Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 (9534 Views)

Double Nomination: Speak On Rumoured May 26 Public Holiday - PDP Tells Buhari / Northern Governors Angry Over Shettima's Selection As Tinubu's Running Mate / Reasons APC NEC May Sack Oshiomhole, NWC Members On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by FuglyGurl(f): 2:29pm On May 22, 2023
The Supreme Court on Monday fixed May 26 for the judgement on the alleged double nomination of vice president-elect Kashim Shettima filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The judgement, slated three days before the presidential inauguration, would determine whether Mr Shettima would be sworn in as the vice president or if his candidacy would be truncated.

If affirmed, Mr Shettima’s disqualification could truncate the swearing in of Bola Tinubu as president since they ran a joint ticket.

Senior lawyer Joe Agim told the Court that the All Progressives Congress(APC) had earlier admitted Mr Shettima’s double nomination at the appellate court, but the APC denied the allegation.

Mr Agim, citing a case involving Uche Nwosu against ADP as precedent, asserted that his respondents did not deserve to speak, let alone make any argument, over the alleged double nomination.

“There’s a punishment for double nomination. They ought not to be heard,” Mr Agim told the highest court on Monday. “It should never happen in this country.”

The Court said judgement will be issued on Friday.

https://gazettengr.com/supreme-court-to-deliver-judgement-on-shettimas-alleged-double-nomination-may-26/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by wis3(m): 2:31pm On May 22, 2023
fantasies of a zombidiots. 🙄

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by AntiChristian: 2:32pm On May 22, 2023
DOA

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by Nice2023(m): 2:34pm On May 22, 2023
E go choke...now u will see them trying to bribe the judges.

It is only in Nigeria people like Lawal,Akpabio could be returned to power when it is obvious they all bought presidential ticket still ran for the same office amounting to double nomination.

I wonder the kind of judges we have in this country.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by rottennaija(m): 2:34pm On May 22, 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by seunmsg(m): 2:35pm On May 22, 2023
The court of appeal already dismissed this matter and the Supreme Court will follow suit. The case is dead on arrival since it is not the business of PDP to determine who APC nominates or not. PDP lacks the locus to institute the case and they are nothing but a meddlesome busybody.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by biaframaster200: 2:36pm On May 22, 2023
The lAST TIME I CHECKED....

THE PRESENT SENATE PRESIDENT HAS A DOUBLE NOMINATION IN COURT... HE WON....AND HE IS ALSO A SENATOR -ELECT.....

.ALL THESE Anambra political propagandanist ..who are jobless will soon be fuzzle away....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 2:37pm On May 22, 2023
Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by 001Lagos: 2:39pm On May 22, 2023
The prayer of millions of Nigerians

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by iwaeda: 2:40pm On May 22, 2023
FuglyGurl:

https://gazettengr.com/supreme-court-to-deliver-judgement-on-shettimas-alleged-double-nomination-may-26/

If Tinubu is disqualified, aha, Emilokan will be in what I can't mention now. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by Parachoko: 2:40pm On May 22, 2023
The Court will rule in favor of the APC

The PDP is not back by law to pokenose in APC internal affair

21 Likes

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by 001Lagos: 2:41pm On May 22, 2023
biaframaster200:
The lAST TIME I CHECKED....

THE PRESENT SENATE PRESIDENT HAS A DOUBLE NOMINATION IN COURT... HE WON....AND HE IS ALSO A SENATOR -ELECT.....

.ALL THESE Anambra political propagandanist ..who are jobless will soon be fuzzle away....
So thePeoples gazzete is now Anambra newspaper because it didn't write in Tinubu favour ?

You go dey alright las las

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by Asswipemod: 2:42pm On May 22, 2023
seunmsg:
The court of appeal already dismissed this matter and the Supreme Court will follow suit. The case is dead on arrival since it is not the business of PDP to determine who APC nominates or not. PDP lacks the locus to institute the case and they are nothing but a meddlesome busybody.

Kadoso Mutairu aka seunmsg!😆😆😆

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by fergie001: 2:42pm On May 22, 2023
The issue of jurisdiction will be addressed first.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by SensetionalGoal(m): 2:44pm On May 22, 2023
Shettima will be disqualified on Friday followed by tinubu
Those two should not be allowed close to our national purse
Tell me if not for tax payers money what else are they looking for in Aso villa because it's obvious the duo has nothing to offer...

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by adekolaelect(m): 2:45pm On May 22, 2023
Nice2023:
E go choke...now u will see them trying to bribe the judges.

It is only in Nigeria people like Lawal,Akpabio could be returned to power when it is obvious they all bought presidential ticket still ran for the same office amounting to double nomination.

