Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row (29234 Views)

The Year Of Cups: At Least 15 Nigerian Footballers Have Won Titles In 2022 / Lionel Messi Has Won His 8th Pichichi, 5th In A Row To Surpass Di StefΓ‘no & Hugo / Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by AImiron: 1:05pm On May 21, 2023
simfrost90210:
grin lemme console myself sha,
.., say Arsenal dey the list, at least..

Huddersfield
Arsenal FCπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘
Liverpool
Manchester Utd
Manchester City

But in this 21st century..
To Manchester City, A Huge Congratulations!!!
City could have done 5 in a row, if not for Liverpool. We are winning again next season
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by NzogbuNzogbu: 1:11pm On May 21, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

Fergie had no competition during his era bar Arsenal... His league victories were far easier than now...Smaller clubs had tight budgets they could spend from, unlike now, with a high influx of foreign investment, even the smaller clubs compete favorably in the transfer market...Only Man UTD, Arsenal, and Liverpool had the financial muscle...

'Academy players'....Lol... Remind me how much Ferdinand, Vidic, Anderson, Saha, Evra, Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov,... Cost

Oga rest!!!
arsenal, Mourinho what do you mean no competition?

Fergie spent money from the traditional investment his wins brought, not oil money breaking fair play
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by NACE13: 1:40pm On May 21, 2023
Jahwinaboy:
I get your point but seriously, PEP is the wizard of modern football. Any league he goes to, na demolition of that league. If he can conquer England as he has done, then football world don enter one chance grin. Let's enjoy the moment. City all the way....

At the moment, who can match Pep in England.....and a greater part of Europe or even the World? I love the guy's style of football but frankly, e don dey tire me, because it's just predictable that he'd always come out tops.

πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚Cheers, mate.
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by faaz24: 1:48pm On May 21, 2023
MuMuOnBail:
na wa ooo

Few months ago, I told some children here that by 10 matches we will see the Arsenals we use to know.

And they began to troll their ancestors thinking they were trolling me.

I want to ask them a very simple question.

"ARSENAL FANS HOW MARKET?"

Any youth below 40 years supporting Arsenals should be arrested for attempting suicide.

I saw an Arsenals fan who is within the age range of 18-21years already having a bard-head at his young age.

SMH.

Bard-head?? grin

So what age are you that you cannot spell Baldhead correctly.
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by Jahwinaboy(m): 2:33pm On May 21, 2023
NACE13:

At the moment, who can match Pep in England.....and a greater part of Europe or even the World? I love the guy's style of football but frankly, e don dey tire me, because it's just predictable that he'd always come out tops.

πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚Cheers, mate.
Cheers 🍻 boss
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by BeauBragnar11: 2:34pm On May 21, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
arsenal, Mourinho what do you mean no competition?

[b]Fergie spent money from the traditional investment his wins brought, [/b]not oil money breaking fair play

Mourinho came in 2004, Fergie a treble pre 2004, that was the bane of my argument, After smaller clubs began to get Foreign direct investments(e.g Chelsea) How many trebles had Fergie?? Just ONE!!!!

Lol, @ the bolded, So he spends money?? So what were you yapping about earlier about him relying principally on organic academy players??

grin grin grin
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by BeauBragnar11: 2:41pm On May 21, 2023
yomi531:
Guiameres, Wilson, Trippier, Botman, Pope , Willock and co that were bought with millions no be spendings abi or na Academy den come from. Lol

You must be high on drugs!!
Willock has been at Castle since 2021, Callum Wilson been there since 2020.

