Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,742 members, 7,851,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:46 PM

Calabar (virgin Land) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Calabar (virgin Land) (8082 Views)

. / 591sqm Virgin Land @ Joseph Harrison Street Iwaya, Yaba / virgin land for Quarry Stone For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by LondonCool(m): 7:49pm On Oct 06, 2007
@jino,

Buying land is about who you know.I bought plots of land at the Parliamentary Village and Ikot Ishie for N450k (in 2006) whats the big deal there.My friend is the secretary of the Ikot Ishie Council and sells the land to whom he wants to.

My business partner is about to introduce me to the new Ntoe of Big Qua Town with a view of picking up some plots from him at Akim Qua (Unical). If you are going to venture into Real Estate development in Calabar then you have to have contacts and acquainatances in the pudding. My pal was the secretary of Calabar South LG Council and we are negotaiting for some development plots in the area at good prices.

My Lawyer has lots of affordable land for sale (acquired in lieu of Legal fee's from clients who couldnt pay). I have ex-colleagues in the Land Registry Dept who will tip you of any new devt.or unencumbered land deals. From the outside it looks as if one can not get affordable land to buy in Calabar but when you are serious on taking steps and meet those "in-the-know" then doors surely open, Jino,I have been to Calabar recently and all the good things are going to those people who have the money.
Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by AtamMan(m): 5:38pm On Oct 19, 2007
LondonCool:

@jino,

Buying land is about who you know.I bought plots of land at the Parliamentary Village and Ikot Ishie for N450k (in 2006) whats the big deal there.My friend is the secretary of the Ikot Ishie Council and sells the land to whom he wants to.

My business partner is about to introduce me to the new Ntoe of Big Qua Town with a view of picking up some plots from him at Akim Qua (Unical). If you are going to venture into Real Estate development in Calabar then you have to have contacts and acquainatances in the pudding. My pal was the secretary of Calabar South LG Council and we are negotaiting for some development plots in the area at good prices.

My Lawyer has lots of affordable land for sale (acquired in lieu of Legal fee's from clients who couldnt pay). I have ex-colleagues in the Land Registry Dept who will tip you of any new devt.or unencumbered land deals. From the outside it looks as if one can not get affordable land to buy in Calabar but when you are serious on taking steps and meet those "in-the-know" then doors surely open, Jino,I have been to Calabar recently and all the good things are going to those people who have the money.

@London Cool,
I am impressed with the way you reacted to the Cross River state issue somewhere in this forum. I have just read you recent posting, and would love to talk to you asap. Please can I have your number or email address? Cheers man!
Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by pexy: 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2007
i must confess dis particular area of nairalanders is sooooooooo interesting,dis is my first time here.
i have critically read all d views about the calabar thing and i must say you are all rait.
what is d criteria for a virgin land?
2.How do you maximise.
I have always bn of d opinion that calabar is such a dulling place,why?no industries,no cinemas in terms of entertainment.etc it really calls for a quick initiative.
I'm presently serving with an architectual firm in charge of the Tinapa project.we have moved from the construction stage to operations and believe me it aint easy.
all d client(Tinapa business resort limited) craves for now is investors,but i think its a symbiotic thing.
Is the tinapa dream going to stay alive?i think we all can answer that.rait now it feels like there is no market,2mro ther wd be.
let me start from the shopping malls which i think mait b of great interest to a lot.

especially londoncool,you have a great appetite 4 biz,shops are still available if u want one. and i want you to look beyond d now.the project is a long term investment.it really mait not b a bad idea.if you nid any info pls do not hesitate to contact me on my e-mail addy-dopexy05@yahoo.com
Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by pexy: 12:13pm On Oct 22, 2007
send me a mail on dopexy05@yahoo.com,d addy aint part of it.sorry 4 d inconveniences it mait have caused you.
Pexy
Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by odical: 4:19pm On Feb 26, 2009
Well, I must confess that I stumbled on this forum as I was searching for info. regarding the economic performance of CRS, for my research work, and my word I think its the kind of forum Iv been praying to get into.

@ londoncool; I must confess that Iv lived in CRS for quite some time, but cannot boast of the amount of info you have got at you have disposal; with regards to the issues on ground, and would sincerely want to 'search' your 'database' for more info. I know its kinda being overtly direct to do this, but it'd be an honour for me to meet someone with such repository of info. especially as conduct this research.

For the purposes of security, I would advice u send a mail to ma email- petejop@yahoo.com.

Thanks in anticipation of speedy reply, as i need to further my research
Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by havezoe(m): 7:39am On Mar 29, 2009
There is a 20 bed-room semi-detached estate in high-brow Calabar,  Fully secured compound, fenced all round, direct access to the main road, two entrances and more. The estate is made up of 3 sections (A, B, C), each apartment in Section A and B has a room and parlour, kitchen, balcony, bathroom and toilet and very spacious interiors. While section C has two bed-rooms each with parlour, kitchen, balcony, bathroom and toilet and very spacious interiors. The compound is large with excess space for all tenants to park their cars and relax outside their apartments. Also, a state of the art bar and laundry is also available and a standby-generator house with constant water from water board and a borehole.

