Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election (4231 Views)

Fresh Protest Rocks Osogbo Over Unpaid Salaries / Protest Going On In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity : Exclusive Photos / Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by Relax101(m): 1:12am On Sep 28, 2011
Council Poll: Protest Rocks Lagos Over ‘imposition Of Candidates!

By OLASUNKANMI AKONI & IFEANYI OKOLIE
IKEJA—Ahead of the October 22 local government election in Lagos State,  hundreds of aggrieved members of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, yesterday,  stormed the party secretariat in Ogba, Lagos State House of Assembly, Alausa, and took to the major streets in Isolo Local Government Area to protest alleged imposition of candidates.

The state party had, Monday, released the names of candidates to be fielded in the council polls in the 20 local government areas and 37 local council development areas.

The protesters, who accused state party chairman, Chief Henry Ajomale, of not following due process, called on the party’s National Leader, Senator Bola Tinubu, Governor Babatunde Fashola and members of the state assembly to intervene immediately. failing which they would disrupt the polls.

Also, major streets in Isolo LCDA   witnessed massive protest as aggrieved residents, traditional chiefs and politicians stormed the Osolo of Isolo palace to register their grievances.

Market women and men, including traditional cult, popularly known as “Osugbo” trooped to the streets to invoke evil spirits at a junction called “Orita Esu” (devil’s junction) in Isolo with various placards to show their grievances against the imposition of one Shamsudeen Olaleye, against the popular choice of Mojeed Adam as the party’s candidate for the coming council poll.

The protesters, who walked from Isolo Bus- Stop to the palace of Osolo of Isolo, Oba Kabiru Agbabiaka, said the party did not hold primaries but arbitrarily chose Olaleye, the incumbent chairman, as the candidate for the forthcoming election.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/council-poll-protest-rocks-lagos-over-%E2%80%98imposition-of-candidates%E2%80%99/
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by Relax101(m): 1:13am On Sep 28, 2011
All hail the opposition,
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by Beaf: 1:16am On Sep 28, 2011
I posted this thing yesterday and beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeggggged those ACN boyz to come and comment. They just kept dodging it like a very bad bullet! grin

. . .aggrieved members of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, yesterday,  stormed the party secretariat in Ogba
. . .
Market women and men, including traditional cult, popularly known as “Osugbo” [b][size=14pt]trooped to the streets to invoke evil spirits [/size][/b]at a junction called “Orita Esu” (devil’s junction) in Isolo with various placards to show their grievances against the imposition of one Shamsudeen Olaleye, against the popular choice of Mojeed Adam as the party’s candidate for the coming council poll.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by gidson12(m): 8:07am On Sep 28, 2011
lol,
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by RickyRoss1(m): 9:47am On Sep 28, 2011
Beaf:

I posted this thing yesterday and beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeggggged those ACN boyz to come and comment. They just kept dodging it like a very bad bullet! grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!

Dont mind those animals that pretend as if their shit don smell, If it were another tribe or party now dem 4 don dey run their dirty bloated mouths like a loose canon. What a shame
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by doctokwus: 10:32am On Sep 28, 2011
Undemocratic practices by whatever party stands condemned.
ACN has neva blived in d will of its party members,it always blived dat d godfathers of d party av an all knowing persona.If d party continues dis way,it may self destruct,depriving us of a opposition we need
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by PointB: 10:44am On Sep 28, 2011
Relax101:

Council Poll: Protest Rocks Lagos Over ‘imposition Of Candidates!

By OLASUNKANMI AKONI & IFEANYI OKOLIE
IKEJA—Ahead of the October 22 local government election in Lagos State,  hundreds of aggrieved members of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, yesterday,  stormed the party secretariat in Ogba, Lagos State House of Assembly, Alausa, and took to the major streets in Isolo Local Government Area to protest alleged imposition of candidates.

The state party had, Monday, released the names of candidates to be fielded in the council polls in the 20 local government areas and 37 local council development areas.

The protesters, who accused state party chairman, Chief Henry Ajomale, of not following due process, called on the party’s National Leader, Senator Bola Tinubu, Governor Babatunde Fashola and members of the state assembly to intervene immediately. failing which they would disrupt the polls.

