Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

The Girl I Met (A Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Girl I Met (A Short Story) (1778 Views)

The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) (Completed) / Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 4:48pm On May 29, 2023
THE GIRL I MET : Chapter One

You may be curious if I fell in love and how it affected my focus.
Can one be in a relationship while also growing personally?
Can love be a source of strength or weakness?
These questions crossed my mind after my experience, but I'll let you be the judge.

I couldn't help but think, "Wow, what a beautiful sight," when I caught sight of this stunning woman entering a gathering I was invited to. Despite my initial plan to leave early due to my busy training schedule, she captivated me and made me stay longer.

It might sound crazy, but even before exchanging a single word with her, I found myself lost in fantasies of various possible futures we could share. In my imagination, she was already my wife, the mother of my children, and my ultimate destination. However, little did I know what was about to unfold.

I'm not someone who believes in meticulously planning every move when approaching someone of interest. What if plan A, B, C, or D failed? I prefer to be myself and let things unfold naturally. And that's exactly what I did, but you won't believe what happened next.

I kept contemplating the perfect moment to approach her. I would have made my move earlier, but she was surrounded by a group of friends, making it challenging. It became increasingly frustrating, so I excused myself to use the restroom. I hurriedly made my way back to the hall, fearing that I might miss her.

To my dismay, upon my return and settling back into my seat, she was nowhere to be found. I was disappointed in myself for procrastinating instead of seizing the opportunity. Now, she was gone.

Lost in deep reflection and regretting my lack of swift decisiveness, I suddenly felt a warm, soft hand tapping and resting on my shoulder. Without much thought, I stood up, ready to express my frustration to whoever it was. But to my surprise...

Stay tuned for my next post, where I will reveal what happened next. 😁

In the meantime, I'm curious to know your thoughts. What do you think happened?
Who was it?
Are you curious to know the end?
Share your theories in the comments...

#CreativeWriting #ContentWriting #Love #Design #Writing #Reality

1 Like

Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 9:29am On May 30, 2023
THE GIRL I MET II

As I unbuttoned my shirt, reflecting on the rollercoaster of events, a blend of stress and anticipation coursed through me. Although the day had been filled with challenges, an inexplicable excitement surged within me for what lay ahead.

The prospect of my vivid daydreams materializing, of forging a connection with someone I deeply admired, ignited a flicker of hope. Despite knowing very little about her, a sense of optimism enveloped me.

Now, I'm sure you're curious about what unfolded when I rose to vent my frustration. Shall we delve into it?

To my astonishment, I was met with a gracefully arranged plate of delectable dishes presented by another charming lady. Her beaming smile exuded warmth and kindness. Despite my vexation, I couldn't bring myself to decline her gesture.

In that moment, it struck me that I had been utterly engrossed in the presence of the enigmatic lady throughout the gathering. Accepting the food with a grateful smile, I reluctantly conceded that our paths were not destined to converge. Although a pang of disappointment weighed on me, I couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like if she had been the one to approach me.

But why did excitement still bubble within me, you might ask?

With an enormous grin stretching across my face, I discovered a note accompanied the meal. I discreetly pocketed it, assuming it was a romantic invitation from the lady who served the food. Yet, I didn't dwell on it until after the meal, when I reached for my phone and the note slipped from my pocket.

With a hesitant sigh, I opened the note, and what I read seemed too good to be true. Initially, my friend had invited me to the gathering to introduce me to someone who knew about a job I had applied for. Working at that specific organization had always been a cherished dream of mine. Now, here I was, staring at a note that read:

"You seem upset, and I can sense it, but don't worry. She is the person I want you to meet. Let's catch up after the event. ~David"

At that moment, I couldn't contain my laughter, causing those nearby to cast bewildered glances my way. David, the friend who had invited me to the gathering in the hopes of landing me this fantastic job opportunity, had completely slipped my mind amidst the distractions of the day. How ironic that my focus had drifted so far from its intended target.

As the event drew to a close, I eagerly awaited the opportunity to speak with David and learn what would happen next. It seemed he shared my anticipation, as he promptly approached me once the program ended.

"I've taken care of the minor details, but you weren't around when she was introduced to you. Here are her contact details. Give her a call tomorrow so you can arrange a meeting, preferably on Monday or whenever she's available," he said with a smile, walking up to me.

