Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) (3956 Views)

Nigeria Maritime University: A Place To Visit (Photos) / UNIZIK Has The Most Beautiful University Gate In Nigeria? / Archaeologists Discovers Gates Of Hell. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by Vatod(m): 7:04pm On May 21, 2023
IN THE HOT, EXPANSIVE KARAKUM desert in Turkmenistan, near the 350-person village of Darvaza, is a hole 230 feet wide that has been on fire for over 50 years. Though technically called the Darvaza gas crater, locals know the crater as “The Gates of Hell.” Its fiery glow can be seen for miles around.

The Gates of Hell crater was created in 1971 when a Soviet drilling rig accidentally punched into a massive underground natural gas cavern, causing the ground to collapse and the entire drilling rig to fall in. Having punctured a pocket of gas, poisonous fumes began leaking at an alarming rate.

To head off a potential environmental catastrophe, the Soviets set the hole alight, figuring it would stop burning within a few weeks. Decades later, and the fiery pit is still going strong. The Soviet drilling rig is believed to still be down there somewhere, on the other side of the “Gates of Hell.”

Amazingly, despite the crater’s foreboding name and ever-present flames, people still trek into the desert to witness the site in all its blazing glory. The nearby desert has become a popular place for wild camping.

But the fate of the burning crater may be in limbo. In January 2022, President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov ordered the government of Turkmenistan to begin researching how to put the fire out.

3 Shares

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by donbachi(m): 8:11pm On May 21, 2023
Rooms of evil Naija politicians in hell will be like dis.

9 Likes

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:39pm On May 21, 2023
Janedigitals3:

Hey Nairalanders!!!!!

i am looking to buy Old Linkedin accounts (2022-2014)

Please if you have a Linkedin Account that you want to sell for some extra cash please do well to reach out to me
Fast Payment
Scammers stay far away....
Check my signature for my info
go to hell

3 Likes

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by PapaNnamdi: 10:44pm On May 21, 2023
There is no hell, stop this monsense

1 Like

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by josielewa(m): 11:11pm On May 21, 2023
Janedigitals3:

Hey Nairalanders!!!!!

Please if you have a Linkedin Account that you want to sell for some extra cash please do well to reach out to me
Fast Payment
I have one opened since... How much
Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 21, 2023
I remember when me and banny when there for vacation. I almost fell into that pit na God save me

2 Likes

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by Pat081: 11:21pm On May 21, 2023
Have you been there before?
Or
What your
Pastors make you to
Believe

4 Likes

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by Vatod(m): 11:37pm On May 21, 2023
PapaNnamdi:
did you read the content?

2 Likes

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by Vatod(m): 11:47pm On May 21, 2023
Pat081:

Have you been there before?
Or
What your
Pastors make you to
Believe
Read the content!

1 Like

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by Keji1012(m): 11:52pm On May 21, 2023
Borntosmoke:
I remember when me and banny when there for vacation. I almost fell into that pit na God save me

Lie no go kill u

1 Like

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by Astra101: 1:38am On May 22, 2023
Here "the Gate of Hell prevailed" for decades cheesy

1 Like

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by Seagodess(f): 6:07am On May 22, 2023
PapaNnamdi:
when you die in sin

You will know
Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by foxxydude: 6:57am On May 22, 2023
A church In Delta State uses the video for their tv show to scare people 😁

1 Like

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by Vatod(m): 7:18am On May 22, 2023
foxxydude:
A church In Delta State uses the video for their tv show to scare people 😁
So scary actually!

1 Like

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by christejames(m): 7:37am On May 22, 2023
We have our hell with us here; USELESS POLITICIANS!

1 Like

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by dayleke: 7:42am On May 22, 2023
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
go to hell

Is he gonna pass through that gate up there?

1 Like

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by fuckJones(f): 8:10am On May 22, 2023
Hell is not for Human

1 Like

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by fuckJones(f): 8:11am On May 22, 2023
christejames:
We have our hell with us here; USELESS POLITICIANS!
is obi one among them?

1 Like

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by fuckJones(f): 8:12am On May 22, 2023
Janedigitals3:

Hey Nairalanders!!!!!

Fast Payment
go to court

1 Like

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by christejames(m): 8:15am On May 22, 2023
fuckJones:

is obi one among them?

Even your mind knows he and Datti are quite different that's why your mind went straight to him... ☺

2 Likes

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by pillager: 8:25am On May 22, 2023
Janedigitals3:

Hey Nairalanders!!!!!

Fast Payment
You sef na scammer, idiot
Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by nairalander2020(m): 9:24am On May 22, 2023
Hell will be 10 times hotter than this.

This is should be call the devils footstool

1 Like

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:36am On May 22, 2023
How much 2019
Janedigitals3:

Hey Nairalanders!!!!!

Fast Payment

1 Like

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by tuzle(m): 11:29am On May 22, 2023
Most people don't read. Because a place is called gate of hell doesn't literally means the place is the gate of hell. Is just like how we have a sea called dead sea, or the red sea that isn't red.

3 Likes

Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by Vatod(m): 1:40pm On May 22, 2023
tuzle:
Most people don't read. Because a place is called gate of hell doesn't literally means the place is the gate of hell. Is just like how we have a sea called dead sea, or the red sea that isn't red.
Yes you’re right, I don’t know why people are just too lazy to ready and still jump into conclusion
Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by ghettochild(m): 2:08pm On May 22, 2023
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
go to hell
Whatsapp +27737839889
Wanna sell mine..
Had it since 2019
No longer using it
Re: A place called, The Gate Of Hell (picture) by Maynmaynmayn: 2:25pm On May 22, 2023
Seagodess:
when you die in sin

You will know
https://www.nairaland.com/7690588/hel-hell

(1) (2) (Reply)

School Of Basic And Remedial Study A.b.u Zaria,scratch Card On Sale. / Full Details Of The 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship Scheme (overseas/local) / Eastern Palm University (EPU) Commences Admission For The 2017/2018 Academic Ses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.