Also, major streets in Isolo LCDA   witnessed massive protest as aggrieved residents, traditional chiefs and politicians stormed the Osolo of Isolo palace to register their grievances.

Market women and men, including traditional cult, popularly known as “Osugbo” trooped to the streets to invoke evil spirits at a junction called [size=18pt]“Orita Esu” (devil’s junction)[/size] in Isolo with various placards to show their grievances against the imposition of one Shamsudeen Olaleye, against the popular choice of Mojeed Adam as the party’s candidate for the coming council poll.

The protesters, who walked from Isolo Bus- Stop to the palace of Osolo of Isolo, Oba Kabiru Agbabiaka, said the party did not hold primaries but arbitrarily chose Olaleye, the incumbent chairman, as the candidate for the forthcoming election.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/council-poll-protest-rocks-lagos-over-%E2%80%98imposition-of-candidates%E2%80%99/

Devil worshipers, my goodness in 21st century? grin grin grin

@topic
Trouble in ACN paradise happens when the electorates refuse to be taken for a ride. ACN should stop this fraudulent practice and allow for internal democracy!
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by hbrednic: 10:59am On Sep 28, 2011
RASCALS IN ACTION cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 28, 2011
It's not only ACN angry

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/28782-lagos-council-poll-pdp-aspirants-protest-imposition-of-candidates

Lagos council poll: PDP aspirants protest imposition of candidates

| Print | E-mail
Tuesday, 27 September 2011
Ahead of the forthcoming elections into local government and local council development areas, aspirants in the Lagos State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are protesting alleged plans to impose candidates on the party

To ventilate their anger, some of the aspirants, on Monday, protested plans by some forces within the party to impose candidates, especially in Alimosho Local Government Area and its five other LCDAs.

Party members, numbering over 500, carried placards with various inscriptions, urging the PDP leadership in the local government and the state to allow direct primaries to pick their preferred candidates.

Specifically, they accused the local government chapter of the party of showing preference for non-members at the expense of members, with the protesting members stating that they would vote against the party if transparency was not observed in the process of picking candidates.

Speaking on behalf of others, a chairmanship aspirant for Agbado-Oke-Odo LCDA, Alhaja Tawa Oyebamiji-Bakare, said the leadership of the party in the local government had decided to flout PDP’s rules on selection of candidates, by hand picking standard-bearers.

Also, non-indigenes, on Monday, protested attempts by some highly placed leaders to exclude them and their candidates from participating in the forthcoming polls.
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by saydfact(m): 1:09pm On Sep 28, 2011

[size=18pt]IMAGINE ![/size] , CALLING ON THE CHIEF - IMPOSER to help you stop HIS OWN IMPOSITIONS , Like telling a thieve to stop a thieve from stealing,

lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by dayokanu(m): 3:26pm On Sep 28, 2011
They can move to a more democratic PDP

ACN imposes candidates, live with it or ship out
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by PointB: 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2011
^^^

[i]Protecting [/i]your own. grin grin grin
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by Demdem(m): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2011
Activa:

It's not only ACN angry

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/28782-lagos-council-poll-pdp-aspirants-protest-imposition-of-candidates

Lagos council poll: PDP aspirants protest imposition of candidates

| Print | E-mail
Tuesday, 27 September 2011
Ahead of the forthcoming elections into local government and local council development areas, aspirants in the Lagos State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are protesting alleged plans to impose candidates on the party

To ventilate their anger, some of the aspirants, on Monday, protested plans by some forces within the party to impose candidates, especially in Alimosho Local Government Area and its five other LCDAs.

Party members, numbering over 500, carried placards with various inscriptions, urging the PDP leadership in the local government and the state to allow direct primaries to pick their preferred candidates.

Specifically, they accused the local government chapter of the party of showing preference for non-members at the expense of members, with the protesting members stating that they would vote against the party if transparency was not observed in the process of picking candidates.

Speaking on behalf of others, a chairmanship aspirant for Agbado-Oke-Odo LCDA, Alhaja Tawa Oyebamiji-Bakare, said the leadership of the party in the local government had decided to flout PDP’s rules on selection of candidates, by hand picking standard-bearers.

