Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians (384 Views)

10 Countries With The Largest Number Of Christians- Statisense / Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen / Pictures Of Christians Celebrating Easter Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Myer(m): 5:15pm On May 28, 2023
Chlldren's Day Service
Date: 28th May, 2023
Message Satan's Favorite Kind of Christians
Pastor Segun Keku

There are some Christians that are Satan's favorite type of Christians.
I pray we will be Jesus' favorite type of Christians.

Eph.6.11-13 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Why is it that the armour seems not to be working in the life of Christians?

Paul reminds us that our battle is not with flesh and blood.
It is important for you and I to prepare for the Battle.
The devil goes around like a roaring lion looking for whom to devour.
The person that wants to destroy you will never tell you. They will be doing it secretly.
But when you are fervent in prayer Christ fights your battles.

God has shown us the armour
1. Belt of Truth
2. Breastplate of righteousness
3. Shoe of the gospel of Peace
4. Shield of Faith
5. Helmet of Salvation
6. Sword of the Spirit.

Your shoe, when last did you put it on?
When last did you preach the gospel of peace?
Helmet protects us. Is your helmet on?

Every month has its own arrows.
As we go into the new month put on the whole armour.

Qualities of Satan Favorite Type Of Christians
Ephesians 6:10, Eph 5:14-17
1. They are weak in the Lord.
2. They come to church but they don't come to Christ.
3. They learn but do not come to understanding of what they learn.
4. They go back to continue in sin.
5. They have the form of godliness but deny the power there of.
6. They want time for enjoyment before repentance. Christians that preach there is still time for repentance in the future.
7. Sleeping Christans. Wake up!
8. They believe what will be will be.
9. They are unwise.
10. Christians that panic in the face of challenges.
11. Christians that worry.
12. Christians that complain.
13. Christians that cannot stand on the Word of God.
14. Ignorant Christians. Ephesians 5:6

Some churches preach that you can enjoy yourself now where as the scripture says, Today is the day of Salvation, tomorrow may be too late. Redeem the time because the days are evil.
People are dying everyday.
Because everything looks good now does not mean the days are not evil or things are okay.

There are 2 kinds of people;
1. "I cannot stand proverty. I want to be rich."
The Lord will make them realise that in every riches there are challenges. The rich also cry.

2. "I don't want to look for evil money. I want to stay and wait for God's time." They will also face challenges.
There is time for everything. Eccls 3.

Are you ready to wait when the time to slow you down comes?
When there's no money can we still think straight? Or do you lose faith?

What makes you a Christian is your ability to call on God in the time of trouble. Ps 118:10

If one is weak in time of trouble the devil will destroy such. Prov 24:10
The devil wants you to lose faith in God and in prayers. He brings situations and can surround you with challenges.

1. When there is no one to help you, Be Strong.
2. When challenges come, Be Strong.
3. When there's no food to eat, Be Strong.
4. When sickness comes, Be Strong.

When such challenges come look up to God. Call upon Jesus. Jesus is the solution to every problem, even when you cannot see Him, Jesus is working.

Do not be an ignorant Christian. There are so many false teachers.
You will be able to identify them by their enticing words. They know they will have followers when they preach enticing words.

Prove what is acceptable to God.
When you know the original you will know the fake. You will know the Truth.
Stand firm with the Scriptures.
If in the last days many will be deceived, should you be among?
Strengthen yourself in the LORD.
The bible does not say be strong in your self, your ability, your intelligence. It says "Be strong in the LORD. "

There are 2 ways to be Strong in the Lord;
1. Be Strong in the Lord and the Power of His Might.
2. Put on the Whole Armour of God.

Focus more on number 1. Be Strong in the LORD first of all. Otherwise your armour will not be strong.
A fearful soldier will run from battle no matter the armor he puts on. Even when he has not started the battle he has already confessed that he will lose.

Know why you are in church.
-You're coming to church because of Christ and Eternity.
-Because God created us to worship him and we have no choice.
-If you do not worship God you will automatically worship the devil.

While you do all the church activities and Fasting and etc, are you strong?
So many start well but because of their strength is not enough, they stop or become weary.

Whatever you're doing for the church you are sowing into your future, you're not helping the pastor.
Pastor testifies of how he has always been working for God and not for his Pastors. He works with his whole might knowing it is on to the LORD and not to man. And the District Pastor made him the Pastor in charge of their whole pastor to the surprise of many.
When you're strong in the Lord you will be lifted beyond your expectation.

