Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over (7113 Views)

Tinubu Takes First Salute As President, Inspects Guards Of Honour / Tinubu Takes A Bus Ride For APC Presidential Rally In Lagos (Pictures, Video) / MC Oluomo & Supporters Rejoice As Tinubu Takes Early Lead In APC Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by Styluss: 9:22pm On May 28, 2023
Excuses don begin. he fact is rate is between 720-780. We wait and see what happens in the next 4 years. Remember Buhari met at 216/$ and almost quadrupled it, we hope to see what happens in 4 years.
Heffalump:
@OP, be reminded that the rates were better a few weeks ago when dollar was exchanging at #725 to $1 (about 2 weeks ago). Everything started rallying up as soon as it became clear that Tinubu is to be sworn in. Do you need a around.
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by Nice2023(m): 9:25pm On May 28, 2023
demmie1:

Very dumb comment

Then u need to watch out if u are normal.

U don't sound smart at all.

Make a counter comment and stop abusing people if u know that u are mentally stable,but I doubt.
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by ysth(m): 9:40pm On May 28, 2023
tsdarkside:

it just doesnt make sense to you because corruption has eatin deep into you....
cuttin corners people....

sharrap their....
clown. You dont even understand your own explanation
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by Yourprick: 9:44pm On May 28, 2023
abhosts:
I bought dollar @ ₦780 on Friday.

So what magic do you want new President to perform about weak Naira? Does he have a dollar-printing machine?

His only realistic approach would be to convince multinational oil companies to increase their investments in Nigeria to raise our oil production to about 3m barrels per day. But even this option would take a few years to achieve.
the only magic is if he performs naira will def gain
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by ozo13(m): 9:46pm On May 28, 2023
Heffalump:
@OP, be reminded that the rates were better a few weeks ago when dollar was exchanging at #725 to $1 (about 2 weeks ago). Everything started rallying up as soon as it became clear that Tinubu is to be sworn in. Do you need a prophet of doom to tell you that Nigeria is having a bumpy ride soon? This is a very bad omen. Many have also kick-started their japa syndrome, because it's not going to be easy mehnn.

Believe me, if it was Obi/ Datti that was declared winner, the exchange rates would have been on the downward slide in favour of the naira. It would have restored investors confidence in Nigeria to some extent. Those who pulled back would have had some beacon of hope and given some slack.

Let me tell you, those self acclaimed powerful people that stole Obi's mandate thought they're politically powerful. You can't call yourself a Richman when members of your household are in abject poverty. It'll hurt everybody eventually. What goes around comes around.
hiss
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by Styluss: 9:47pm On May 28, 2023
lol
9jatriot:
When Sanusi was leaving the job for Meffy, exchange rate was 165, within one year still under Meffy, it had turn to 216. All these happened under Jonathan, so Meffy is the problem not anyone else.

One of the mistake of Buhar was not finding a way to fire him.
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by BRIMBRAM: 9:52pm On May 28, 2023
tsdarkside don't you also think that if Tinubu release Nnamdi Kanu who is being caged like a monkey in a zoo Naira will appreciate against the dollar?!
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by Yourprick: 9:57pm On May 28, 2023
BRIMBRAM:
tsdarkside don't you also think that if Tinubu release Nnamdi Kanu who is being caged like a monkey in a zoo Naira will appreciate against the dollar?!
🤣🤣
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by ManOfMan: 10:32pm On May 28, 2023
Ok
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by grandstar(m): 10:34pm On May 28, 2023
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by Oladeji245(m): 10:36pm On May 28, 2023
abhosts:

So what magic do you want new President to perform about weak Naira? Does he have a dollar-printing machine?

His only realistic approach would be to convince multinational oil companies to increase their investments in Nigeria to raise our oil production to about 3m barrels per day. But even this option would take a few years to achieve.
The excuse for tinubu failure have started in earnest 😂😂
Watch as slaves like this guy will defend every single tinubu failure
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by LikeAking: 10:38pm On May 28, 2023
tsdarkside:
you people no well....
this is not the official rate internationaly....
this is black market rate....

i dont blame una,i blame the goverment that is not serious makin it a criminal offence....
try this nonesense in other nations,they would put you in jail....