"Don't worry, she's not the type to bite," he added playfully.

We both erupted into laughter as I recounted the emotional rollercoaster I had experienced throughout the day. Now, I had a genuine opportunity to meet and have a conversation with her—I just needed to make that phone call tomorrow.

Lost in a whirlwind of thoughts and daydreams, I found myself engrossed in rehearsing conversations for the impending phone call. The night slipped away as I pondered over every word and scenario.

The fear of failure plagued me. How many sleepless nights would I endure if I stumbled on this opportunity? The uncertainty weighed heavily on my mind.

Morning arrived, marking yet another peculiar day where everything I held dear could have slipped through my fingers. As usual, I embarked on my early morning jog, a modest distance of two or three streets from my apartment and back. The morning greeted me with its usual charm, but the lack of sleep took a toll, causing fatigue to set in faster than usual. I had to pause at a nearby stall to quench my thirst with water.

Most places in the vicinity didn't open until around 9 am or 10 am, so I considered myself fortunate. With a self-assured declaration, I reassured myself that this would be a splendid day as I headed back to my apartment.

With only one street corner left to turn, I spotted her. She was running down the street, pursued closely by a peculiar-looking gentleman. "Isn't that her?" I pondered to myself, spurred on by a newfound determination to play the hero. If only it had all ended that simply.

One thing led to another, and before I knew it, consciousness slipped away, and darkness consumed me...

What had happened?
Why did I lose consciousness?
What was the reason for her frantic sprint?

Well, the forthcoming post will provide a better explanation 😅

"Business is never sentimental ~ David"

Thank you for reading. 🌹
Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 12:19pm On May 31, 2023
THE GIRL I MET III

As I opened my eyes, I was greeted by the sight of a beautiful and well-organized living room. "Wow, this place is amazing," I whispered to myself. It was unfortunate that I had to die because of a girl, but at least I found myself in what seemed like heaven. However, I couldn't ignore the lingering pain in my back. I needed someone, perhaps an angel, to help alleviate it.

Lost in my thoughts about what would happen next, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Frustrated, I grumbled, "Why do I always get tapped on the shoulder?" I stood up to see who it was, and as soon as I laid eyes on the person, I started sweating profusely. In a deep and intimidating voice, he said, "Well, you're finally awake. Come outside for a minute." To my surprise, it was the same guy who had knocked me out earlier, now asking me to step outside.

I hesitated. Why should I leave this heavenly place? I refused to step out of this apparent paradise.

That was the last thing I remembered before waking up screaming "Never!" in a small local clinic. I was drenched in sweat, even in real life.

Two nurses rushed into the room to calm me down and proceeded to explain where I was and who had brought me there. After a few minutes, when I had settled down, I realized that the man who had knocked me out was the woman's bodyguard, assuming I posed a threat to her. "Well, that's an unconventional way to meet your end," I muttered, unaware of the nurse's smile at my cluelessness.

I had to stay at the clinic until evening for observation, as they were concerned about a possible concussion. Clearly, I was still shaken by the whole ordeal.

Amidst it all, one piece of good news kept me hopeful. One of the nurses handed me a note with the lady's contact information. Apparently, she had insisted that I call her.

How fortunate I was! Now I had two reasons to make that call. After all, good things happen to those who work hard, even if they almost meet their demise.

I left the clinic promptly and returned home. After a shower and a simple meal to take my medications, I made up my mind to call her, despite any fears I may have had. This was an opportunity to pursue my dream job and meet the girl of my dreams. Who cared if it felt a bit intimidating? The end goal was to secure a job, after all.

With nothing else to do for the rest of the day, I decided to relax in my apartment and watch a movie. However, my tranquility was interrupted by a knock on my door.

"I wasn't expecting anyone," I muttered to myself as I approached the door. Without asking who it was, I opened it confidently, reassured by the safety of my neighborhood and the familiarity of my own home. But what I saw standing in front of me was both shocking and a little terrifying. Was this the end?

Who was standing there? And why did it feel like it could be the end?

Well, until next time, stay tuned for the next episode.

