Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,970 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness (403 Views)

Pope Francis Visits Iraqi Christians Who Suffered Under IS (Photos) / Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? / Members Crawl And Follow Their Pastor Around In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by PeterObi4Presid: 4:11pm On May 24, 2023
There's a way Christians find means or allowance to relate deeply with worldly affairs as though they belong to the world. But what this says is that we are still in Darkness, cos those songs only promote selfishness, sexual sins, money, idolatry, empty chatters and greed.....They are deceptive devices by Satan the Master of deception to draw us closer to him and fall into sin.

As a Christian, we should yearn to listen to Godly songs than worldly songs like Ephesians 5 v 19 says: "And do not get drunk with wine, which is debauchery, but be filled by the Spirit, speaking to one another in PSALMS, HYMNS, AND SPIRITUAL SONGS, SINGING AND MAKING MUSIC IN YOUR HEARTS TO THE LORD.

Sometimes I wonder how a so called Christian wakes up early in the morning with the musical sound of Davido, Burna or even Portable. Our spiritual antennae must be low connecting to worldly signal
Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ There's a way Christians find means or allowance to relate deeply with worldly affairs as though they belong to the world. But what this says is that we are still in Darkness, cos those songs only promote selfishness, sexual sins, money, idolatry, empty chatters and greed.....They are deceptive devices by Satan the Master of deception to draw us closer to him and fall into sin. As a Christian, we should yearn to listen to Godly songs than worldly songs like Ephesians 5 v 19 says: "And do not get drunk with wine, which is debauchery, but be filled by the Spirit, speaking to one another in PSALMS, HYMNS, AND SPIRITUAL SONGS, SINGING AND MAKING MUSIC IN YOUR HEARTS TO THE LORD. Sometimes I wonder how a so called Christian wakes up early in the morning with the musical sound of Davido, Burna or even Portable. Our spiritual antennae must be low connecting to worldly signal
You actually have it backward. Your so-called godly songs were not commanded or authorized by God — He never said anyone could use His name in singing of songs — and hence God has nothing to do with your many Christian songs many of which promote lies that contradict the Truth of God. undecided

It is better to sing a meaningless worldly song than to sing lies using the name of God or pretending God is somehow "glorified" by your singing of such songs. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by PeterObi4Presid: 4:37pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You actually have it backward. Your so-called godly songs were not commanded or authorized by God — He never said anyone could use His name in singing of songs — and hence God has nothing to do with your many Christian songs many of which promote lies that contradict the Truth of God. undecided

It is better to sing a meaningless worldly song than to sing lies using the name of God or pretending God is somehow "glorified" by your singing of such songs. undecided
Your deceptive teaching of the devil is getting obvious
What do you stand to gain with your doctrine of confusion where u constantly mislead.?
If I give you Bible passage that says we should sing to the name, glory and word of God, u will tell me something else
What do you stand to gain in intentionally confusing simple truth?
How can u even say singing and registering songs that promote Mammons and sin are better than songs that promote God's worship? How.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ Your deceptive teaching of the devil is getting obvious
■ What do you stand to gain with your doctrine of confusion where u constantly mislead.?
■ If I give you Bible passage that says we should sing to the name, glory and word of God, u will tell me something else
■ What do you stand to gain in intentionally confusing simple truth?
■ How can u even say singing and registering songs that promote Mammons and sin are better than songs that promote God's worship? How.
1. Deceptive because it does not gel with the doctrines and traditions of men( and their churches) which you have gorged on to date or deceptive because they do not align with the very teachings of Jesus Christ Himself? Which is it? undecided

2. I am afraid your confusion is from the fact that you confuse the many doctrines and traditions of your pastors and mogs(lies which Jesus Christ warned you against imbibing) with the Truth of God. undecided

3. Scripture clearly tells of how the offerings, praises, prayers, "good works", etc., of the unrighteous, are tainted with their sins and are hence an unacceptable(unholy) abomination to God. So it is erroneous to think that by doing that which God has not in fact commanded, you do Him or His glory good. By the way, Jesus Christ said He does not desire the praises of humans - John 5 vs 41 - and He made it clear that He gets HIs glory from His Father alone and that is when His own do that which He in fact commands. undecided