Some of us use our common sense with God.
We forget that some thing can be politically right but spiritually wrong.
So many pastors are looking for position from Distrrict pastors.
When God promotes you, he gives you the capacity.

Don't look for position or man's reward. Wait for God's reward. Be pleased doing the work of God.
If you're not strong, you'll go no where.
A strong Christian believes in the Strength and Word of the LORD even over his life.

Everyone will write examination before the Lord. Going through challenges as a believer is part of your exam.
Pastor speaks the truth because he does not want to be condemned before God for not speaking the truth.

Challenges will come and go.
Do not be afraid of challenges.
Do not look at material things.
Do not rely on your bank account.
Do not rely on your connections or other powers.
Don't look right or left.
Look on to the LORD, the Author and Finisher of our faith.
Rely on God alone. When you rely on God alone, your helpers will be prospering.
As you rely on God, God makes provision for your helpers. God opens favor to you.
When you rely on God, your solution is simple.
When you turn to wrong people they will make matters worse and add more fear to your problem. They get you desperate and lead you wrongly.

We cannot battle Satan with our own strength. Do not boast in your prayer ability. Devil is not afraid of anyone or any pastor. It's all about Jesus.
It is only by being strong in the Lord that we can access His Great Power.

How can you say you are strong in the Lord when you hardly read the bible?
How can you say you're strong in the Lord when you're interpreting the Word of God your own way?

Come to me and I will give you rest should not be interpreted that we should not work.
Which bible verse can you use to fight the devil when you have the wrong interpretation?

Jeremiah 28:1-16 Beware of False Prophets who make you believe a lie.
For Christians not to have the form of godliness and deny the power thereof, you have to be strong in the Lord.

How can you be strong;
1. When you don't come for bibles study and prayers.
2. When you do not meditate on the word of the Lord
3. When teachers are perverse. We are in the last days.

Rebuke when necessary. Those who do not want to hear sound doctrine hate to be rebuked and they turn to false prophets who teach false doctrines and fables 2 Tim 4:1-5
False pastors target your finances. It's not about you it's about themselves. Once you are no longer useful for them they turn to some one else. Turn away from them. 2 Tim 3: 1-8
They can quote Scriptures but are evil.

Paul was able to say confidently that he did not owe or rob anyone.
God will judge us all.

Even the strongest man needs to be strong in the Lord.
Let no one think he has arrived.
The same temptation that can take away a member can take away the pastor. Do not lose guard.
Even Jesus prayed fervently and submits to the Will of God.

No matter how you shout, those that will perish will perish. Devil does evangelism more. So a lot of people do not want sound doctrines.
Weak Christians are the prey/victims of the devil.

David killed giants. When challenges came David knew how to strengthen himself in the Lord.. 1 Sam 30:6
Do not let your emotions control or trouble you no matter the challenges you're going through.
Don't die, stay in the Lord. Don't go to any other power. Know that there's power in the name of Jesus.

Some pastors are the ones teaching Christ what to do. When God gives instruction, they tell God a better way to do things. A more sophisticated and modernised way. Phil 4:13, Rom 8:38-39, Ps 20:7

When things get tough, strengthen your self in the Lord.
No matter what is giving you fear, strengthen yourself in the LORD.
Wait on the Lord. The Word of the Lord can never fail.

Ps.27.1 - The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?

Do not entertain fear.

Jesus Christ is more than able to do abundantly above and beyond what we need. Ephesians 3:20
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On May 28, 2023
Myer:
■ There are some Christians that are Satan's favorite type of Christians.I pray we will be Jesus' favorite type of children. Eph.6.11-13 Why is it that the armour seems not to be working in the life of Christians? Paul reminds us that our battle is not with flesh and blood. It is important for you and I to prepare for the Battle. The devil goes around like a roaring lion looking for whom to devour. The person that wants to destroy you will never tell you. They will be doing it secretly. But when you are fervent in prayer Christ fights your battles.
■ God has shown us the armour 1. Belt of Truth 2. Breastplate of righteousness 3. Shoe of the gospel of Peace 4. Shield of Faith 5. Helmet of Salvation 6. Sword of the Spirit. Your shoe, when last did you put it on? When last did you preach the gospel of peace? Helmet protects us. Is your helmet on? Every month has its own arrows. As we go into the new month put on the whole armour.
1. To understand why the armor does not work for you, you first need to understand the "what" of the armor and the "who" of the armor.