#CreativeWriting #ContentWriting #Love #Design #Writing #Reality
Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 11:12am On Jun 01, 2023
THE GIRL I MET IV

Once again, I find myself facing the same person who had knocked me out before. I had mentally escaped that situation, but I can't recall how or what happened exactly. Yet, there I stand by the door, gazing at him.

"It may seem strange to show up at your house like this, but my employer would like to meet you," he said politely and respectfully.

So many questions flood my mind. I understand why she wants to meet me, but I can't shake off these inquiries.

How did she know where I live?
Why can't she come on her own?
Why must I go to her?
And many more questions...

Part of me wanted to follow him. After all, it could fulfill both my dreams: meeting the lady and securing my dream job. It would be like hitting two birds with one stone. I desperately needed this opportunity, but my pride as a man prevented me from accepting so easily. Finally, I gather my courage and confidently address the bodyguard.

"I appreciate the offer, but please convey to your employer that I have no intention of accompanying you or meeting her. I misunderstood the situation, and everything is fine now. There's no need for her to go through any further trouble," I assert confidently.

I know you must be wondering, "Why do that?" or "You have everything within reach." I understand, but I wanted this to happen on my terms, in a way that wouldn't label me as an opportunist.

Without uttering a word, the bodyguard retreats, and I retire to bed. I regret my decision afterward, but I still believe it was the right choice.

Morning arrives as swiftly as I closed my eyes to sleep. I hadn't truly slept well for two days, aside from the period of unconsciousness. I rise, pray, and get ready for the day. I first call David to recount my previous day's experience, then proceed to dial her number. "From this point on, I must maintain a professional approach," I reassure myself.

I dial her number, and she answers on the first ring. "Quite prompt," I think to myself. The conversation unfolds as follows:

Me: Good morning.
Her: Good morning. May I know who's calling, please?
Me: My name is Samuel. I received your contact from David. I was supposed to call yesterday, but I had a minor emergency that consumed my entire day. I apologize for reaching out only now.
Her: No problem. Although I expected your call yesterday, I also had a long day. Today works fine. I reviewed your resume, and it aligns with our requirements. Come to the office around 11 am, and we can discuss the remaining details.
Me: Alright, thank you so much. I truly appreciate this opportunity, and I assure you that you won't regret it.
Her: David spoke highly of you, and I trust his judgment. You're welcome. Goodbye.

I hang up the phone and prepare to meet her at her office. Finally, the moment to face her has arrived.

Upon reaching the organization, the HR department greets me and provides an orientation about the company, my job responsibilities, and my office. I inquire about an interview, but they inform me that I already have the job. I can hardly believe my ears—I actually got the job.

It's a monumental achievement: my dream job, a substantial salary package, and an appealing work environment. This is it. I have finally achieved success, or so I thought.

Still bubbling with excitement about my new job, she walks in. I am fully prepared to meet her, but her expression says otherwise, as she utters, "It's you?" The bodyguard also shares the same sentiment.

Will I get fired before I even begin working?

What will happen to him? Will he be fired or will he keep the job?

Are you Sherlock enough to figure out what will happen next?

Well, until the next post... I value your comments. Thank you.
Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 12:59pm On Jun 02, 2023
THE GIRL I MET V

Facing my benefactor and nemesis, as I like to call that moment until now, I couldn't find the words to speak. I had imagined various scenarios in my mind, but I remained expressionless. Since I was already here, I decided to see it through to the end.

Without saying anything more, she walked over to a chair, sat down, and began questioning the HR manager about the status of my employment, what had been decided, and when I was supposed to start working. Relief washed over me, thinking that everything was going well. However, she stared at me intensely and continued her conversation.

After settling the remaining details with the HR manager, I was instructed to start working the following week. As I made to leave, I was halted by a bodyguard who informed me that she had requested my presence in her office. Despite my hesitation, I knew I had to comply since she was my boss, and I wanted the job.

When I reached her office, she gestured for me to take a seat as she was on a call. It seemed like someone was trying to connect with her, but she wasn't interested. "She must have a lover," I thought to myself.

Interrupting my thoughts, she apologized for the interruption and asked if I was comfortable with my job. I responded accordingly, surprised that I wasn't as nervous as I had anticipated. We discussed a few other topics, ranging from the recent attack to my role and expectations.

