Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:02 AM

Kaduna Burning Now! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Burning Now! (6488 Views)

Lagos Police Arrest 4 For Burning Ballot Boxes In Okota, Oshodi/Isolo / Police Arrest Kwankwaso Supporters In Kano For Burning Brooms(photos) / Governor Bello Condemns Burning Of Dino Melaye's Constituency Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Kaduna Burning Now! by mannatech: 1:46pm On May 27, 2023
wis3:
Nigerians are normally just stubborn and lawless. Another scenario very similar to these is the Nigerian Railway Station quarters and the lands surrounding it. Over the years, People have continuosly encroached the lands and build shanties other than the quarters that were originally there. These same people would come out to cry when the govt finally decides to take up their lands. I remember someone advertising a house with more than 10 rooms for just less than N1m naira some 5years back. These same people will cry victimization when govt decides to make use of it's lands.
We are our problem honestly. I haven't been there in a long time. The NRC just abandoned that area without putting in any measure to prevent such from happening abi did they just assume that leaving former railway workers in abject poverty and believe me when I say most of all this illegalities are been assisted by staffs of both the NRC ( there's still an administrative office just behind Sharon gas station) and the state ministry of works and housing.
That's how almost all the structure and machineries in all the textile companies have been vandalized now Kakuri looks like a slim same for down quarters.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Burning Now! by wis3(m): 1:51pm On May 27, 2023
mannatech:

We are our problem honestly. I haven't been there in a long time. The NRC just abandoned that area without putting in any measure to prevent such from happening abi did they just assume that leaving former railway workers in abject poverty and believe me when I say most of all this illegalities are been assisted by staffs of both the NRC ( there's still an administrative office just behind Sharon gas station) and the state ministry of works and housing.
That's how almost all the structure and machineries in all the textile companies have been vandalized now Kakuri looks like a slim same for down quarters.
I stay around Makera Kakuri. All you've said is true. That's why you'll find all the inhabitants are temporary structures not properly built. Because they know it can be pulled down at any moment. They end up selling these lands/properties to unsuspecting people and the people on their own part don't even investigate to know if the lands originally belongs to the sellers in the first place.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CNG Project: Senate Asks Tinubu To Present Supplementary Budget / We Won’t Accept Further Breakdown Of Law In Plateau – Gov Mutfwang Warns / How To Locate Your Permanent Voter's Card (PVC) Pickup Location

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.