The estate is 85% completed, whats left is just furnishing, every other thing is in place. All the doors, windows, interior tiles and exterior exquisite tiling are in place with long-span roofing.

You need to see and its a Yes!!!

Email: havezoe@gmail.com
Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by chukslist(m): 9:46am On Mar 30, 2009
There is no question about the fact that Calabar is ripe and ready, However, does anybody know the answer to the question(s), How did Calabar get to this point?, How long did it take Calabar to get to this point?, What specific things were put in place to make Calabar so attractive?, What parties were responsible for implementation of these 'things'?, Government?, the people?,

It appears the success in Calabar has been sustained for a reasonable amount of time, where did the committment to sustainance come from?, the Government?, the people?

How can this be duplicated across Nigeria? Esp. in the more rural states?, with the assumption that Calabar was more rural than most other states before this significant turnaround!

How much of this success is owned by, the Government, the people?
Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by insight04: 9:04am On Mar 31, 2009
havezoe:

There is a 20 bed-room semi-detached estate in high-brow Calabar, Fully secured compound, fenced all round, direct access to the main road, two entrances and more. The estate is made up of 3 sections (A, B, C), each apartment in Section A and B has a room and parlour, kitchen, balcony, bathroom and toilet and very spacious interiors. While section C has two bed-rooms each with parlour, kitchen, balcony, bathroom and toilet and very spacious interiors. The compound is large with excess space for all tenants to park their cars and relax outside their apartments. Also, a state of the art bar and laundry is also available and a standby-generator house with constant water from water board and a borehole.

The estate is 85% completed, whats left is just furnishing, every other thing is in place. All the doors, windows, interior tiles and exterior exquisite tiling are in place with long-span roofing.

You need to see and its a Yes!!!

Contact 08028382914
Email: havezoe@gmail.com

Where is the exact location of this mini-estate in Calabar?( Calabar South?,Ekorinim?MCC? 8 Miles?,Marian Rd/Efio Ete axis?,etc,etc) When were the buildings built ? Are you advertising the estate for sale or are you just inviting us to view the splendour of the place?

odical:

Well, I must confess that I stumbled on this forum as I was searching for information. regarding the economic performance of CRS, for my research work, and my word I think its the kind of forum Iv been praying to get into.

@ londoncool; I must confess that Iv lived in CRS for quite some time, but cannot boast of the amount of information you have got at you have disposal; with regards to the issues on ground, and would sincerely want to 'search' your 'database' for more information. I know its kinda being overtly direct to do this, but it'd be an honour for me to meet someone with such repository of information. especially as conduct this research.

For the purposes of security, I would advice u send a mail to ma email- petejop@yahoo.com.

Thanks in anticipation of speedy reply, as i need to further my research
@Odical,

I have sent you an email, you could check on www.crossriverforum.org for more research information.

chukslist:

There is no question about the fact that Calabar is ripe and ready, However, does anybody know the answer to the question(s), How did Calabar get to this point?, How long did it take Calabar to get to this point?, What specific things were put in place to make Calabar so attractive?, What parties were responsible for implementation of these 'things'?, Government?, the people?,

It appears the success in Calabar has been sustained for a reasonable amount of time, where did the committment to sustainance come from?, the Government?, the people?

How can this be duplicated across Nigeria? Esp. in the more rural states?, with the assumption that Calabar was more rural than most other states before this significant turnaround!

How much of this success is owned by, the Government, the people?

The "change" in Calabar is not an overnight success. There are lots of historical antecedants responsible. Calabar was the first capital of pre-colonial Nigeria in 1914; when there were only 4 legislative seats in Nigeria under the 1922 Cliffords Constitution-Lagos had 3 seats while Calabar had 1. Calabar had contact with missionaries since the 18th century which has influenced the way things get done there.

Using the historical antecedants of Calabar,Donald Duke created a brand and decided to market Cross River through Calabar. He developed the Calabar Slave museum, the Old Calabar Residency and the Marina Beach Resort as Tourist sites. He introduced the Calabar Carnival using the rich culture of the people as an annual Tourist affair. He took up lots of debt to construct roads on a pay-as-you-build contract basis with Strabag, thereby opening up so many erstwhile remote parts of Calabar to good feeder roads and high quality road networks; and encapsulated his vision in the Tinapa Business Resort which has finally received the Fed Govt gazette to operate as a Free Trade Zone. Finally he refurbised and marketed the Obudu Mountain Resort (formerly Obudu Cattle Ranch ) as a world class tourist destination.

After all said and done-its the people of Cross River that make the difference. The life-style of the people endears them to all Nigerian over the country so its quite easy for non-indigenes to settle in Calabar,integrate and contribute to the development of the state. Now everyone wants to build a house in Calabar, everyone with a house in Calabar is now converting it to a Hotel (which is the latest goldmine there now) and everyone with a Hotel is thinking of the next business venture to delve in to take advantage of the newly upgraded Cosmopolitan staus of Calabar.