Also, non-indigenes, on Monday, protested attempts by some highly placed leaders to exclude them and their candidates from participating in the forthcoming polls.

Do you mind those clowns grin grin grin grin
Oro pesi je !!!!!!
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2011
dayokanu:

They can move to a more democratic PDP

ACN imposes candidates, live with it or ship out

This is pathetic. If someone does that to u wold accept? Its a pity u guys never wants to be objective for ones. U see every good and evil done by ACN as good? smdh
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by dayokanu(m): 7:45pm On Sep 28, 2011
ACN imposes candidates.

If you are not cool with it go to parties who dont impose.

Its what the party does, So why complain? You can join another party if you dont like ACN's ways
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by Relax101(m): 11:32pm On Sep 28, 2011
^^^^ What do you mean by imposition?
Will you allow someone to impose a candidate in an election you feel you will win? Haba.
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by dayokanu(m): 11:52pm On Sep 28, 2011
I am not okay with it I would simply move to another party that doesnt or would not impose candidates on me.

Fashola, Aregbesola, Ajimobi, Amosun, Fayemi, Bisi AKande etc are all products of imposition
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by Relax101(m): 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2011
Hahaaha, talk is cheap jare. We shouldnt support evil.
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by Beaf: 12:01am On Sep 29, 2011
dayokanu:

ACN imposes candidates.

If you are not cool with it go to parties who dont impose.

Its what the party does, So why complain? You can join another party if you dont like ACN's ways

That is primitive enough, but much worse is that they engage each other with evil spirits and summon Lucifer in vengeful primordial political gang wars like a set of tree-top dwellers in these modern times. Its very deeply embarrassing. embarassed

. . .[size=14pt]hundreds of aggrieved members of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN[/size], yesterday,  stormed the party secretariat in Ogba, Lagos State House of Assembly, Alausa, and took to the major streets in Isolo Local Government Area to protest alleged imposition of candidates.
. . .
women and men, including traditional cult, popularly known as “Osugbo” [size=14pt]trooped to the streets to invoke evil spirits at a junction called “Orita Esu” (devil’s junction)[/size] in Isolo with various placards to show their grievances against the imposition of one Shamsudeen Olaleye, against the popular choice of Mojeed Adam as the party’s candidate for the coming council poll.

No!
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by dayokanu(m): 12:11am On Sep 29, 2011
Beaf:

That is primitive enough, but much worse is that they engage each other with evil spirits and summon Lucifer in vengeful primordial political gang wars like a set of tree-top dwellers in these modern times. Its very deeply embarrassing. embarassed

No!

Bros eeeeeeee. Tuale for you.
\
Primitive or not primitive, If e pain you soo much go and join AGIP political Party aka PDP

Shebi Bros Retardeen say he don confuse. Confusion break bone ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh

Retardeen dey confuse like his MEND brothers

I laff in FRESHH AIRRRRR

See me dey laff for hiaaaa. Lafta wan bend small pikin for waist

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by slaughter(m): 6:27am On Sep 29, 2011
@ beef
the spirit that rules any election all over d world is d spirit of the devil,so what is wrong in invoking d devil to take control of his own business angry angry
@ relaax 101
ACN is not a democratic party right from its formation,it does not belive in primaries,Bisi Akande once said on TV i quote "our party ACN does not belive in primaries and if u do not support this please leave the party and join another one "so, those in d party knows this so why are they complaining
my opinion
1) PPLE shd pray that the spirit of God  shd take control of election allover d world,that is why GENUINE men of God dont move close 2 politics because it is the devils business.
2)ACN as a party wil die in Lagos after Fashola and d only party that can take over from them is PDP on one condition, that is if they are SERIOUS because 4 now they are not showing any seriousness
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by leleri: 2:48pm On Sep 29, 2011
olurunda local gov in badagry, the chairman inflated contracts, he sends thugs everywhere, uncompleted projects are been paid for in full , no good road, no water , no good health care delivery system, now they have picked the guy for 2nd term.

na wa o
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by PointB: 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2011
leleri:

olurunda local gov in badagry, the chairman inflated contracts, he sends thugs everywhere, uncompleted projects are been paid for in full , no good road, no water , no good health care delivery system, now they have picked the guy for 2nd term.

na wa o

Don't worry, I can assure you ACN know what they are doing, your concern in not relevant. If you dont like it, leave the party, or dont vote for their candidate! grin
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by leleri: 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2011
POINTB

Its quite unfortunate, anyway i will leave u 2 run ur mouth.

