Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare (1753 Views)

I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare / Fact Check: Did Prof Aderinto Call Tinubu's Win "Stolen Mandate"? / Please Call Tinubu To Order, Dele Momodu Tells President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by adenigga(m): 1:42am On May 28, 2023
:

The Serving Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said he will never call the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, his president.

The cleric and politician, during a webinar on Saturday, alleged a series of malpractices during the 2023 elections, saying the Independent National Electoral Commission made a mess of the electioneering process.

He said this while responding during a Question & Answer session after delivering his speech on the Zoom programme titled ‘Building the New Nigeria: The Role of the Diaspora’ organised by the PTB4Nigeria In Diaspora Group.

The meeting, which began 7pm and was monitored by our correspondent, had over 200 participants.

While speaking earlier during the programme, he said the 2023 elections were below acceptable standards.

When asked if he would be happy to work for the new government as a Minister of Diaspora Engagements, he laughed and said he would say what he said to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), last week.

He said he told Buhari that sometimes he called him President of Nigeria and other times, he called him “My President.”

Bakare said, “Last Wednesday, I was at the Glass House where he (Buhari) has been restricted now because the main house is being renovated. I said I have done that for you. I[b] want you to know that, because of the circumstances of your flying into power on the wings of integrity and incorruptibility, but you’re now passing onto someone who does not have that value.[/b]

He said that at “any public lecture anywhere, before this mess is cleared off, I will address Asiwaju (Tinubu) as a President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria but I will never call him my president.”

He said he didn’t participate in the elections, and therefore, no one could say he lost.

Bakare, who participated in the All Progressives Congress presidential primary in June 2022, where nomination forms were sold for N100 million, polled no single vote.

Briefly touching this, he said, “I participated in the primary, and there were hundreds (of persons) who participated only by stepping down, so there is no shame in what we have done. We spoke truth to power within seven minutes.”

“I wasn’t there when they voted, I wasn’t there when they scored (me) zero, but we won that badge of zero and badge of honour,” he said, adding that this was because some defeats that were more triumphant than victories.

Answering the question, he said if he was called to be a minister under the incoming government, there would be conditions to it, “but I am not desperate to be a minister, not at all. I was offered before but I turned it down. My life is not just to take photographs with the president and shake hands.

“But we will do if it will benefit even one citizen.”

Tinubu will on Monday, May 29, be sworn in as the President of the country.

On Thursday, Tinubu was handed the transition report by Buhari, where he also promised not to disappoint Nigerians.

He pledged to address the security and power crises, among other challenges confronting the country.

Source: https://punchng.com/BREAKING-I-will-never-call-Tinubu-my-president-Tunde-Bakare

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by TossTos: 1:45am On May 28, 2023
Let's see if he's gonna stand by his words to the end ..
Hope money and slot won't change it

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by HopeSpencer: 1:46am On May 28, 2023
Who sends him

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Ihateheadslamer: 1:47am On May 28, 2023
No sane Nigerian will be proud to call tinubu the illegitimate INEC induced president select my president tongue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Guestlander: 1:58am On May 28, 2023
Who asked him to?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by SpatialKing(m): 2:11am On May 28, 2023
So Bakare a Yoruba Pastor is now an IPOB member... 😂

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Ihateheadslamer: 2:22am On May 28, 2023
For your mind.

Anyone against the illegitimate INEC induced president select is an ipob member.

You must be Amadioha idle worshipper tongue
SpatialKing:

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Toks2008(m): 2:30am On May 28, 2023
Apt.

Tinubu will only be the president to the minority who voted for him.

MAHMOOD YAKUBU is a fraudster, a shameless man who has sold his integrity and generational respect for a mosel of bread.

YAKUBU has single handedly massacred the democratic future of this country.

Tinubu will never be the president of majority of Nigerians.

Buhari will be remembered as a failure. We all had hoped that he will at least remedy his tainted name by giving Nigerians credible elections but he failed.

Indeed some defeats that were more triumphant than victories.

Any one who supports Tinubu's victory has a reprobate nature and such should be avoided.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by SpatialKing(m): 2:42am On May 28, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
For your mind.

Anyone against the illegitimate INEC induced president select is an ipob member.

You must be Amadioha idle worshipper tongue

That's what they always say...

I'm just waiting for them to call him IPOB and chase him out of Lagos

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Christistruth03: 3:25am On May 28, 2023
Who cares
Those who refused to call Biden their President
Couldn't Stop him from being US President today

Not to talk of Someone who spent N100 Million on
the Presidential form instead of using the same money to help his Poor Church Members only for Bakare to get Zero votes at the Primaries

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by sleek214(m): 4:52am On May 28, 2023
Who cares?
Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Racoon(m): 5:16am On May 28, 2023
The politician....alleged a series of malpractices during the 2023 elections, saying the Independent National Electoral Commission made a mess of the electioneering process......He said the 2023 elections were below acceptable standards.
This is the solemn truth Tinubu and many of his zombies don't want to hear. However, the truth keeps on showing itself no matter how evil men try to suppress it.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Racoon(m): 5:20am On May 28, 2023
Christistruth03:
Who cares? Those who refused to call Biden their President, couldn't Stop him from being US President today.
People with sane conscience cares. You can never legalise an illegality with a fraudulent process. The 2023 election remains one of the worst illegality that will forever hunt those involved in legalising it. The evil men do live with them. Don't support evil because it suits your warped conscience.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Dreal1247: 5:23am On May 28, 2023
Something keeps telling me that the stolen mandate must be retrieved and restored to the rightful owner.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by KingKO22: 5:39am On May 28, 2023
We expect 8 years of sorrow and sadness to all enemies of Asiwaju

We will appreciate it if you move to SE and call yes daddy as your president

Pastor that waste 100 millions just to pick up a form a knew he could never win yet he call himself follower of Christ

Chaiiiii

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by femisplash: 5:47am On May 28, 2023
Toks2008:
Apt.

