Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,912 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy (744 Views)

Shehu Sani Explains Why Senators, Including Opposition Members, Fear Suspension / Speakership: Betara, Gagdi Withdraw after meeting with Tinubu, Endorse Abbas / APC Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Three Opposition Parties’ Petitions Against Tinubu’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy by garfield1: 4:02pm On May 25, 2023
Sixty three members-elect of the 10th House of Representatives in opposition parties have endorsed the anointed candidates of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Tajudeen Abbas and Benjamin Kalu for Speaker and Deputy Speaker, respectively.

The spokesman for the Coalition of United Political Parties, Ikenga Ugochinyere, who led 62 other members-elect in minority political parties, announced the endorsement in Abuja on Wednesday.

Ugochinyere, a member-elect representing Ideato North/South Federal Constituency, called on other speakership aspirants banking on votes of the opposition members-elect to contest against the Abbas/Kalu ticket, to withdraw from the race as votes would no longer be available for them.

Ugochinyere said, “It is on this note that I call on my colleague members-elect who are still in the race to stop and join the prefect of the class, Hon Tajudeen Abbas, to steer the ship of the 10th Assembly to beat the records of the other Houses in performance and achievement for Nigeria.

“Our common goal now should be beyond party and partisan politics and totally focused on Nigeria and her greater good. We want the best and we have selected the best and importantly, the selection is by merit.

“I do not speak for myself alone. I speak for the 63 like-minded honourable members-elect of the opposition family, who have agreed on a common vision for the 10th Assembly. We will transform into the TBK Group. Our 63 votes without any dissent or abstention will go for Hon. Tajudeen Abbas. In the coming days, Nigerians will come to know the identity of the TBK Group and will also feel our impact.”

According to the CUPP spokesman, Abbas possesses all the needed qualities to be the next Speaker of the House.

“He is enviably educated, has a Doctorate Degree and eminently and vastly experienced to preside over the affairs of the House. He is highly resourceful and is manifestly of unblemished integrity which has earned him respect amongst our colleagues at the National Assembly and obviously his party,” he said.

Ugochinyere also noted that with 43 bills in the 8th Assembly, Abbas had the 3rd highest number of bills, while in the 9th House, the speakership candidate has 74 bills
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://punchng.com/10th-nass-63-opposition-members-elect-endorse-abass-kalu/%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwim2vaS3ZD_AhVDilwKHf0VBPoQFnoECBEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2EgUY9DicL-ogMignrLweF

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nplfmod
Seun
Mukina
Dominique
Fergie001
Nairalandkachy
Chisomkachy
Afamed
Indispensable
Donphiloous
Yarimo
Calmobserver
Norsyk
Penguin2
Mrvitalis
Immaculatejoe
Oghenaogie
Esseite
Jaxxy
Benuejosh
Kyase
Kahal
Centcanada
My mouth
Okoroawusa

1 Like

Re: Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy by Moh247: 4:03pm On May 25, 2023
cool

Party supremacy

Beauty of Democracy

President SouthWest
VicePresident NorthEast
Senate President SouthSouth
Deputy Senate NorthCentral
Speaker NorthWest
Deputy Speaker South East

1 Like

Re: Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy by updatechange(m): 4:28pm On May 25, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Party supremacy

Beauty of Democracy

President SouthWest
VicePresident NorthCentral
Speaker NorthWest

Vice President North east

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy by garfield1: 4:57pm On May 25, 2023
updatechange:

Vice President North east

Well
Re: Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy by seunmsg(m): 5:10pm On May 25, 2023
Where is penguin2, Racoon and other jokers that told us Labour Party will lead other opposition parties to vote against the anointed candidate of APC for NASS leadership?

All PDP members- elect in G-5 states have endorsed Akpabio and Abbas. All NNPP members-elect led by Kwakwanso and Jibrin have endorsed Akpabio and Abass. LP members from the east are now quietly joining the party while obidients online are still wailing and looking for Obi’s manhood 🤣🤣🤣.

2 Likes

Re: Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy by Kyase(m): 6:19pm On May 25, 2023
garfield1:
Sixty three members-elect of the 10th House of Representatives in opposition parties have endorsed the anointed candidates of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Tajudeen Abbas and Benjamin Kalu for Speaker and Deputy Speaker, respectively.

The spokesman for the Coalition of United Political Parties, Ikenga Ugochinyere, who led 62 other members-elect in minority political parties, announced the endorsement in Abuja on Wednesday.

Ugochinyere, a member-elect representing Ideato North/South Federal Constituency, called on other speakership aspirants banking on votes of the opposition members-elect to contest against the Abbas/Kalu ticket, to withdraw from the race as votes would no longer be available for them.

Ugochinyere said, “It is on this note that I call on my colleague members-elect who are still in the race to stop and join the prefect of the class, Hon Tajudeen Abbas, to steer the ship of the 10th Assembly to beat the records of the other Houses in performance and achievement for Nigeria.

“Our common goal now should be beyond party and partisan politics and totally focused on Nigeria and her greater good. We want the best and we have selected the best and importantly, the selection is by merit.

