Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Nigerian Who Won UK Scholarship Dies On Day He Was To Travel - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Who Won UK Scholarship Dies On Day He Was To Travel (457 Views)

Ghanaian Student Dies On Stage During Dance Performance (VIDEO) / FUTMINNA Graduating Student Dies On His Way To His Convocation / 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Who Won UK Scholarship Dies On Day He Was To Travel by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:00am On May 21, 2023
Nigerian who won UK scholarship dies on day he was to travel
2 min read
8 hours ago Kalu Idika

Okpani Ugochukwu

A Nigerian man identified as Okpani Ugochukwu slept and never woke up a few hours before his flight to the United Kingdom for his Master’s Programme.

Ugochukwu had posted on his Facebook wall on Friday that he was UK-bound for his Master's degree programme, suspected to be International Relations.

He wrote, "It's a wrap. Blessed be God Forever. 22:00Hrs 2go. In Omnia Paratus. Put my name on that wall. MSc mode fully activated. 🛩️✈️✈️🛩️. #International_Relations."

The dream, however, did not materialise as his wall was flooded with condolences from friends who are pained by his untimely death.

A friend, Oyimagada Inya Ken said he was supposed to be on his way for his M.Sc but his exit has been confirmed.

Another friend, Ginger Eke Collins Ogbonnia said Ugochukwu was a good man and that they had both carried out many projects, as he bade him eternal farewell.

In his own painful comment, David Azuewah said Ugochukwu was a young soul filled with life that would be sorely missed.

"My congratulations message yesterday has now turned to RIP today. What a tragedy!" Christain Oko Kelechi said.

Monica Mma said she thought it was a prank as she found it difficult to believe, saying: "I've not been able to place my head around this whole thing. I’ve been waiting to hear is a prank. You made a post yesterday and it was not up to 24 hours and you're gone. Rest well, Christopher!"

"This young man, Ugochukwu Okpani was supposed to travel to the UK today to further his education. He celebrated on his wall and his friends congratulated him. Then he slept and dis not wake up."

The deceased studied at Nnamdi Azikiwe University and lived in Awka, Anambra State capital, before he drew his final breath.

Source
Re: Nigerian Who Won UK Scholarship Dies On Day He Was To Travel by bewla(m): 3:27am On May 21, 2023
Sad RIP

(1) (Reply)

When Did FG Will Implement Noun Graduates Nysc Mobilisation / Poland / Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.