In Ephesians 6, Paul supposedly instructs his audience to put on, what he refers to as the "full armor of God" without necessarily indicating the how of this feat. This has led many in the religion of Christianity to assume that it is indeed possible for them to clad themselves in this very armor, even without directly paying attention to the teachings of Jesus Christ, the one who is the Gospel and Law in the Kingdom of God — the Redeemer who comes to save.

In his letter, Paul mentions the full armor as being necessary but only goes on to mention only about six aspects of the armor. Let's in fact explore what God said through His prophets regarding the armor of God and also the one who wears it.

■ Starting in Isaiah 59, the prophet Isaiah informed us that the one who is in fact adorned with the full of armor of God is the Lord, the Redeemer, Himself.
15 Loyalty is gone, and people who try to do good are robbed. The Lord looked and saw there was no justice. He did not like what he saw.
16 He did not see anyone speak up for the people. He was shocked to see that no one stood up for them. So with his own power, he saved them. His desire to do what is right gave him strength.
17 He put on the armor of goodness, the helmet of salvation, the uniform of punishment, and the coat of strong love.
18 He will give his enemies the punishment they deserve. They will feel his anger. He will punish all his enemies. People along the coast will get the punishment they deserve.
19 People from the west to the east will fear the Lord and respect his Glory. He will come quickly, like a fast-flowing river driven by a wind from the Lord.
20 Then a redeemer will come to Zion to save the people of Jacob who have turned away from sin.
21And as for me, this is my covenant with them,” says the Lord: “My Spirit that is upon you, and my words that I have put in your mouth, shall not depart out of your mouth, or out of the mouth of your offspring, or out of the mouth of your children's offspring,” says the Lord, “from this time forth and forevermore.” - Isaiah 59 vs 15 - 18
The Lord, our Redeemer, is the one who wears the
Helmet of salvation
The breastplate of righteousness
The Sword of Spirit
The Uniform of Punishment
The Coat of Strong Love
■ In Isaiah 52, Isaiah further informed us that the Redeemer wears
the shoes of Peace.
5 Now therefore what have I here,” declares the Lord, “seeing that my people are taken away for nothing? Their rulers wail,” declares the Lord, “and continually all the day my name is despised.
6 Therefore my people shall know my name. Therefore in that day they shall know that it is I who speak; here I am.”
7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.” - Isaiah 52 vs 5 - 7
■ In Isaiah 11, the prophet also informed us that the Lord, the King, is the one who is clad with the
Belt of Truth
1. A small tree[a] will begin to grow from the stump of Jesse. That branch will grow from Jesse’s roots.
[b]2
The Lord’s Spirit will always be with that new king to give him wisdom, understanding, guidance, and power. The Spirit will help him know and respect the Lord.
3 He will find joy in obeying the Lord. This king will not judge people by the way things look. He will not judge by listening to rumors.
4-5 He will judge the poor fairly and honestly. He will be fair when he decides what to do for the poor of the land. If he decides people should be beaten, he will give the command, and they will be beaten. If he decides people must die, he will give the command, and those evil people will be killed. Goodness(Righteousness) and fairness will be like a belt he wears around his waist. - Isaiah 11 vs 1 - 5

■ And in Psalm 91, we are instructed by David to make the Lord our refuge and our fortress for it is in fact His faithfulness — not ours — that is our shield and buckler
Shield of Faith
1. He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
3 For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
5 You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
8 You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked.- Psalm 91 vs 1 - 8
The one who in fact does the fighting against the enemy on our behalf and wins all the time, meaning we have no battles to fight so long as we are under the Lord's refuge and fortress.

What all this means is that one cannot literally put on the armor of God as people like most in the religion of Christianity like to pretend a possibility. So, how does one then go about getting the armor to be on his side of things? Well, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer Himself, said in John 15 that He will abide in those who abide in Him.
5 “I am the vine, and you are the branches. If you stay joined to me, and I to you, you will produce plenty of fruit. But separated from me you won’t be able to do anything.
6 If you don’t stay joined to me, you will be like a branch that has been thrown out and has dried up. All the dead branches like that are gathered up, thrown into the fire and burned.
7 Stay joined together with me, and follow my teachings. If you do this, you can ask for anything you want, and it will be given to you.
8 Show that you are my followers by producing much fruit. This will bring honor[c] to my Father. - John 15 vs 5 - 8
To put on the armor of God means to get on the good side of the one who is in fact clad in the full armor of God, Jesus Christ. And Jesus Christ said t do that is to love Him undecided
15 “If you love me, you will do what I command.
16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper[a] to be with you forever.
17 The Helper is the Spirit of truth. The people of the world cannot accept him, because they don’t see him or know him. But you know him. He lives with you, and he will be in you.
18 “I will not leave you all alone like orphans. I will come back to you.
19 In a very short time the people in the world will not see me anymore. But you will see me. You will live because I live.
20 On that day you will know that I am in the Father. You will know that you are in me and I am in you.
21 Those who really love me are the ones who not only know my commands but also obey them. My Father will love such people, and I will love them. I will make myself known to them.” - John 14 vs 15 - 21