3. See # 2 above! undecided

4. Songs cannot promote the worship of God. That you lot assume songs have that sort of power over your person speaks volumes of how removed from God and His Word you are. The kind of worship God, in fact, calls for is continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments. So, when you lot sing your songs and engage in your worship, you do so in vain since God never commanded any of that from you. He told you this. undecided
Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by PeterObi4Presid: 4:54pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Deceptive because it does not gel with the doctrines and traditions of men( and their churches) which you have gorged on to date or deceptive because they do not align with the very teachings of Jesus Christ Himself? Which is it? undecided

2. I am afraid your confusion is from the fact that you confuse the many doctrines and traditions of your pastors and mogs(lies which Jesus Christ warned you against imbibing) with the Truth of God. undecided

3. Scripture clearly tells of how the offerings, praises, prayers, "good works", etc., of the unrighteous, are tainted with their sins and are hence an unacceptable(unholy) abomination to God. So it is erroneous to think that by doing that which God has not in fact commanded, you do Him or His glory good. By the way, Jesus Christ said He does not desire the praises of humans - John 5 vs 41 - and He made it clear that He gets HIs glory from His Father alone and that is when His own do that which He in fact commands. undecided

3. See # 2 above! undecided

4. Songs cannot promote the worship of God. That you lot assume songs have that sort of power over your person speaks volumes of how removed from God and His Word you are. The kind of worship God, in fact, calls for is continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments. So, when you lot sing your songs and engage in your worship, you do so in vain since God never commanded any of that from you. He told you this. undecided
Lol
Again you are mixing truth with half-truths
In short you just cancelled everyone singing to God
How do you describe David then since we don't have to sing to God or Christ?...Nawao
..the book of Psalms and hymns must be nothing to you since no one singing song of praise is singing from Righteousness
I think ur spirit of judging judging and judging beclouds Ur reasoning a lot of time and makes it easy to confuse issues ..because of Ur prejudice.
Truth is Most churches of today err in many ways, agreed, but does that mean every church or every Christian are wrong. That generalisation can never hold
We still have Christians, songs, and church inspiredd by God.... regardless of your prejudice or unbelief

2 Likes

Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ Lol Again you are mixing truth with half-truths In short you just cancelled everyone singing to God How do you describe David then since we don't have to sing to God or Christ?...Nawao ..the book of Psalms and hymns must be nothing to you since no one singing song of praise is singing from Righteousness
■ I think ur spirit of judging judging and judging beclouds Ur reasoning a lot of time and makes it easy to confuse issues ..because of Ur prejudice.
■ Truth is Most churches of today err in many ways, agreed, but does that mean every church or every Christian are wrong. That generalisation can never hold
■ We still have Christians, songs, and church impaired by God.... regardless of your prejudice
1. You folks have to be under some serious delusions to keep comparing yourselves with David. David was chosen by God as King in place of Saul because he, David, was first righteous. God informed you of this when He proclaimed that David was a man after His own heart — righteous. So, why do you think it is your place to sing because David sang makes no sense to me. Stop comparing yourselves in your Unrighteousness with the Righteous for Pete's sake!. undecided

2. Jesus Christ said, "Judge not according to appearance, but judge righteously — according to His teachings and commandments" meaning that we are to validate everything against His Word, and Truth, the Law in the Kingdom of God. If you think doing as Jesus Christ commands, is prejudice, then you obviously think little of Jesus Christ. undecided

3. Again, Jesus Christ warned His followers not to imbibe the doctrines and traditions of men which He pointed out were lies that deceive and delude many away from the Truth of God nullifying the very Power of God and rendering the worship of those who live under such doctrines meaningless/ vain to God. You may make all the excuses you want for your churches but the fact is from their very foundations they have been removed and remain removed from God. undecided

4. God never asked you for your Christian songs nor did God say that your songs bring Him glory or any of the other tales you lot tell ourselves about your many Christian songs. You sing those songs for your own glory and they exist only for that. God on the other hand has nothing to do with them. undecided
Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by PeterObi4Presid: 5:27pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You folks have to be under some serious delusions to keep comparing yourselves with David. David was chosen by God as King in place of Saul because he, David, was first righteous. God informed you of this when He proclaimed that David was a man after His own heart — righteous. So, why do you think it is your place to sing because David sang makes no sense to me. Stop comparing yourselves in your Unrighteousness with the Righteous for Pete's sake!. undecided

2. Jesus Christ said, "Judge not according to appearance, but judge righteously — according to His teachings and commandments" meaning that we are to validate everything against His Word, and Truth, the Law in the Kingdom of God. If you think doing as Jesus Christ commands, is prejudice, then you obviously think little of Jesus Christ. undecided

