Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Never mind - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Never mind (531 Views)

My Family Is At The Verge Of Destruction / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never mind by Cyril123456: 1:01pm On May 21, 2023
Never mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Never mind by Blake755: 1:23pm On May 21, 2023
Damn ur father no try always trying to force there opinion on others very selfish 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never mind by budaatum: 1:23pm On May 21, 2023
"My husband, my husband", the referred to thread reads, while stopping the son from chasing his dreams.

Time for you to go stand on your own two feet. It's an alternative to suicide. If you can end your life you bloody well can suffer to live too unless you are weak and useless as they wish to portray you. It's hard, I know, but there's much living to be done by you, so leave their roof and live.
Re: Never mind by Blake755: 1:29pm On May 21, 2023
You can still do anything u want regardless without looking back men i have decided if to say i will raise my own kids the will have good exposure of life this kind of life
All these shit of resisting children from having a experiencing hard life i think it turns them to weakling
Re: Never mind by Shokoloko(f): 1:32pm On May 21, 2023
Cyril, while I believe that your dad suffers from a mental disorder, you have to wear the big boy pants and help yourself here.
Your dad isn't bad; he is mad. There is lots of Nigerians with undiagnosed mental disorders.
Can you begin to see your father as a toxic boss rather than family?
Stop expecting understanding, help, or praise from him.
You are viewing this man as your father, but he is viewing you not as his child, but as a human body who he will force to achieve the goals he could not achieve as a young man.
So what would you do if your father was your toxic boss? Would you commit suicide because of your boss? I would not even advise you to resign just yet, but of how hard it is to get a good job in Nigeria.
What you would be doing is to say "yes sir" while planning your exit. At least your boss is paying you with free accommodation.
There is no point of committing suicide, but if you really, really have to commit suicide consider organ donation.
My sister says noise cancelling headphones go for N4500 - N5500 in Nigeria. Post your account number and I will send you N5600 to buy the headphones. Leave your father's door open - its not your house.

2 Likes

Re: Never mind by kernniejay(m): 1:42pm On May 21, 2023
Never never think suicide. People have been through worst of situations than yours and in the end, they came out better.
My advice to you is that, just play along with your father, be a good son to him, don't argue and don't complain. Meanwhile, keep working underground about your plan to become a programmer. Lucky enough, he doesn't stop you from going to work/learn at the cybercafe. Just use his house as a platform to achieve your goals and in the near future, the result will speak for itself.
Hundreds of celebrities we see today have once upon a time, been discouraged or condemned by their parents. Today, those celebrities are now the breadwinners in their families and their parents are now regreting their past actions. Tobi Amusan's father burned her sneakers just because he didn't want Tobi to participate in athletics while in school, today the same father is alive to see Tobi becoming not only a national hero but also a worldwide celebrity. The grave yard is full of buried dreams and glory, don't join them without fulfilling your dreams and achieving your purpose in life. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Never mind by poshestmina(f): 1:59pm On May 21, 2023
Sometimes play the fool to get what you want!

Your dad is that way and is never going to change and your mum will keep supporting her husband directly or indirectly!

You didn't have to drop out in 300 lvl though ,just that one more year of Endurance would have so pleased your dad and be of benefit to you too. It's past now and remains in the past.

However,as much as your dad remains your sole provider , accommodator . He'll always have his ways . Do well to please him till you get to that point where you are out of there.

No dey drag shoulders with am.
See your dad as your boss and way out and humble yourself .

Wish you all the best ♥️

2 Likes

Re: Never mind by Melorinaa: 2:48pm On May 21, 2023
Why are you people petting him?

Dear young man, you don't understand life yet sorry.

Forget about not liking a course. For your own good your parents are trying to secure your future for you. They got connects in NAFDAC and they want you there so you can earn a good living for yourself.

You know the most painful thing? Your dad paid so much to put you in a private school yet you dropped out because you don't understand!

He is pained!!! You hurt him.

Yes he went too extreme but all that could have been avoided. Your just 21. What would you do if you were 25.

Where are you leaving to?

You are just reasoning like a child. You think you can survive on your own? You better sit up and take your life seriously starting with your studies. Why won't you go to school. How can you drop out in 300level and expect them to be happy with you.

I feel for them sha. Though I don't support all your dad did. But I guess he's just so pained that he cannot control his own child.

And why won't you join them for bible studies??
Are you not part of the family.

Sorry I don't support wayward behavior in children.

Education that would help your life you don't want.