Oga getat abeg. angry
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by simfrost90210: 3:33pm On May 21, 2023
AImiron:
City could have done 5 in a row, if not for Liverpool. We are winning again next season

I hope you won't bash me as usual 😏
You be Man City fan, dey answer Newcastle player name.. wetin we go call that one?πŸ™„
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by AImiron: 3:36pm On May 21, 2023
simfrost90210:

I hope you won't bash me as usual 😏
You be Man City fan, dey answer Newcastle player name.. wetin we go call that one?πŸ™„
lol I won't bash you cos you no bash me. Is there a written rule for picking username? Ask yourself that question First. Good day
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by simfrost90210: 3:38pm On May 21, 2023
AImiron:
lol I won't bash you cos you no bash me. Is there a written rule for picking username? Ask yourself that question First. Good day

Just messing with you..
You've actually bashed me though but never mind, no rules for username picking sha
Good day 2u2..
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by yomi531(m): 3:39pm On May 21, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

You must be high on drugs!!
Willock has been at Castle since 2021, Callum Wilson been there since 2020.

Oga getat abeg. angry
Keep deceiving ur self. A team that has spent over 200 million pounds on signings since the Oil money arrived naim u dey claim say na super coach do am? Una too dey like claim wetin no dey . Why didnt Howe at least qualify his previous team to Europa league ? Why na for Oil money club him talent come dey show? All these managers perform better with huge warchest . Simple. If u give an average Coach a team with huge budget, he will perform. Sam Alladyce said it recently. He has done well with strugglers. If given an opportunity with a big club, why wouldnt he do well? Thats why we heard him say he was better than Pep and co. Na big clubs dey hide their nyash. Guys like Pep will struggle with Spurs, Lyon, Roma and the likes. I for reply ur yarbings with very personal insults but, I just came back from few weeks ban. That's ur saving grace kiddo
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by BeauBragnar11: 3:45pm On May 21, 2023
yomi531:
Keep deceiving ur self. A team that has spent over 200 million pounds on signings since the Oil money arrived naim u dey claim say na super coach do am? Una too dey like claim wetin no dey . Why didnt Howe at least qualify his previous team to Europa league ? Why na for Oil money club him talent come dey show? U spoke of players like Wilson that came b4 him. Did they come on a cheap? Wasn't it the same Oil money that got players like that to Newcastle? I for reply ur yarbings with very personal insults but, I just came back from few weeks ban. That's ur saving grace kiddo

Oga STFU!!!

You mentioned these players'names, and I cleared your ignorance that they've been there before the Arab takeover, you still dey yarn nonsense.

And you claim say you sabi ball...shift!!
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by AImiron: 3:47pm On May 21, 2023
simfrost90210:

Just messing with you..
You've actually bashed me though but never mind, no rules for username picking sha
Good day 2u2..
no I didn't, I only reciprocate energy here on NL.
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by yomi531(m): 4:01pm On May 21, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

Oga STFU!!!

You mentioned these players'names, and I cleared your ignorance that they've been there before the Arab takeover, you still dey yarn nonsense.

And you claim say you sabi ball...shift!!
Is it a lie that they have spent over 200 million on players? U wan claim say na Coach technical know how do the magic. Big lies. Everyone knows na Oil money Improve Newcastle . U are trying to say Benitez wey win league with Valencia no good enough Naa. Small Howe naim come sabi coach pass am. Thats why Benitez relegate with dem but tactical Howe now qualified them for CL. Oga rest. Oil money did the wonders. I hate to brag but, if e sure for u for football matter, make dem set contest for us. First half of our contest, if u no fly window run, make I faint. I watched great men like Jean Pierre Papin, Jari litnamen, Van Basten, Romario and co. Make google search no give u fake hopes for my side oo. Stand Well bro!
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by simfrost90210: 4:09pm On May 21, 2023
AImiron:
no I didn't, I only reciprocate energy here on NL.

Oh Okay..
Please reciprocate mine on request..
It'll be much appreciated.. there're times ur energy reciprocation isn't needed and you give it.. Endeavour to reciprocate on request, Bro
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by chaseblack(m): 4:54pm On May 21, 2023
Dexy4yah:
Farmers league

The winner thrashed Spanish and UCL giants 4-nil. Guess champions league is farmers league too
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by Bimpe29: 5:24pm On May 21, 2023
Manchester United may not be the best but after the Red Devils you may look for the rest.