3. Again, Jesus Christ warned His followers not to imbibe the doctrines and traditions of men which He pointed out were lies that deceive and delude many away from the Truth of God nullifying the very Power of God and rendering the worship of those who live under such doctrines meaningless/ vain to God. You may make all the excuses you want for your churches but the fact is from their very foundations they have been removed and remain removed from God. undecided

4. God never asked you for your Christian songs nor did God say that your songs bring Him glory or any of the other tales you lot tell ourselves about your many Christian songs. You sing those songs for your own glory and they exist only for that. God on the other hand has nothing to do with them. undecided
At this point I give up.
Cos where are we going to start from if the whole of the book of Psalms and Ephesians 5 vs 19 doesn't make sense to you.
You are even deriding the possibility of righteousness as if grace does not exist to put us in righteousness....
Jesus condemned the Pharisees as following the doctrines of men.....Now you even condemning the early Church of the Acts of Apostles as following the doctrines of men?
People who are witness to Christ in spirit, body and in resurrection? That's bold of you!

Does Jesus' condemnation of Pharisee affects the teaching of Paul and the acts of the Apostles or the book of Psalms? Even Christ read from the Books of Psalms and never condemned it or even abolish the law...bro calm down
Calm down in your cynicism cos it will only lead u to unbelief. Trust me...
Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ At this point I give up. Cos where are we going to start from if the whole of the book of Psalms and Ephesians 5 vs 19 doesn't make sense to you.
■ You are even deriding the possibility of righteousness as if grace does not exist to put us in righteousness....
■ Jesus condemned the Pharisees as following the doctrines of men.....Now you even condemning the early Church of the Acts of Apostles as following the doctrines of men?
■ People who are witness to Christ in spirit, body and in resurrection? That's bold of you! Does Jesus' condemnation of Pharisee affects the teaching of Paul and the acts of the Apostles or the book of Psalms? Even Christ read from the Books of Psalms and never condemned it or even abolish the law...bro calm down. Calm down in your cynicism cos it will only lead u to unbelief. Trust me...
1. I never said Psalms doesn't make sense to me since I made clear that the man David was introduced by God as a righteous man and so his songs and praises were not an abomination to God. Secon, when you carefully consider God's own Law as well as the contents of David's songs, you will find that David did not challenge nor contradict any of that decreed by God Himself in His Psalms. undecided

In much the same way, you are meant to scrutinize all writings to be certain that they in no way invalidate or challenge God's Law. undecided

2. What grace does what you claim? Grace refers to the Eternal Life that Jesus Christ gives to all sinners who heed His call to enter into the Kingdom of God. The status of a sinner does not change upon entering through any one of the two gates of the Kingdom of God and it is for that reason that Jesus Christ then urged that they each seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and then God's righteousness....", so where do you get this idea that grace does you righteousness or something like that? undecided

3. By condemning even the Pharisees, Jesus Christ condemned all those who would go against His teachings to teach lies instead. Stop pretending now that the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ only apply to the Pharisees who were after all some of the same sinners whom Jesus Christ made clear that He had come to call to God. undecided

4. The same Gospel — teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ — apply as far as every person in the Kingdom. It is the Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God — God's special nation of priests which He makes of Isreal - Exodus 19 vs 6 — and no man, not even your Paul, is above the Law. undecided
Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by PeterObi4Presid: 5:53pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I never said Psalms doesn't make sense to me since I made clear that the man David was introduced by God as a righteous man and so his songs and praises were not an abomination to God. Secon, when you carefully consider God's own Law as well as the contents of David's songs, you will find that David did not challenge nor contradict any of that decreed by God Himself in His Psalms. undecided

In much the same way, you are meant to scrutinize all writings to be certain that they in no way invalidate or challenge God's Law. undecided

2. What grace does what you claim? Grace refers to the Eternal Life that Jesus Christ gives to all sinners who heed His call to enter into the Kingdom of God. The status of a sinner does not change upon entering through any one of the two gates of the Kingdom of God and it is for that reason that Jesus Christ then urged that they each seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and then God's righteousness....", so where do you get this idea that grace does you righteousness or something like that? undecided

3. By condemning even the Pharisees, Jesus Christ condemned all those who would go against His teachings to teach lies instead. Stop pretending now that the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ only apply to the Pharisees who were after all some of the same sinners whom Jesus Christ made clear that He had come to call to God. undecided

