Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

"Tapa" Tribe Does Not Exist In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Tapa" Tribe Does Not Exist In Nigeria (735 Views)

Sunday Igboho Storms Tapa Town As He Reveals That Some Kings Are Supporting The / Who Are The Tapa Tribe In Nigeria? / I Killed An Inland Taipan In My Factory.. Taipan Really Exist In Nigeria.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Tapa" Tribe Does Not Exist In Nigeria by donbrowser(m): 7:11pm On May 18, 2023
"Tapa people do not exist"

Not until recently, I often think Tapa is a tribe or language

Unfortunately the word "Tapa" is actually very offensive.

Come with me

Nupe is actually a tribe and language in the middlebelt of Nigeria

Nupe people are often classified as Yoruba people which I believe they are to a very large extent

But they have been totally marginalized and out casted from the Yorùbá tribe.

Such that the same Yorùbá people call them "Tapa".

Where does the word "Tapa" originate from?

There's actually a dance in Nupe land called "Takpa Takpa".

The dance looks really funny to the Yorùbás hence they categorize and name the Nupes after the dance.

This misconception has been passed from generations to generations

But surprisingly the Nupes don't get upset and will gladly respond if you regard them as Tapa.

I never knew they've only been smiling at our ignorance.

God bless every Nupe people reading this.

Re: "Tapa" Tribe Does Not Exist In Nigeria by illicit(m): 10:19pm On May 18, 2023
Tapa Tapa

Eji no-no bambo
cheesy
Re: "Tapa" Tribe Does Not Exist In Nigeria by donbrowser(m): 2:24pm On May 19, 2023
illicit:
Tapa Tapa

Eji no-no bambo
cheesy

Lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

About Ahmed Tijani Anaje The New Ohinoyi Ebira / Check Out My Blog Here! / Help With Registration - Is It Broken?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.