So, as you can see, from the Prophets, the armor of God is worn by the person of Jesus Christ, and not by your person. The reason why "the armor" does not work for Christians is that they abide by the doctrines and traditions of men(and their many religious leaders) — lies— and not by Jesus Christ, the one who dorns the armor. You cannot have the protection of the one who wears the armor if you refuse to submit yourself in obedience to His every teaching and commandment. undecided

2. Religious rituals will never cut it as far as abiding in Jesus Christ. You folks seem to spend an obscene amount of your time claiming you study Satan, when you would be better off spending all of that time focused instead on Jesus Christ, the one who you pretend you wish to benefit from. undecided
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 5:01am On May 29, 2023
You mean churchgoers and not Christians.

It is churchgoers whom Satan likes.
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by FRANCISTOWN: 5:59am On May 29, 2023
Satan is always the miserable excuse for God's failure

Holla at the nigga who said that stuff
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Myer(m): 9:42pm On May 30, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:
Satan is always the miserable excuse for God's failure

Holla at the nigga who said that stuff

Guess who Satan is? Your flesh.
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Kobojunkie: 9:49pm On May 30, 2023
Myer:
So Jesus Christ, when He was on earth, carried Satan around with Him? Come one peoples! God gave us each brains for a good reason. undecided
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Myer(m): 11:20pm On May 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So Jesus Christ, when He was on earth, carried Satan around with Him? Come one peoples! God gave us each brains for a good reason. undecided

Jesus Christ walked in the fullness of the Holy spirit. Do you remember when Jesus called Peter Satan?
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Kobojunkie: 11:28pm On May 30, 2023
Myer:
■ Jesus Christ walked in the fullness of the Hoky spirit.
■ Do you remember when Jesus called Peter Satan?
1. So when Jesus Christ wept blood, it was the holy spirit sweating blood? And when Jesus Christ bled, it was also the Holy Spirit bleeding? undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not call Peter Satan, rather Jesus Christ directed His response at Satan. undecided
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Myer(m): 5:08am On May 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. To understand why the armor does not work for you, you first need to understand the "what" of the armor and the "who" of the armor.

In Ephesians 6, Paul supposedly instructs his audience to put on, what he refers to as the "full armor of God" without necessarily indicating the how of this feat. This has led many in the religion of Christianity to assume that it is indeed possible for them to clad themselves in this very armor, even without directly paying attention to the teachings of Jesus Christ, the one who is the Gospel and Law in the Kingdom of God — the Redeemer who comes to save.

In his letter, Paul mentions the full armor as being necessary but only goes on to mention only about six aspects of the armor. Let's in fact explore what God said through His prophets regarding the armor of God and also the one who wears it.

■ Starting in Isaiah 59, the prophet Isaiah informed us that the one who is in fact adorned with the full of armor of God is the Lord, the Redeemer, Himself.
The Lord, our Redeemer, is the one who wears the
Helmet of salvation
The breastplate of righteousness
The Sword of Spirit
The Uniform of Punishment
The Coat of Strong Love
■ In Isaiah 52, Isaiah further informed us that the Redeemer wears
the shoes of Peace.

■ In Isaiah 11, the prophet also informed us that the Lord, the King, is the one who is clad with the
Belt of Truth

■ And in Psalm 91, we are instructed by David to make the Lord our refuge and our fortress for it is in fact His faithfulness — not ours — that is our shield and buckler
Shield of Faith
The one who in fact does the fighting against the enemy on our behalf and wins all the time, meaning we have no battles to fight so long as we are under the Lord's refuge and fortress.