If ACN maintains people like the olorunda LG chairman in their party then there is a problem, bloody illiterate who cant even speak one correct sentence how much more deliver good governance and dividend of democracy

Surulere LGA presently the vice chairman of LG is the party's candidate, the man who collected 40m contract to renovate the council, the contract was never done.

Ward E1 in Surulere there you have a danfo driver as the councillorship candidate all because the sister is the party's national woman leader brother when u have better qualified candidate than dis man .

we are watching Ajomale.
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by PointB: 10:54pm On Sep 29, 2011
leleri:

POINTB

Its quite unfortunate, anyway i will leave u 2 run your mouth.

If ACN maintains people like the olorunda LG chairman in their party then there is a problem, bloody illiterate who cant even speak one correct sentence how much more deliver good governance and dividend of democracy

Surulere LGA presently the vice chairman of LG is the party's candidate, the man who collected 40m contract to renovate the council, the contract was never done.

Ward E1 in Surulere there you have a danfo driver as the councillorship candidate all because the sister is the party's national woman leader brother when u have better qualified candidate than dis man .

we are watching Ajomale.

Sorry you did not get my sarcasm. The point I am trying to raise is that ACN is no better than the PDP they seek to replace. In the actual fact, PDP is even much better as far as internal democracy is concerned. The bottomline is that, Nigeria has no serious ideology when it comes to parties. Parties are basically platform for grabbing power not promoting ideology, nor guaranteeing good governance. Vote the individual that you believe will better satisfy your needs, avoid voting for parties, until ideologies becomes the order of the day!

Hope you are clearer now?
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by bashr8: 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2012
WOW so this is actualy ACN style of democracy
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by 9jaIhail(m): 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2012
Demdem:

Do you mind those clowns grin grin grin grin
Oro pesi je !!!!!!

I am totally disappointed in you today man.I usually look at you as someone with political manifesto but with this type of comment i am now sconvinced that you won't be better than Tinubu or bankole,i was thinking you are the only detribalized political minded person on this forum now you have proven to me and the rest of the world that you are tribalistic politician wannabe.Man Nairaland has nothing in this political section.
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by Demdem(m): 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

I am totally disappointed in you today man.I usually look at you as someone with political manifesto but with this type of comment i am now sconvinced that you won't be better than Tinubu or bankole,i was thinking you are the only detribalized political minded person on this forum now you have proven to me and the rest of the world that you are tribalistic politician wannabe.Man Nairaland has nothing in this political section.

My friend, be disappointed in ursef. Someone posted a topic suggesting imposition is meant for ACN and i supported a motion that tends to suggest that the problem isnt an ACN issue alone but cut across all parties in the country (though not of the same level)and now u think am for ACN by that position of urs.
Abegii think whatever.
also to add more injury to ur dissapointment, i dont like ACN as a party(though i prefer them to the killer party) but i appreciate the efforts of Asiwaju Tinubu in our present democratic process. Now go kill ursef. Nonsense
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by 9jaIhail(m): 5:04pm On Jun 14, 2012
Demdem:

My friend, be disappointed in ursef. Someone posted a topic suggesting imposition is meant for ACN and i supported a motion that tends to suggest that the problem isnt an ACN issue alone but cut across all parties in the country (though not of the same level)and now u think am for ACN by that position of urs.
Abegii think whatever.
also to add more injury to ur dissapointment, i dont like ACN as a party(though i prefer them to the killer party) but i appreciate the efforts of Asiwaju Tinubu in our present democratic process. Now go kill ursef. Nonsense

You displayed more of your low life in a public forum.Well this is a good eyes opener atleast for we to know who is who. nonses
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by Demdem(m): 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

You displayed more of your low life in a public forum.Well this is a good eyes opener atleast for we to know who is who. nonses

