Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? (9410 Views)

My Terrible Experience Applying For A High Paying Remote Job / Is Applying For Job Vacancies Worth It? / More Nigerians Applying For FRSC 2018 Recruitment Than Previous Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by rickyamos: 1:41pm On May 25, 2023
Is applying and looking for jobs in Nigeria?
Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Tohsynetita1: 5:26pm On May 25, 2023
it's not a waste of time but if you rely on it and not learn or hustle while seeking, it might be.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by rickyamos: 5:54pm On May 25, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
it's not a waste of time but if you rely on it and not learn or hustle while seeking, it might be.

I agree

4 Likes

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by N3TRAL: 1:08pm On May 26, 2023
No, it isn't.

The worst outcome will be rejection.

A good outcome will be landing a job with a basic wage.

A better outcome will be having a job you hate with a good salary.

The best outcome will be starting your dream job with a fat salary.

If you don't apply for a job, your only outcome will be continuous unemployment.

109 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Emdebby2: 1:08pm On May 26, 2023
It's not a waste of time. Try your luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by kufre2010: 1:09pm On May 26, 2023
B
Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by TheBTCinvestor: 1:10pm On May 26, 2023
tongue
Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Ombudsman1: 1:11pm On May 26, 2023
LEARN MULTIPLE SKILLS, ON THE SIDE KEEP APPLYING. STRIVE TO BE THE BOSS OF YOURSELF EVENTUALLY OR ELSE YOU DONT HAVE PLANS TO BE RICH AND SUCCESSFUL. MAKE THAT YOUR END GOAL.

BUT IF YOU ARE OKAY WITH EARNING PEANUTS FOR DONKEY YEARS, STICK TO YOUR JOB WHEN YOU EVENTUALLY GET ONE

NO CAP, BUT CURRENTLY I CANT EVEN WORK IN A COMPANY FOR 500K MONTHLY. ITS MEAGRE. I AM MY BOSS NOW. HALLELUJAH!!

7 Likes

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by JohnPortar: 1:11pm On May 26, 2023
What's the alternative?
Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Chassy03: 1:11pm On May 26, 2023
Time of watse
Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Emu4life(m): 1:12pm On May 26, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:
tongue
Even the Private Sector now, na Connect.
If you don't plan for your children in the current Nigeria, they may grow up hating you. Education no dey work for 9ja again.
Starting up a side hustle is not only for second source of income, it's to give your offsprings a venture to learn and grow in. That way, their objectives would no longer be looking for nonexistent jobs, it will be learning and expanding their parent's business/venture.

I can see some people giving Motivational speeches below, Shiioor!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Taigaban: 1:13pm On May 26, 2023
It's complete waste of time if you are not connected.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Sirchiboy: 1:13pm On May 26, 2023
Waste of time.
I have applied for over 100 jobs
yet no invitation

7 Likes

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by ecomalchemistt(m): 1:15pm On May 26, 2023
The full meaning of a job is Just Over Broke.

Na waste of Big time my bro, if you no get connection.

If you live in lagos , you go understand better. Person go wake up 4 :30 enter road from mowe to lekki for 100k.

Transport fare alone and feeding don' collect 60% of your money.😂

If you be hustler enter street , start business.

At least , you no go dey broke.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by olumosen(m): 1:15pm On May 26, 2023
Will be done with NYSC next month. At this point I just want to get a job and make a living.

5 Likes

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by airsaylongcome: 1:15pm On May 26, 2023
Emu4life:

If you don't plan for your child in the current Nigeria, he will grow up hating you. Education no dey work for 9ja again.

Private businesses hire connect over competence?
Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by ucheuzor1(m): 1:16pm On May 26, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Waste of time.
yet no invitation

Review your cv again. Add some lie that you can defend grin

Also learn skills that are needed in the ok industry now. Don't just throw cv anyhow

6 Likes

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by jersey4: 1:18pm On May 26, 2023
shocked

5 Likes

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Wodu89: 1:22pm On May 26, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Waste of time.
yet no invitation

100. I've sent 700 applications this month in search for just three opportunities

1 Like

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Thegamingorca(m): 1:23pm On May 26, 2023
It is oh. This one wey tinubu wan enter so. What will be talked about first Is what you have to offer
Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by SHINJACRUSADER: 1:23pm On May 26, 2023
Hmmm...

If u no get connection for Naija..no need to look for job...

1 Like

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Father4all: 1:25pm On May 26, 2023
You all keep deceiving yourselves. This is what I hate about Nigerians. Unrealistic people. It's a total waste of time without CONNECTION

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Ombudsman1: 1:27pm On May 26, 2023
Wodu89:

100. I've sent 700 applications this month in search for just three opportunities

700 IN ONE MONTHTHERE'S SOMETHING FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG FROM YOUR END. IT COULD BE THAT YOU'RE DESTINED NOT BE GAINFULLY EMPLOYED

5 Likes

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 26, 2023
olumosen:
Will be done with NYSC next month. At this point I just want to get a job and make a living.

Congratulations...I hope you've built a rapport with your cds and ppa colleagues...a lot of people that easily found jobs even before end of service was because they built a good network..it goes a long way.

All the best .

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Wodu89: 1:28pm On May 26, 2023
Ombudsman1:

700 IN ONE MONTHTHERE'S SOMETHING FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG FROM YOUR END IT COULD BE THAT YOU'RE DESTINED NOT BE GAINFULLY EMPLOYED

Did I say I did not get offers?

I recall ending my comment with just sending...
Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by chatinent: 1:37pm On May 26, 2023
Small no, big yes.
Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Paracetamol01: 1:45pm On May 26, 2023
Completely a waste of time.
For you to make it in Nigeria, you either belongs to the ranked and files family.or you pay to get a job

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Alexbio: 1:46pm On May 26, 2023
Emu4life:

If you don't plan for your child in the current Nigeria, he will grow up hating you. Education no dey work for 9ja again.

Kai
God Almighty go bless you for this clear wisdom.
I think say na only dey reason like this.
Our Generation is suffering looking for Japa next generation no go get Japa na grave Dem go get seriously.

3 Likes

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Patriotic9ja(m): 1:51pm On May 26, 2023
N3TRAL:
No, it isn't.

The worst outcome will be rejection.

If you don't apply for a job, your only outcome will be continuous unemployment.

Summary @bolded. That's what positive mindset and attitude entails. No crime in trying. It makes your odds even (50:50). All successful people on earth have this same mindset and attitude.

3 Likes

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by crackhouse(m): 1:51pm On May 26, 2023
Yes. A very big waste of time.
Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by Patriotic9ja(m): 1:54pm On May 26, 2023
Alexbio:

Kai
God Almighty go bless you for this clear wisdom.
I think say na only dey reason like this.
Our Generation is suffering looking for Japa next generation no go get Japa na grave Dem go get seriously.

You gat change your mindset. Don't reinforce negative thinking. "As a man thinketh, so he is".... this is one of the proven natural laws guiding the affairs of man on earth. There is power in Positive thinking and Mindset

2 Likes

Re: Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time? by babylawyr(f): 1:56pm On May 26, 2023
No,It's not.
What people need to understand is that looking for job is a job on its own and there is a method to it.
Your CV and cover letter should be well drafted. Has it been reviewed properly (typos, structure, outline), have you tailored your CV to the job description you are applying for? Personally, for every job I apply for, I always review and update my CV

If you have not been getting called for interviews or job assessment, and your grades and job experience match the job description, maybe its time to look inwards.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NIM NYSC Program / Apply For Pholax Hospitality Fresh Job Recruitment (35 Positions) / Federal Judicial Commission Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.