Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,351 members, 7,853,544 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:53 PM

Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW (5278 Views)

How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote / Pictures Of Coconut Oil Refinery in Akwa Ibom / Buhari Commissions Waltersmith Modular Refinery In Ibigwe, Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by Styluss: 9:16pm On May 22, 2023
I dont think thats bigory, I think he is talking from economic point of view. Why harvest Cassava in Ibadan and make garri in sokoto? It does not make any economic sense.
seunmsg:
Foreigners come to buy crude oil in Nigeria and ship it to refineries in Europe but it’s now a crime to buy crude oil from Niger delta and ship to a refinery in Lagos. Dude, your bigotry stinks.

1 Like

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by basybasy: 9:20pm On May 22, 2023
coputa:
The same license they gave to Dangote was given to your Niger Delta brothers but they prefer to build Hotels and petrol stations.

Dangote choose Lagos for many reasons, militancy and collection of deve were some of the reasons he ran away from Niger Delta states
The guy that did the post is an Igbo guy. Don't blame Niger Delta because they are not the ones complaining, it is bad belle Igbos. U can't find them where others are celebrating. They only live with bitterness. Who told him that Yoruba does not have oil? What of Ondo, Ogun and Lagos? Hates have destroyed Igbos. That is why it is going to be difficult for igbos to rule Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by wirinet(m): 9:29pm On May 22, 2023
Rutherford2019:
What's the logic of siting oil refinery in Lagos but the oil is produced in Niger Delta?
Is there no land in SS and What's the cost of transporting crude oil from Rivers state to Lagos..
My Niger Delta brothers Igbos are better than you people at least if the oil is located in SE nobody can try this shit

The logic is security. Despite the menace of agbero, Lagos still remains one of the safest state in Nigeria. Furthermore, Lagos is one of the investment friendly state in Nigeria. Siting a business in the Niger delta is a very risky proposition. You will have to contend with various extortion from youths, community elders, traditional rulers, local government, etc. Then various youth groups will come periodically to demand "deve" and threaten to shut down your operations if you refuse to pay. There is also the issue of kidnapping.
The east is a no go area for non native investors. IPOB, ESN, auto pilot, etc, reigns supreme other there.
The refinery should naturally have been sited in ogun or Ondo, but it was alleged that their governors were demanding huge bribe before they gave permission to dangote not caring about the long term benefits such project could bring to the state.
So I commend Tinubu and his prodigies - Ambode and Sanwo-Olu for bringing the largest refinery in Africa to Lagos State. The problem now is how to deal with the expected traffic in an already over congested route.

2 Likes

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by wirinet(m): 9:32pm On May 22, 2023
Styluss:
I dont think thats bigory, I think he is talking from economic point of view. Why harvest Cassava in Ibadan and make garri in sokoto? It does not make any economic sense.

From an economic point of view, you have to consider security, good access roads, good access to the sea, available of skilled manpower and benign government policies, eg tax breaks and incentives.

1 Like

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by sisisioge: 9:35pm On May 22, 2023
Rutherford2019:
What's the logic of siting oil refinery in Lagos but the oil is produced in Niger Delta?
Is there no land in SS and What's the cost of transporting crude oil from Rivers state to Lagos..
My Niger Delta brothers Igbos are better than you people at least if the oil is located in SE nobody can try this shit

Niger Delta has proven not to be the safest place for oil investors to plant their investments. Little wonder Dangote jejely chose Lagos. The guy cant be fighting the numerous wars from the militants there o.
Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by wirinet(m): 9:47pm On May 22, 2023
sisisioge:

Niger Delta has proven not to be the safest place for oil investors to plant their investments. Little wonder Dangote jejely chose Lagos. The guy cant be fighting the numerous wars from the militants there o.
Exactly, even most of the oil companies operating in the Niger Delta have sold their onshore assets and moved offshore, and you expect Dangote to thread where angels dread.

2 Likes

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by Gajagojo: 9:49pm On May 22, 2023
Styluss:
Well you clearly do not know economics or business

Why does African cocoa and coffee end up in Europe with little value addition in Africa
Why harvest Cocoa in Ondo and make chocolate in Belgium,Switzerland France
Why mine gold and diamonds in Africa and make jewelry in Europe
Why mine Iron in Australia and make steel in China
Why cut down trees in Africa to make furniture in Europe
Why harvest cashew nuts and ground nuts in Nigeria to process in Europe

Of the 8 largest refineries in the world Korea alone has 3
India has one and Singapore has 1 .

The largest is in India
NONE OF THEM PRODUCE OIL
So when you talk of MAKING SENSE
What is it based on ? Sentiments

Closeness to raw materials is not always more important than closeness to market.
Additional consideration is the cost of doing business and risk.

2 Likes

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by Babathanks(m): 10:29pm On May 22, 2023
Acidosis:

Your decision to avoid elections in Kaduna isn't necessarily related to respect for your host but the fear of getting lynched made you and your folks to be less ambitious. I have relatives in Kaduna too and I understand how many of them lived and still live in fear. That is not an ideal society but I bet your consciousness has been remotely altered to internalise and embrace wrongdoings and suppression (Aka Stockholm syndrome).

