Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims (3740 Views)

List Of 12 States Prone To Flood In 2015 - Agency Report / Governor Obi Evacuating Flood Victims (Pictures) / Oshiomole In A Canoe Helping Flood Victims: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by aloyemeka1: 2:12am On Sep 28, 2011
[size=14pt]Akala faults Ajimobi on relief materials to Ibadan flood victims[/size]
Ajimobi calls him a nuisance; ACN calls him a hater.
on SEPTEMBER 27, 2011 · in NEWS

BY OLA AJAYI
IBADAN—IMMEDIATE past Governor of Oyo State, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala has faulted the efforts of his successor at bringing succour to the victims of the 26 August flood that ravaged Ibadan, the state capital.

Akala, through his spokesman, Prince Dotun Oyelade said the arrangement put in place by Governor Ajimobi was shabby, haphazard and self-serving.

He said, in the statement that many of those who were directly affected by the flood disaster were either sidelined  or unattended to as a result of an alleged obvious disconnect and clumsy management of the huge resources made available to Government by well-meaning groups and individuals.

“Though, both the Federal and State Governments and many corporate bodies had made generous donations financially and materially to Oyo State Government to alleviate the sufferings of the victims,” he said, one clear month after the disaster, many of the victims were still being deprived of material succour.

But Senator Ajimobi reacted through his party, Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, describing the allegation of the former governor as a “feast of nuisance” urging the people not to forget that this same self-imposed “critic” only yesterday ran one of the most disastrous administrations in the history of mankind.

ACN, through its Publicity Secretary, Matthew Oyedokun said  Alao-Akala must have been gauging the Ajimobi government with the indices of his woeful performance in office, stating that the current government is one of the most transparent in the history of governance in the state.

The ACN said the former governor Alao-Akala must have been blinded by hate not to have seen or read the various commendations given to the state government for its world-class humanitarian gesture to the victims of the flood disaster, stating that if what Alao-Akala expected was a fraudulent distribution of relief materials, he must have been shocked and hence his tantrums.

Mr. Oyedokun said that relief materials like beds, food items, money and clothes were given directly as they came to the victims, stating that shortly, the government would publish the names of all who donated money and materials in the aid of the victims.

The party said that by now, the regularity of Alao-Akala’s unprecedented nuisance, while pretending to be the people’s ombudsman, must have been clear to all and sundry as either extreme frustration at losing what he thought was a life-long inheritance or the desire to play the role of the proverbial evil rat which believed that, rather than fail to get a bite of the tray of cowpeas, it would pour the whole tray away.

established any form of register for the victims from which any scientific verification can be done, thus leaving a wide room for manipulations of different sorts.

He called for a public account of the minute-by-minute donations in cash and materials and a prompt change of strategy in the distribution of relief materials to our brothers and sisters who are in need.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by BigB11(m): 3:21am On Sep 28, 2011
Mr. Akala, why not just grab bleaching cream and do what you do best? Stop this f00lishness, you're contradicting everything you stand for and looking very bad out there.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by BigB11(m): 3:27am On Sep 28, 2011
And Ajimobi also needs to come correct and focus more on serving those people that have elected him to the office. Sitting like a sack of beans in the middle of court room in Abuja makes him look like a sycophant and not a leader with quality attributes.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by EkoIle1: 3:50am On Sep 28, 2011
Big B1:

And Ajimobi also needs to come correct and focus more on serving those people that have elected him to the office.

Lying is evil,

Ajimobi challenges senators to raise help for Oyo over Ibadan flood

Solomon commended Ajimobi for his quick response and management of the tragic incident by providing relief materials and reconstructing some collapsed bridges as well as initiating plans to avert a re occurrence.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/20681-ajimobi-challenges-senators-to-raise-help-for-oyo-over-ibadan-flood.html

Are you not tire of spinning the same shameful and foolish tales all over the place like degenerated and repetitive clown?

If the man is not serving his people, it's up to the the same people to do something about it, not you dummies on NL.

You are even yet to show us how the people of Oyo state are mad and demonstrating against the governor and his actions.

This is obviously your own personal ignorance and headache.

Get a life or just kill yourself.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by EkoIle1: 3:58am On Sep 28, 2011
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by rimms(m): 4:20am On Sep 28, 2011
posted by Ekoile

I no get book oooooo

I no get show ooooo

I no get school bag ooooo

I no be elephant oooo

I no be dog ooooo

I no be general oooo

I no be Obama oooo

I no be Goliath oooo

Obama praise me ooo

United Nation like me ooo

I be nobody ooooo

I be mumu oooo

I be Odechukwu oooo

I know boko haram, but I'm too scared to lift a finger oooo

I be weak and incompetent punk oooo

Na madam umbrella dey run the country oooo

Ne madam Umblerra shake hand and do meeting for UN ooooo

I just tanda like mumu as usual while madam umbrella push me comot from plane to handle business oooo

Wetin I go do now ooooooo00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000

lmao

What is this? Are you kidding me? Are you serious? Wow!
I mean, I knew something was wrong, but didn't know it was this bad. For real, a part time job won't be a bad idea.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 28, 2011
And so Mr Akala rants on, Mr Bleach should just hush already.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by Realtol(m): 9:08am On Sep 28, 2011
what am i failing to see?
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by Gbenge77(m): 10:07am On Sep 28, 2011
This Akala guy no dey shame
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by Greenslim: 10:15am On Sep 28, 2011
Akala is forming personal opposition.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 28, 2011
Greenslim:

Akala is forming personal opposition.
No be him fault since EFCC,ICPC and CCB refused to do their job.Akala should be in kirikiri by now.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by homerac7: 11:36am On Sep 28, 2011
the role of the proverbial evil rat which believed that, rather than fail to get a bite of the tray of cowpeas, it would pour the whole tray away.