Keep quiet!
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by Phantom233: 10:40pm On May 28, 2023
abhosts:

Stop being ignorant,Is it only oil that we have in Nigeria? When one naira was equal to a dollar did we hear much about oil. Economy of a country gets worse when incompetent and notoriously Corrupt people occupy the topmost positions.
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by ibtommy(m): 10:49pm On May 28, 2023
Heffalump:
@OP, be reminded that the rates were better a few weeks ago when dollar was exchanging at #725 to $1 (about 2 weeks ago). Everything started rallying up as soon as it became clear that Tinubu is to be sworn in. Do you need a prophet of doom to tell you that Nigeria is having a bumpy ride soon? This is a very bad omen. Many have also kick-started their japa syndrome, because it's not going to be easy mehnn.

Believe me, if it was Obi/ Datti that was declared winner, the exchange rates would have been on the downward slide in favour of the naira. It would have restored investors confidence in Nigeria to some extent. Those who pulled back would have had some beacon of hope and given some slack.

Let me tell you, those self acclaimed powerful people that stole Obi's mandate thought they're politically powerful. You can't call yourself a Richman when members of your household are in abject poverty. It'll hurt everybody eventually. What goes around comes around.
You probably are on Jamaican weed. Your head has been blown off. See ya life outside. Were leleyi na. Can you read your comment again and reason for once?I guess you'd find that very difficult to do. Maggots have infested your brain so your sense of judgement has become dysfunctional. How on earth will a right thinking Nigerian youth reason like this I am sure Aro clinic needs you.
Where were you before the exchange got this bad? Pls, don't exonerate that wicked, fura-drinking good-for-nothing old man again. I thought you were all trying to put the blame on Jonathan before. So, Jonathan has been exonerated; BAT wet never start to rule na him dey responsible for old papa's 100% failure? You dey madt!!!
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by grandstar(m): 11:39pm On May 28, 2023
savcy:
Nigeria's Fx window should be most mysterious in the entire world. No one knows what it's based upon. Is it oil, gold or manufacturing. No one can say. And we have two Fx windows which makes it even more ridiculous. Why would you want to transact a business and the guiding exchange rate is the BLACK MARKET rate?

Buhari basically fixes the rate. The rate can only slide on Buhari's say-so and he has repeatedly said he does not believe in devaluation. This nonsense started in 2015 when he assumed office and fixed the exchange rate at 199

Tomorrow, he will be gone Tinubu has promised to make the Naira market reflective again. Emefiele, who enabled Buhari by not challenging him will now have a freer reign but may be kicked out by Tinubu and a more professional banker placed at the helm.

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:46pm On May 28, 2023
[/b]LET HIM JUST MAKE BANKS BRING BACK INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTIONS ON ATM CARDS... EVEN IF ITS JUST $500 PER CARD[b]

This alone will reduce reliance on black market to a large extent, leaving it only for heavy users
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by Bukola94: 6:25am On May 29, 2023
tsdarkside:

ehen....
this is actualy the official rate dealt in the entire bankin system worldwide....
if you go to bureau de change @aboki shops, u go dey hear 650 or 700. Y is it so? Me think say Yen ,the China currency should have value than the dollars, we import most of their goods and services into this country
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by misano(m): 12:28pm On May 29, 2023
abhosts:

I supported Obi in last election. I am just stating the facts about Nigeria's current economic reality.

Oh, sorry bro.
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by arejibadz(m): 2:17pm On May 29, 2023
thanks for this thread
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by arejibadz(m): 5:40am On Jul 19, 2023
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by Yourprick: 5:43am On Jul 19, 2023
not even up to two month we at 800

Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by Yourprick: 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2023
Omo 1500 before December

Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by OkCornel(m): 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2023
Keep calm, naira is trading for 300 to the USD just as Tinubu promised back in April.

Master strategist in the mud. Kikikiki

Tinubu till 2031.

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by ManOfMan: 10:50pm On Oct 23, 2023
It's N1250 to $1 today 24/10/2023
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by Tunechi5(m): 10:41am On Jan 29
😞

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:50am On Jan 29
It's gonna be 3000 naira to a dollar by year end. What a hopeless shithole.
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by being(m): 11:12am On Jan 29
tensazangetsu20:
It's gonna be 3000 naira to a dollar by year end. What a hopeless shithole.
This Tensa mouth sef...
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by Tochi3(m): 11:18am On Jan 29
grin grin
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:47am On Jan 29
being:

This Tensa mouth sef...
We warned that tinubu had nothing to offer. Since 2022 we started shouting.
Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by excanny: 1:23pm On Jan 29
It will crash when Dangote takes his pms to the market.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over by Yourprick: 1:39pm On Jan 29
excanny:
It will crash when Dangote takes his pms to the market.
lol we hope so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hyundai Paid N30M Kidnap Ransom, Police Say / Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa / Meet President Buhari's Personal Photographer, Bayo Omoboriowo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.