Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Thank You President Obama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Thank You President Obama (663 Views)

President Obama’s Daughter Sasha Shares Cute Pics On Instagram (photos) / Zimbabweans Thank Nigerians And Sahara Reporters For Thrashing President Mugabe / President OBAMA In His CAR With A Bull Dog (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank You President Obama by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 28, 2011
I have a story for you all:

Sunday night, my gum, in the left corner pocket of my mouth was red and a little swollen. I went to bed on it, thinking that it might have been something I've eaten to make it inflamed.

By Monday morning, the swelling had at least doubled in size. I had lecture that day so I headed out to school. Before leaving, I had my mother, who's a nurse, look at it briefly for me. She asked if there was pain. I told her "no". I asked her if my face was looking swollen. She told me "no". So, I left for my lecture.

By the time I was in my lecturer's room, I knew an infection had formed. I rubbed the side of my face and felt it. It felt puffy and larger than before. Within 20 minutes of entering the room, my focus was on my cheek and mouth rather than the lecture. Pain began in my gums. It was small at first but progressed to throbbing, becoming unbearable.

Lecture was finally over. I rushed to the train station to return home. On my way there, I received many stares. Confirmation of facial swelling.

I was home by 3pm. Immediately I ran to my room to get the phone number for the dental office. I asked them if they could see me that day but they could not due to a packed schedule and the fact that they were closing soon. The soonest they could see me was 9am the following morning. I was given instructions to rinse my mouth, ice my cheek, and take it easy.

Tuesday morning had come. I went to the restroom to see my face. It was as if a ping pong ball was sitting in the left side of my mouth. There wasn't too much pain as I had taken 800mg of ibuprofen the night before. I got ready and headed to the dental office, 25 minutes away.

I arrived and was taken into a room almost immediately. The doctor came out and I explained to him the issue. He put on gloves and felt my cheek. It hurt. I opened my mouth. As he pressed against the cheek, he saw pus coming out from my gum. Confirmation of infection.

I got to the office at 8:56am and was given the news around 9:25am. By 11am, after my mom arrived, I was having an emergency oral surgery.

Today is Wednesday. The only pain I'm feeling is from the incision. The swelling has reduced. I think I'll be looking pretty again, in time for Saturday events.

Thank God my mother has two jobs to provide excellent insurance. Thank God again that healthcare reform included an extension for adults up to 26 years of age. This time last year, I was uninsured. I wasn't visiting the dentist. I was not getting my eyes checked. I was not going to the doctor. If this was to have happened then, I can't even begin to imagine the kind of run-around I'd be doing right now. Considering that this was an oral issue, my heart could have been effected if I waited any longer.

I count my lucky stars every day that I now have until I'm 26 years old, to be under my parents' health insurances.
Re: Thank You President Obama by NDelta(m): 11:38pm On Sep 28, 2011
undecided undecided such a long story
Re: Thank You President Obama by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 28, 2011
Sorry.

"So yesterday I went in to get a mouth infection checked out. I got to the office at 8:56am. By 11am, after my mom arrived, I was having an emergency oral surgery. Thank God my mother has two jobs to provide excellent insurance. Thank God again that healthcare reform included an extension for adults up to 26 years of age. If this was last year, I'd probably still be sitting here with an infected mouth and pain killers. Reform, signed by who?"

^^^ Short-version.
Re: Thank You President Obama by NDelta(m): 1:54am On Sep 29, 2011
ogugua darlin whats ur email ad?
Re: Thank You President Obama by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 29, 2011
Lol? smiley
Re: Thank You President Obama by NDelta(m): 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2011
Ogugua why no reply naw cry

(1) (Reply)

Feds Pressure African Dictator's Son To Surrender Ferrari, M. J. Glove. / Use Corp. Members For National Agricultural Improvement In Nigeria Instead Of Posting Them To Where/ / Feeding Boko Haram:The United Nations In A Gay Rights Plea To Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.