= kaka ki eku ma je sese, a fi se awadanu ni

Yoruba language is magnificently rich wink wink smiley smiley
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by mustspin: 12:01pm On Sep 28, 2011
na wah o, akala don turn local observer cum dey publish his rubbish. i tot by now dis guy should know better than levelling allegations without proves. must be really frustated from sit down look. d guy is just trying to stay in d news.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by aloyemeka1: 12:04pm On Sep 28, 2011
Big B1:

Mr. Akala, why not just grab bleaching cream and do what you do best? Stop this f00lishness, you're contradicting everything you stand for and looking very bad out there.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-k3F_P80Ir3s/TcrG7J85vPI/AAAAAAAAC0M/XTvBsfEgK5k/s1600/fa.jpg[/img]
Dr Alao Akala

Ajimobi refused to share bleaching creams properly to the victims of the flood including Alao Akala and it is paining him so badly.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by daphil: 12:57pm On Sep 28, 2011
As for me I do not see anything wrong in opposition. Infact it's healthier for our democracy. I can see people here saying that people have not started complaining. Must OYSG wait until then before doing the necesssary? That will too disastrous! Let Ajimobi learn from his predecessors' past mistakes. He should also be wise enough to sieve every petition and make amend where necessary. Abeg do not blame Akala, he is also a stakeholder. Lol
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by deluxecad(m): 1:23pm On Sep 28, 2011
Akala should just stay the 4ck away from this new government, he couldn't have done any better.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by Anvaller: 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2011
~Bluetooth:

No be him fault since EFCC,ICPC and CCB refused to do their job.Akala should be in kirikiri by now.

Are u aware that EFCC can't draw any allegation against anyone if no petition is filed from either the govt, group or an individual You should have put the blame on Ajimobi who until this moment is still yet to file a petition against Akala despite even being part of his campaign promises so much so that it was generally believed by the ppl of the state that Akala would be heading straight to Agodi prison as soon as he signed out as the governor of the state, it's a different thing if Ajimobi filed a petition and EFCC refused to act on it. It shouldn't be very difficult for Ajimobi to petition Akala who is believed to be so corrupt.

I don't need a soothsayer to know that these guys are another bunch of thieves in another package strictly for the consumption of the same target group (the helpless masses)
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by bisiaet: 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2011
Akala again? Cant this man just relax and keep off for a while?
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by Depilot(m): 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2011
Akala is definitely not my cup of tea.
But what do you guys expect from him? This is nothing but pure politics; right or wrong, Akala is doing what a good politician suppose to be doing.
This is Ibadan people we are talking about. It doesn't take much to turn them against anything. These are the same people that made it clear during last election that no 2 terms governor in Ibadan and that was exactly what happened. These are the same people that worshiped and followed Adedibu until he died. One has to be careful dealing with this group of people, they play a totally different ball game. They are not Lagos people and definitely not Ogun state people, they are from a land where Amala can do miracle.

My advise for Ajimobi is not to totally ignore Akala's comments (right or wrong), no need to present himself as classy and educated, no need to be a gentle man. It won't work in Ibadan. He needs to continue to be loyal to Ibadan people and go head on to tackle Akala blow to blow. Or else pretty soon Ibadan people we start saying this guy (Ajimobi) is not better than what we were getting (Akala).

Akala's one and only job is to do whatever needs to be done to frustrate Ajimobi and turn him against Ibadan people. And this strategy is called "good Politics". It works all the time.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by mustspin: 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2011
Depilot:

But what do you guys expect from him? This is nothing but pure politics; right or wrong, Akala is doing what a good politician suppose to be doing.
This is Ibadan people we are talking about. It doesn't take much to turn them against anything. These are the same people that made it clear during last election that no 2 terms governor in Ibadan and that was exactly what happened. These are the same people that worshiped and followed Adedibu until he died. One has to be careful dealing with this group of people, they play a totally different ball game. They are not Lagos people and definitely not Ogun state people, they are from a land where Amala can do miracle.

My advise for Ajimobi is not to totally ignore Akala's comments (right or wrong), no need to present himself as classy and educated, no need to be a gentle man. It won't work in Ibadan. He needs to continue to be loyal to Ibadan people and go head on to tackle Akala blow to blow. Or else pretty soon Ibadan people we start saying this guy (Ajimobi) is not better than what we were getting (Akala).