4. The same Gospel — teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ — apply as far as every person in the Kingdom. It is the Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God — God's special nation of priests which He makes of Isreal - Exodus 19 vs 6 — and no man, not even your Paul, is above the Law. undecided
You are really skilled at confusionism ...you mix a lot of truth with half truth... Honestly and it distorts everything u say and makes it wanting.
Guy I'm tired. Not that I don't have what to say......but your self righteousness and cynicism is just out of the roof.
C'mon

It's only by grace we receive forgiveness
It's only by grace we have chance to the kingdom
Even our best attempt at holiness, honesty and strict compliance to law can only be counted as righteousness only through GRACE...so why are u misinterpreting me.....
No matter how u see it
There are people and gathering where Heaven still accept their service and bear witness to their righteousness even in the midst of deception going on in the world.....
If I may even ask.... someone like u will find it hard to believe in prophecy......I just have that feelings..lol..if u can think no one is qualified to render songs to God. Definitely no one can qualify to receive prophecy, not even Paul, or John that was shown revelation...
Guy rest...I don tire for u
Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ You are really skilled at confusionism ...you mix a lot of truth with half truth... Honestly and it distorts everything u say and makes it wanting. Guy I'm tired. Not that I don't have what to say......but your self righteousness and cynicism is just out of the roof. C'mon
■ It's only by grace we receive forgiveness It's only by grace we have chance to the kingdom Even our best attempt at holiness, honesty and strict compliance to law can only be counted as righteousness only through GRACE...so why are u misinterpreting me.....
■ No matter how u see it. There are people and gathering where Heaven still accept their service and bear witness to their righteousness even in the midst of deception going on in the world.....
■ If I may even ask.... someone like u will find it hard to believe in prophecy......I just have that feelings..lol..if u can think no one is qualified to render songs to God. Definitely no one can qualify to receive prophecy, not even Paul, or John that was shown revelation...
Guy rest...I don tire for u
1. I am still very much unrighteous, and working my way through Jesus Christs command which is that I seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness), and God's righteousness, in order that all these things — the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God — can then be added on to me. Like, I said before, I am not the source of your confusion. Rather, it stems from the fact that you cannot seem to resolve the Truth of Jesus Christ with all of the lies you have gorged on from the lies of your many pastors and mogs to date. undecided

2. So, Jesus Christ lied when He urged that you become Holy just as the Father in Heaven is Holy? And He equally lied when He urged you to seek God's righteousness encouraging that all who seek will find. Notice how you use grace(eternal life) as an excuse not to do as God commands? Does that make sense of any kind? undecided

3. I am not saying that there are none who are not of God in the world. What I clearly said is that there is NO ONE who bows to lies yet is of God. Lies are antiChrist who is instead God's Truth, and as Jesus Christ made clear in HIs Teachings, it is only those who submit to and obey the Truth of God that are then set free from slavery to sin — become Holy — by the Truth of God. That basically tells you that you cannot follow the doctrines and traditions of men — lies as Jesus Christ called them — and still end up Holy and approved Righteous by God. What you describe is utterly impossible to do or achieve. undecided

4. I believe prophecy is of Truth, however, I do not believe the many lies born of the doctrines and traditions of men that claim to represent prophecy. Here's a good reason why. Jesus Christ said the one in charge of prophecies in the Kingdom of God is the Spirit of Truth and that He will only give revelations that concern the Kingdom of God to those who are righteous — those who are in the world are unrighteous - John 14 vs 15 - 26 & John 15 vs 26 - 27 & John 16 vs 4 - 16. So, when an obviously unrighteous being claims to see prophecy for one of your many churches, individuals, peoples, politicians, states, or even nations, clearly such violate the rules set down by Jesus Christ and clearly are not of Him. undecided
Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by PeterObi4Presid: 6:58pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I am still very much unrighteous, and working my way through Jesus Christs command which is that I seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness), and God's righteousness, in order that all these things — the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God — can then be added on to me. Like, I said before, I am not the source of your confusion. Rather, it stems from the fact that you cannot seem to resolve the Truth of Jesus Christ with all of the lies you have gorged on from the lies of your many pastors and mogs to date. undecided

2. So, Jesus Christ lied when He urged that you become Holy just as the Father in Heaven is Holy? And He equally lied when He urged you to seek God's righteousness encouraging that all who seek will find. Notice how you use grace(eternal life) as an excuse not to do as God commands? Does that make sense of any kind? undecided