I come in peace as you are advised to argue with your keypad.
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by simongonner: 8:13pm On May 21, 2023
Dididrumz:
Congratulations to Manchester City.

I'm a Manchester United fan, but at some point in the season when I realized my team couldn't win the league, I was rooting for Arsenal to win the league because they worked for it and deserved it, but Arsenal disappoint.
yeah...arsenal mess up. Am supporting Man U In the FA cup final. All the best

1 Like

Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by Chidolalar: 8:31pm On May 21, 2023
yomi531:
If Pep leaves, city go still dey carry league . Other clubs are just sleeping a swear. Make Una no allow am look laisay na Pep dey do am. Oil money too good abeg. Newcastle were in relegation zone but, the moment Oil money enter, Wonders happened. Now they are going to the CL. Abeg make I hear word for Pep dis pep DAT...
He is very good no doubt but na money dey help am. Abi Una wan say Newcastle coach na genius too for qualifying dem to Cl next year? Baba na money be koko

Stop talking shit!
Man u wey don spend money pass man city since guardiola come england, why Dem no dey win trophy like man city?
Chelsea wey over spend dis season why Dem no dey win like man city?
Whether u or anybody likes it or not guardiola is d greatest coach ever
D same guardiola taught d overrated Ferguson a bitter lesson in two ucl finals by making Ferguson look like a learner
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by Chidolalar: 8:36pm On May 21, 2023
Jahwinaboy:
I get your point but seriously, PEP is the wizard of modern football. Any league he goes to, na demolition of that league. If he can conquer England as he has done, then football world don enter one chance grin. Let's enjoy the moment. City all the way....

Epl is d real Farmers league. 5 epl titles in 6 years. When pep was dominating la Liga u epl fanatics were saying he couldn't do it in epl now he has dominated epl like never seen before. Pep is d GOAT of coaches
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by yomi531(m): 9:15pm On May 21, 2023
Chidolalar:

Stop talking shit!
Man u wey don spend money pass man city since guardiola come england, why Dem no dey win trophy like man city?
Chelsea wey over spend dis season why Dem no dey win like man city?
Whether u or anybody likes it or not guardiola is d greatest coach ever
D same guardiola taught d overrated Ferguson a bitter lesson in two ucl finals by making Ferguson look like a learner
With over 1 billion spent on players? Dey play. Mourinho better pass am by far. How will u compare someone that carefully selects his team to real men that wins big with big and modest teams? Pep will surely flop in average teams like Roma, Spurs, Lazio , Lyon and the likes. My reason is , No huge war chest no results. Thats his Mantra. Fergie remains the greatest of all times. Pep can continue buying trophies for all I care. Fergie won lots of trophies with average Aberdeen and He took man u back to the summit for the first time in 26 years. He could have won more trophies but, he wasn't as obsessed with trophies the way Pep is. Thats why fergie rests players in matches like Uefa Super cup that Pep and his likes will want to win at all cost. Let Pep qualify a team like Roma that doesn't have huge money to throw around to finals of European Competition or top 4 for us to see his prowess. All his teams have been Champions within the time he came. Barca was the strongest force in Europe under Rijkaard b4 he took over. Bayern had just won the Treble in may b4 he took over in the summer. Not forgetting the Oil rich city side with their blank cheque at his beck and call. Omo, me sef go dey win Treble every year with all these clubs. Its so shameful that he needed 7 years in City to actually get this far..
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:16pm On May 21, 2023
Chidolalar:

