Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Apologies To Mr President by Rudolf Okonkwo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apologies To Mr President by Rudolf Okonkwo (621 Views)

Buhari Apologies To Nigerians Over Fuel Scarcity, Pump Price To Remain At N87 / Sammie Okposo Apologies To Buhari For Saying He Should Be Flogged For Forgery / Rudolf Okonkwo Apologizes To Dora Akunyili, Says He Is An Idiot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apologies To Mr President by Rudolf Okonkwo by dayokanu(m): 11:48pm On Sep 27, 2011
An article from the web

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/column/my-apologies-president-jonathan

Often, I hear you and your friends in high places say that you don’t mind constructive criticism. You ask that we proffer solutions when we criticize. Well, I thought by pointing out the problems we have invariably made the solution obvious. Must we spell it all out?

We say that we are outraged that 469 people in Nigeria ’s National Assembly get paid over N150 million (about $1million)  each every year. That’s about $500 million in total. What does that say to you? Do you need from us a solution on that?

We say that we are mad that the Nigerian government spent $3.2 billion of our money to build Delta Steel Co, that is over N480 billion without factoring in inflation. Later, the same steel company got sold to a company that is a front for Obasanjo for mere $120 million, ie N7.5 billion. What does that say to you? Do you need from us a solution on that?

We say that we are fuming because Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim bought NICON, valued at N50 billion for N1.05 billion. He used equity in the company to borrow N41 billion from Union Bank PLC.  What does that say to you? Do you need from us a solution on that?

We say that we are furious because Theophilus Danjuma made $4.5 billion when he sold to a Chinese corporation 45% share of a company he build around the two oil blocks Gen. Sani Abacha “dashed” him. He said that after paying taxes and taking care of all he could think of, he had $500 million left. To avoid having his children fight over too much money after he’s dead, he used $100 million to set up a Foundation. What does that say to you? Do you need from us a solution on that?

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/column/my-apologies-president-jonathan

We are ready to enjoy your [size=28pt]FRESH AIRRRR[/size]
Re: Apologies To Mr President by Rudolf Okonkwo by dayokanu(m): 11:52pm On Sep 27, 2011
In your swipe at us, you essentially said that while we were busy hating you at home, world leaders were busy extolling you abroad.
[size=18pt]“President Obama commended me,” you said, like a teenager asked out on a date by a cheerleader. Eeyaah![/size]
Maybe I should tell you that President Obama commended me too? And I never met him. I have a letter written and signed by Obama to prove it. In the letter, Obama called me his friend. He even sends me emails every Friday. So what is the big deal?
I noticed that Obama’s commendation wasn’t all that when I discovered that it doesn’t mean a thing to my children. And frankly, I am more interested in what my children think about me than what Obama thinks about me.
Also, I saw the picture of you taking instructions from Hilary Clinton. Her pose was not that of someone commending. It was more of someone commanding. And your pose wasn’t that of a lion or a Pharaoh or an army general. Yours was that of a school boy taking instructions from the headmistress.
You said that you can change Nigeria without being a Nebuchadnezzar. Well, so you know, we don’t care what you are or what you want to become. All that we care about is to see the changes. No need talking. Just show us the change.
Re: Apologies To Mr President by Rudolf Okonkwo by chima2011: 1:13am On Sep 28, 2011
aBEG EASY. Jete jete, Jona is not a king. Not a General. Not Obama. He is only Nigerian President. I de laf grin grin grin
Re: Apologies To Mr President by Rudolf Okonkwo by md4real(m): 1:41am On Sep 28, 2011
dayokanu:

In your swipe at us, you essentially said that while we were busy hating you at home, world leaders were busy extolling you abroad.
[size=18pt]“President Obama commended me,” you said, like a teenager asked out on a date by a cheerleader. Eeyaah![/size]
Maybe I should tell you that President Obama commended me too? And I never met him. I have a letter written and signed by Obama to prove it. In the letter, Obama called me his friend. He even sends me emails every Friday. So what is the big deal?
I noticed that Obama’s commendation wasn’t all that when I discovered that it doesn’t mean a thing to my children. And frankly, I am more interested in what my children think about me than what Obama thinks about me.
Also, I saw the picture of you taking instructions from Hilary Clinton. Her pose was not that of someone commending. It was more of someone commanding. And your pose wasn’t that of a lion or a Pharaoh or an army general. Yours was that of a school boy taking instructions from the headmistress.
You said that you can change Nigeria without being a Nebuchadnezzar. Well, so you know, we don’t care what you are or what you want to become. All that we care about is to see the changes. No need talking. Just show us the change.

(1) (Reply)

Smart SW Nigerian Developer / Has Jonathan Failed On National Security .true Or False / How To Fix Nigeria Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.