3. I am not saying that there are none who are not of God in the world. What I clearly said is that there is NO ONE who bows to lies yet is of God. Lies are antiChrist who is instead God's Truth, and as Jesus Christ made clear in HIs Teachings, it is only those who submit to and obey the Truth of God that are then set free from slavery to sin — become Holy — by the Truth of God. That basically tells you that you cannot follow the doctrines and traditions of men — lies as Jesus Christ called them — and still end up Holy and approved Righteous by God. What you describe is utterly impossible to do or achieve. undecided

4. I believe prophecy is of Truth, however, I do not believe the many lies born of the doctrines and traditions of men that claim to represent prophecy. Here's a good reason why. Jesus Christ said the one in charge of prophecies in the Kingdom of God is the Spirit of Truth and that He will only give revelations that concern the Kingdom of God to those who are righteous — those who are in the world are unrighteous - John 14 vs 15 - 26 & John 15 vs 26 - 27 & John 16 vs 4 - 16. So, when an obviously unrighteous being claims to see prophecy for one of your many churches, individuals, peoples, politicians, states, or even nations, clearly such violate the rules set down by Jesus Christ and clearly are not of Him. undecided
I am not opposed to the strict gospel of sexual purity or holiness of Paul and Christ. I believe it's the truth no matter how hard.
And somehow, you find a way of equating me with the mainstream churches..lol...as if I look like one of the Pastors of the churches u condemn....can we talk without u making feel I represent the church u condemn? U don't even know me...
I am me, working and longing to earn God's trust. So I don't represent any church and I don't think it's in my or your power to keep attacking and judging the churches when u are also seriously lacking, if I'm not mistaken.
Your point about prophecy is apt....but the scriptures also say the gift of prophecy is without repentance....
There's no where in the Bible where it is stated you have to be 100% righteous before u can receive prophecy from God.......
Even Daniel at some point condemned and disqualified himself as someone who possess and stay with people of unrighteous lips...
Balak was not even an Israelites, nor a Levi priest, yet he saw vision of God where God told him not to curse the Israelites.
Remember his donkey saw vision too
Cornelius who was still striving to understand Christ was given vision to go meet Peter
Etc like that
You don't have to be overly judgemental. You are not God....
Men of God err, even prophets err.....E.g Joel and David...
Be less judgemental....it's too much...it's Better you face your salvation than condemning.
Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ I am not opposed to the strict gospel of sexual purity or holiness of Paul and Christ. I believe it's the truth no matter how hard.
■ And somehow, you find a way of equating me with the mainstream churches..lol...as if I look like one of the Pastors of the churches u condemn....can we talk without u making feel I represent the church u condemn? U don't even know me...I am me, working and longing to earn God's trust. So I don't represent any church and I don't think it's in my or your power to keep attacking and judging the churches when u are also seriously lack, if I'm not mistaken.
■ Your point about prophecy is apt....but the scriptures also say the gift of prophecy is without repentance....
■ There's no where in the Bible where it is stated you have to be 100% righteous before u can receive prophecy from God....... Even Daniel at some point condemned and disqualified himself as someone who possess and stay with people of unrighteous lips...Balak was not even an Israelites, nor a Levi priest yet he saw vision of God where God told him not to curse the Israelites.
Remember his donkey saw vision too
■ Cornelius who was still striving to understand Christ was given vision to go meet Peter Etc like that. You don't have to be overly judgemental.
■ You are not God.... Men of God err, even prophets err.....E.g Joel and David... Be less judgemental....it's too much.
1. Again, your gospel of sexual purity has nothing to do with that which Jesus Christ in fact commands. It is that simple! undecided

2. It is too late to back out now when you have, from the beginning, been promoting churchianism, a major doctrine of the religion of Christianity. undecided

3. Again, Prophecy as given by Jesus Christ is limited to the boundary stated by Jesus Christ. Anything outside of that boundary is not of Jesus Christ. undecided

4. I don't know what you mean by Daniel, given that Daniel was a prophet of God and hence a righteous man of God. He was introduced as such in Scripture, was he not? Righteousness is not according to man but by God's approval. If you mean to say that many outside of God can and do in fact see visions, then you are correct, but what I made clear and what Jesus Christ said is that it is only those prophecies that fit squarely within the boundaries which He set down that are in fact of Him. All other prophecies can't and should not be attributed to Him and HIs Kingdom. undecided

Balaam's prophecies, God used, to destroy him, did He not? The witch of Endor also had power but that power she could not attribute to God since it was against God's stipulation, was it not? undecided

5. Cornelious was a very different story entirely. Not only was he an Israelite — but not of Jewish decent— his deeds had been recognized as just — righteous — by God's Old Law. He didn't see a vision regarding the kingdom of God but of an Israelite man named Peter. undecided

6. The righteous err from time to time but God readily forgives them their sins unlike the righteous whose prayers — even their pleas for forgiveness — are not regarded by God at all.