What all this means is that one cannot literally put on the armor of God as people like most in the religion of Christianity like to pretend a possibility. So, how does one then go about getting the armor to be on his side of things? Well, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer Himself, said in John 15 that He will abide in those who abide in Him.
To put on the armor of God means to get on the good side of the one who is in fact clad in the full armor of God, Jesus Christ. And Jesus Christ said t do that is to love Him undecided

So, as you can see, from the Prophets, the armor of God is worn by the person of Jesus Christ, and not by your person. The reason why "the armor" does not work for Christians is that they abide by the doctrines and traditions of men(and their many religious leaders) — lies— and not by Jesus Christ, the one who dorns the armor. You cannot have the protection of the one who wears the armor if you refuse to submit yourself in obedience to His every teaching and commandment. undecided

2. Religious rituals will never cut it as far as abiding in Jesus Christ. You folks seem to spend an obscene amount of your time claiming you study Satan, when you would be better off spending all of that time focused instead on Jesus Christ, the one who you pretend you wish to benefit from. undecided

Are you formerly a pastor?
Or did you go to school of theology?
I am sincerely curious.
You have a good knowledge of Scriptures and you have spoken well here.

I honestly have stopped reading your comments.
I didn't even know that I was replying you last night. I may not have.

Because as the scripture advices,
Iam guarding my heart with all diligence for out of it springs rhe issues of life. Prov 4:23

I am careful what seeds/ideas/leaven/doctrines I expose myself to.

I am working out my own salvation with fear and trembling. Phil 2:12

Even though I know this, that;
I am kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:5

And I am confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in me will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; Phil 1:6

I believe Isaiah and Ephesians have highlighted the What and How as you have listed.
And you have also rightly said it is through submission to the teachings and obedience to the commands of Jesus Christ.

The questions you should ask now are;

1. How do you submit yourself in obedience to every teaching and commandment of Jesus Christ?

2. Can a man obey all His commands?
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Myer(m): 5:40am On May 31, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:
You mean churchgoers and not Christians.

It is churchgoers whom Satan likes.

I mean those who call themselves Christians.
Everyone who goes to church/building is a church-goer. But not all church-goers are Christians.

We are believers first, then disciples until eventually we grow to become Christians.
We are not the ones who should call ourselves Christians, it is others who should call us Christians as it happened in Antioch, as they begin to see the life/fruit/likeness of Christ in us.
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by FRANCISTOWN: 5:47am On May 31, 2023
Myer:

You are not the one to tell me what or who my flesh is. At least, it's my "own" flesh.
My flesh is my flesh, your own flesh might be Satan.
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 10:43am On May 31, 2023
Myer:

I mean those who call themselves Christians....

Anyone, including satanists, can call themselves Christian. And they are not.

Satan hates Christians and the only thing he does to them is to try to kill them, for he already knows that none of his tricks and ploys work on them, meanwhile they destroy his businesses.

So, you can not be referring to them.
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Kobojunkie: 1:46pm On May 31, 2023
Myer:
■ The questions you should ask now are;
1. How do you submit yourself in obedience to every teaching and commandment of Jesus Christ?
2. Can a man obey all His commands?
I will get back to your other thoughts later on, as I am more curious as to why you are still asking this question even at this point. undecided

1. Pretty much the same you, as a child, chose to submit yourself in obedience to your parents even when you did not have clear understanding as to the reason behind many of their demands/commands. undecided

2. Yes, the righteous men of Old did it in order to become Holy - in compliance to the Law. Abraham, Isaac, Moses, John the Baptist, Elijah, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Anna, even Jesus Christ, including His disciples did it. undecided
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On May 31, 2023
Myer:
■ Are you formerly a pastor? Or did you go to school of theology? I am sincerely curious. You have a good knowledge of Scriptures and you have spoken well here. I honestly have stopped reading your comments. I didn't even know that I was replying you last night. I may not have.
■ Because as the scripture advices, Iam guarding my heart with all diligence for out of it springs rhe issues of life. Prov 4:23
■ I am careful what seeds/ideas/leaven/doctrines I expose myself to. I am working out my own salvation with fear and trembling. Phil 2:12
■ Even though I know this, that; I am kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:5 And I am confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in me will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; Phil 1:6 I believe Isaiah and Ephesians have highlighted the What and How as you have listed. And you have also rightly said it is through submission to the teachings and obedience to the commands of Jesus Christ.
1. Unlike your pastors and mogs, the Father Himself is my one and only Teacher. As He made clear, He alone will teach those who belong to Him about Himself. The Father did not change His mind, nor did He forget what He said He would do to those who choose Him - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 & Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10
41 So the Jews grumbled about him, because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.”
42 They said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does he now say, ‘I have come down from heaven’?”
43 Jesus answered them, “Do not grumble among yourselves.
44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.
45 It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me—
46 not that anyone has seen the Father except he who is from God; he has seen the Father. - John 6 vs 41 - 46
2. Interesting! From where I sit, you swallow up so easily, the lies fed to you by pastors and mogs, yet you supposedly guard your heart, diligently too, from the very one who is the Truth of God, Jesus Christ. How can the fountain of life flow from a life that guards itself so very well against the Truth of God? You push against drinking from the source of living waters — living in submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's very own New Law, and the New source of living water Himself — yet you believe from out of you flows living water? How is that possible? Or did you not clearly comprehend the verse you quoted from the book of Proverbs there? undecided

