Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones (28151 Views)

Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce / Pastor Becky Enenche Builds 10-bedroom Apartment For Homeless Girls In Abuja / Dr. Becky Enenche's Birthday Celebration At Dunamis (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by Tareq1105: 7:41am On May 29, 2023
Rayban25:
If you attempt to go through my phone that is the end of the relationship/marriage.

Madam, pls talk to your husband to stay away from the dirty water of politics. I'm a Winner (Living Faith Church) and I love him so much but I'm not comfortable with his deep involvement in political talks and prophecy. All these prophecies are affecting the body of Christ negatively and I'm not comfortable with it.
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by Sammy5413(m): 7:47am On May 29, 2023
Until you're married you'll understand why she said so. You're still tender to understand the language of the elders
Kobojunkie:
Any woman who suggests this to others is not in a marriage herself but a prison defined by such restrictions. If you are not free to even look at your partner's phone, then you might as well say you are just fuckmates? undecided
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by Sammy5413(m): 7:49am On May 29, 2023
Anakogheri
Jennyclay:
If I can’t go through my man phone, then he shouldn’t go through my phone.

I must know his password to his phone and ATM card.
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by simfrost90210: 7:51am On May 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Any woman who suggests this to others is not in a marriage herself but a prison defined by such restrictions. If you are not free to even look at your partner's phone, then you might as well say you are just fuckmates? undecided

"Looking at" and "checking" are not the same.
Looking at and looking through are not same..
She's insisting you don't have to "look through" or "check" your husband's phone to avoid misconceptions of any sort if you're built psychologically on suspicion.. You can actually "look at" your partner's phone, YES but for safety reasons, if you're an insecure type, don't look through it😊

But everyone should just be free with their partners... It's a love union not a contract 😅

Happy Inauguration Day..
Don't have a good day.. Have a great day!!!
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by xamodans: 8:09am On May 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:

I get you, but I think what she means is that any woman that is in the habit of checking her husband's phone to dig up or investigate is laying a foundation of distrust..
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by sniperr007(m): 8:31am On May 29, 2023
Jennyclay:

I agree. It's a just to know his password and vice versa
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by okoroemeka(m): 8:54am On May 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
what the woman indirectly saying is that if you put your finger into your anus you must smell shit,there are many things to see when you look into a man's phone,best option is simply to leave it alone
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by NairaMaster1(m): 8:59am On May 29, 2023
Jennyclay:

That is why it is difficult for you people to keep your marriage.
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by Bigii(m): 9:21am On May 29, 2023
Jennyclay:

Come and collect my password baby😋
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by Nobody: 9:39am On May 29, 2023
Tareq1105:

Madam, pls talk to your husband to stay away from the dirty water of politics. I'm a Winner (Living Faith Church) and I love him so much but I'm not comfortable with his deep involvement in political talks and prophecy. All these prophecies are affecting the body of Christ negatively and I'm not comfortable with it.

Check again you may have quoted the wrong person..cause your write up has no correlation with my post
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by korede181: 9:50am On May 29, 2023
Jennyclay:

hhhhhhh..must... who told you that you will even marry....use your words wisely since you have no clue of the future
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by dedoz: 10:07am On May 29, 2023
How about trusting someone so much!!..the person is faithful and all that! Then boom!!! The person changes along the line....As I am now,I don't trust anyone....the phone may not be passworded but the chats will be hidden such that you can't find them....Once bitten twice shy.
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:34am On May 29, 2023
ecolime:
For you to snoop on your wife or husband by checking their phones, it means there is no trust in that marriage and your union is also not grounded as well.

I have no reason to secretly check my wife's phone even though we share the same password. Wetin I dey find?

If my wife dey check mine, then na she sabi because there is absolutely nothing to hide. The summary is love your spouse and be faithful to the extent that it's pointless to snoop around their stuffs in search of NOTHING

Nope. It isn't about "secretly" checking.

I and my husband should be free enough to have our phones open to each other, even though we have a sense of responsibility, maturity & trust to not be funny with the access granted.

An ideal marriage in my thinking is one where my husband knows I have access to everything, and he also does to mine.

But because we're responsible people who trust each other, we do not abuse openness & transparency.

As a teenager, I was my mum's right-hand woman.

I had access to all her everything. Knew all the accounts and cooperatives she maintained, her fixed deposits, expiration dates for all...her ATM cards and pins, her phone and the password.

Infact, I could go to her office to help her conclude a screening exercise. Her colleagues knew me, and would facilitate the process.
On those occasions, I simply took all the documents that were required.

But I never for once withdrew her money without permission...or started reading her SMS or emails.

Infact, I could ask for certain things and she'd defer it...while we both knew the money was available.

That's how I believe marriage partners should be with one another also.