Look, God's Truth is absolute and as such you need to treat it so in order to get on God's good side. Looking around for excuses as to why you should tarry a bit longer in your unrighteousness is the same as shooting your own self in the foot and expecting it all to be alright with God. He does not regard the unrighteous or anything he/she brings forward. What God demands is absolute obedience and He will accept nothing less than that from any and everyone. undecided
Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by PeterObi4Presid: 7:58pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Again, your gospel of sexual purity has nothing to do with that which Jesus Christ in fact commands. It is that simple! undecided

2. It is too late to back out now when you have, from the beginning, been promoting churchianism, a major doctrine of the religion of Christianity. undecided

3. Again, Prophecy as given by Jesus Christ is limited to the boundary stated by Jesus Christ. Anything outside of that boundary is not of Jesus Christ. undecided

4. I don't know what you mean by Daniel, given that Daniel was a prophet of God and hence a righteous man of God. He was introduced as such in Scripture, was he not? Righteousness is not according to man but by God's approval. If you mean to say that many outside of God can and do in fact see visions, then you are correct, but what I made clear and what Jesus Christ said is that it is only those prophecies that fit squarely within the boundaries which He set down that are in fact of Him. All other prophecies can't and should not be attributed to Him and HIs Kingdom. undecided

Balaam's prophecies, God used, to destroy him, did He not? The witch of Endor also had power but that power she could not attribute to God since it was against God's stipulation, was it not? undecided

5. Cornelious was a very different story entirely. Not only was he an Israelite — but not of Jewish decent— his deeds had been recognized as just — righteous — by God's Old Law. He didn't see a vision regarding the kingdom of God but of an Israelite man named Peter. undecided

6. The righteous err from time to time but God readily forgives them their sins unlike the righteous whose prayers — even their pleas for forgiveness — are not regarded by God at all.

Look, God's Truth is absolute and as such you need to treat it so in order to get on God's good side. Looking around for excuses as to why you should tarry a bit longer in your unrighteousness is the same as shooting your own self in the foot and expecting it all to be alright with God. He does not regard the unrighteous or anything he/she brings forward. What God demands is absolute obedience and He will accept nothing less than that from any and everyone. undecided

1. You don't even know the doctrine of sexual purity I believe in. Yet u are dismissing a belief in that of Christ and Paul which I believe in....So is it only your own belief of sexual purity that aligns with that of Christ? Lol...it's obvious u are deputy Jesus. Paul doesn't even come close to you

2. About Daniel, I meant Isaiah...it was Isaiah I was trying to reference: after seeing vision, he disqualified himself for being unholy
Isaiah 6 v 1-6
vs 5. "Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts". The point is some people are chosen as prophet even before they become completely righteous....and some err too even after...while still seeing vision...and only have to beg for forgiveness...there are examples in scripture. So u are not the one to judge....
If Peter can err during Christ, and still err when Paul scolded him....Pls keep your judgement...

3. As a prophet. It doesn't mean u only see the vision of the kingdom. That's not what Christ or the Bible says. Even Jesus gave the Women by the well-side prophecy about her marital life, which later made her amaze and believe Christ is the Messiah.
The point here is that prophecy can be given to edify the church or bring sinner to repentance, or even for deliverance, or to reveal secret.
4 What do you mean Cornelius is different....the question is did he see vision or not?
5 Remember that Balaam told the right prophecy from the vision He saw, like 3X he refused to curse Israel, until he became greedy cos he wanted to get money from Balak, so he made Isreal turn to prostitution and idolatry. The point is, did he see vision or not even though he was not a Isreal prophet, but went wrong cos of his greed.
So you can't judge who exactly God chooses to see his vision. Prophecy is gift sometimes given as grace ..while many can become prophet through impartation, while people can also become prophet by earnestly praying,fasting, and seeking for it as the Bible commmands, while living life of purity.
Your standard of righteousness is not same as God.
What do you say of Prophet Hosea that God told to marry a prostitute just to pass a message to the Israelites...If it was today's pastor that married a Prostitute shebi u will say it can never come from God...
Guy rest ..don't be too judgemental
Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
1. You don't even know the doctrine of sexual purity I believe in. Yet u are dismissing a belief in that of Christ and Paul which I believe in....So is it only your own belief of sexual purity that aligns with that of Christ? Lol...it's obvious u are deputy Jesus. Paul doesn't even come close to you

