Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,645 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:28 AM

I Have Had A Lot Of Persons Ask How To Navigate The ICAN System - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have Had A Lot Of Persons Ask How To Navigate The ICAN System (225 Views)

One Single Habit That Makes Every Millionaire A Lot Of Money / Is the ICAN Certificate For ACCA Registration? / Download The ICAN 2019 Examination Syllabus For May And November 2019 Diet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have Had A Lot Of Persons Ask How To Navigate The ICAN System by Rubyjade: 9:37am On May 25, 2023
I have had a lot of persons ask how to Navigate the ICAN system, so I will be putting out below some tips that can help. This is also important as some of us have to combine studying with Full-time work.

1. Know thyself: This cannot be over-emphasized. For you to carry on with any activities, you need to first-off understand who you are. That Mr. A did it in 1 year does not mean Mr. B can do same within the same period. It's okay to push yourself to aspire but be sure it isn't above your limit.
Some persons are great night readers while others can only function effectively in the day time. If you fall within this category that only means you may have to sacrifice a lot of socials to maximize your time and come out successfully.
While some persons learn effectively by listening, others learn really well by reading. If you can combine both Beautiful.

2. Tution Centre: There are a lot of great tution centre out there. Find one that is close to you for proximity. Why spend over 3 hours(For Lagosian) comuting when you can sit and study with same time.
As much as possible, avoid over crowdy centres, this is important to avoid feeling lost and unable to ask questions in class.
I consider YOUTUBE the greatest tution centre, as this is the option i utilized the most, this is because it also allows me the opportunity to rewind and unwind any grey areas. Good thing is YOUTUBE is mostly free. I know MTN affords us free youtube packages, you can download your desire videos at night and learn with it at any time you wish. Some suggested page of great help is
a. Tolu Herself-She teaches SFM, TAX and Advanced TAX
b. Ezikan Accounting-MI, FR, CR
c.Nhyira Premium-MI,CSME,PSAF,Audit,SFM et all, his page was the most useful for me.
d. You can use the youtube search button and find tutors of preference.

3. Reading Partner: Get one or two dedicated reading Partner, It doesn't necessarily have to be an offline meeting, you can make use of zoom or Watsapp. I and my reading partner used watsapp the most. Be sure that your partner is aligned, dedicated and accountable.

4. You don't need to write all paper in a diet. If you work 9-5 and your job can be quite challenging and engaging, ICAN permits you to write as minimum as one paper per diet, You aren't in a race with anyone. Your goal should be to write one at every diet. I particularly will advise to do minimum of 3, cause if you can write one, why not 3. good thing is the exams can be related. During my professional stage, it was my learning from CR that helped me ace Case study and AAA.

5. Did i miss anything? Ask your questions, I would definitely create time to attend to it
Re: I Have Had A Lot Of Persons Ask How To Navigate The ICAN System by Rubyjade: 11:08am On May 26, 2023
Dear Vendors, Accountants are not trying to cheat you when they deduct WHT from your invoices.

Please note that companies are MANDATED by law to deduct Withholding tax (WHT) on all invoices processed (except those specifically exempted by the law) and failure to do so would result in penalty.

As a vendor, you need to understand that WHT is an advance payment of Income tax. It is usually deducted from your invoice and remitted to the government on your behalf.

What this means is, at the end of the year when you are about to pay your tax liability to the government, you can always use all the tax credits you’ve gotten from WHT to reduce it.

For instance:
Let’s assume there is a company called QUICKQUICK LTD and during the course of the year, their clients deducted WHT on their invoices to a tune of N6m. After their tax computation for the year they had an income tax liability of N30m. Now the company will only have to pay N24m to the government after considering the tax credit of 6m.

It is also your duty as a vendor to follow up with your client to ensure that all WHT deducted from your invoices are correctly and timely remitted to the appropriate authority on your behalf.

With this said, I hope we Accountants get more cooperation from you🤝.

(1) (Reply)

How You Can Make As Much As 30k By Selling Other People's Products Online / Coyec Conference, New Week Message, Digital Marketing / Accelerated Career Opportunities: Battle Of Minds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.