We were getting along quite well. She appeared reasonable and intelligent, just my type—or so I believed—until the door suddenly swung open, and my entire being was shaken. Sitting before me was the woman I admired and believed I had already met, but standing there was the actual lady I had seen at the gathering that night. I instantly recognized her because the intense feeling I experienced that night overwhelmed me once again. However, something perplexed me—why did they look so alike? I sat there in shock as I witnessed both of them exchanging pleasantries, picking on each other, and laughing. That's when I discovered that the one who had attended to me in the office was named Ciara, and the one who had just entered was Tiara. I also learned that they had another sister named Kiara.

"What is happening?" I muttered, growing increasingly confused. They both glanced at me simultaneously and chuckled. The one seated replied, "Don't mind us, everyone reacts the same way when they see two or all three of us together."

As much as I desired to ask more questions, I wasn't certain which ones to pose. However, one question lingered in my heart: "Which girl did I fall for that night?"

Lost in thought, my heart raced. I was sure it was the one I had been in the office with earlier, yet I resonated more with the one who had just arrived. But what if I felt an even stronger attraction to the third one?

Trapped in these thoughts, I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Ciara, who had stood up without my notice. But her next question shook me to my core.

"Do you like my sister?" she asked. I froze!

To be continued...

Why did she ask such a question?
What do you think my response would be?
Or is it a trap?

Until the next post tomorrow. 🌹
Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by elmogaji(m): 6:11am On Jun 03, 2023
Nice story author

1 Like

Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 11:07am On Jun 06, 2023
elmogaji:
Nice story author

Thank you so much, I do appreciate your comment.🌹
Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 11:07am On Jun 06, 2023
THE GIRL I MET VI

"I couldn't have answered differently, even if I went through the situation again," I thought to myself as I left Ciara's office. That question came out of nowhere, or so I believed. They seemed so carefree.

I needed to call David and thank him. He always told me that complimenting and affirming women can make a big impact. Who would have guessed that simply saying, "No man wouldn't like her," could save me from ruining my chance with her?

Speaking of which, I still can't shake the image of the person I saw at that gathering until I meet Kiara. It has been a crazy week, from seeing her, to the accident, and now discovering she is a triplet.

Monday arrived quicker than expected. I just need to own this week, work diligently, and figure out which girl is meant for me. I thought I could move on, but over the weekend, she stayed on my mind. At this point, in my imagination and dreams, we've become grandparents.

This time, I felt more sure of myself, ready to face Tiara. I had come to the conclusion that she was the one I had seen before, especially considering how she kept stealing glances at me in Ciara's office. I felt a stronger connection with her too.

Days flew by in a blink, as did the entire week. I was so occupied with work and the desire to meet Tiara that a whole month had passed. I hardly even had time to meet with Ciara. Strangely, instead of losing interest in finding Tiara, I became almost obsessed with locating her.

On a typical day, caught up in my work and rushing to submit a report, I accidentally bumped into someone. I quickly got up and helped the person to their feet. When I caught a glimpse of her face, I was captivated by her beauty, but before I could utter a word, she slapped me across the face.

"Can't you watch where you're going? You've ruined my dress!" she shouted, followed by more harsh words. I couldn't retort because I was lost in my thoughts, trying to figure out if she was Ciara, Tiara, or Kiara. They all looked so alike, it was overwhelming and frightening. I continued staring as she walked away into Ciara's office.

I concluded that it was probably Ciara due to my mistake, assuming that work had taken a toll on her. I decided to take it on the chin for the team. Later that day, I entered her office to seek her approval on some documents, only to find all three beautiful ladies present together: Ciara, Tiara, and Kiara.

I had to find out who I had encountered earlier, and I couldn't put it off any longer. I couldn't keep hesitating and tormenting myself with imaginary scenarios for weeks on end. After obtaining Ciara's signature, I headed towards the door, still battling my uncertainty about asking who was who.

Summoning all the courage I had, I turned around and asked, "Which one of you attended the gathering where I was supposed to be introduced?"

They exchanged glances and burst into laughter. "You're a bit late," Ciara chuckled amidst her laughter.

What?