Abi you have not asked yourself why yoruba people contest and vote in the UK and U.S. The Yorubas in the UK don't "have respect abi?"

You should be worried that you can't exercise your rights in your own country, whether you live in Kutuwenji or Kafancha.
I’m not saying that you are not right ooo, but tagging lagos all the time by your tribesmen is so annoying and disgusting. Can a Yoruba man contest for any election in the north or east? Abeg leave lagos and let it be

4 Likes

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by TakeNigeriaBack: 10:34pm On May 22, 2023
One Ibo leader once said: ''...Ibos are the most foolish tribe in the world..." I imagine he was speaking about people like the OP.
Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by Styluss: 10:38pm On May 22, 2023
I think I understand better Thanks, I think Ondo State is a better alternative considering lagos congestion, only that there is no readily available sea port.
wirinet:

From an economic point of view, you have to consider security, good access roads, good access to the sea, available of skilled manpower and benign government policies, eg tax breaks and incentives.
Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 22, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:
One Ibo leader once said: ''...Ibos are the most foolish tribe in the world..." I imagine he was speaking about people like the OP.
He was right. Imagine claiming that they are better than the Niger Deltans.
These people should never be allowed to rule Nigeria, they are extremely arrogant and disrespectful.

3 Likes

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by Okwyjesus(m): 10:46pm On May 22, 2023
Rutherford2019:

I laugh at the so called Niger Delta. Last ladst na the region go lose big when the inevitable happens.

1 Like

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by wirinet(m): 10:48pm On May 22, 2023
Styluss:
I think I understand better Thanks, I think Ondo State is a better alternative considering lagos congestion, only that there is no readily available sea port.

There were allegations that talks between Governor Amosun and Dangote and between Mimiko and Dangote broke down over bribes. Dangote initially wanted to site the refinery in Ogun or Ondo state.

4 Likes

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by OfoIgbo: 11:04pm On May 22, 2023
Gajagojo:

They DO NOT NEED NIGER DELTA OIL

oil is a commodity and can be sourced literally from ANYWHERE

The so called Niger Delta oil belongs 20 % to 40% to the companies like Shell ,Mobil,Chevron etc.
They will seek to sell the oil to the highest bidder not necessarily in Nigeria .
Dangote can buy oil from Russia,Angola,Libya,etc

Let Dangote go and source for his oil in Russia and Angola.

Peter Obi has already promised that he will issue modular refinery licenses to Niger Delta groups that wish to refine their God-given crude oil.

No more monkey dey work, baboon dey chop policies. It will end with Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by ogkrakkid(m): 11:12pm On May 22, 2023
Rutherford2019:
I will only reply to a comment from Niger Delta person
Niger Delta are setting SS/SE aback
Refineries are built where oils are produced
Nigeria will never invest in Niger Delta they'll only degrade their land
BUA is coming up soonest.
Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by coputa(m): 11:17pm On May 22, 2023
basybasy:

The guy that did the post is an Igbo guy. Don't blame Niger Delta because they are not the ones complaining, it is bad belle Igbos. U can't find them where others are celebrating. They only live with bitterness. Who told him that Yoruba does not have oil? What of Ondo, Ogun and Lagos? Hates have destroyed Igbos. That is why it is going to be difficult for igbos to rule Nigeria.
Yes,i know a Niger Delta cannot post that vindictive post.The Igbos are acting like wounded lion right now.

1 Like

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by ogkrakkid(m): 11:30pm On May 22, 2023
richmond500:
they receive alot but use it for non fruitless thing, even if they receive a billion dollars, we will still not grow

Lagos didn't have oil when it grew like this, all we need is competent leaders
Watch out for my state.
Akwaibom.lol.
Once BUA is ready before 2025.That state is the next dubai but e go favour it's people first like they do in lagos. And probably double or triple of what they do in lagos.
I love my state.
Am proud of my state.
I have a dream of it becoming the dubai of nigeria if we still remain one.
God bless Akpabio
God bless Udom
Godbless akwaibom state.
Akwaibom ayaya..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by blaqoracle: 11:44pm On May 22, 2023
seunmsg:
Foreigners come to buy crude oil in Nigeria and ship it to refineries in Europe but it’s now a crime to buy crude oil from Niger delta and ship to a refinery in Lagos. Dude, your bigotry stinks.
know that these are not posted by ND people but the obidented obidunse, who are to recover from the humiliating defeat meted on them by the gargantuan jagaban.

1 Like

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by Becomrichn: 11:54pm On May 22, 2023
embarassed embarassed

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:51am On May 23, 2023
sisisioge:

But LNG is domicilled in the same Niger-Delta and working in peace....making billions of dollars a year!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:57am On May 23, 2023
NaijaReCrminals:
He was right. Imagine claiming that they are better than the Niger Deltans.
These people should never be allowed to rule Nigeria, they are extremely arrogant and disrespectful.

