Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Ope Banwo Gets Death Threat From Omo Getto Singer, Baba Nee And Dudkoko (dagrin) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ope Banwo Gets Death Threat From Omo Getto Singer, Baba Nee And Dudkoko (dagrin) (1015 Views)

See How Dagrin Fans Remembered Him Today / Omo Ghetto Cronner Baba Nee Rocks Nigerian Hair / Ope Banwo Receives Death Threat From Trybson Who Acted 'dagrin' In Ghetto Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ope Banwo Gets Death Threat From Omo Getto Singer, Baba Nee And Dudkoko (dagrin) by naijays: 11:04am On Sep 27, 2011
The relationship between Stingomania records and two of her Artistes; BABA Nee and Trybson Dudukoko have gone sour. The two artistes were signed to the label two years ago. Trybson popularly known for playing the role of DaGrin in Ghetto Dreamz, a movie produced by stingomania entertainment. And Baba Nee is famous for making the soundtrack of popular Yoruba movie, Omo Getto that has become a hit on the street.

Both Baba Nee and Dudukoko who are planning to quit Stingomania records have been accused of breach of contracts by their Label boss, Ope Banwo.

Ope Banwo also the producer of DaGrin biopic, Ghetto Dreamz announced this via his facebook page yesterday

"STINGOMNIA PUBLIC NOTICE ON BABA NEE AND TRYBSON: In addition to my PUBLIC CAVEAT EMPTOR THAT ALL MEDIA HOUSES (Radio stations, TV Stations, Promoters, Corporate bodies, etc) will be receiving in the next few days, I AM USING THIS PUBLIC MEDIUM TO PUT EVERYONE ON NOTICE that Stingomania Records has EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS BY CONTRACT to all the MUCIAL WORKS AND VIDEOS of BABA NEE AND TRYBSON and until thiis contractual dispute is resolved, WE ARE WITHDRAWING ALL CONSENTS TO ANYBODY TO UTILIZE THEIR WORKS OR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM. We will vigourosly challenge any entity that plays their music or video or engages them in any public performance until the end of their contract with Stingomania in 2014 without the express consent from Stingomania. ALL PREVIOUS CONSENTS GIVEN TO RADIO STATIONS, TV STATIONS, MARKETERS ETC to play the works of these TWO artistes is hereby SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, All members of the public delaing with their works do so at their own risk of appropriae legal actions. Baba nee and Trybson have no assets to REPAY OUR INVESTMENTS ON THEM but we will be happy to collect our money from any organization or entity that violates our copyright interests in these boys. We will be actively monitoring all promotions and concerts. LET THE BUYER BEWARE'

Ope Banwo who claimed they've sold the rights to their music outright for 5 years to Stingomania records responded on whta caused the disputes between the Artistes and the label

"All Public have witnessed Stingomania's work and promotion on their behalf in the last 2yrs for which we have NOT HAD ANY RETIRNS (Omo Ghetto Soundtrack, Ghetto Dreamz, Music videos, productions, publicity, tireless promotions etc) and now they just said becos I have not spent enough money on them in the last 3 months after spending over N12M on just the two of them they started libelling the company and said they are walking away without so much as a 'THANK YOU' for our efforts. IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. Unfortunately for them, I am not the kind of guy who will work away becos of the possible adverse publicity or distraction this will cause. I BELEIVE IN FIGHTING FOR WHATS RIGHT. This is NO LONGER ABOUT MONEY BUT ABOUT THE DIRECTION OF OUR ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY. THIS RECURRENT MESS HAS TO BE STOPPED ONCE AND FOR ALL.The two guys do not have money to pay me back my investment in them but I know the media, tv, radio or corporate bodies do. So I will go after those who violate my assigned copyrights."

Early this morning, he also claimed he has received death threats from a friend of Baba Nee.

"DEATH THREATS BY FRANK NERO (one of BABA NEE’s friends) - Since my company issued a CAVEAT EMPTOR against Baba Nee and Trybson Dudukko yesterday for violating the terms of their contracts with Stingomania Entertainment, several of Baba Nee’s fans have issued death threats to me with one of them, FRANK NERO, even having the guts to threaten to kill me and my family. While I will file appropriate complaints with the police and the law will take its course on FRANK NERO and others like him, I continue to assure these two budding Artistes, BABA NEE AND TRYBSON and any other Artiste that cares to join them, that NO AMOUNT OF INTIMIDATION, THREAT OR RIDICULE will make me walk away from this. THEY WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW as an example to other upcoming artistes so they will understand that you don’t beg someone to spend time and money on you, ejoy millions of naira in benefits, sign a contract with them and then just turn around to walk away at any time it suits you after getting benefits. PEOPLE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS BUSINESS. A CONTRACT IS A CONTRACT and this time around we will take a stand against it"

Trybson Dudukoko also took to facebook to respond to Ope Banwo's statement

"Hmmm, ope banwo has ordered Tv&Radio stations to stop playing my content and baba nee omo ghetto's content all because we av confronted him on his wrong doins.he signs female artists and sleeps with them, he signs male artist to make us perform at his frend's birthday parties and burial ceremonies, as for me,I did not sign to a label who cannot promote me properly,shoot good videos,and package me with good sense, he claims he has

Read full story here

http://www.jimmysonde.com/2011/09/this-is-serious-record-label-boss-ope.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Trouble In Storm 360 As Obi Asika And Olisa Adibua Part Ways / Meet The New Balogun Of Africa / MTO WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Beyonce Is Pregnant . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.