3. According to Jesus Christ, the only way to work out your salvation is by living your life in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments, God's Law and Truth, the only path to redemption. So, if you refuse to follow the only way, doesn't that then mean that whatever other work you do, even if done out of fear and trembling, amounts to nothing — from its beginning to its end? undecided

4. I can go on and on but I think you should get the idea by now, quoting verses without a clear understanding of the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, amounts to more of the same old meaninglessness. undecided
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Myer(m): 3:51pm On May 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I will get back to your other thoughts later on, as I am more curious as to why you are still asking this question even at this point. undecided

1. Pretty much the same you, as a child, chose to submit yourself in obedience to your parents even when you did not have clear understanding as to the reason behind many of their demands/commands. undecided

2. Yes, the righteous men of Old did it in order to become Holy - in compliance to the Law. Abraham, Isaac, Moses, John the Baptist, Elijah, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Anna, even Jesus Christ, including His disciples did it. undecided

I will actually like to meet you.
I believe our engagement now goes beyond a faceless platform.
Some communications/transmissions are better in person.
Hopefully someday soon.

We are saying virtually the same thing, yet there's a slight difference in our doctrine which has created a rather wide dichotomy in our understanding.

Only the Spirit of Truth and Revelation can help us here.

Wisdom is useless/counterproductive without understanding. And knowledge puffs up without Wisdom.
Adequate knowledge and understanding produces True Wisdom.

This is going to be a deliverance/breakthrough for either or both of us.

Grace multiplied to us all.

PS: The Father did not say Only He will be our Teacher.
He simply said He will be our Teacher.

And how He does that is through the Holyspirit indwelling and Ministry of the church viz Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Teachers, Evangelists.

So we all need mentors for a season who become fellow brethren as our iron continues to sharpen iron.
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Myer(m): 3:56pm On May 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Have you been able to achieve this righteousness?
If yes, how did you confirm this?
If no, kindly share your experience.
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On May 31, 2023
Myer:
■ I will actually like to meet you. I believe our engagement now goes beyond a faceless platform. Some communications/transmissions are better in person. Hopefully someday soon.
■ We are saying virtually the same thing, yet there's a slight difference in our doctrine which has created a rather wide dichotomy in our understanding.
■ Only the Spirit of Truth and Revelation can help us here.
■ Wisdom is useless/counterproductive without understanding. And knowledge puffs up without Wisdom. Adequate knowledge and understanding produces True Wisdom. This is going to be a deliverance/breakthrough for either or both of us. Grace multiplied to us all.
1. I am not social media savvy at this point in time. undecided

2. You and I have never been on the same page on this and basically because you raise high the doctrines and traditions which Jesus Christ clearly said are lies over the Truth of God Himself, Jesus Christ. Lies cancel out Truth, no matter how much you try to make them coexist; That is what Jesus Christ said.
5 So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus, “Why don’t your disciples live according to the (doctrines and)traditions of the elders instead of eating their food with defiled hands?”
6 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
7 They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.’
8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human (doctrines and) traditions.”
9 And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own (doctrines and)traditions!
10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’[d] and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’[e]
11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)—
12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother.
13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your (doctrines and) traditions that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.” - Mark 7 vs 5 - 13
The above is Jesus Christ aptly describing how men meticulously use religion — doctrines and traditions of their elders/pastors/mogs/popes/spiritual leaders/priests— to cover up and render no meaning God's very own commandments and teachings in their lives. undecided

3. The same Spirit of Truth that Jesus Christ made clear that only those who are become Holy — those that are not of the world — can accept? undecided
15 “If you love me, you will do what I command.
16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper[a] to be with you forever.—
17 The Helper is the Spirit of truth. The people of the world cannot accept him, because they don’t see him or know him. But you know him. He lives with you, and he will be in you. - John 14 vs 15 - 17
But you don't subscribe to living life in continuous submission and obedience of the Truth of Jesus Christ at all. undecided