Yes.....but of course! The 'extremely arrogant and disrespectful' Igbo shouldn't be allowed to rule your Nigeria....that position is strictly reserved for the 'humble, loving, peaceful and self-deprecating' Fulani and Yoruba abi!? smiley
Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by honeyB2018: 1:03am On May 23, 2023
Rutherford2019:

Stop your lamentation. Lagos State, also produces oil too.
The case of Niger- Delta, should be a case study to every region, where non- Indigenes and the investors peace are been threatened.
There is a refinery in PH, but restiveness and unfavorable security situation, has sent people away. This will soon be the case in Lagos State, if the leaders, politically don't put their senses into action.
Threatening investors and non- Indigenes have it's price, and it's about capital, human and development flight.
Dangote, is an Hausa man, why Lagos and not anywhere else?
We must all learn
Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by Thomasankara(m): 1:05am On May 23, 2023
[/color]i think its the fear of deve and kidnapping staffs[color=#770077]
Rutherford2019:
Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by honeyB2018: 1:20am On May 23, 2023
APCNig:

There is oil in Lagos too. Ask Igbos why they establish baby factories in Yoruba land. It’s economics of scale

You will die because of your Igbo phobia.
What has the IGBOS got to do with this post?
Thank God for a poster, who said, militancy and community wahala sent Dangote out of Niger- Delta. Let me tell you something, very soon, Lagos State, will soon be like Niger- Delta,if you and your leaders in the South West, don't take time. Investors, go to places where their investments are secured, not in hostile places.
When you threaten non- Indigenes and their investments, you are creating a monster that will haunt you in the future.
Go to Port Harcourt, and see what I'm saying, take a walk along the industrial areas, ask yourself, where the owners are now
Go to Warri, with with seaport, and see wether it's functional. These are the products of militancy and insecurity and restiveness. When they youths were been told then, they were saying my oil my oil, our oil. Today, their employment is taking out from them.
If you don't take time in South West, the Niger- Delta experience, will be small.

1 Like

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by wirinet(m): 2:02am On May 23, 2023
OfoIgbo:

Let Dangote go and source for his oil in Russia and Angola.

Peter Obi has already promised that he will issue modular refinery licenses to Niger Delta groups that wish to refine their God-given crude oil.

No more monkey dey work, baboon dey chop policies. It will end with Peter Obi.

See the way you dey call modular refinery like say na kain kain refinery, or you thinks say na those iron drums wey ijaw boys dey take cook diesel na him be modular refinery? The minimum cost of a small 1000 barrels per day refinery costs nothing less than $100 million, and am not even talking about the cost of land acquisition, licences and other cost necessary to build the refinery, before talking about cost of getting crude yo the refinery and running costs.
How many Niger Delta groups can afford it. Besides even now nothing stops anyone from getting a license and build a refinery if you have the money.

2 Likes

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by IgboSomalia: 4:31am On May 23, 2023
Rutherford2019:

There is a reason why God didn't give you Igbos 3 things.

Oil
Sea
Sense

You can never have these things.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by akakurukukaku(m): 5:09am On May 23, 2023
Rutherford2019:

It myth have contributed to it
Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by NLegendforte: 6:17am On May 23, 2023
Biodun556:

Many igbos and niger deltans got the licenses to build refinery but could not get fund and we're not committed to it

There is oil in Lagos, Ondo and Ogun state
I am not arguing if there is any oil in yorubaland, but why eastern oil has to be piped to lagos. Are there no lands in ND.
Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by 7lives: 7:03am On May 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

There is no pipeline bringing oil to the refinery.
It is serviced by oil tankers which can come from anywhere

Don't mind them, they expect a business man to sink billions of dollars into a bucket shop.
Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by 7lives: 7:14am On May 23, 2023
NLegendforte:

I am not arguing if there is any oil in yorubaland, but why eastern oil has to be piped to lagos. Are there no lands in ND.

There's no pipe, rest bros.
Pipe kor rope ni.

1 Like

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by wirinet(m): 7:22am On May 23, 2023
7lives:

There's no pipe, rest bros.
Pipe kor rope ni.
I no wan answer am. They are adept at making stupendous claims or playing the victim card. He is talking about oil from the east as if there are substantial oil deposits in the east. Even at that why would dangote pipe oil from the east when Ondo and delta states are nearby.
Then the pipes are in his imagination, because dangote will supply his refinery through ships. That's why he sited it next to the ocean. Besides, he will not rely on only on crude from Nigeria but can get crude from any other African countries or even outside Africa.

1 Like

Re: Oil In Niger Delta, Refinery In SW by Biodun556(m): 7:32am On May 23, 2023
NLegendforte:

Ego is making you igbos to lose many things

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News!!!apc Imo State Primary Result. / How To Turn Nigerian Economy Into Knowledge Based Economy- Olawepo Hashim / President Buhari Arrives London Wearing His Favourite Winter Jacket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.