To be continued...
Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by Uthman51(m): 12:09pm On Jun 06, 2023
More update please

1 Like

Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 12:03pm On Jun 08, 2023
THE GIRL I MET VII

"I wonder what she meant by 'A bit too late?' I was curious to find out, but my primary concern was getting the answer to my question.

I stood there, filled with anticipation, looking slightly perplexed yet determined. Now that the decision had been made, I was prepared to see it through till the very end.

As I remained silent, observing their exchanged glances and laughter, I contemplated giving up. Maybe I was reaching for something beyond my grasp, and perhaps I should just be content with my job. It was something I genuinely desired and would benefit my life and aspirations.

Just as I was about to leave, Ciara called out to me. Her expression had grown more serious as she uttered, 'We understand your desires and thoughts, but it's not guaranteed that we share the same ones.' I felt even more bewildered at that moment.

'We are often confused with each other, so you'll need to prove yourself to determine who you truly encountered at the gathering. We'll arrange three dates with you, and if you correctly identify the person you met afterward, you'll receive the entire story. However, if you guess incorrectly, you may lose both what you seek and your job,' she concluded.

At this point, I wanted to tell her that I was quite interested in knowing, but simultaneously, I was deeply concerned about my job. It held significant importance for me."

"I'm going to look like a coward if I back out," I pondered silently, realizing that this wasn't what I had originally wanted. How can I extricate myself from this situation? What approach would David take?

Since I'm already here, I suppose I'll employ one of David's principles: "Never reveal weakness," he used to say. I adjusted my posture and approached her table, taking a quick glance at each of their faces.

"Alright, I think I understand the general idea. I'll need to provide you with a response before I leave work today, though. Is that acceptable?" I replied, stealing another glance at the group.

I sensed a subtle approval in their expressions, but it was difficult to be certain at that moment. I stood up and exited her office, aware of their unwavering stares.

Although I was relieved to have escaped the immediate situation, I couldn't shake the feeling of their gazes piercing through me as I walked away. I quickened my pace as soon as I stepped outside, eager to find solace in the tranquility of the nearby lounge.

"What a chaotic day. Why did I even agree to this?" I lamented. Before things spiral out of control, and considering I have only a few hours left before leaving work for the day, I need to come up with a suitable response for them. I made my way back to my office and picked up the phone to call David.

How would David counter this?

To be Continued...

#share #contentwriting #shortstories #work
Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
THE GIRL I MET VIII

I decided to call David for advice, and he gave me some tips on the situation, including the risks involved and what I could potentially lose. He also mentioned that it could just be a test and not a real threat to my job.

Although it may seem like a big risk, I still want to go through with it. Maybe I'm losing focus or maybe not, but I felt that I needed closure. With determination, I muttered to myself, "So let's do this," as I headed towards Ciara's office.

When I got home, I started preparing for the upcoming date with Kiara, which was scheduled for the weekend. I felt a bit anxious because I discovered that she was the person I had bumped into earlier, and she seemed a bit cranky. Nevertheless, I was actually looking forward to a challenging and somewhat stressful date.

The week went by quickly, maybe due to my preoccupied mind. Honestly, I wasn't truly excited about the date. Given the choice, I would have preferred to go out with Ciara or Tiara first. However, since I had already agreed, I didn't have any other option.

Fast forward to the day of the date, I chose a nice outfit. Even though I wasn't particularly interested in Kiara, I didn't want to come across as unfit or unprepared. The journey to the restaurant wasn't stressful since it wasn't far from my apartment. It was a pleasant place with a good atmosphere.

I didn't have to wait for long before I saw Kiara walk in. She looked stunning and carried herself with elegance. In my mind, I couldn't help but think, "She's so beautiful." There's just something about her that captivates me and draws me in.

Contrary to what I expected, our date went perfectly. Kiara was calm, well-spoken, had a great sense of humor, and seemed unusually relaxed compared to when we first met. I couldn't find any flaws in her. Perhaps she was just in a bad mood during our initial encounter, and maybe she was the same person I saw at the gathering.

"I haven't reached a conclusion yet," I told myself while trying to convince myself as I got home. This shouldn't be a problem, but the date made me long for the person I saw at the gathering even more. Now I'm even more confused.

