Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,790 members, 7,851,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:50 AM

GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education (3063 Views)

Gej's Top 7 Most Memorable Electoral Promises / Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State / Jonathan And His Misplaced Priorities-Akwa Ibom Staduim Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Fhemmmy: 8:55pm On Sep 28, 2011
Beaf:

So why criticise the one that has something to show? Can you see where I'm coming from?
There are certainly area's where there could be improvements, but power supply is doing fine. Lets pray that we get close to 24/7 supply between 2012 and 2013, its quite possible at the current rate (depending on how fast the distribution grid is improved).

Chief, i just cant trust all these people anymore, that is all.
We dont have to invent anything, all the technologies are out there for us to explore, all we have to do is invest in them and we have what it takes, so why has it taken them so long, even GEJ?

Would it be cos some of the donor into the campaign are those that imports generators and they cant afford to lose their business cos when everyone have light, it will mess up their business, but they are forgetting there are some other ways to make money . . . ?
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Beaf: 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2011
^
Lol!
Compared to 2008 when we had probes with Liyel Imoke (the then Minister of Power and Steel) over 2.5trillion spent without results, this time we can see and experience the proof of GEJ's promises for power.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by member479760: 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2011
The minister for electricity said we will never live to see 24/7 electricity in this country so no further talk in that area.
When the FG talk about education, this suppose to be mass education and not just creating 5 unity schools and called it education. it's time for the FG to take the responsibility of education from B to E.

A country seating on over 40 billion barrels of oil, large deposit of gas, bitumen, bauxite coal, gold, groundnut, cocoa, yam etc with 150 million able men and women yet cannot move forward. na cause or weytin?
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by deandavid(m): 10:08pm On Sep 28, 2011
nigerians have seen a listening and commited president,yet u guys still run ur mouths,if na obj una fit talk,d guy his trying abeg,if u see truth talk am.gej has good intentions and he his showing it.he is not a magician to give u 247 lite in 100 days.shoo.na wa 4 una o.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by mystikal(m): 10:17pm On Sep 28, 2011
Until there is 24/7 Electricity, people are right to criticise and ask questions. We are gradually being left behind by other countries, and there is a fear of the gap widening.

Maybe there is improvement in Lagos and Abuja, but I have been in the South South for some days, It has been a frustrating experience.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by moderatorr: 10:49pm On Sep 28, 2011
mystikal:

Until there is 24/7 Electricity, people are right to criticise and ask questions. We are gradually being left behind by other countries, and there is a fear of the gap widening.

Maybe there is improvement in Lagos and Abuja, but I have been in the South South for some days, It has been a frustrating experience.
enugu has 18hrs power supply, and ebonyi has 15 approx. So its not only in lagos.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Beaf: 11:18pm On Sep 28, 2011
mystikal:

Maybe there is improvement in Lagos and Abuja, but [b]I have been in the South South for some day[/b]s, It has been a frustrating experience.

The South South is a very big place indeed, from Edo to Cross River, so your statement doesn't sound in the least bit right. The only place I know that has serious issues is PortHarcout and that has nothing to do with PHCN, rather the state govt carried out upgrades and accessed the grid without informing PHCN. The good that was meant turned sour, but its only a temporary situation; Amaechi means well for his people with the upgrade.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 28, 2011
moderatorr:
enugu has 18hrs power supply, and ebonyi has 15 approx. So its not only in lagos.

Na wa. Out of 24 hours in a day, Enugu has power for 18 and Ebonyi a whole 15 hours. Commendable indeed.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Johndoe100(m): 11:36pm On Sep 28, 2011
ogugua88:

^^^^ Where's your own?

How can there be quality healthcare when there's no stable power? How can there be quality education when there's no stable power? What other point do you need?