“I do not speak for myself alone. I speak for the 63 like-minded honourable members-elect of the opposition family, who have agreed on a common vision for the 10th Assembly. We will transform into the TBK Group. Our 63 votes without any dissent or abstention will go for Hon. Tajudeen Abbas. In the coming days, Nigerians will come to know the identity of the TBK Group and will also feel our impact.”

According to the CUPP spokesman, Abbas possesses all the needed qualities to be the next Speaker of the House.

“He is enviably educated, has a Doctorate Degree and eminently and vastly experienced to preside over the affairs of the House. He is highly resourceful and is manifestly of unblemished integrity which has earned him respect amongst our colleagues at the National Assembly and obviously his party,” he said.

Ugochinyere also noted that with 43 bills in the 8th Assembly, Abbas had the 3rd highest number of bills, while in the 9th House, the speakership candidate has 74 bills
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://punchng.com/10th-nass-63-opposition-members-elect-endorse-abass-kalu/%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwim2vaS3ZD_AhVDilwKHf0VBPoQFnoECBEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2EgUY9DicL-ogMignrLweF

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nplfmod
Seun
Mukina
Dominique
Fergie001
Nairalandkachy
Chisomkachy
Afamed
Indispensable
Donphiloous
Yarimo
Calmobserver
Norsyk
Penguin2
Mrvitalis
Immaculatejoe
Oghenaogie
Esseite
Jaxxy
Benuejosh
Kyase
Kahal
Centcanada
My mouth
Okoroawusa
toh

We want WAse or we scatter ground
Re: Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy by Kyase(m): 6:22pm On May 25, 2023
seunmsg:
Where is penguin2, Racoon and other jokers that told us Labour Party will lead other opposition parties to vote against the anointed candidate of APC for NASS leadership?

All PDP members- elect in G-5 states have endorsed Akpabio and Abbas. All NNPP members-elect led by Kwakwanso and Jibrin have endorsed Akpabio and Abass. LP members from the east are now quietly joining the party while obidients online are still wailing and looking for Obi’s manhood 🤣🤣🤣.
Yes
But say the truth
Wase stepped down for Gbeje in 2019, he should be the speaker
Re: Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy by seunmsg(m): 6:57pm On May 25, 2023
Kyase:

Yes
But say the truth
Wase stepped down for Gbeje in 2019, he should be the speaker

I’m also sympathetic to Wase. I think he deserves far better. But then, this is politics and emotions don’t count. It’s all about pragmatism. Hopefully, they will all find a common ground.

1 Like

Re: Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy by Kyase(m): 9:17pm On May 25, 2023
seunmsg:

I’m also sympathetic to Wase. I think he deserves far better. But then, this is politics and emotions don’t count. It’s all about pragmatism. Hopefully, they will all find a common ground.

Let's hope so
Re: Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy by Penguin2: 10:45pm On May 25, 2023
garfield1:

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nplfmod
Seun
Mukina
Dominique
Fergie001
Nairalandkachy
Chisomkachy
Afamed
Indispensable
Donphiloous
Yarimo
Calmobserver
Norsyk
Penguin2
Mrvitalis
Immaculatejoe
Oghenaogie
Esseite
Jaxxy
Benuejosh
Kyase
Kahal
Centcanada
My mouth
Okoroawusa

Abass needs a whopping 180 Members-elect to become Speaker, and you are here celebrating 63.

What would that number do?

Like I said one time, I see Akpabio succeeding to become Senate President but this Abass own go hard.
Re: Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy by Access03(m): 11:03pm On May 25, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Party supremacy

Beauty of Democracy

President SouthWest
VicePresident NorthEast
Speaker NorthWest

Deputy Senate President, North West- Jibrin Barau (Kano State)
Re: Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy by yarimo(m): 11:06pm On May 25, 2023
Penguin2:

Abass needs a whopping 180 Members-elect to become Speaker, and you are here celebrating 63.

Like I said one time, I see Akpabio succeeding to become Senate President but this Abass own go hard.
e go hard in your dreams abi
Re: Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy by garfield1: 7:18am On May 26, 2023
Penguin2:

You are funny.it seems you have not been following developments.this 63 were led by ugochinyere,a diehard critic of apc.apart from that,the opposition is already divided into two camps,greater majority caucus working against Abbas and minority caucus working for Abbas plus this one.
G5 are already with him plus all the reps from abia ebonyi
Re: Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy by Penguin2: 9:21am On May 26, 2023
garfield1:

You are funny.it seems you have not been following developments.this 63 were led by ugochinyere,a diehard critic of apc.apart from that,the opposition is already divided into two camps,greater majority caucus working against Abbas and minority caucus working for Abbas plus this one.
G5 are already with him plus all the reps from abia ebonyi
Are reps from Ebonyi not APC? Were they going to play opposition before?
Re: Sixty Three Opposition Members Elect Endorse Abbas,kali For Speaker,deputy by garfield1: 9:38am On May 26, 2023
Penguin2:

Are reps from Ebonyi not APC? Were they going to play opposition before?

I said all reps not apc reps alone.they are being coordinated by a hardcore pdp member in hon iduma igariwey.you know what it means na

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Stole People's Mandate, He Can't Be President- Oshoma / Disquiet In Immigration As Acting CG Adepoju Officially Retires Tomorrow / CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.