I wondered if there was a way to truly understand what sets them apart from each other, but it's difficult to see through their uncanny similarities, even when they're all in the same room.

"Well, one down, two to go," I concluded before falling asleep.

The following week was no different. I had a lot of work to do, but I found myself daydreaming excessively about a life with either one of them. I feel sorry for myself when I think about it—so confused yet filled with enthusiasm.

The week felt incredibly slow, perhaps because I was eagerly anticipating the next date. I didn't even know how to act around Ciara at work, knowing she was the one I would be going out with next. I had been expecting Tiara. Maybe they're saving the best for last.

Busy week? Definitely. But the weekend eventually arrived, and I prepared myself even more for this date. Let's see where it takes us. I went to the address I was given earlier to get ready ahead of time.

Well, she didn't disappoint. She was dressed beautifully, exuding a graceful aura. I longed to hold her in my arms, perhaps a bit too much, but I couldn't help it. Our date went on, filled with many great moments, laughter, shared interests, and more.

As we were nearing the end of our date, a guy tapped her on the shoulder and said, "Baby, what's going on here?" At that moment, I couldn't think anymore because I didn't like the look on her face when she saw him. It seemed like she genuinely liked him.

But who is this guy? What an unexpected variable disrupting my wonderful date.

To be continued...

1 Like

Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 6:27pm On Jun 09, 2023
Ghost and Non Ghost readers grin

Please, drop your comments on the story so far, what do you think?

Your honesty opinions will be appreciated.

Thanks 🙏
Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by oluwatosin070: 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2023
Your story is captivating.

And I honestly always look forward to the next episode.

Thanks for the good work.

1 Like

Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2023
oluwatosin070:
Your story is captivating.

And I honestly always look forward to the next episode.

Thanks for the good work.

Thank you, I truly appreciate your comment. Just the encouragement I needed to continue.
Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by oluwatosin070: 7:28am On Jun 12, 2023
Please don't forget to update today.
So that we'll use it to celebrate Nigeria 😊😊

frozenvictor:

Thank you, I truly appreciate your comment. Just the encouragement I needed to continue.

1 Like

Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by Horlarhem(m): 7:52am On Jun 12, 2023
This is so captivating pls continue the story

1 Like

Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2023
THE GIRL I MET IX

I don't consider myself a very jealous person, but on that particular day, something just didn't sit right with me. Maybe I was overly fixated on the whole situation, which seems crazy when I think about it.

I couldn't help but wonder, "Why is that guy all over her, and why doesn't she seem bothered by it?" I had so many questions running through my mind. Despite all these concerns, I tried to focus on my food and pretended to be oblivious to the obvious romantic energy between them. I wanted to see how she would introduce me and what she would say.

To my surprise, it was as if she could read my mind. She got my attention and introduced the guy as her friend, and me as her friend too. It was an interesting turn of events. The guy eventually left, and the date continued, but I couldn't enjoy it anymore after his appearance.

Getting to know Ciara better was enjoyable. It was nice to see a different side of her outside of work. However, I couldn't shake the feeling that she might be a flirt based on how she talked to someone on the phone while I was in her office, and also how she interacted with that guy. I wasn't sure if I was overreacting or not in that moment.

Now, my next and final date is just around the corner. I'm getting ready to leave the following week on Friday, and it has been a busy and stressful week. However, my subconscious keeps reminding me of the potential consequences of this weekend and how it could cost me my job. Perhaps it's because my thoughts are consumed by Tiara, who I believed to be the person I had noticed at the gathering right from the start.

It's Saturday, and I have a date with Tiara. I wanted to make a good impression, so I put on my best clothes and the nicest perfume I could afford. I was really excited and it showed.

I arrived at the meeting place before Tiara did, as usual. She arrived a little late, but I didn't mind because I really liked her. However, as the date progressed, I couldn't help but feel that something was off. Tiara seemed like just an ordinary girl, and it bothered me a lot.

After the date, I kept asking myself what went wrong. Did I try too hard or not enough? Tiara's expressions were hard to read, and it made me even more curious. This feeling bothered me until I went to work on Monday.

I called my friend David over the weekend, hoping he could offer some advice. Unfortunately, even he couldn't figure out what was going on. Now I have to make a decision that could impact my personal and professional life. Will I come out of this situation unscathed?