4. Wisdom is indeed by way of understanding. But If you refuse to obtain understanding from the one who says you should first use the understanding which you have in order that He might give you more understanding (those who refuse to use the understanding they have will have even the little they had taken away from them by the Father) how can you ever lay claim to wisdom?
29 Everyone who uses what they have will get more. They will have much more than they need. But people who do not use what they have will have everything taken away from them.’ - Matthew 25 vs 29
10 The followers came to Jesus and asked, “Why do you use these stories to teach the people?”
11 Jesus answered, “Only you can know the secret truths about God’s kingdom. Those other people cannot know these secret truths.
12 The people who have some understanding will be given more. And they will have even more than they need. But those who do not have much understanding will lose even the little understanding that they have.
13 This is why I use these stories to teach the people: They see, but they don’t really see. They hear, but they don’t really hear or understand. - Matthew 13 vs 10 -13
22 Everything that is hidden will be made clear. Every secret thing will be made known.
23 You people who hear me, listen!
24 Think carefully about what you are hearing. God will know how much to give you by how much you understand now. But he will give you more than you deserve.
25 The people who have some understanding will receive more. But those who do not have much will lose even the small amount they have.” - Mark 4 vs 22 - 25

But be warned! All the adequate knowledge and understanding of the doctrines and traditions of men — religion — will never amount to the Wisdom of God as rather that only nullifies the power of God rendering your worship of no meaning. undecided
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On May 31, 2023
Myer:
■ Have you been able to achieve this righteousness?
If yes, how did you confirm this?
If no, kindly share your experience.
1. Not yet as I am still working my way through the commandment — seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) — total compliance with the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ — as I have yet more to learn about what Jesus in fact taught as opposed to the lies out there courtesy of religion. Right after that comes seeking God's righteousness which only God Himself can give. undecided

■ I have a guide/Helper — the Spirit of Eternal Life from whom I was born of Spirit— helping me to learn/Know the Truth of God through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. Essentially, I have to use the understanding I have in order for the Father to give me more hence the reason why I spend a lot of time asking questions, and coming up with answers/understanding based on what I know from the teachings of Jesus Christ and the prophets, working through old posts on here to put what I know to use, and as I go, the Father downloads more understanding and hence wisdom to me as a result. How did I come to know the identity of the guide? Well, I asked God to reveal to me exactly what it was that takes place when one becomes born-again, and then I started digging through threads on that subject and responding to old questions using the understanding I previously had, and as I worked through them, He opened my eyes to even more Truths of the process and eventually I came to even the realization that He, the Spirit of Eternal life from which all who are born of Spirit are born of, was the Holy Spirit of God's Old Law but not the Holy Spirit of God's New Covenant — that is the Spirit of Truth. undecided

You do not know what you are missing out on. You really cannot imagine or understand this without experiencing it for yourself, assuming you are able to. My thought is you are one of those able to only continue to imbibe lies pretending they can work as well as truth when Jesus Christ made clear that that is an impossibility. undecided
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Myer(m): 11:06pm On May 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Not yet as I am still working my way through the commandment — seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) — total compliance with the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ — as I have yet more to learn about what Jesus in fact taught as opposed to the lies out there courtesy of religion. Right after that comes seeking God's righteousness which only God Himself can give. undecided

■ I have a guide/Helper — the Spirit of Eternal Life from whom I was born of Spirit— helping me to learn/Know the Truth of God through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. Essentially, I have to use the understanding I have in order for the Father to give me more hence the reason why I spend a lot of time asking questions, and coming up with answers/understanding based on what I know from the teachings of Jesus Christ and the prophets, working through old posts on here to put what I know to use, and as I go, the Father downloads more understanding and hence wisdom to me as a result. How did I come to know the identity of the guide? Well, I asked God to reveal to me exactly what it was that takes place when one becomes born-again, and then I started digging through threads on that subject and responding to old questions using the understanding I previously had, and as I worked through them, He opened my eyes to even more Truths of the process and eventually I came to even the realization that He, the Spirit of Eternal life from which all who are born of Spirit are born of, was the Holy Spirit of God's Old Law but not the Holy Spirit of God's New Covenant — that is the Spirit of Truth. undecided

You do not know what you are missing out on. You really cannot imagine or understand this without experiencing it for yourself, assuming you are able to. My thought is you are one of those able to only continue to imbibe lies pretending they can work as well as truth when Jesus Christ made clear that that is an impossibility. undecided

Permit me it you will, to point out some scriptural errors you are making;

1. You come off as self-righteous. Only you understand and practise the biblical Truth, no one else on NL and beyond. The error of Elijah when he presumed he was the only prophet.