But then again, to each man his own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:40am On May 29, 2023
Jovialjune1:
For a married man to password his phone, that means he has so many things to hide, meaning he is not to be trusted, and if a marriage is not bound by trust whereby everything is laid bare, that marriage is bound to fail.

Don't mind them.

This is why it's important to marry correctly, checking all the indices that matter...and then being a good person themselves.

After that, people in marriage must really activate trust. Practice trusting one another. It's an essential ingredient in having a successful marriage, and an intimate one.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:41am On May 29, 2023
bukatyne:

If she said phone checking is indicative of lack of trust and both parties or wives (depending on the audience) should work towards a trust marriage, I concur.

If she said wives should mind their business and stop intruding on their husbands' privacy, I absolutely disagree.

In a Christian home, there is no privacy and no personal business to mind. This is a 'worldly' wisdom and principles creeping into the Church.

That's why every Christian owe himself/herself the duty to study the Word and understand for themselves.

Spot on!

And it's disappointing that message is coming from a Christian matriarch.

When there's a battle in this age to help marriages thrive, to teach people what a kingdom marriage looks like, Mrs Enenche is instead, postulating worldy principles.
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by kwasoly(m): 10:53am On May 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:

What exactly are you looking for in your partners phone, kindly school me on that.
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:57am On May 29, 2023
Angelfrost:
My wife checks my phone whenever she feels like... Mostly when she has nothing else worth her time. cheesy

I never have issues with that... I'm that "liberal''! I often wonder what she intends to find, especially as she primarily heads in one specific direction: The Good Ol Whatsapp!

Ironically, I have never looked at her messages or phone... I only see those when or if she shows me! I have no mental space for such snooping!

Now, here is the thing... If I were unfaithful or a cheat, would I really be that dense, disrespectful, or careless to leave the evidence on my phone??! Come on!

How dumb can a man or woman be to leave pictures, videos, or texts about their infidelities on their devices??! Even if it's well-passworded, it is still stupid!

Well, trust has to be earned... However, peace of mind comes from not constantly looking for what you didn't keep! If you constantly live in suspicion of your significant other, then you really are in the wrong relationship!

@emboldened

That's what most people are missing.

Having access to each other's phone is simply about ensuring transparency & accountability.

I believe the best way to avoid temptation, is to not get into temptation.

I believe in "fleeing" every appearance of evil.

Let's use the CCTV camera at work, for instance. We know that no one is necessarily watching the camera in all sections 24/7. But you know that the camera is capturing. And so because your job is important to you, and you know that the office may stumble on what you've done while the camera was on, you'd simply not risk doing certain things that aren't allowed on cam.

But if the camera wasn't there AT ALL! Trust me, crazy things would happen at work everyday!

That's part of the rationale behind partners having access to each other's phones. When I have an access to my partner's device, I don't go checking. Everything isn't about whether or not someone is cheating. There are more things than that. Family discussions, business transactions, places visited, discussions with friends & acquaintances, etc. I do not just sit down and start snooping.
But for as long as he knows I have access and would see something funny if I decided to do a deep-dive, he'll always remember to not start those things.

That's the point. Reducing allowances for untoward behaviour.
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:00am On May 29, 2023
BJanta:
Is this really a woman of GOD? Why would a man not freely leave his phone anywhere in the house? My wife can take my phone and travel abroad for all I care. Let her just leave another one for me to use. Is dustrust a sin if there's ground for it ? Why would the woman not search her spouse's phone if there's a strong reason for this, and then discuss any matter that may arise in the Christian way. Would this not be much better than bottling up emotions but nursing a grudge and resentments? All these self-ordained pastors with their carnal messages.

Very carnal message.
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:02am On May 29, 2023
Clash01:
My wife know the passwords to everything I have including emails and Atm cards, as I know all her passwords too. If I die today she should be able to Access everything I have without stress. That one no mean say I no still dey run tinz outside once in a while

Stop running things outside your home. It may seem like fun today, and that you're getting away with it, but you're creating cracks in your home. Giving the devil legal access into your home.

One day he'll come to occupy. So please desist and consecrate while the time is there.
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by Angelfrost(m): 11:20am On May 29, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

@emboldened

That's what most people are missing.

Having access to each other's phone is simply about ensuring transparency & accountability.

I believe the best way to avoid temptation, is to not get into temptation.

I believe in "fleeing" every appearance of evil.

Let's use the CCTV camera at work, for instance. We know that no one is necessarily watching the camera in all sections 24/7. But you know that the camera is capturing. And so because your job is important to you, and you know that the office may stumble on what you've done while the camera was on, you'd simply not risk doing certain things that aren't allowed on cam.

But if the camera wasn't there AT ALL! Trust me, crazy things would happen at work everyday!