Tinubu will only be the president to the minority who voted for him.

MAHMOOD YAKUBU is a fraudster, a shameless man who has sold his integrity and generational respect for a mosel of bread.

YAKUBU has single handedly massacred the democratic future of this country.

Tinubu will never be the president of majority of Nigerians.

Buhari will be remembered as a failure. We all had hoped that he will at least remedy his tainted name by giving Nigerians credible elections but he failed.

Indeed some defeats that were more triumphant than victories.

Any one who supports Tinubu's victory has a reprobate nature and such should be avoided.
You said same when Buhari was about coming in, that he was a jihadist and never would be your President but he has succeded ruiling over your affairs for 8yrs and you dare not challenge his authority. As long as Tinubu occupies Aso rock, you have the rights to continue bleating under your bed.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by ican2020: 5:50am On May 28, 2023
Okay na
Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Houseontherock1: 6:02am On May 28, 2023
He's the president of Nigerians, you are a Nigerian, don't call him your president because he's not your personal president...just call him "the president"; that's what he is!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Peacemaker5128: 6:05am On May 28, 2023
Yes Daddy
Thank you Daddy
Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by femisplash: 6:05am On May 28, 2023
Racoon:
People with sane conscience cares. You can never legalise an illegality with a fraudulent process. The 2023 election remains one of the worst illegality that will forever hunt those involved in legalising it. The evil men do live with them. Don't support evil because it suits your warped conscience.
The best election we had in 1993, why was it scuttled by a group of bitter people like you?. We know your agenda but you won't succeed this time.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Bobloco: 6:20am On May 28, 2023
angry
Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Dialpad: 6:23am On May 28, 2023
Lol
Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Patriotsleague: 6:23am On May 28, 2023
Those saying they won't call Tinubu their president are sounding like kids. He not your president, he is president of Nigeria. They call him president of Nigeria not president of Tunde bakare.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by buharitill2023: 6:24am On May 28, 2023
who else could be your president
Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Gaabasky: 6:29am On May 28, 2023
SpatialKing:

Do u read the article
Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Gaabasky: 6:32am On May 28, 2023
SpatialKing:

I will address Asiwaju (Tinubu) as a President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria but I will never call him my president.”
Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Nonybb: 6:37am On May 28, 2023
Myself I call him my druggie, not my president. Escobar(Tinubu) and Osama(Shettima) combo to rule Nigeria
Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by BabaRamota1980: 6:48am On May 28, 2023
adenigga:
:

The Serving Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said he will never call the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, his president.

The cleric and politician, during a webinar on Saturday, alleged a series of malpractices during the 2023 elections, saying the Independent National Electoral Commission made a mess of the electioneering process.

He said this while responding during a Question & Answer session after delivering his speech on the Zoom programme titled ‘Building the New Nigeria: The Role of the Diaspora’ organised by the PTB4Nigeria In Diaspora Group.

The meeting, which began 7pm and was monitored by our correspondent, had over 200 participants.

While speaking earlier during the programme, he said the 2023 elections were below acceptable standards.

When asked if he would be happy to work for the new government as a Minister of Diaspora Engagements, he laughed and said he would say what he said to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), last week.

He said he told Buhari that sometimes he called him President of Nigeria and other times, he called him “My President.”

Bakare said, “Last Wednesday, I was at the Glass House where he (Buhari) has been restricted now because the main house is being renovated. I said I have done that for you. I[b] want you to know that, because of the circumstances of your flying into power on the wings of integrity and incorruptibility, but you’re now passing onto someone who does not have that value.[/b]

He said that at “any public lecture anywhere, before this mess is cleared off, I will address Asiwaju (Tinubu) as a President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria but I will never call him my president.”

He said he didn’t participate in the elections, and therefore, no one could say he lost.

Bakare, who participated in the All Progressives Congress presidential primary in June 2022, where nomination forms were sold for N100 million, polled no single vote.

Briefly touching this, he said, “I participated in the primary, and there were hundreds (of persons) who participated only by stepping down, so there is no shame in what we have done. We spoke truth to power within seven minutes.”

“I wasn’t there when they voted, I wasn’t there when they scored (me) zero, but we won that badge of zero and badge of honour,” he said, adding that this was because some defeats that were more triumphant than victories.

Answering the question, he said if he was called to be a minister under the incoming government, there would be conditions to it, “but I am not desperate to be a minister, not at all. I was offered before but I turned it down. My life is not just to take photographs with the president and shake hands.

“But we will do if it will benefit even one citizen.”

Tinubu will on Monday, May 29, be sworn in as the President of the country.

On Thursday, Tinubu was handed the transition report by Buhari, where he also promised not to disappoint Nigerians.

He pledged to address the security and power crises, among other challenges confronting the country.

Source: https://punchng.com/BREAKING-I-will-never-call-Tinubu-my-president-Tunde-Bakare

Mmtcheew...isokuso!
Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Buharidgeneral: 6:49am On May 28, 2023
HopeSpencer:
Who sends him

Abi oo
Re: BREAKING: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘my President’ – Tunde Bakare by Angel55555(m): 6:49am On May 28, 2023
You're entitled to your opinion.

(1) (2)

"We Dodged A Bullet But Ended Up Stepping On Land Mines" / Desperation On Display As APC Fakes THISDAY Newspaper Headlines – Obi-datti / Tinubu, The Supreme Court Should Be More Careful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.