawing Gun Licence From Nigerians – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by bennybuhari: 6:48am On May 18, 2023
Counsel for embattled Afrobeat musician, Seun Kuti, Mr Olumide Adeyinka-Fusika (SAN), has said he is unaware that the police have seized his client’s gun licence.

The told our correspondent that he saw no link between his client case of assaulting a policeman and a gun licence.

An impeccable source told our correspondent that policemen seized the gun licence during a search of the musician’s house in Ikeja on Tuesday.

The officers that searched Seun Kuti’s home on Tuesday only found a gun licence, and they seized it. I can confirm that the command is currently working on revoking the licence,” the source said.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, however, did not respond to inquiries by our correspondent concerning the incident as of press time, despite phone calls and text messages to his telephone line on Wednesday.

When contacted, Seun Kuti’s lawyer, Olumide-Fusika said, “Regrettably, I’m not aware of this. However, a licence is not a gun. A gun license is a mere piece of paper authorising the bearer or licence to own and have possession of a specified piece of arm (gun).

“Besides, what’s the connection between the allegation of slapping a policeman and police seizure of his gun licence?”

https://punchng.com/im-unaware-police-seized-seun-kutis-gun-licence-lawyer/?amp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by hisexcellency34: 6:52am On May 18, 2023
Why give a licence to such an irrational, bad-tempered boy? He almost shot a man few months ago after argument over parking space

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by illicit(m): 6:55am On May 18, 2023
What dem want

shocked
Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by incandescentena: 6:59am On May 18, 2023
Npf sef

3 Likes

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by KashApp: 7:01am On May 18, 2023
If Police could lie that the victim is in coma for just a slap, then no normal person should take them serious.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by ShenTeh(m): 7:05am On May 18, 2023
KashApp:
If Police could lie that the victim is in coma for just a slap, then no normal person should take them serious.

No be Nigeria Police, them go latter ruin their own case.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by inoki247: 7:17am On May 18, 2023
In everything you're going through jus avoid Nigeria Police wahala bkuz wen the shiit start person power no dey carry m....

5 Likes

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by zoedew: 7:20am On May 18, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Why give a licence to such an irrational, bad-tempered boy? He almost shot a man few months ago after argument over parking space
At 40 he is not a boy but a man. A very present danger to a sane society. His persona exudes the violent, irrational and insane. The police was right to restrain him in handcuffs given his violent antecedents.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by southsouthking(m): 7:21am On May 18, 2023
Was it not the same police that issued the license in the first place?
Let's not beat about the bush, there's are test individual have to undergo before owing a fire arm which include psyche evaluation, if Seun kuti did not pass those test, how come he owes a licensed fire arm?
Let's start asking these questions because it's now obvious we have lots of crazy people out there who owes fire arms all because they have influence and money. And with their influence and money they by-pass due process just the same way lots of contraband by-pass custom check up because of one 'Oga at the top'. The Nigeria Police Force might end up shooting themselves in the leg on this case because the way they are going many questions will start popping up and they will close the case.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by Abfinest007(m): 7:52am On May 18, 2023
People like seen shouldn't have gun bcuz of eir hot temper

9 Likes

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by ebexofficial: 7:54am On May 18, 2023
The boy don small for town
Enjoy your papa glory in peace, you no gree
Dey claim, watin you don achieve on your own sef?
These rich kids sef

15 Likes

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by ebexofficial: 7:56am On May 18, 2023
You don make yourself small for Town
All eyes on him henceforth
Not as a celebrity but as a taut

4 Likes

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by godofuck231: 7:59am On May 18, 2023
Who ever took that video should prepare for the better part of evil to come , em go trend walahi

4 Likes

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by citygarden(m): 8:26am On May 18, 2023
The Nigeria police go extra mile to kill their own case, this is non professionals for them. What correspond between assaulting police officer to go and search someone house. Did he slap the officer in his house? Even the courts will later see how desperate the police is to rope him.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by money121(m): 8:58am On May 18, 2023
Ok
Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by Chidyka: 8:58am On May 18, 2023
angry
Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by Keret: 8:58am On May 18, 2023
undecided
Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by PlayerMeji: 8:58am On May 18, 2023
The relationship between owing a gun license and slapping a policeman is because it was the policeMan that issued the license to you in the first place, duh!

1 Like

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by Lovenorth: 8:59am On May 18, 2023
No animal should own licence

1 Like

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by yomalex(m): 9:00am On May 18, 2023
Hmm

1 Like

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by D4donnn: 9:02am On May 18, 2023
hisexcellency34:

You just be noise maker na because of people like you them suppose put age restriction for this site and make data expensive grin, if you know say this rubbish when you type go cost you 50k you for no try am , osimwin

8 Likes

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by CHIOMAEZEH: 9:03am On May 18, 2023
Gun?
Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by TechBaron: 9:03am On May 18, 2023
Media business is a very good business..

There's always something to talk about.

And the media will stretch and stretch a matter beyond it's relevance.

We'll soon forget about Hilda, Seun Kuti and start taking about PE. Tinubu and the senate Presidency....

What again?

There will always be something trending.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by Lukuluku69(m): 9:06am On May 18, 2023
1G2G3G4G5G:
What does he really need gun for?

If you know just 10% of the Bull jive that happen officially and unofficially in Nigeria, you will forever remain humbled and gentle if you don't have Money, Connections. That is why I just laugh at young people who never understand how Nigeria works.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by Ezemarcel(m): 9:06am On May 18, 2023
May he rot in prison
Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by Iseoluwani: 9:07am On May 18, 2023
Because he has money , they gave him license to have a specified gun

Can a poor man have license to gun
Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by Karemarealty288(m): 9:08am On May 18, 2023
That's the consequences of his action....he should be taken for mental evaluation and the gun collected from him. As a Seun fan, I was pissed off when I heard that he was the person who even bashed the police officer's vehicle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer by superCleanworks(m): 9:09am On May 18, 2023
VawuIenceProMax:
I need to shoot feminist on site . Once I see Siofra, na to shoot her toto straight . No time 😡

Who offended you? 😁

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christianity Is A Religion Of Love, We'll Lead With Fear Of God - Oluremi Tinubu / Residents Scoop Fuel As Tanker Crashes Along Lagos-ibadan Road. Photos / Ikpeazu: Appeal Court Rebukes Abang, Says He "Raped Democracy"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.