I wonder the kind of judges we have in this country.
It is hopelessness that will make one to rely on petty case to defeat Tinubu when you can't win him in general election . Alaye Ooooo ti loo

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by Epistasis(m): 2:46pm On May 22, 2023
Story for the gods!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by Penguin2: 2:47pm On May 22, 2023
fergie001:

Yeah.

But don’t you think they would have struck the case out if they didn’t wanna assume jurisdiction?

Besides, are sure the plaintiffs originated the case at the Supreme Court?

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by Yourprick: 2:47pm On May 22, 2023
Lol
Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by garfield1: 2:49pm On May 22, 2023
seunmsg:

Honestly,I am afraid of that case immediately I heard it was fixed on the 26.I recalled what happened to david Lyon.while it is not the business of pdp on who apc noninates,this transcends intra party nomination.when you are nominated in two constituencies or by two parties,it is a general violation of the electoral act which can no longer be hidden by intra party matters.section 29 did not cover double nomination.jegede vs aketi is another citation

7 Likes

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by SOSinNigeria: 2:54pm On May 22, 2023
That could be the reason why no one is actually interested nor looking forward to May 29 inauguration. It may never happen.

8 Likes

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by fergie001: 2:57pm On May 22, 2023
Penguin2:

Yeah.

But don’t you think they would have struck the case out if they didn’t wanna assume jurisdiction?

Besides, are sure the plaintiffs originated the case at the Supreme Court?
No, they lost at the FHC, lost at the Appeal Court and now before the SC.

It has a direct implication to Obi's petition on Shettima's double nomination. Once the SC rules, it will be binding on the PEPT...

Shettima's double nomination is disqualification ASAP but does the Atiku/PDP have the jurisdiction?

In the old Electoral Act, it is any person but not so in the new Electoral Act.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:58pm On May 22, 2023
What about the Abuja 25%. When is that one?
Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by garfield1: 3:00pm On May 22, 2023
fergie001:

The case has lapsed.it lapsed on Friday.but if it hasn't,anything can happen.
Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by alsudan: 3:01pm On May 22, 2023
garfield1:

Honestly,I am afraid of that case immediately I heard it was fixed on the 26.I recalled what happened to david Lyon.while it is not the business of pdp on who apc noninates,this transcends intra party nomination.when you are nominated in two constituencies or by two parties,it is a general violation of the electoral act which can no longer be hidden by intra party matters.section 29 did not cover double nomination.jegede vs aketi is another citation

Good morning my boy.

You’re coming to terms with reality. Some of us told you that Tinubu will not be President even for a Sec, but you guys doubted.

We all remember how Lyon was rehearsing a day before his supposed inauguration, before he got the shocker of his life. History will repeat itself.

Watch out for Friday and if any APC Thug does Pim.p, na to the great beyond straight.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by fergie001: 3:02pm On May 22, 2023
garfield1:

Honestly,I am afraid of that case immediately I heard it was fixed on the 26.I recalled what happened to david Lyon.while it is not the business of pdp on who apc noninates,this transcends intra party nomination.when you are nominated in two constituencies or by two parties,it is a general violation of the electoral act which can no longer be hidden by intra party matters.section 29 did not cover double nomination. jegede vs aketi is another citation
Split decision loading ...

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by fergie001: 3:03pm On May 22, 2023
garfield1:
The case has lapsed.it lapsed on Friday.but if it hasn't,anything can happen.
How can it lapse and the SC pushed it to May 26, that's not pssoible.
Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by garfield1: 3:03pm On May 22, 2023
fergie001:

It has a direct implication to Obi's petition on Shettima's double nomination. Once the SC rules, it will be binding on the PEPT...

Shettima's double nomination is disqualification ASAP but does the Atiku/PDP have the jurisdiction?

In a way,they can have jurisdiction.section 29 doesn't cover all pre election matters like double nomination.section 285 might give us a better clue.
Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by garfield1: 3:04pm On May 22, 2023
fergie001:

How can it lapse and the SC pushed it to May 26, that's not pssoible.

Judgment was delivered on 25 march except 60 days starts counting from the date of filing
Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by fergie001: 3:05pm On May 22, 2023
garfield1:

In a way,they can have jurisdiction.section 29 doesn't cover all pre election matters like double nomination.section 285 might give us a better clue.
SC has said Section 285 doesn't give locus for pre-election cases but only defines what it is.
Re: Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26 by Penguin2: 3:05pm On May 22, 2023
fergie001:

Yeah, I know that once the Supreme Court resolves the case in favour of Tinubu then the double nomination leg of Obi’s petition will automatically be struck out.

Since the plaintiffs already lost at FHC and Appeal Court, I don’t see SC ruling anything different; more so when it’s against Tinubu.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP / Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers / APC Wins 21 States, PDP Wins 15 States And FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.