2. About Daniel, I meant Isaiah...it was Isaiah I was trying to reference: after seeing vision, he disqualified himself for being unholy
Isaiah 6 v 1-6
vs 5. "Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts". The point is some people are chosen as prophet even before they become completely righteous....and some err too even after...while still seeing vision...and only have to beg for forgiveness...there are examples in scripture. So u are not the one to judge....
If Peter can err during Christ, and still err when Paul scolded him....Pls keep your judgement...

3. As a prophet. It doesn't mean u only see the vision of the kingdom. That's not what Christ or the Bible says. Even Jesus gave the Women by the well-side prophecy about her marital life, which later made her amaze and believe Christ is the Messiah.The point here is that prophecy can be given to edify the church or bring sinner to repentance, or even for deliverance, or to reveal secret.
4 What do you mean Cornelius is different....the question is did he see vision or not?
5 Remember that Balaam told the right prophecy from the vision He saw, like 3X he refused to curse Israel, until he became greedy cos he wanted to get money from Balak, so he made Isreal turn to prostitution and idolatry. The point is, did he see vision or not even though he was not a Isreal prophet, but went wrong cos of his greed.
6. So you can't judge who exactly God chooses to see his vision. Prophecy is gift sometimes given as grace ..while many can become prophet through impartation, while people can also become prophet by earnestly praying,fasting, and seeking for it as the Bible commmands.
7. Your standard of righteousness is not same as God.
8. What do you say of Prophet Hosea that God told to marry a prostitute just to pass a message to the Israelites...If it was today's pastor that married a Prostitute shebi u will say it can never come from God... Guy rest ..don't be too judgemental
1. Again, what Jesus Christ taught is stated in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28. All other doctrines are lies.
2. Isaiah was a prophet chosen by God. God does not choose the unholy nor the unrighteous as His prophets. You misconstrue Isaiah's lamentations as what that is. You do not choose yourself to be Righteous, rather it is God who approves those who He deems fit to be righteous, after they have attained Holiness by His Law and standard. undecided

As for Peter, even David, the righteous man of God, sinned against God. So, clearly, a Righteous man can sin and God forgives them of their sins. But not an unrighteous man does not experience the same courtesy from God. undecided

3. Again, Jesus Christ said the one in charge of prophecies in the Kingdom of God is the Spirit of Truth and that He will only give revelations that concern the Kingdom of God to those who are righteous — those who are in the world are unrighteous - John 14 vs 15 - 26 & John 15 vs 26 - 27 & John 16 vs 4 - 16. All prophecies that contravene the boundary set by Jesus Christ are not of Him or the Kingdom of God. undecided

Your prophecies which you claim to "edify" your churches have nothing to do with Jesus Christ or the Kingdom of God since Jesus Christ made clear the boundary as far as Revelations that are sourced through His very own Spirit of Truth aka the Holy Spirit. undecided

By the way, what do you mean by "edify"? undecided

4. Cornelius was introduced to you as a righteous man, was he not? Certainly, he was considered just by the standard that is not Jesus Christ but rather God's Old Law and as such was not bounded by the Law that governed revelations in the Kingdom of God as a result. There is a difference between visions given according to the Old Law and visions given according to the New Law. undecided

5. It does not matter. What matters is God never said visions are restricted to only those who belong to Him. Rather, God's Law stipulates which visions are to be attributed to God according to His Law and which are not. Balaams were not of God according to His Law. undecided

6. Yes you can. Again, Jesus Christ said only those who are not of the world can receive His Holy Spirit meaning an unrighteous man cannot have the Holy Spirit. What that then means is that in the Kingdom of God, only the righteous are able to have prophecies revealed to them that are from Jesus Christ. undecided

7. I don't have a standard of righteousness as God is the only one who can approve a man as Righteous. I can only speak of what God has said of those who are righteous. undecided