2. You have been condemning me and every single thing I posted from the very inception. Yet we are not called to condemn.

3. You said you had the Holy spirit from birth. Why then do you need to be born again?
You clearly need a more rigorous and intensive teaching on the baptisms of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.

4. You claim to be self-taught. Why them do we have the ministry gifts?! While I do believe this isn't entirely bad but the motive has to be checked- is it for self-glory? Or because you had to opportunity to get a church and be well taught? Being self taught will take a much longer time to mature.

5. Have you repented of your position that the synoptic gospels are the only valid teachings of Christ?
A lot of your salvation comes from accepting the whole of the bible as the Word of God.

6. Your moniker aso says where your heart is- love of money. When the motive is wrong, Christ cannot commit himself to such person
Re: Satan's Favorite Kind Of Christians by Kobojunkie: 11:27pm On May 31, 2023
Myer:
Permit me it you will, to point out some scriptural errors you are making;
1. You come off as self-righteous. Only you understand and practise the biblical Truth, no one else on NL and beyond. The error of Elijah when he presumed he was the only prophet.
2. You have been condemning me and every single thing I posted from the very inception. Yet we are not called to condemn.
3. You said you had the Holy spirit from birth. Why then do you need to be born again? You clearly need a more rigorous and intensive teaching on the baptisms of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
4. You claim to be self-taught. Why them do we have the ministry gifts?! While I do believe this isn't entirely bad but the motive has to be checked- is it for self-glory? Or because you had to opportunity to get a church and be well taught? Being self taught will take a much longer time to mature.
5. Have you repented of your position that the synoptic gospels are the only valid teachings of Christ?
A lot of your salvation comes from accepting the whole of the bible as the Word of God.
6. Your moniker aso says where your heart is- love of money. When the motive is wrong, Christ cannot commit himself to such person
1. First of all, there is no such thing as self-righteousness since Scripture instead makes clear that only God is able to approve a man as Righteous. Second, I have never once stated or even asserted that I am the only one who lives life in submission and obedience to the teachings of Jesus Christ, here on Nairaland and beyond. I haven't met everyone on Nairaland, to begin with, and I have certainly not examined the fruits of everyone beyond Nairaland either to assume such a thing. Rather, the problem here you are fixated on the messenger and not the message. undecided

As for Elijah's supposed error, well, the guy was panicked as he was about to be killed by the King and Queen of the land. God didn't scold Him as rather God sought to calm Elijah down, so why are you raising dust over that nothing situation? undecided

2. If you feel condemned, I am afraid, I am not the one condemning you at all, as I have made certain to assert only that stated by Jesus Christ Himself in all of this. undecided

3. See what I mean? You are not even paying attention to any of what I have in fact said as you have rather twisted it all out of sorts. Where in the world did I state that I have had the "Holy Spirit" from birth? Rather, what I said is I have had the Spirit of Eternal Life since I was born of Spirit. To be born-again means to be born of water and born of Spirit- John 3 vs 1 - 8. Jesus Christ said that the only life a man has from his mother's womb is a physical birth - John 3 vs 5 - 8 — flesh and blood, meaning no one has a spirit from birth — so how could I have been born of Spirit from my birth? undecided

More rigorous and intensive teaching on the baptisms of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit? What in the world is that apart from what Jesus Christ said of it which is that it is only obtained via continuous submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ? Let religion alone and it will leave you. undecided

4. I never once said I am self-taught since I instead made clear that God Himself is my Teacher. I can see you don't believe that God is able to teach anyone as He claimed He would. Did you know that even your favorite buddy Paul also claimed to have been taught by the Father too? But somehow you seem to believe Paul was taught by God but you don't think God teaches people anymore, is that it? undecided

5. Are you seriously asking me if I have repented of the fact that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way, Truth, and Life — No one comes to the Father, except through Jesus Christ alone? WOW shocked

6. My moniker says my thoughts are of money. How could money be on my mind when I, like everyone else, also had to abandon it all in order to become worthy of Jesus Christ - Luke 14 vs 22 - 30 & Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39 & John 6 vs 25 - 35 ?

It appears you are just taking another lap around the religion rollercoaster. Here's hoping you will finally get tired of the same old lies before time runs out. undecided

(1) (Reply)

What Was Jesus Doing In Rome 300 Yrs Later Helping A Roman Emperor Win A War? / What The People Of Egypt Looked Like Before They Built The Pyramids / Is It Scriptural For A Pastor To Divorce And Re-marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.