Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens (6613 Views)

Okorocha Has Abandoned Imo For His Son-in-law, He Should Resign – Onuegbu / DHQ: Military Captures Arms Caches Abandoned By Fleeing Boko Haram / Breaking news: Army Have Taken Over Aba! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by aloyemeka1: 1:55am On Sep 28, 2011
[size=14pt]Aliens take over abandoned apartments in Lagos[/size]
By Kunle Falayi
Tuesday, 27 Sep 2011

One of the buildings being occupied by the aliens

People living in Shogunro Estate in Ogba, Ikeja area of Lagos have raised the alarm over some aliens who inhabit abandoned blocks of residence in the estate.

Most of the aliens suspected to be illegal, PUNCH METRO findings revealed, are from Niger Republic, Chad and Mali.

When our correspondent visited the estate said to have been built in the 1970s, it was learnt that blocks 20, 24, 10 and 11, which are deteriorating due to neglect, now serve as homes to the aliens whose number is estimated to be 400.

Some residents said they believed that incessant robberies, rapes and harassment, in the area were perpetrated by the aliens.

“We don’t know the kind of jobs they do. They loiter in this area all through the night. We are always on the alert to see if we would catch anyone of them in any criminal act,” one of the residents, Mr. Quadri Idowu, told our correspondent.

It was gathered that the old Ogba Grammar School beside the estate, which has been abandoned since the relocation of the school due to flooding, had also become a home to many of the aliens.

Another resident of Block 8, Mr. Tajudeen Ijaopo, whose mobile phone and laptop were stolen when he was returning from work about 10.30pm in August, said he was convinced that the crime was carried out by some of the aliens.

Ijaopo said, “They spoke a language that sounded like Hausa. The three of them that attacked me were very young but I could tell they would not hesitate to injure me if I did not give them what they wanted.

“After they robbed me, they ran into the bush. When I called neighbours and told them what happened, nobody could go after them because we knew it would be suicidal to go into the abandoned blocks in search of them.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109270195514
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by aloyemeka1: 2:15am On Sep 28, 2011

Walahi, No Nigerian can afford to abandon a property that looks this good.
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by ektbear: 2:43am On Sep 28, 2011
Tear down the abandoned properties, auction off the land and deport the aliens
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by arsenefc: 2:51am On Sep 28, 2011
Tear down a property that is still standing and is just as good as the others around it? Auction off a private property and deport aliens who most likely would come back in no time? . . . Brilliant idea!

Too many demented intellectuals on NL grin. No idea whatsoever about what they are talking about. Very unrealistic ideas!

Please let America stay in America and let us, Nigerians, do our thing OUR WAY (Humanely, commonsensically, and most important, NAIJA-LY grin)
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by ektbear: 3:04am On Sep 28, 2011
1) At the very least we know from the OP's post the properties are deteriorating. Perhaps you are right, that they don't need to be pulled down. Anyway, the state can make that decision.

2) In most locales I know of, if property remains abandoned and neglected for a long time, then the state will take control of it and sell it off.

3) All nations that I know of, upon finding illegal aliens causing crime in their country look to repatriate them (or jail them.) Then again, that you are residing in a reasonable nation like the US doesn't mean you have the ability to reason yourself. Imagine, you being against the very policies that have allowed your adopted country to thrive! Kind of an amusing irony there.

4) Why aren't you back in Nigeria doing things in your "NAIJA-LY" way? Put your money, livelihood and future where your fat mouth is, rather than running away from "OUR WAY." Or perhaps doing things "OUR WAY" is what has led Nigeria into this whole mess? Only a mad man keeps doing the same thing over and over again but expects different results.

May God one day rescue Nigeria from buffoons like Fstranger. IJN, amen.
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by Akanbiedu(m): 8:24am On Sep 28, 2011
arsenefc:

Tear down a property that is still standing and is just as good as the others around it? Auction off a private property and deport aliens who most likely would come back in no time? . . . Brilliant idea!

Too many demented intellectuals on NL grin. No idea whatsoever about what they are talking about. Very unrealistic ideas!

Please let America stay in America and let us, Nigerians, do our thing OUR WAY (Humanely, commonsensically, and most important, NAIJA-LY grin)

Have you considered the fact that this may constitute a security breach to the people around the building at all? Wonder why we are so complacent as a people.
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 28, 2011
Lol, I been think say na this type una been dey talk:

[img]http://2.bp..com/_qVrp5_kFKeU/TUIgKi3wSrI/AAAAAAAAAEE/KtHl4mrV-kY/s1600/alien-10.jpg[/img].

Got me really really interested sad.
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by aloyemeka1: 11:44am On Sep 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

Tear down the abandoned properties, auction off the land and deport the aliens
In your country they tear down houses like this?. Stop making mouth abeg because you and I know that a house like this in Ajegunle is like kings palace.
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by N101: 12:05pm On Sep 28, 2011
Richfella:

[img]http://2.bp..com/_qVrp5_kFKeU/TUIgKi3wSrI/AAAAAAAAAEE/KtHl4mrV-kY/s1600/alien-10.jpg[/img].

grin grin Me too  grin grin
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by lawma(m): 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2011
aloy/emeka:

In your country they tear down houses like this?. Stop making mouth abeg because you and I know that a house like this in Ajegunle is like kings palace.
when was the last time u hav being to Ajegunle always say wht u know
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by Princek12(m): 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2011
This story makes no sense to me. Irrespective of the physical condition of the building, is the author saying that former residents or the owners of the building actually abandoned a building like this in Lagos? I doubt if anyone will ever abandon any apartment complex in Lagos. It just does not sound plausible.
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:28pm On Sep 28, 2011
Who cares if the building has been abandoned for centuries, the fact that it presently houses miscreants and probably Boko Haram candidates is reason enough for me to tear-gas the Mfkers blind. Lagos should start some immigrant law to prevent unskilled and violent bokoed-looking people from taking up residence in Lagos grin
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by kombats: 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2011
N101:

grin grin Me too  grin grin
lwkmd me 2 ooo think say district 9 na true
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by hackney(m): 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2011
Richfella:

Lol,
That kind one go live for that kind place?
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by basadenet: 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2011
Richfella:

Where the hell does this thing come from? Somalia or Bangladesh?
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by Ninilowo(m): 9:44pm On Sep 28, 2011
Sitting on a keg of gun powder! These boko haram are strategising, by the time they are ready for action it will be terrible. the residents of the area should swing to action and eject these alliens. i dey shout ooo!!!!!!
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by Horus(m): 10:59pm On Sep 28, 2011
Why do you call them aliens?, are they not human beings like yourself?
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by ektbear: 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2011
Horus:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/alien
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by aloyemeka1: 12:12am On Sep 29, 2011
Horus:

Because they are Igbos and Ijaws.  tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by tpia5: 3:14am On Sep 29, 2011
The property might be under dispute or inheritance issues.

Either thát or the owner might be late and the family doesnt know he owns that place.

Again, the owner in question might be overseas?
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by tpia5: 3:15am On Sep 29, 2011
Its rather unusual to hear of abandoned property in lagos.
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by swaggerboi2011: 3:25am On Sep 29, 2011
mtcheew
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by otiigba1(m): 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2011
swaggerboi2011:

mtcheew
more mtcheeeeeeew!!
Re: Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens by daroz(m): 8:34pm On Sep 29, 2011
aloy/emeka:

That should be boko harram Lagos State Headquarters. Fashola should act fast b4 they strike.

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Hits Back At OBIDIENT / North Sustained Nigeria Economically Before Oil Was Discovered - Ango Abdullahi / Federal Government Of North (FGN) Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.