Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,280 members, 7,839,385 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti (997 Views)

Kwankwaso Mocks Obi At Chatham House: I Am A PhD Holder, Not A Trader / "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America / Two Men Exchange Heavy Blows While Arguing Over President Buhari (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by eddie7: 1:37pm On May 19, 2023
A COUNTRY THAT HAS COUNTLESS PhD HOLDER'S IS ARGUING ABOUT "AND" IN THE CONSTITUTION.

1. In seeking admission into a university, after scoring above 200, Universities tell applicants that YOU MUST GET AT LEAST 5 CREDIT SCORES TO GET ADMITTED. THESE CREDIT SCORES MUST BE IN AT LEAST 3 SUBJECTS RELATED TO YOUR INTENDED COURSE OF STUDY "AND" MATHEMATICS, ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

This simply implies that even if you get 8 A's in all other subjects but get a "grin" or "E" or "F" in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH LANGUAGE NO UNIVERSITY WILL ADMIT YOU.

BUT NIGERIANS ARE ARGUING

2. In an examination, if the instruction reads: ANSWER 3 QUESTIONS IN SECTION A "AND" THE QUESTION IN SECTION B.

If you answer all the 6 questions in section A, but do not answer THE QUESTION IN SECTION B (which carries 60% of the total marks), WILL YOU SCORE MORE THAN 40%...
IN THE EXAMINATION?

3. In your place of work, the MD gives a simple instruction:
FOR YOUR PROMOTIONS TO BE CONSIDERED, AT LEAST TWO-THIRDS OF THE NEW RECRUITS "AND" THE SECRETARY MUST BE PRESENT IN THE MEETING.

If ALL the recruits attend the meeting, but the secretary fails to attend, WILL ANYBODY'S PROMOTION BE CONSIDERED DURING THE MEETING?

More annoying in all these is that those arguing stupidly are the "EDUCATED" Nigerians because of their innate selfish desires.

#C O P I E D

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by leroi01(m): 2:29pm On May 19, 2023
Very sad situation.

6 Likes

Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by SwissMass: 2:51pm On May 19, 2023
Quite unintelligent examples, mathematics, English and others are subjects, jamb, Waec and Neco are examinations.

In an exam all questions are called questions no interview or any other form of assessment is placed in the questions, it done separately.

In a place of work in which secretary refused to attend, the secretary will be queried and improvisor will be made to stand in , all those analogy are quite different from the 25% of 36 states of Nigeria and the FCT, FCT is not a state in Nigeria but was given a status of a state in an election, no vote in any place is superior to another.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by eddie7: 3:10pm On May 19, 2023
and a friend of mine replied me as forwarded below

[b]Maths and English are subjects, so removing English and Maths out of the 5 Credits means these two subjects are compulsory.
However, 36 States and FCT, the "and" here is different, it is not because FCT is compulsory like the 3 Credits with Maths and English, because unlike Maths and English which are subjects, FCT is not a State, if it were a State like the others it will be 2/3 of 37 not 36 and FCT.
When they ask you in an exam, how many States does Nigeria have?
What is your answer? If you say 36 or 37? Why then do you say 36 states and FCT, yet you argue that FCT is not a State?
By constitution it is not created as a 37th State, but in operation by Section 299 it is a State, simple, all the laws and accruals apply.
I know that this argument is just academic, but even though I'm not a betting man, I can bet money that this is how the Courts will rule.
Have a great weekend.
*N.B* Educational Intelligence and wisdom are not the same, our Igbo brothers in SE have proved this point over and over again. Common Sense is not common!!
[/b]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by Flick490(m): 3:12pm On May 19, 2023
SwissMass:
Quite unintelligent examples, mathematics, English and others are subjects, jamb, Waec and Neco are examinations.

In an exam all questions are called questions no interview or any other form of assessment is placed in the questions, it done separately.

In a place of work in which secretary refused to attend, the secretary will be queried and improvisor will be made to stand in , all those analogy are quite different from the 25% of 36 states of Nigeria and the FCT, FCT is not a state in Nigeria but was given a status of a state in an election, no vote in any place is superior to another.

Yours is even more unintelligent

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by SwissMass: 3:16pm On May 19, 2023
Flick490:

Yours is even more unintelligent
Explain, at least I made explanation of reasoning, but you just jump in.
Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by Jostoman: 5:03pm On May 19, 2023
SwissMass:

you are one of those people the OP is referring to. E go clear for Una eyes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by SwissMass: 6:12pm On May 19, 2023
Jostoman:
you are one of those people the OP is referring to. E go clear for Una eyes
Avoid emotional sentiment and bickering, be logical and reasonable, I made comment with reasons but all you do is blabbering rambling rooster

1 Like

Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by Throwback: 6:18pm On May 19, 2023
eddie7:

