Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

I Will Never Call Tinubu My President - Pastor Bakare Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Never Call Tinubu My President - Pastor Bakare Says (342 Views)

I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare / Fact Check: Did Prof Aderinto Call Tinubu's Win "Stolen Mandate"? / Please Call Tinubu To Order, Dele Momodu Tells President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Never Call Tinubu My President - Pastor Bakare Says by Equaljhay: 10:25am On May 28, 2023
The Serving Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said that he will never call the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, his president.

The clergyman said this during a webinar on Saturday, May 27, after delivering his speech on the Zoom programme titled, ‘Building the New Nigeria: The Role of the Diaspora.''

Bakare had said the 2023 elections were below acceptable standards.

When asked if he would be happy to work for the new government as a ‘Minister of Diaspora Engagements,’ the clergyman laughed and spoke about how he addresses President Buhari.

Bakare said he recently told Buhari that sometimes he called him President of Nigeria and other times, he called him “My President.” 

He however said he would never refer to Tinubu as “My President.''

“Last Wednesday, I was at the Glass House where he (Buhari) has been restricted now because the main house is being renovated. I said I have done that for you. I want you to know that, because of the circumstances of your flying into power on the wings of integrity and incorruptibility, but you’re now passing onto someone who does not have that value,” the cleric told the participants.

He continued;

“ at any public lecture anywhere, before this mess is cleared off, I will address Asiwaju as a President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria but I will never call him my president.”

He said he didn’t participate in the elections, therefore, no one would say he lost in the exercise.

Bakare, who participated in the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential primary election on June 14, 2022 and polled no vote, said;

“I participated in the primary, and there were hundreds who participated only by stepping down, so there is no shame in what we have done. We spoke truth to power within seven minutes. I wasn’t there when they voted, I wasn’t there when they scored (me) zero, but we won that badge of zero and badge of honour.”

[b]Source[/b]https://www.equaljhayloaded.com.ng/i-will-never-call-tinubu-my-president-pastor-bakare-says/

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu My President - Pastor Bakare Says by Quenncee: 10:31am On May 28, 2023
Equaljhay:
The Serving Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said that he will never call the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, his president.

The clergyman said this during a webinar on Saturday, May 27, after delivering his speech on the Zoom programme titled, ‘Building the New Nigeria: The Role of the Diaspora.''

Bakare had said the 2023 elections were below acceptable standards.

When asked if he would be happy to work for the new government as a ‘Minister of Diaspora Engagements,’ the clergyman laughed and spoke about how he addresses President Buhari.

Bakare said he recently told Buhari that sometimes he called him President of Nigeria and other times, he called him “My President.” 

He however said he would never refer to Tinubu as “My President.''

“Last Wednesday, I was at the Glass House where he (Buhari) has been restricted now because the main house is being renovated. I said I have done that for you. I want you to know that, because of the circumstances of your flying into power on the wings of integrity and incorruptibility, but you’re now passing onto someone who does not have that value,” the cleric told the participants.

He continued;

“ at any public lecture anywhere, before this mess is cleared off, I will address Asiwaju as a President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria but I will never call him my president.”

He said he didn’t participate in the elections, therefore, no one would say he lost in the exercise.

Bakare, who participated in the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential primary election on June 14, 2022 and polled no vote, said;

“I participated in the primary, and there were hundreds who participated only by stepping down, so there is no shame in what we have done. We spoke truth to power within seven minutes. I wasn’t there when they voted, I wasn’t there when they scored (me) zero, but we won that badge of zero and badge of honour.”

[b]Source[/b]https://www.equaljhayloaded.com.ng/i-will-never-call-tinubu-my-president-pastor-bakare-says/
I STAND WITH TUNDE BAKARE.

We all know we did not vote that AMOEBA. They hijack it.
Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu My President - Pastor Bakare Says by Nobody: 10:51am On May 28, 2023
The statement, same as the person who made it, are both inconsequential
Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu My President - Pastor Bakare Says by illicit(m): 10:58am On May 28, 2023
I will never call u my pastor either

grin
Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu My President - Pastor Bakare Says by Isokiscool(m): 11:15am On May 28, 2023
I supported PDP during d last election but this statement from bakare is d most senseless statement ever.If u like call him ur president and if you don't like leave it, Tinubu will surely rule for four years
Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu My President - Pastor Bakare Says by raphlegit(m): 3:44pm On May 28, 2023
My president oooo....president of the federal republic of Nigeria....What's the difference..

You people should playing with the minds of Nigeria . You will hiding under statements knowing fully well, the wrong saying might hunt you in the future. Politicians calling themselves pastors.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Reps Declare Nigeria Air Launch A Fraud / Police Arrest Woman Behind Olori Sekinat Elegushi’s Rumoured Death / Moment Akpabio Was Sworn In As Senate President And Takes Oath Of Office (video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.