Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Google's "Get Nigerian Businesses Online": Another Manoeuvre? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google's "Get Nigerian Businesses Online": Another Manoeuvre? (6059 Views)

Good News..get Nigerian Twitter Followers, Facebook Likes Etc / How To Get Facebook Page And Twitter Verification For Nigerian Businesses. / Google Launches "get Nigerian Businesses Online" - Gnbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Google's "Get Nigerian Businesses Online": Another Manoeuvre? by abelian: 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
one salient point that everyone is missing here is the fact that google can not offer enterprise solutions in terms of designs and functionalities on these websites hosted by google.
What you get is a basic site on a free domain. To me, i see this as opening up more opportunities for professionals in the area of web designing.

For example a school gets free hosting and a basic website layout from google, but its closest competitor another school in the neighbourhood, has a paid hosting with professionally designed layout and functions that enables parents to check their wards' results, term dates, an automated email telling the parent the date of the next Open day (PTA). I foresee the school on google wanting to improve on their website as soon as possible to be able compete with the other school. It is a win-win situation for web developers because google is creating the market for us, by giving them the taste of what its like to be on the web and this will keep them yearning for more in the nearest future.

I would even advocate for people to use this package, knowing fully well that this same people will come back to me for improvements very soon. wink wink wink
Re: Google's "Get Nigerian Businesses Online": Another Manoeuvre? by Ryabcool(m): 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2012
bossinie:
The word 'daft' seems natural for your reasoning pattern,leadership is key to investment protectionism.I was being objective and futuristic in calling for proper protection of our indigenous companies before they are over-run by the likes of Google even with possibly better service at the detriment of our economy in the long run. grin

However for a 'weirdo' like you i believe this explanation must be weird to your 'daft' & 'sick' mind angry Looking at your profile i strongly advise you seek psychiatric help very FAST.
lmfao! Just reading this load of sperm. So u can actually go personal over this mere argument? You be waste of sperm... FOOL
Re: Google's "Get Nigerian Businesses Online": Another Manoeuvre? by Ryabcool(m): 3:10pm On Mar 16, 2012
bossinie:
The word 'daft' seems natural for your reasoning pattern,leadership is key to investment protectionism.I was being objective and futuristic in calling for proper protection of our indigenous companies before they are over-run by the likes of Google even with possibly better service at the detriment of our economy in the long run. grin

However for a 'weirdo' like you i believe this explanation must be weird to your 'daft' & 'sick' mind angry Looking at your profile i strongly advise you seek psychiatric help very FAST.
your family is daft tho. Just thought you should know

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Transfer Money In My Payeer And Payza Acct To My Nigerian Bank Acct? / Webhostilla.com: cheapest domain reg And Unlimited Hosting #2400/yr / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.