Epl is d real Farmers league. 5 epl titles in 6 years. When pep was dominating la Liga u epl fanatics were saying he couldn't do it in epl now he has dominated epl like never seen before. Pep is d GOAT of coaches
Sorry boss, I am not EPL fanatic. I am actually happy for PEP whom EPL people were saying he couldn't do it if he comes to ENGLAND similar to how they say Messi can't do a thing outside Barca. I am a PEP fan from Barca days.
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by Chidolalar: 9:55pm On May 21, 2023
yomi531:
With over 1 billion spent on players? Dey play. Mourinho better pass am by far. How will u compare someone that carefully selects his team to real men that wins big with big and modest teams? Pep will surely flop in average teams like Roma, Spurs, Lazio , Lyon and the likes. My reason is , No huge war chest no results. Thats his Mantra. Fergie remains the greatest of all times. Pep can continue buying trophies for all I care. Fergie won lots of trophies with average Aberdeen and He took man u back to the summit for the first time in 26 years. He could have won more trophies but, he wasn't as obsessed with trophies the way Pep is. Thats why fergie rests players in matches like Uefa Super cup that Pep and his likes will want to win at all cost. Let Pep qualify a team like Roma that doesn't have huge money to throw around to finals of European Competition or top 4 for us to see his prowess. All his teams have been Champions within the time he came. Barca was the strongest force in Europe under Rijkaard b4 he took over. Bayern had just won the Treble in may b4 he took over in the summer. Not forgetting the Oil rich city side with their blank cheque at his beck and call. Omo, me sef go dey win Treble every year with all these clubs. Its so shameful that he needed 7 years in City to actually get this far..

U did not answer my question. U are just gibbering.
Why haven't man UTD won trophies like man city after spending more than man city since when pep took over in 2016?
Why is Chelsea not winning after spending d highest on transfer this season?
D same overrated Ferguson guardiola taught a bitter football lesson in two ucl finals?
D same overrated Ferguson who won only 2 ucl tittles in his 26 years as a man UTD coach after spending so much on transfer market when he was coaching man UTD?
D same overrated Ferguson who went trophyless in his first seven years as man UTD manager?
Pep met Barca in decline after Madrid has won two successive la Liga titles and he won d sextuple in his first season after selling out d likes of core rijkaard players like Ronaldinho, deco, etoo and build his own team by making Messi d main player and giving xavi and iniesta more playing time
Guardiola spent very little at Barca but won 14 trophies under 4 years. Something Ferguson and Mourinho put together can never do in their lifetime.
Guardiola is d GOAT in terms of coaching
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by Chimez21: 10:05pm On May 21, 2023
Reference:
Cut Arsenal some slack abeg.

A team with a manager of just two full seasons, the youngest squad in the Premiership and a budget that is fractions of the top clubs in Europe was not expected to wrestle the title from a City side with the deepest squad in Europe, arguably the best manager of this generation and an unlimited budget.

This is the reality of modern day sports. Its a business, an enterprise in which the biggest dog in the fight always wins.
I think the title of deepest squad goes to Barcelona. Hell, even Chelsea has a bigger first team squad even tho filled with seeming rubbish players. The gunners were undone by a reversion in the second half of the season to the mean performance of the previous 3 seasons. 9 points in 7 games is definitely not championship winning material.
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by Chidolalar: 12:13am On May 22, 2023
yomi531:

If Mourinho was dat good and great he wouldn't be coaching those mediocre teams u mentioned πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Am still waiting for your reply as to what I asked u
Pep is d best bcuz d best only attract elites teams
Defensive minded Mourinho got those mediocre teams bcuz he was sacked by those elite teams. But pep has never been sacked by any elites teams in his 14+ years coaching career. U now c d difference
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by Truthshscrazy: 12:30am On May 22, 2023
undecided
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by yomi531(m): 6:14am On May 22, 2023
Chidolalar:

If Mourinho was dat good and great he wouldn't be coaching those mediocre teams u mentioned πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Am still waiting for your reply as to what I asked u
Pep is d best bcuz d best only attract elites teams
Defensive minded Mourinho got those mediocre teams bcuz he was sacked by those elite teams. But pep has never been sacked by any elites teams in his 14+ years coaching career. U now c d difference
Let him prove people wrong by accepting jobs from not so rich clubs fess. Mou won CL with under dog Porto. I can bet my balls that Pep cannot win league with Lyon in France or Spurs in EPL. Who doesn't know he is a glory hunter?
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by Chidolalar: 8:10am On May 22, 2023
yomi531:
Let him prove people wrong by accepting jobs from not so rich clubs fess. Mou won CL with under dog Porto. I can bet my balls that Pep cannot win league with Lyon in France or Spurs in EPL. Who doesn't know he is a glory hunter?

