Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

It's Important For Christians To Attach Themselves To A Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Important For Christians To Attach Themselves To A Church. (249 Views)

Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Facebook Is Gradually Becoming Unsafe For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Important For Christians To Attach Themselves To A Church. by PeterObi4Presid: 11:41am On May 24, 2023
I think it's an erroneous take to say God does not care about churches. God does, and place alot of emphasis on it. Many today don't want to go to church for one excuse or the other.
As a Christian it's extremely important to attach ourselves to a church to build ourselves and equip the saints for the work of ministry, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God. (Ephesian 4 v 11 - 13)
Hebrew 10 v 25 also enjoins us not to forsake the assembly or fellowship of people AS MANY LOVE TO DO.
And revelation even told us that churches have representative angels in heaven watching over them
There's place for churches heavily referenced and sanctioned in the scriptures. Individualism is never encouraged...cos devil uses that to lauch its attack at Christians and get them to easily backslide.
Here are exhaustive Bible references to this subject that I got through study. And I will like you to go through it all of them and give your opinion... either contrary or complementary opinion. They are all Bible passages.

A). Ephesians 4 vs 7, 8, 11
" But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of the gift of Christ. 8 Therefore it says, “When he ascended on high he captured captives; he gave gifts to men.”
"11 It was he who gave some as apostles, some as prophets, some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12 TO EQUIP THE SAINTS FOR THE WORK OF MINISTRY, that is, to build up the body of Christ"

B)Acts 2:42
"They were devoting themselves to the APOSTLES’ TEACHING AND TO FELLOWSHIP, to the breaking of bread and to prayer."

C) Matthew 16 v 8
"And I tell you, you are Peter, and ON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

D) Ephesians 1 vs 22-23
"And God put all things under Christ's feet, AND HE GAVE HIM TO THE CHURCH AS HEAD over all things. NOW THE CHURCH IS HIS BODY, the fullness of him who fills all in all."

E) 1 Cor. 12:13
"For in one Spirit WE WERE ALL BAPTIZED INTO ONE BODY. Whether Jews or Greeks or slaves or free, we were all made to drink of the one Spirit. "

F) Ephesians 5 vs 22 - 32
This whole section compares relationship between Husband and wife as the same with Christ and Church, so it says wife must submit to husband just as Church must submit to Christ....and husband must love the wife just as Christ loves the church..It's a very striking analogy.. u can read it..

But the concluding part is even more apt which says: Eph 5 vs 32 "THIS MYSTERY IS GREAT – BUT I AM ACTUALLY SPEAKING WITH REFERENCE TO CHRIST AND THE CHURCH"

G) 1 Tim. 3:15
" In case I am delayed to let you know how people ought to conduct themselves in the HOUSEHOLD OF GOD, because it is THE CHURCH OF THE LIVING GOD, the support and bulwark of the truth"

H) 1 Pet. 5:2
"Give a shepherd’s care TO GOD’S FLOCK AMONG YOU, exercising OVERSIGHT not merely as a duty but willingly under God’s direction, not for shameful profit but eagerly"

I) Acts 20:28
" Watch out for yourselves AND FOR ALL THE FLOCK OF WHICH THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS MADE YOU OVERSEERS, TO SHEPHERD THE CHURCH OF GOD that he obtained with the blood of his own Son"

1 Cor. 3 vs 4 & 5
'For whenever someone says, “I am with Paul,” or “I am with Apollos,” are you not merely human?
What is Apollos, really? Or what is Paul? Servants through whom you came to believe, and each of us in the ministry the Lord gave us'

You can also read the Revelation Of John To The 7 Churches in Asia as that then.

Church in Ephesus (Rev. 2 v 2-3)
Church in Smyrna ( Rev. 2 v 8-9
Church in Pergamos( Rev 2 v 12-17
Church in Thyatira (Rev 2 v 19 -23)
Church in Sardis. (Rev. 3 v 1-5)
Church in Philadelphia ( Rev. 3v 7-13)
Church in Laodicea (Rev. 3 v 15-16)

Finally
Read---->>>>1 Cor. 1 v 1 - 13

Finally: when people start saying I belong to Paul, Apollo, or Cephas, Paul enjoins the whole body of churches to not operate in division cos God is coming to judge every works and church....that we should unite and treat each other with love. That is what is missing

Re: It's Important For Christians To Attach Themselves To A Church. by PoliteActivist: 11:45am On May 24, 2023
How about Moslens?
Re: It's Important For Christians To Attach Themselves To A Church. by PeterObi4Presid: 11:51am On May 24, 2023
PoliteActivist:
How about Moslens?
Muslims are anti-christ. It's a basic knowledge for every Christian to know.
So I can not talk about Anti-Christ who deny the son of God, and does not believe in his Kingdom nor his gospel
Re: It's Important For Christians To Attach Themselves To A Church. by PoliteActivist: 12:06pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:

Muslims are anti-christ. It's a basic knowledge for every Christian to know.
So I can not talk about Anti-Christ who deny the son of God, and does not believe in his Kingdom nor his gospel

But they do have their own set of beliefs. What makes your set of beliefs more valid than theirs?
Re: It's Important For Christians To Attach Themselves To A Church. by PeterObi4Presid: 12:16pm On May 24, 2023
PoliteActivist:

But they do have their own set of beliefs. What makes your set of beliefs more valid than theirs?
To start with. I don't like vain argument of empty words and human philosophy, because Paul warn us against it, so let me ask you, DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE WORDS OF CHRIST?
your answer to this question will determine if I will engage you or not
Re: It's Important For Christians To Attach Themselves To A Church. by PoliteActivist: 2:33pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:

To start with. I don't like vain argument of empty words and human philosophy, because Paul warn us against it, so let me ask you, DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE WORDS OF CHRIST?
your answer to this question will determine if I will engage you or not

Lord Jesus is a living Spirit working in people's lives, not words in a book. The words are important but we also have to remember how they came about. Words that have been translated, tampered with, edited, manipulated by powers that be, with various versions around; words that are according to people's recollections decades after they were said. Just try to remember verbatim a conversation you had last week, talkless of 30 years ago!
Re: It's Important For Christians To Attach Themselves To A Church. by PeterObi4Presid: 2:51pm On May 24, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Lord Jesus is a living Spirit working in people's lives, not words in a book. The words are important but we also have to remember how they came about. Words that have been translated, tampered with, edited, manipulated by powers that be, with various versions around; words that are according to people's recollections decades after they were said. Just try to remember verbatim a conversation you had last week, talkless of 30 years ago!
So if you don't believe in any of the words accorded to Christ, if your unbelief says those words can't be true, how does his spirit work in people's life? which words are then true to you? The one accorded to philosophers? Or the human philosophy translated to languages of the world for us to study?
Bro listen, if you don't believe in the words of Christ According to the holy book, then you don't have Christ. You don't, because Christ emphasized so much on on his WORDS
How does Lord Jesus spirit even work in the life of the people who don't believe in his word... How...how do you get something from nothing?
Without strong belief and faith in the word of Christ, u can't know him, you can't accept him or his life style...u will only be deceiving yourself

(1) (Reply)

What Did Jesus Really Look Like? (Pictures) / I I Have Badluck / Christ Embassy Church Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.