First child!!! OK o
Re: Never mind by sageb: 2:53pm On May 21, 2023
Melorinaa:
Why are you people petting him?

Dear young man, you don't understand life yet sorry.

Forget about not liking a course. For your own good your parents are trying to secure your future for you. They got connects in NAFDAC and they want you there so you can earn a good living for yourself.

You know the most painful thing? Your dad paid so much to put you in a private school yet you dropped out because you don't understand!

He is pained!!! You hurt him.

Yes he went too extreme but all that could have been avoided. Your just 21. What would you do if you were 25.

Where are you leaving to?

You are just reasoning like a child. You think you can survive on your own? You better sit up and take your life seriously starting with your studies. Why won't you go to school. How can you drop out in 300level and expect them to be happy with you.

I feel for them sha. Though I don't support all your dad did. But I guess he's just so pained that he cannot control his own child.

And why won't you join them for bible studies??
Are you not part of the family.

Sorry I don't support wayward behavior in children.

Education that would help your life you don't want.

First child!!! OK 9

You nailed it
A word is enough for the wise
Re: Never mind by Elevation(m): 3:20pm On May 21, 2023
It is well, i lost my Dad when i was 16, the company told us to go, was the first son, so had to be a man early, thanks for earlier experiences, working at a vulcanizing shop (road side), you see my brother know this.
1. The WORLD IS COLD
2. YOU NEED GOD (So so badly)
3. YOU NEED DESTINY HELPERS (very important)
4. LIFE IS LIKE AN ELECTRIC IRON (for straightening clothes)
So Bros stay in that house and be a humble young man, discover who you are, come to The Holy Spirit for help, He will tell you the course to read and be good, be optimistic, pray for the grace to maintain good and godly relationships, I have a lot to say but start with this first. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Never mind by Nickisindigo(m): 3:39pm On May 21, 2023
You better finish and have a good grade join self

My one lack of good grade is hindering me from joining the coperate world when a family member that works at a bank can actually get me a job
Re: Never mind by yemmit90: 4:01pm On May 21, 2023
Don't know much about your past story but trust me, every dad wants the best for their son. Perhaps you are doing some terrible things that make him behave like that to you. While some wish they have or know their fathers, you are here condemning your because of your lack of understanding about life.

I will advise you to be patient with yourself and finish your education. When you grow up and have your own kids, you will understand what your father is currently doing.
Re: Never mind by frozen70(f): 4:19pm On May 21, 2023
Cyril123456:
Please kindly refer to this thread below to understand where I'm coming from, I am the boy being referred to in the post and I'll leave Some pictures of some of my previous University documents to prove it.

https://www.nairaland.com/7642728/nairalanders-please-first-son-behaving
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm typing this with tears in my eye's right now, Just wondering how long I can continue like this before I decide to end it all. I don't just know how and why my life turned out to be like this. I don't know what I did to deserve all these emotional suffering I'm currently facing. My parents most especially my dad are slowly pushing me to suicide. Today he came to my room while I was busy studying somethings with my laptop, broke the iron used in locking the door from behind, and seized the keys to make sure my room door is always opened. just because while they were doing Bible studies in the parlour, I was studying somethings with my laptop in my room and locked the door to reduce noise and distractions.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM28Qc4nC/

Nairalanders please I need your advice. I'm contemplating on selling my Laptop to move out of this house, even if it means I'll be living under a bridge, at least the money can sustain me till I can find something doing. I bought this laptop some months back for 100k because I wanted to Learn programming and I had to work at a cyber cafe from 7-7 for three months, save every single penny from my salary and even starve myself on some occasions, just to be able to afford it because when I asked my father for 60k to buy a lower quality laptop, he blatantly refused to help me.
I just don't know what else to do. I believe if I don't leave this place soon, I might end up taking my life because my dad has a gun in our house and I'm beginning to see it as an easy way out from all my sufferings

mynd44 nlfpmod lalasticlala
farano justwise

Obviously you are simply tired of that man and that home

He may be the stubborn type of dad that doesn't go close yob his children to understand their mood

If you know that you can afford to feed yourself and get a room and still pay uoir school fees then follow your heart

But if you cant, then when you go back to school remain there till you can tolerate whatever happens in that house

As it is now, start planning on how to stand on your feet with no support from anywhere, it will help you to build up yourself

I don't even know why your mum was not mentioned in this report

(1) (Reply)

Send Your Son To Prison / What Can I Do For You? / A Father’s Reaction To His Daughter Choosing A Black Man For Prom...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.