Why are u evading from answering my question?
Why haven't man UTD won so many trophies like man city despite spending more than man city since when pep took over in 2016?
Why is Chelsea not winning like man city after spending d most on transfers this season?
I countered u with dis question bcuz your comment was emphasizing on discrediting pep dominance just bcuz he spends so much in transfer market.
Mourinho winning d ucl with Porto was just a fluke. And Porto was never an underdog team.
Why didn't Mourinho win d ucl with an all star Chelsea man UTD, real Madrid team after spending so much on transfers?
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by yomi531(m): 8:25am On May 22, 2023
Chidolalar:

Why are u evading from answering my question?
Why haven't man UTD won so many trophies like man city despite spending more than man city since when pep took over in 2016?
Why is Chelsea not winning like man city after spending d most on transfers this season?
I countered u with dis question bcuz your comment was emphasizing on discrediting pep dominance just bcuz he spends so much in transfer market.
Mourinho winning d ucl with Porto was just a fluke. And Porto was never an underdog team.
Why didn't Mourinho win d ucl with an all star Chelsea man UTD, real Madrid team after spending so much on transfers?
Pep has been around for 7 years and counting and while, Man u and Chelsea Change coach every other season. The stability of City and constant pumping of cash has made dem this strong. Pep should prove is mettle by doing greatly with bang average teams fess
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by Chidolalar: 8:53am On May 22, 2023
yomi531:
Pep has been around for 7 years and counting and while, Man u and Chelsea Change coach every other season. The stability of City and constant pumping of cash has made dem this strong. Pep should prove is mettle by doing greatly with bang average teams fess

Common sense should tell u dat man UTD and Chelsea change coach bcuz those coaches were not good enough and trusted by d owners of that club that employed them.
So it is man UTD and Chelsea dat is not pumping cash to d club in transfers?
Why is man UTD not winning trophies like man city after spending more Dan man city since when pep took over in 2016 if truely it is by pumping cash?
Why have Chelsea failed Completely after spending d highest amount of money this season on transfers?
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by yomi531(m): 9:03am On May 22, 2023
Chidolalar:

Common sense should tell u dat man UTD and Chelsea change coach bcuz those coaches were not good enough and trusted by d owners of that club that employed them.
So it is man UTD and Chelsea dat is not pumping cash to d club in transfers?
Why is man UTD not winning trophies like man city after spending more Dan man city since when pep took over in 2016 if truely it is by pumping cash?
Why have Chelsea failed Completely after spending d highest amount of money this season on transfers?
I really wanna see where Pep will go after his City contract oo. I pray he doesn't follow his usual steps of running to mega rich clubs Like PSG and the likes. Let him challenge himself with other projects. Abeg I don taya to reply.
Re: Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row by Chidolalar: 9:37am On May 22, 2023
yomi531:
I really wanna see where Pep will go after his City contract oo. I pray he doesn't follow his usual steps of running to mega rich clubs Like PSG and the likes. Let him challenge himself with other projects. Abeg I don taya to reply.

Why didn't Mourinho win d ucl with elites clubs like Chelsea, man UTD and real Madrid after spending so much on transfers?
Why didn't Ferguson win more than 2 ucl titles in 26 years at man UTD after spending so much on transfers?
Pep is d best of d best that is why he always attract elites clubs and will continue to attract elites clubs.
Pep will always succeed anywhere bcuz he is a tactical genius and always want d best performance from his players.
For d fact u didn't answer my question shows spending money does not determine how successful u can be
Pep haters like u will always be jealous of pep bcuz he has disgraced and beaten your club on so many occasions and bcuz he is just too successful in his managerial career πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Giannis Antetokounmpo Signs $228 Million Deal - The Richest In NBA History / Meet The Nigeria Football Team Of 1962 / Nigeria's U23 Olympic Team Back In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.