Shut it please. U got it wrong and immediately went offensive, now u decide to raise those soiled hands of urs as holy. what do u expect? If u cant apologise now that u know where my stance is then kiss ma asss. I even never knew before now that u exist anyway
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by 9jaIhail(m): 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2012
Demdem:

Shut it please. U got it wrong and immediately went offensive, now u decide to raise those soiled hands of urs as holy. what do u expect? If u cant apologise now that u know where my stance is then kiss ma asss. I even never knew before now that u exist anyway

This is a wake up call for everyone on this forum to see that your campaign against Good Luck Jonathan was out of hatred and tribalistic.With your stand on this topic indicate your mindset and your main disappointment in this current Nigeria Government is just because one of your political thief masters failed to climbed the throne of Aso Rock,now you resolved to pour out your anger on GEJ, discrediting whatever he does wether good or bed.Look my friend it will do you no good to continue living in deceipt and Godfatherism.Initially i thought you are a detribalized human in terms of politics of Nigeria i never knew you have hidden agenda.You are so much hurt because your regional party ACN could not make it to aso rock or your thienubu whom you are bold enough to say he can do better than GEJ could not make it,i am now convinced that you will soon come here to tell us that aregboshola or bode george or bankole etc can make a better President than Gej just because they are your tribe men.Son you can hide everything but not real you no matter how long you hide your self one day whom you are will surely surface,i am glad that this topic did well by exposing your selfishness and irrelevant hatered towards Gej.I am not saying him GEJ is saint but thienubu your disappointed mentor cannot stand him.Look i am one of those Nigerians who stood their ground that if the rullers of this country does not want to change i will never vote for any one of them,since my life i never vote and i never collected money from any candidate and i maintain my stand,please do us all a favor and apologise to GEJ for carrying out foolish and evil campaign against him just for the sake of your selfish interest and tribalism.I pity you son pretenders can't hide forever man.
Re: Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election by Demdem(m): 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2012
[b]^^^^

Another member of the killer party from the SS/SE on the prowl (ur words have given u up easily grin grin) . U guys are easily known for ur lies and deceit. I challenged u to prove all what u wrote up there. So because u hate Tinubu, i should do likewise right? grin grin grin and this explains the Nonsense u wrote. Honestly u are very daft.

For the records, i am proud to say that i never supported the retardeen last yr elections because of the singular fact that he failed miserably as a governor of Bayelsa (i know this because i have been based in the ND for close to a decade now) and not because of any ethnic or tribal card u are trying to play. my belief was and still is the retardeen has been tested with a lower calling and he failed so why should i support his request for a higher calling. To Non-dumbs, that is logical enough and a more than a good reason. Its not a matter of ethnicity. The bulk of my friends now are based here in ND and many know the truth. like i said in another thread, i dont hate the retardeen, i simply hate what he stands for which is the continuation of the staus quo as against the transformation agenda he promised.

For the last election, i prefferd the Buhari candidature and not even ACN because i strongly believe it was our best bet for now and of cos i have a right to that no matter what.

As for Tinubu, i stand by my position, tinubu thief this, he rob that, cocaine pusher etc all allegations as far as i am concerned and as long as this fellow is yet to sleep in cell for at least a day then i still hold him in high esteem. i had expected he would be jailed during the CCB tribunal but alas the Govt lawyers were ridiculed and disgraced leaving Tinubu to majestically leave the court room unscathed.Infact we need more of his in this country as at today. ur hatred for him wont stop me from appreciating all his efforts in our present democratic setting and i simply cant do anything about ur hatred, i just hope it wont kill u one of these days.

Does this mean i support ACN as a party? of cos not but i obviously preffered them to the killer party (PDP) like i have earlier stated. My sustenance isnt from ACN, dont even know any from there because like i said i am based here in ND.

I cant stop u to use ur mouth anyway u deem fit, i just hope and pray it wont lead u to an everlasting destruction one of these days. Iidiot.

So Mr man, say whatever,
[/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Firm To Invest $1.5bn In Enugu Coal Plant / Picture Of The Serene Biafra Embassy Office In Spain / Photo Emerges Of Jacob Zuma Allegedly Beating A Foreigner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.