Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,341 members, 7,864,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:13 PM

Racism And Tribalism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Racism And Tribalism (172 Views)

Uju Anya:Tribalism Is More Dangerous Than Racism And Xenophobia / Bishop Kukah: Buhari Has Promoted Tribalism, Religion In Military, Others / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Racism And Tribalism by Honestfrend: 8:58pm On May 29, 2023
I have notice over time that the major problem facing the world today is racism and many countries around the world have done and still doing everything possible to silence it.

In some countries like England, Italy, Germany, Russia etc have engage in this racism so much that it has cost lost of life and dis unity among the blacks, Caucasian and even people Frm different countries and region living with them. More so these countries are doing everything possible to kill racism. In there movies, football, leadership and even at workplaces.

I believe we are all humans doing everything possible to make a living whether black or white, Caucasian or otherwise. It's very important for us human to live as one in unity. For instance today in Nigeria when we hear that a Nigerian man is now a minister in America we become happy and excited why, they don't or hardly discriminate because they have laws that frawn at it..

Now coming down to Nigeria Tribalism(which I call Nigeria racism) is our major problem both online and offline you see all kinds of people using tribal languages against one another even on Nairaland here.. Our politicians re the worst on earth.. U can be living with a neighbor for over 30years who is of different tribe and over night a politician will come from nowhere in less than on week they give u reason to hate that ur neighbor who have always been living with you for years.

Am hoping and believing that one day a very strict law will be pass so that anyone who use tribal language to insult anyone should be sent 2 prison for at least 6month without bail..

Am hoping a day will come when an Igbo man will become a governor of Bornu state.. When a Yoruba man will become a governor of Delta State, when an Hausa man will become a governor Cross River state.. Do u know that if stay in Lagos I breathe in oxygen and breathe out carbon dioxide the same as u.. If I travel to America or United Kingdom or Asia I still breathe in the same oxygen and the same carbon dioxide and the same as you too if u travel there. But if it happens that I can only breath in and out only if am in my state of origin I will never leave my state, and the same applies to every too who is living outside their state and country..
Lets find it in our heart to live peaceful with one another.
Re: Racism And Tribalism by Mattswaggz: 9:26pm On May 29, 2023
I am also hoping to see such day,,, but one tree doesn't make a forest...... just take a look at the tribalism going on here in nairaland,,, it's disgusting,sickening,appalling to say the least and to think that's it's so called adult dishing out such is even more astonishing...... May God help us sha. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Petrol Price Now N350/ltr As Queues Return To Filling Stations / Any Petrol Station Caught Hoarding Products Will Lose Its Landed Property / Apga Opens A Mega Structure Regional Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.