Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

I Usually Throw Up While Traveling In A Car - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Usually Throw Up While Traveling In A Car (259 Views)

I Usually Spend 50k On Pad Monthly: how much do you spend on pad monthly? / How To Make Yourself Throw Up / I Usually React To Putting On Wristwatch, What Cause It? (2) (3) (4)

I Usually Throw Up While Traveling In A Car by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 27, 2023
I throw up and I usually experience this when I've been in a vehicle for long. It happens during hold ups when the vehicle is moving slowly and stopping at intervals. I get sick to my stomach, I feel very nauseous and I end up vomiting. This is getting annoying and highly embarrassing. Today i threw up in my brother's car while we were both travelling to the next town. This isn't the first time I'm throwing up in his car.

Abeg who has experienced this before or currently experiencing this? I need your helping to get rid of this.

Modified: I understand it's called motion sickness. I just need help or solution in getting rid of it.

Seun mynd44
Re: I Usually Throw Up While Traveling In A Car by taylor89(m): 3:58pm On May 27, 2023
Motion sickness

I have the drugs here too
Re: I Usually Throw Up While Traveling In A Car by neutralmind: 3:58pm On May 27, 2023
Motion sickness

Speak with a doctor, I think you can manage it with the use of some medication
Re: I Usually Throw Up While Traveling In A Car by neutralmind: 4:02pm On May 27, 2023
Preventing motion sickness without medicine

Avoiding situations that cause motion sickness is the best way to prevent it, but that is not always possible when you are traveling.

The following strategies can help you avoid or lessen motion sickness.

Sit in the front of a car or bus.
Choose a window seat on flights and trains.
If possible, try lying down, shutting your eyes, sleeping, or looking at the horizon.
Stay hydrated by drinking water.
Limit alcoholic and caffeinated beverages.
Eat small amounts of food frequently.
Avoid smoking. Even stopping for a short period of time helps.
Try and distract yourself with activities, such as listening to music.
Use flavored lozenges, such as ginger candy.
Using medicines for motion sickness

Medicines can be used to prevent or treat motion sickness, although many of them cause drowsiness. Talk to a healthcare professional to decide if you should take medicines for motion sickness.

Commonly used medicines are diphenhydramine (Benadryl), dimenhydrinate (Dramamine), and scopolamine.

Re: I Usually Throw Up While Traveling In A Car by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 27, 2023
Seun Sissy Dominique help me get this to fp for wider views and help
Re: I Usually Throw Up While Traveling In A Car by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 27, 2023
neutralmind:
Preventing motion sickness without medicine

Avoiding situations that cause motion sickness is the best way to prevent it, but that is not always possible when you are traveling.

The following strategies can help you avoid or lessen motion sickness.

Sit in the front of a car or bus.
Choose a window seat on flights and trains.
If possible, try lying down, shutting your eyes, sleeping, or looking at the horizon.
Stay hydrated by drinking water.
Limit alcoholic and caffeinated beverages.
Eat small amounts of food frequently.
Avoid smoking. Even stopping for a short period of time helps.
Try and distract yourself with activities, such as listening to music.
Use flavored lozenges, such as ginger candy.
Using medicines for motion sickness

Medicines can be used to prevent or treat motion sickness, although many of them cause drowsiness. Talk to a healthcare professional to decide if you should take medicines for motion sickness.

Commonly used medicines are diphenhydramine (Benadryl), dimenhydrinate (Dramamine), and scopolamine.

I avoid eating whenever I want to travel but today I totally forgot and ate myself to satisfaction. We got to holdup as the car slowed down, I threw up immediately angryit's annoying
Re: I Usually Throw Up While Traveling In A Car by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 27, 2023
neutralmind:
Motion sickness

Speak with a doctor, I think you can manage it with the use of some medication

I was told chewing gum and sweets can help reduced it. Years ago, I tried getting packets of sweets while traveling and surprisedly it's worked. As time goes on I stopped buying them because I thought everything was okay. Until recently it started again undecided
Re: I Usually Throw Up While Traveling In A Car by jflower06(m): 4:16pm On May 27, 2023
Tell someone to use his mouth to draw petrol from a car that has just been parked, close your eyes, open your mouth and tell the person to spit the petrol on your face. Swallow little quantity of the liquid and spit the remaining out. That's what my dad did for me in my own case
Re: I Usually Throw Up While Traveling In A Car by Offpointng: 4:29pm On May 27, 2023
jflower06:
Tell someone to use his mouth to draw petrol from a car that has just been parked, close your eyes, open your mouth and tell the person to spit the petrol on your face. Swallow little quantity of the liquid and spit the remaining out. That's what my dad did for me in my own case

Lmao grin grin grin

Trying To Conceive....let's Talk (step By Step) / Doctors In The House / 3 Reasons People Die In Their Sleep, Please Do Not Ignore