Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

The Great Mysteries - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Mysteries (142 Views)

Dreams: understanding and decoding the mysteries of it / The Great Tribulations After Rapture / Will The “Great Crowd” Be On Earth When Armageddon Breaks Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Great Mysteries by adspelite(m): 7:54pm On May 29, 2023
TUESDAY 30TH. MAY, 2023.

THE GREAT MYSTERIES Revelation 10:1-10.

Revelation 10:1, "I saw still another mighty angel coming down from heaven, clothed with a cloud. And a rainbow was on his head, his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire."

In Revelation 10 we come face to face with several mysteries that have confused many from time to time. I suppose there are millions of people on earth today that struggle with the mystery of a silent heaven. Why doesn't God explain what is going on? It must seem to many that He is unconcerned, and, perhaps, even unable to do anything, about human affairs. Evil seems to run rampant everywhere. Miscarriages of justice, cruelty, viciousness, and increasing crime are on every side.

We only have to listen to the news broadcasts to know how rotten things are in many places of the world today. People are asking, "Why doesn't God do something about it?" What is wrong with a God who cannot run the world any better than this? Those are the questions we face in Revelation 10. When we looked at Revelation 8 and 9 we saw certain horrendous disasters that are yet to come upon the world. Perhaps we feel the need for some encouragement at this point. The Holy Spirit always anticipates such need and has given us Revelation 10 and most of 11 another intermission, a kind of parenthesis that comes in between the judgments of the sixth and seventh trumpets.

This is what we see in the series of trumpet judgments. There is always a break between the sixth and the seventh judgment. That is what we have come to in the trumpet series. Revelation 10 presents three mysterious things. We shall look at:
* The mystery of the mighty angel whom John sees as the chapter opens.
* The mystery of God which the angel proclaimed.
* The mystery of the little scroll that is held in the angel's hand.

There are certain clues given in this symbolic Book of Revelation that identify this angel as the "Angel of the LORD," or the "Angel of YHWH;" the great angel who accompanied Israel through their wilderness wanderings. This Angel always appears when Israel comes to the forefront of God's program. This great Angel comes "robbed in a cloud." A cloud is characteristic again of the nation of Israel. Remember that when Israel was marching through the desert they were preceded by a cloud by day and followed by a pillar of fire by night.

Prayers: Father, may the cloud of Your presence always go before me and also be my rear guide, in Jesus matchless name I ask this. Amen.

Rejoice!

+Enoch
Okrika.

(1) (Reply)

Lessons Of Proverbs Chapter 5 / She Wanted A Hummer For Her Wedding And This Happened!!! / Age 20 And 40 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.