At work, I would see Tiara occasionally, but we never talked about our date until Thursday of that week. After our regular work meeting, she whispered in my ear, "We'll discuss who you'll choose tomorrow. I hope you're prepared."

Who did I really fall for? Will my choice bring me happiness? The confusion within me has only deepened, leaving me even more uncertain.

To be continued...
Final Chapter Tomorrow!

#work

1 Like

Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2023
oluwatosin070:
Please don't forget to update today.
So that we'll use it to celebrate Nigeria 😊😊

Done✅
Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2023
Horlarhem:
This is so captivating pls continue the story

Thank you so much, I do appreciate your comment.💯
Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by Uthman51(m): 6:06pm On Jun 13, 2023
Still waiting for the next update

1 Like

Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
THE GIRL I MET X (Final Chapter)

The decisive day had arrived, and although I tried to convince myself that I was mentally prepared, an underlying fear about my uncertain future lingered. My heart raced incessantly, and in retrospect, I realize that I was even willing to encounter an accident that morning. I contemplated postponing the inevitable for another day.

I didn't bother dressing impeccably that morning, but the thought of undressing to avoid going to work never crossed my mind. The anxiety for what lay ahead consumed me, and I struggled to articulate it to anyone other than David. I'm sure you would also judge me, perhaps thinking I was a fool driven by love or a woman's influence.

Yet, having accepted the challenge, my fate had been sealed long ago, and I had to weather through it. Although I appeared confident as I stepped into Ciara's office that day, the truth was far from it. Their expectant gazes bore into me, seemingly anticipating my downfall. Nonetheless, I defiantly took my seat, unperturbed by their intimidating presence.

"Good morning, handsome. I hope you're ready. Let's not waste time since it's a workday as well. Whom do you choose?" Ciara asked, wearing a mischievous smile.

A few minutes passed...

"You? How did you know?" Tiara blurted out, her surprise mirrored my own. I hadn't been aware of whom I had chosen, but a gut feeling struck me upon hearing Ciara's question. I suppose I won, but in some ways, I also lost.

I lost my job, but in return, gained something far greater. In the end, it seemed worth it. However, had the risk not paid off, I would have been devastated.

Here's how it all unfolded...

"I can't say for certain who it was, but I'm choosing you," I replied, pointing at Ciara. Their faces registered shock, and I wondered if my hunch was right.

Ciara then proceeded to explain that she was supposed to attend the gathering, but her sister Kiara took her place due to a prior commitment overseas. Apparently, they often swapped positions because of their striking resemblance.

"How do I fit into all of this?" I inquired. Ciara went on to reveal that ever since David had told her about me, she had developed feelings for me. Even though she had swapped with her sister for the gathering, David had informed her about my true emotions, prompting her to play this elaborate game.

That's when it hit me—Tiara was already married, Kiara wasn't interested in me, and it was Ciara who harbored feelings for me. What an unexpected twist! I had chosen her solely based on the fact that she had called me "handsome" when I walked in, and my intuition had guided me.

"Since you lost the bet, you're technically fired, but since I genuinely like you and you might become my boyfriend, I want you to head our branch in another country," Ciara concluded. I was both shocked and overjoyed by her words.

"You're married, right, Tiara?" I asked, turning towards Tiara.

So, here we are in the present moment...

During our date and with a few hints from my time with Ciara, I pieced together that Tiara was married. And to add to the irony, the man who interrupted my date with Ciara turned out to be Tiara's husband. Quite a comical situation, isn't it?

Well, now I've landed a better job and found myself a girlfriend—soon to be my wife.

The END!

I am deeply grateful to everyone who has joined me on this short journey. Your comments and encouragement have kept me going. Thank you all so much!

Stay tuned for more short stories coming soon!

Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by Uthman51(m): 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
Keep up d good work.

Thanks for d update.

1 Like

Re: The Girl I Met (A Short Story) by frozenvictor(m): 4:15am On Jul 14, 2023
Uthman51:
Keep up d good work.

Thanks for d update.

Thank you, new story dropping soon.

(1) (Reply)

[Story] I Called It R*PE (Rated 18)…Part 1 / Of Gods And Man / Dear Diary ------ By Adaora Chima Precious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.