Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

The Last Days Of Nyesom Wike - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Last Days Of Nyesom Wike (138 Views)

Between Nyesom Wike And Ifeanyi Okowa / Last Days On Earth Game V1.7.2 Mega Mod.apk + OBB File (no Root) - Download Here / Atiku Is Playing His Last Days In Politics – Prophet Ekong Ituen’s Prophecies Fo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Last Days Of Nyesom Wike by KingsleyOnwuka1(m): 8:37pm On May 23, 2023
Today is 23rd May 2023, and from today it's exactly 6 days remaining for Gov. Nyesom Wike as governor of Rivers State. The saying is true that whatever has a beginning also has an end. I imagine Wike out of power, out of office as governor of Rivers State. All the flurry of cacophony of psycophancy about and around Nysom Wike in Rivers State will cease and shift to the next man, Siminialayi Fubara. That is the nature of politics in Nigeria anyway.

8 years of Nyesom Wike as governor of Rivers State have been quite eventful. At some times it would seem like the governor was intoxicated by power. But it is natural, power is like alcohol, it is natural to be intoxicated when you take alcohol, so it is is natural to be intoxicated when you have power, especially when the power is a hard-fought achievement.

Wike, in my estimation summarily, has done well as governor of Rivers State in the area he obviously chose as his priority area of action: Physical Infrastructure. At least talking about roads, I live in Rivers State and I know how many roads were very bad prior to the Wike Administration, and almost all of those roads have been fixed today by the government of Wike. Examples are: Rumuosi-Ozuoba road, Ozuoba-Ogbogoro road, Egbelu-St. Johns road, Aluu-Rumuekini road, Aluu-Omagwa road, Mbodo-Airport road, Omuahunwo-Boundary road, Omuokiri-Omuoko-Omuihuechi-Uniport road, Alakakahia-Rumualogu road, many internal roads in Choba, many internal roads in Omagwa; these are just the roads that I know and pass through, not to talk about the ones I don't know.
The many flyovers in Port Harcourt are giving the city a facelift, and more importantly making movement in the city easy. We no longer experience heart-aching holdup at places notorious for holdup in the city of Port Harcourt; places such as Wimpey by Ada-George, Location, Tank, even Rumuola and other sections of Aba Road.
So in the aspect of Physical Infrastructure Wike has done very well and deserves commendation.

There are two things I would like His Excellency to do before he hands over in the next 6 days:
1. As he has decided to carry out employment into the state civil service before leaving, he should do it well and leave a good reputation about it. The recruitment process should be transparent and largely merit-based, even if some people could get the employment based on political compensation, most people should get it based on merit. It is not good for unemployed people to spend the little they have in cyber cafes to process the application online and at the the end of the day it doesn't look like anyone is getting the job on merit.

2. I will like His Excellency to give a hand of support to the church opposite his house, the Carpenter's Church. The church has been on that construction project for a very long time now, and the governor sees it everyday right opposite his house. If I were Wike, for the fact that I'm fortunate to become governor of the state and the church is fortunate to be located right opposite my personal house, I would not allow the church to continue to struggle with that construction project while I've been privileged to pass through the fortunes of government for eight years. For posterity sake the governor should be hugely charitable to that particular church by either engaging a construction company to complete the building project for them, or by giving them the money to do it themselves. It is not bad for a government to support a religious organization especially when it has to do with a tangible meaningful project.

I will miss Wike as governor of Rivers State. And I can't wait to see how Sim Fubara will take actions as the next governor of the state, because for now his level of quietness is just amazing.

1 Like

Re: The Last Days Of Nyesom Wike by STARGREEN(m): 8:39pm On May 23, 2023
He did well in terms of road and few other infrastructures
Re: The Last Days Of Nyesom Wike by Blackazuma99(m): 8:53pm On May 23, 2023
Wike name will forever be mentioned in the history books as one of the best Governors Rivers State have ever produced.

*In terms of social infrastructure he is good.
*In terms of security ( Rivers State is one of the safest State in Nigeria )
*Education
*ICT
*Agriculture
*Youth empowerment he is the best because 3 of my family members are now working in the state civil service commission including me
*when I lost my dad 2021 wike supported my family like never before .

That's why i didn't waste my vote on any other candidates, myself and majority of people in my local government will support wike even though its he's third and fourth tenure
God bless wike
God bless sim fubara
God bless Bola Ahmed Tinubu
God bless Rivers State (the treasure base of the nation)
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Navigating Love And Career: Complexities Of Building & Sustaining Equilibrium / National Ibere Youth’s Association Congratulates Miss. CHINAZA NDUBUISI EBU On / Performance I Enjoyed Most At Renewed Hope Concert - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.