Akala's one and only job is to do whatever needs to be done to frustrate Ajimobi and turn him against Ibadan people. And this strategy is called "good Politics". It works all the time.
the bolded only shows u r very well uninformed. who told you ibadan people worshipped and followed adedibu? the man terrorised the city and created fear in the people of the state with his army of thugs and nobody dare face or challenge him.
BTW wot did u mean by a land where amala can do miracle? dude, u got brains in your head na pls use it, its not for decorations.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by Depilot(m): 2:34pm On Sep 28, 2011
If you have common sense you will realize that my comment you have placed in bold is nothing, but a figure of speech. All I was trying to do here was to emphasize that when it comes to politics Ibadan people are not easy. One has to be very careful dealing with this group of people.

I will advise you to get your brain out of the box and read my comment again.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by SisiKill1: 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2011
homerac7:

= kaka ki eku ma je sese, a fi se awadanu ni

Yoruba language is magnificently rich   wink wink smiley smiley
I've always wondered what that means. . .care to break it down, please?

[img]http://4.bp..com/-k3F_P80Ir3s/TcrG7J85vPI/AAAAAAAAC0M/XTvBsfEgK5k/s1600/fa.jpg[/img]

Dis-gus-ting!!!  angry  angry

Look at his fingers. . gosh! I wanna puke
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by BigB11(m): 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2011

A total home run.
You sound like a political analyst.

Akala reminds me of Sarah Palin of United State of America. As stup1d and hopeless Sarah Palin could be, she is still one individual democrat party in United States doesn't want to face during election.

I think Akala knows what he's doing. He may sound ridiculous, but at this point the dude has nothing to lose.
A hopeless man planting seeds may not be a bad idea. Nobody knows what could come out of these seeds. Ajimobi must continue with his great job, but must also fight back. Fighting is part of politics in Ibadan. The biggest warrior usually comes up with the elephant head.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by mustspin: 3:03pm On Sep 28, 2011
mustspin:

the bolded only shows u r very well uninformed. who told you ibadan people worshipped and followed adedibu? the man terrorised the city and created fear in the people of the state with his army of thugs and nobody dare face or challenge him.
BTW wot did u mean by a land where amala can do miracle? dude, u got brains in your head na pls use it, its not for decorations.

analyst, u really are funny. so u think ibadan people does not know a good thing when they see 1? i guess you must think ajimobi is from ogun state so u need to tell him about ibadan people.
dude, ibadan people are no different from other people and when they see good governance they simply can identify it. so dont u cum out here and open that your bleached mouth to insult ibadan people.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by homerac7: 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2011
@ sisi kill

"kaka ki eku ma je sese, a fi se awadanu ni" translates as:

evil rat which believed that, rather than fail to get a bite of the tray of cowpeas, it would pour the whole tray away.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by mustspin: 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2011
Depilot:

If you have common sense you will realize that my comment you have placed in bold is nothing, but a figure of speech. All I was trying to do here was to emphasize that when it comes to politics Ibadan people are not easy. One has to be very careful dealing with this group of people.

I will advise you to get your brain out of the box and read my comment again.
well i dont have common sense cuz its too common and thats fools like u got it
analyst, u really are funny. so u think ibadan people does not know a good thing when they see 1? i guess you must think ajimobi is from ogun state so u need to tell him about ibadan people.
dude, ibadan people are no different from other people and when they see good governance they simply can identify it. so dont u cum out here and open that your bleached mouth to insult ibadan people.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by Depilot(m): 3:09pm On Sep 28, 2011
You sound like a kid.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by Depilot(m): 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2011
evil rat which believed that, rather than fail to get a bite of the tray of cowpeas, it would pour the whole tray away.
Cool translation. It makes sense.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by SisiKill1: 3:15pm On Sep 28, 2011
homerac7:

@ sisi kill

"kaka ki eku ma je sese, a fi se awadanu ni" translates as:

Aaaaah!! I see! Makes sooo much sense!!

Honestly, Yoruba is a deep language!!!  cheesy

Thanks!!
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by Depilot(m): 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2011
I think Akala knows what he's doing. He may sound ridiculous, but at this point the dude has nothing to lose.
A hopeless man planting seeds may not be a bad idea. Nobody knows what could come out of these seeds. Ajimobi must continue with his great job, but must also fight back. Fighting is part of politics in Ibadan. The biggest warrior usually comes up with the elephant head.
I totally agree. Any blessing for Ajimobi from Ibadan people will only sink Akala deeper into the hole. So, why not continue to throw stones, sooner on later one of these stones will hit the right spot.
This is why decent people stay away from politics.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by BigB11(m): 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2011
I predict that Akala will not stop. This will go on for the next 4 years if he isn't captured by EFCC very soon.
Re: Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims by aloyemeka1: 12:42am On Sep 29, 2011
Big B1:

I predict that Akala will not stop. This will go on for the next 4 years if he isn't captured by EFCC very soon.

Did the govt strip him the right to free speech?. Why should Akala be muzzled while others are allowed to talk freely?. For your information, he is a registered member of Nairaland and is reading all you are saying about him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What You May Not Know About Alex Ekwueme / Lol Ikwerre Too Sabi Scam / Ebonyi Newly Appointed Commissioners,portfolios And Their LGA Of Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.