That's part of the rationale behind partners having access to each other's phones. When I have an access to my partner's device, I don't go checking. Everything isn't about whether or not someone is cheating. There are more things than that. Family discussions, business transactions, places visited, discussions with friends & acquaintances, etc. I do not just sit down and start snooping.
But for as long as he knows I have access and would see something funny if I decided to do a deep-dive, he'll always remember to not start those things.

That's the point. Reducing allowances for untoward behaviour.

You have said it all... Nothing more to add! Quite apt!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:24am On May 29, 2023
Aposteli1:

God bless you abundantly in Jesus name.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:28am On May 29, 2023
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously cool speaking

If you like check, if you no like no check, person wey wan cheat go cheat, this matter has been deliberated on since B.C and them never still find solution to am.

Most marriages this days are just for titles, so expect more divorces.

There's a solution. Most people simply do not want to defer to that solution.

The solution is to first be children of God, and then to do marriage as prescribed in the bible.

To let the Holy Spirit be the wisdom that runs the marriage, not hot takes, and inconsistent personal philosophies.
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:35am On May 29, 2023
Ellasure:
anybody that is without some secrets is open to any form of attacks and he is not in a secured ground.

a woman should have some secrets of thoughts and actions that will help guide and direct her life. how will she manage her kitchen without some secrets. without secrets you can not be good at making money and keeping friends. you are living free and very dangerous to the family.

most non secretive people don't last in relationship because they are always afraid. they often lack good measures of circumstances and situations. moreover they can not be trusted with any information relating to family progress and development.

unserious people don't have secrets. can Dangote live or survived without some secrets of thoughts and actions of his own. great minds must have secrets and keep them to chest. churches have their secrets,mosques have. so who are you not to.

animals have secrets for strength and when engaged in fights they are deployed. nations and army have secrets too otherwise enemies will make mincemeat of them.

only some women of easy virtues goes about checking phones pf other people because of idleness for meddlesomeness. very stupid behavior.

You've expounded beyond the context.
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by smokeyupu(m): 11:55am On May 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:

GO AND BE CHECKING YOUR PARENTS PHONE SINCE IT'S YUR FAVORITE PASTIME
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by erniok(m): 12:53pm On May 29, 2023
bukatyne:

If she said phone checking is indicative of lack of trust and both parties or wives (depending on the audience) should work towards a trust marriage, I concur.

If she said wives should mind their business and stop intruding on their husbands' privacy, I absolutely disagree.

In a Christian home, there is no privacy and no personal business to mind. This is a 'worldly' wisdom and principles creeping into the Church.

That's why every Christian owe himself/herself the duty to study the Word and understand for themselves.
Pst has quickly forgotten "both were naked and not ashamed". If yoga is making madam check the phone, he needs to embark on a spiritual retreat as a Christian.
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by ucheuzor1(m): 1:57pm On May 29, 2023
Jennyclay:

You want to steal his money abi. People like me that don't check debit alert or account balance, you'll just loot me finish.
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by boxypane(m): 2:23pm On May 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Privacy in marriage? undecided
Exactly. Are you married sir?
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On May 29, 2023
boxypane:
Exactly. Are you married sir?
Oh, now you think because my opinion and experience differs from yours it means I am not married. Look, your case is like that of a woman who thinks the only way to raise is to flog said child whenever it errs,ignorant of the fact that there are less brutal and even more effective ways of doing the exact same. undecided

Marriages break up whether you check each other's phones of you don't. So, telling me that not checking your partner's phones is key to longevity marriage is another foolish trip down the path of denial. undecided
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by boxypane(m): 3:50pm On May 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Oh, now you think because my opinion and experience differs from yours it means I am not married. Look, your case is like that of a woman who thinks the only way to raise is to flog said child whenever it errs,ignorant of the fact that there are less brutal and even more effective ways of doing the exact same. undecided

Marriages break up whether you check each other's phones of you don't. So, telling me that not checking your partner's phones is key to longevity marriage is another foolish trip down the path of denial. undecided
You didn't answer the question sir. Rather resulted into demeaning the conversation.
It's obvious you're still suckling.
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On May 29, 2023
boxypane:
■ You didn't answer the question sir. Rather resulted into demeaning the conversation.
It's obvious you're still suckling.
I didn't answer because this issue is not meant to be subjective but objective . undecided
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by boxypane(m): 4:12pm On May 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I didn't answer because this issue is not meant to be subjective but objective . undecided
And that's why you downgraded the female gender in your previous statement?
Re: Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On May 29, 2023
boxypane:
■ And that's why you downgraded the female gender in your previous statement?
What in the world are you talking about? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Your January Salary Is For Me And Not The Church — Pastor Anosike (video) / Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group / What Is The Meaning Of S U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.