Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

I Need Nairalands Advice Please - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Need Nairalands Advice Please (208 Views)

Thanks To This Nairalands' Couple / Please Nairalands Advice Needed / Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Nairalands Advice Please by Powerkevin: 7:12am On May 27, 2023
How can I stop gambling is like am addicted to it and it dist opting my savings alot I want to put a stop to it.(virtual bet9ja)..
Re: I Need Nairalands Advice Please by adeoyekay(m): 7:28am On May 27, 2023
Powerkevin:
How can I stop gambling is like am addicted to it and it dist opting my savings alot I want to put a stop to it.(virtual bet9ja)..
Determination and focus
Re: I Need Nairalands Advice Please by falcon01: 7:57am On May 27, 2023
I honestly don't understand how addiction works, I can't relate, this is the one single thing I have no idea on. I don't want to sound ignorant, but just stop na just stop it🤷‍♂️ people coming online talking about how they addicted to gambling, sex, Masturbation weed and drugs (although there are addictive chemicals put there)e.t.c when you can just tell yourself to stop and just like a flip of a switch you have stopped.

But I think I might have an Idea, to understand your addiction you need to understand yourself, when you understand yourself you can over come yourself, become the driver of your wants and desires take control, dont let your desires control you. To do that you need to see everything as a challenge! You want to gamble? The urge is rising and getting stronger, just pause for a minute and tell yourself! "Damn you! You ain't the boss of me, I am the boss of me and I won't do this" anytime you feel the urge, tell yourself that! Don't distract yourself with anything to help your addiction in fact go head on! And say no! I ain't doing that. At the end of the day people are different some have almost absolute control while others have zero, try and take control!. Ciao!
Re: I Need Nairalands Advice Please by susrite(m): 8:12am On May 27, 2023
Powerkevin:
Let me give you one funny advice.

1. Get a job at least an 8-8 job, you won't have timgww to visit Bet9ja. I know it's too much but no matter how low the pay is, get the job. The aim is not to get money but to end an addiction.

2. Sell your android phone or iPhone to buy a small torchlight phone. I know this may sound odd, you may think "how will I manage my WhatsApp contact, how will I get trending information", this isn't permanent, just do this for the time being.

2b. If you feel that you can't do without your phone, open a piggy app and join a yearly goal savings and save all monies you have in it, keep only for feeding, transport and few misscl; with this, you can't withdraw your money till the end of the year.

3. Tell someone you know you respect a lot about it and tell this person that he should help you end it. Also, tell you girlfriend

With these, I think you have completed level two of ending betting habit...

Level one is just about determination coupled with indepth zeal.

This is how I ended that sh!t 3years ago. I'm now freed! My fiance did a lot for me, she never nagged, never complained... She even set betting timetable for me (from betting everyday to betting once a week, to once a month till I didn't even have interest in it anymore. She calls every hour to ask me where I was. God bless that angel for me.

Best of luck.

(1) (Reply)

President Tinubu's Full Speech - June 12, 2023 / A Comprehensive Guide On How To Watch Telenovelas On Telenovelastv / Customers Rush As Banks Buy Dollars Online With Rates Better Than Black Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.