I have only one question for you - are you in Nigeria? I have been reading some of your posts and it seems that you talk like you only know Nigeria from the net.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by igbo2011(m): 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
Top priorities
1. Power (so we can produce with cheaper costs. )
2. Roads (many people die in accidents and money is wasted fixing cars. Better roads means better distribution)
3. Education (when more manufacturers come to Nigeria that means more tax revenue so more money for education which will be the future of Nigeria.) We must have 100% literate people)
4. Healthcare (When there is power all day then less costs for hospitals, so more clinics and hospitals will open.  More money from taxes will be put into child mortality, maternal health, and vaccines)

This is all assuming that corruption is gone.  With corruption then this will never happen. Also when people build hospitals, clinics, and schools then people will be employed for construction. The products made to built these building should be produced in Nigeria which will help the economy out more.

The reason I put power and roads first was mainly because if these are good then education and healthcare will flourish easier.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 28, 2011
Johndoe100:
I have only one question for you - are you in Nigeria? I have been reading some of your posts and it seems that you talk like you only know Nigeria from the net.

My posts have been about power being the number one priority in Nigeria. Do Nigerians in Nigeria not want power first?
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Johndoe100(m): 1:01am On Sep 29, 2011
ogugua88:

My posts have been about power being the number one priority in Nigeria. Do Nigerians in Nigeria not want power first?

They do. Power has improved by about 200 to 300%. That you do not seem to know this struck me as strange. We are on our way to 24 hour electricity.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by honeric01(m): 2:42am On Sep 29, 2011
moderatorr:

How did you arrive at this? you live in the whole of Enugu and Ebonyi right? please how did you know the whole of Enugu/Ebonyi have 18 and 15hrs daily?

I live in Lagos and i can authoritatively tell you that what goes on here is rubbing peter to pay paul, went to visit my mom and there was no power, asked my younger bro when power was seized, he said it was their off week. (hope you know what off week means?)

Off week = turn by turn = chop TODAY i chop TOMORROW.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by http(m): 5:24am On Sep 29, 2011
confuse muntula grin
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by fxtopedia(m): 7:15am On Sep 29, 2011
GEJ with his usual way of speaking!
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Delafruita(m): 8:19am On Sep 29, 2011
I guess people have forgotten that beaf is odechukwu retardeen's special assistant on nairaland affairs.
Clueless jonathan is just bollocks.boko haram is bombimg the nation to a halt and he is telling us his priority is healthcare and education?what an irony considering ASUU just went on strike because FG has refused to implement an agreement it signed 3-years ago.
As for healthcare,only a fool doesn't know improved healthcare is directly dependent on hi-tech equipments which is directly dependent on electricity.infact every problem of nigeria is directly linked to lack of stable electricity.
What odechukwu intends to subtly tell us as nigerians with this declaration to his "facebook friends" is that his priority is no longer electricity.he intends to tell us he has done his best on electricity and is moving to other things.
This naija seflack of stable electricity.
What odechukwu intends to subtly tell us as nigerians with this declaration to his "facebook friends" is that his priority is no longer electricity.he intends to tell us he has done his best on electricity and is moving to other things.
This naija sef
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 29, 2011
2 points agenda ni eleyi fe implement fun four years .wahala dey o.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Gbenge77(m): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2011
And ASUU is on strike?you gotta be kidding me.And ASUU is on strike?you gotta be kidding me.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by 1025: 2:24pm On Sep 29, 2011
what about the state of emergency he declared on the energy sector? somebody is just confused here.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by mystikal(m): 11:59pm On Oct 11, 2011
I take my words back; Light actually sucks in Lagos.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by emiye(m): 5:41am On Oct 12, 2011
For all those screaming improvements in power situation, Sustainability is the watch word.

If power has improved in your area, for how long now?

2 months, 3months, 1 year ? Do not rejoice over Pyrrhic victory

(1) (2) (Reply)

We PDP Governors Shared The $56bn Stolen Oil Money - Gov Akpabio / Suggest The Office Ameachi Should Occupy In This New Gov't / Japan's Maglev Train Sets World Record: 603 Kph That is LAG To ABJ In 75 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.