There is an influx of brand new Chrysler and Toyota cars everywhere, the traffic lights and street lights there are much better than that of Lagos and when the Calabar Energy City project gets on the way there would be an independent supply of power outside the national grid . Armed robbers have no pleasure in Calabar as there is only one -route into Calabar (i.e the Odukpani junction which is the intersection between the Calabar/Ikom and Calabar/Itu highways) and its quite easy to cordon them off.
Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by havezoe(m): 8:52am On May 14, 2009
@ Insight 04 - r u interested in the estate or do u have a multinational company that is?
Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by steaming(f): 5:31pm On Sep 29, 2009
m so loving this, i just heard from a colleague how much development is going on in Calabar and i decided to google investments in calabar. I live at abuja but i really want to invest in Calabar but the sector, i am not sure of yet.

pls i wud need some very candid and sincere advice on where to invest. ma mail add: forneze@yahoo.com

@havezoe, ve sent u a mail.
Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by IfeomaN: 10:15pm On Oct 04, 2009
YOU CAN OWN AN INVESTMENT IN THE TINAPA CITY.

Our Client, Ata-Isi Supplies& Services co ltd is offering a limited number of 3-bedroom luxury apartments, 2 rooms semi-detached apartments and 2 bedroom detached bungalows at Ata-Isi River-side Estate , Ikot Offiong Ambai, Government Residential Layout (GRA) Akpabuyo, Calabar, at a cheap price. This estate is less than 10 minutes drive from the Calabar International Airport( margareth ekpo airport) and about 7 minutes drive from Tinapa.

Ata-isi river side estate is the second estate in calabar and is in high demand.Limited no of hours are available.

PRICES:

2 bedroom semi-detached- N4.5m
2 bedroom detached N5.5M
3 bedroom luxury apartment N7M

PAYMENT TERMS.

35% upfront payment and a flexible repayment plan of 65% up to 180 days.

All payments should be made to :

Account name: Ata-Isi Supplies & Services Co. Ltd.
Account No: 6110709607 Zenith bank

Application forms are obtainable from all contact points @N5000

For further inquires please contact:

Ify-08023379557, 07025025175
Ifeoma- 08059030815
victor-08039557451

CARE CONCEPT NIGERIA
Sales/marketing solutions,Innovation,superior effectiveness.
4th flour front wing, suites 402
17/19 allen avenue , ikeja lagos
Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by franko2: 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2009
@ifeoma

Nice one, dont u have plots of land (serviced or otherwise) for sale as well? Some might not be willing to gamble so far as having a house straight away, y'know,
Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by havezoe(m): 8:06am On Nov 19, 2010
franko!:

@ifeoma

Nice one, dont u have plots of land (serviced or otherwise) for sale as well? Some might not be willing to gamble so far as having a house straight away, y'know,

Do you need accommodation in Calabar?
Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by tinsel: 12:07pm On Jan 02, 2011
I am looking for a showroom in a major street in Calabar to rent or lease. Please if you have one, contact me through my email tinselgroup@yahoo.com with details.
Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by havezoe(m): 10:45pm On May 25, 2011
This is a 20 Apartment estate in high-brow Calabar divided into four (5) blocks. Fully secured compound, fenced all round (barb-wired), direct access to the main road, two entrances and more. The estate is made up of 5 sections (A, B, C, D and E) with spacious interiors.

Section A - 4 X 2 bedroom / Sittting room
Section B - 9 X 1 bedroom
Section C - 7 X 1 bedroom / Sitting room
Section D - Restaurant / Bar
Section E - Multi-purpose Hall

Each apartment in Section A has two bedrooms and sitting room, bathroom, toilet, kitchen with spacious balcony / interior. Each apartment in Section B has a bedroom, kitchen, balcony, bathroom and toilet with very spacious interiors. While each apartment in section C has one bed-room and a sitting room with parlor, kitchen, balcony, bathroom and toilet and very spacious interiors. The compound is large with enough space for all tenants to park their cars and relax outside their apartments in the evenings if they choose to. Also, a state of the art restaurant / bar, laundry section and a multi-purpose hall is also available with two (2) standby-generators alongside constant water from water board and a borehole. All the doors, windows, furniture's, interior tiles and exterior exquisite tiling are in place with long-span roofing.

*Preferred Client: Company or Agency ready to lease the whole estate.

Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by LondonCool(m): 1:18pm On Mar 16, 2013
Bump
Re: Calabar (virgin Land) by 1crakdboy(m): 11:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
Jus came accross this thread while i was searching for related information and i must say reading through has been quite helpful. However, i still have a pressing question: pls does anybody know why privatization is still very low in cross river state particularly in the media. Why is there no private radio station in calabar yet? I am thinking of investing in this area but i just need to know what i am dealing with. Please . Help

(1) (2) (Reply)

18 Hectres Of Lagoon Front Land For Sale At Ibeju Lekki. 800k Per Plot / ATIMA DESIGNS Architectural Building Plans Designs In Nigeria / Home Automation Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.