8. Hosea was a Righteous man of God. Marriage to a prostitute has nothing to do with God's righteousness. undecided
Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by PeterObi4Presid: 8:44pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Again, what Jesus Christ taught is stated in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28. All other doctrines are lies.
2. Isaiah was a prophet chosen by God. God does not choose the unholy nor the unrighteous as His prophets. You misconstrue Isaiah's lamentations as what that is. You do not choose yourself to be Righteous, rather it is God who approves those who He deems fit to be righteous, after they have attained Holiness by His Law and standard. undecided

As for Peter, even David, the righteous man of God, sinned against God. So, clearly, a Righteous man can sin and God forgives them of their sins. But not an unrighteous man does not experience the same courtesy from God. undecided

3. Again, Jesus Christ said the one in charge of prophecies in the Kingdom of God is the Spirit of Truth and that He will only give revelations that concern the Kingdom of God to those who are righteous — those who are in the world are unrighteous - John 14 vs 15 - 26 & John 15 vs 26 - 27 & John 16 vs 4 - 16. All prophecies that contravene the boundary set by Jesus Christ are not of Him or the Kingdom of God. undecided

Your prophecies which you claim to "edify" your churches have nothing to do with Jesus Christ or the Kingdom of God since Jesus Christ made clear the boundary as far as Revelations that are sourced through His very own Spirit of Truth aka the Holy Spirit. undecided

By the way, what do you mean by "edify"? undecided

4. Cornelius was introduced to you as a righteous man, was he not? Certainly, he was considered just by the standard that is not Jesus Christ but rather God's Old Law and as such was not bounded by the Law that governed revelations in the Kingdom of God as a result. There is a difference between visions given according to the Old Law and visions given according to the New Law. undecided

5. It does not matter. What matters is God never said visions are restricted to only those who belong to Him. Rather, God's Law stipulates which visions are to be attributed to God according to His Law and which are not. Balaams were not of God according to His Law. undecided

6. Yes you can. Again, Jesus Christ said only those who are not of the world can receive His Holy Spirit meaning an unrighteous man cannot have the Holy Spirit. What that then means is that in the Kingdom of God, only the righteous are able to have prophecies revealed to them that are from Jesus Christ. undecided

7. I don't have a standard of righteousness as God is the only one who can approve a man as Righteous. I can only speak of what God has said of those who are righteous. undecided

8. Hosea was a Righteous man of God. Marriage to a prostitute has nothing to do with God's righteousness. undecided
Lol....
U just contradicted all Ur argument.
U need to start reading your Bible deeply and paying more attention than cherrypicking and forming deputy Jesus...
Even Jesus grew with old testament and dint condemn it, only came to build on it.....to bring people to his kingdom...u are even borderline condemning old testament...
Isaiah said he's a man of unclean mouth...u are here saying something else..
Hosea married a prostitute as commmaded by God...u probably said it's not a prophecy from God..
Guy...u are very narrow...and myopic Spiritually...
(You are not the one to determine the yardstick of righteousness for God.)
Study the scriptures as a whole, and u will know Paul, Peter and Christ are saying same thing....even John
All of them were called into righteousness by grace of Christ...Paul was one of the worse humans alive but still was the greatest Apostle...
Your judgemental attitude won't take u anywhere..Face your salvation and grow.
Not cherrypicking and standing as a judge of righteousness.
Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ Lol.... U just contradicted all Ur argument..
Be clear, state the contradiction. undecided
Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by PeterObi4Presid: 8:52pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Be clear, state the contradiction. undecided
You need humility first
Start reading your Bible from Genesis to revelation....
Seems u only read Matt, Mark, Luke, and John..lol..
Even Christ studied the law and book of Prophets even though he was the Messiah.
So who are you to condemn certain book of the Bible as not qualified enough...Ogbeni rest
Re: Christians Who Crave And Follow Worldly Songs Are Still In Darkness by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ You need humility first Start reading your Bible from Genesis to revelation....
Seems u only read Matt, Mark, Luke, and John..lol..Even Christ studied the law and book of Prophets even though he was the Messiah.
So who are you to condemn certain book of the Bible as not qualified enough...Ogbeni rest
Again, You accused me of a contradiction, and I clearly asked that you be precise about exactly what this contradiction is. undecided

Exactly which book do you accuse me of condemning? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is It Okay To Kill Babies & Children? Christian Flees From His Own Bible!!! | / let your life make an impact / Confident Expectation Of Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.