[b]Maths and English are subjects, so removing English and Maths out of the 5 Credits means these two subjects are compulsory.
However, 36 States and FCT, the "and" here is different, it is not because FCT is compulsory like the 3 Credits with Maths and English, because unlike Maths and English which are subjects, FCT is not a State, if it were a State like the others it will be 2/3 of 37 not 36 and FCT.
What is your answer? If you say 36 or 37? Why then do you say 36 states and FCT, yet you argue that FCT is not a State?
By constitution it is not created as a 37th State, but in operation by Section 299 it is a State, simple, all the laws and accruals apply.
I know that this argument is just academic, but even though I'm not a betting man, I can bet money that this is how the Courts will rule.
Have a great weekend.
*N.B* Educational Intelligence and wisdom are not the same, our Igbo brothers in SE have proved this point over and over again. Common Sense is not common!!
[/b]

This is the valid argument.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by demmie1: 6:50pm On May 19, 2023
Although selfish desires is one of the reasons they argue about the constitution, but the major reason is that the constitution was secretly written without the input and consent of Nigerians and was forcibly imposed.
How can PHD understand it when it was written by half illiterate military
Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by Great0ne1: 9:08pm On May 19, 2023
SwissMass:

Mumu !! The constitution then said and fct. How can you argue like a fool ?

3 Likes

Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by AntiTerrorist: 9:24pm On May 19, 2023
SwissMass:
Explain, at least I made explanation of reasoning, but you just jump in.
The use of and is mathematically an independent event. In Logical Reasoning and in English rule of concord we call it conjunction and in set theory we call it intersection. And means the two or more connected substatements must be true before the who statement can be true. And is compulsory not optional. And is different from or. Or is optional.

1 Like

Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by Sannisege: 9:41pm On May 19, 2023
eddie7:

Have a great weekend.
[/b]

this is a very brilliant submission. Kudos
Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by SwissMass: 10:22pm On May 19, 2023
Great0ne1:

Mumu !! The constitution then said and fct. How can you argue like a fool ?
You always show your parental deficiencies and lack of home training, stop talking to people the way you talk to your mother.

1 Like

Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by SwissMass: 10:32pm On May 19, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
The use of and is mathematically an independent event. In Logical Reasoning and in English rule of concord we call it conjunction and in set theory we call it intersection. And means the two or more connected substatements must be true before the who statement can be true. And is compulsory not optional. And is different from or. Or is optional.
This is not mathematics, logic gates or English, subjecting Nigeria law of this is quite mischievous and shallow, are you saying if "or" is included that means having 25% of votes cast in FCT but lost in other states makes someone a president, shun emotional sentiment, the use of and in that condition is just for inclusion, so as not to leave them behind, FCT is never a state, saying 37 states in the constitution will amount to stupidity, this is Nigerian' law, not mathematics, not logical operators or literally English where words are verbatim.
Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by Great0ne1: 6:52am On May 20, 2023
SwissMass:
You always show your parental deficiencies and lack of home training, stop talking to people the way you talk to your mother.
If you act like an idiot, i will not hesitate to call you an idiot. Like father like son
Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by SwissMass: 7:06am On May 20, 2023
Great0ne1:

If you act like an idiot, i will not hesitate to call you an idiot. Like father like son
Hehehehehehehehehe you are still showing who your mother is
Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by AntiTerrorist: 1:06pm On May 20, 2023
SwissMass:
This is not mathematics, logic gates or English, subjecting Nigeria law of this is quite mischievous and shallow, are you saying if "or" is included that means having 25% of votes cast in FCT but lost in other states makes someone a president, shun emotional sentiment, the use of and in that condition is just for inclusion, so as not to leave them behind, FCT is never a state, saying 37 states in the constitution will amount to stupidity, this is Nigerian' law, not mathematics, not logical operators or literally English where words are verbatim.
What is law without mathematics, english language and logic? You don't know what you are saying. How old are you self? So many kids on Nairaland.
Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by SwissMass: 1:33pm On May 20, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
What is law without mathematics, english language and logic? You don't know what you are saying. How old are you self? So many kids on Nairaland.
You are bickering and blabbering again, shows how limited you are in comprehension, you prefer personal attack than acquiring knowledge.
Re: Country That Has Countless Phd Holder's Is Arguing About "And" In The Constituti by AntiTerrorist: 3:21pm On May 20, 2023
SwissMass:
You are bickering and blabbering again, shows how limited you are in comprehension, you prefer personal attack than acquiring knowledge.
That's not a personal attack young man. How can you separate mathematics, english language and logic from law? How does that sounds to you? You Agbadorians are something else.

(1) (Reply)

Ajaero Doing Peter Obi's Bidding, NLC Strike Is Politically Motivated- Afegbua / Tinubu Has Been Impressive But Justice Must Prevail / Asari Dokubo’s Bombshell: My Men Employed By FG In Charge Of Abuja-kaduna Securi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.