Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,981 members, 7,863,493 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:53 PM

A New Dawn We All Crave - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A New Dawn We All Crave (186 Views)

The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK / Greatest Nigeria Youths...the Time Has Come For The Revolution We All Crave For / 'Akpabio, Leave APC Before Dawn' - Shehu Sani Advises In A Cryptic Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A New Dawn We All Crave by monakii: 8:08am On May 30, 2023
A NEW DAWN WE ALL CRAVE

@ Mynd44 @ OAM4J FYA.

Today, 29th May, 2023 is the presidential inauguration of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and coincidentally, it marks Nigeria's democracy at 24 uninterrupted years. I congratulate all progressive Nigerians- It's Tinubu o'clock, folks!

The entire journey of the Nigerian project down the line has not been easy nor smooth. In the last 24 years, Nigerians have witnessed "the Good, the bad, the ugly and even the indifferent" types of leaders. Hopes have been dashed and extinguished conveniently and severally by our serially nonchalant leaders. Particularly, the ascension of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015 looked like one of a messiah but alas! His administration will be remembered as one of the most inept, lawless, nonchalant, negligent and incorrigible administration we may have seen or heard of in Nigerian history.

The Buhari administration started off as a prudent, incorruptible, people-oriented and a deviation from the past in order to keep to the change mantra upon which the administration rode into power. I could remember vividly, the first independence celebration of the Buhari-led government in 2015, the celebration was such a low-budget kind that can be likened to a one-year-old toddler's birthday. Nigerians, especially the progressives, were full of hopes that the widely touted "Incorruptible General" was capable of tackling the two major obvious problems of the President Goodluck Jonathan era i.e corruption and insecurity. Unfortunately and uptil today, the two chief issues are still manifestly living with us unscathed.

President Buhari's protracted and incessant illness in the genesis of his presidency and the clash of interest leading to some dramas that ensued within the power corridor, which were obvious in the frostiness of the relationship between the king (Buhari) and the Kingmakers (APC particularly Tinubu) are till date the two major issues that exposed the crass ineptitude, attitude, altitude, performance and results that characterized the Buhari government. The president's prolonged and incessant absence means that some career cabals (failures) were reinforced and were working at cross-purposes with the president's possible desire for a better Nigeria as conceived by key actors like Tinubu and other founding fathers of the APC. Buhari himself when available, never lived up to his billings- He allowed toxic situations to fester unattended to and allowed issues to degenerate into monumental sufferings of many Nigerians. He left strategic decisions in the hands of ordinary "operators" and plunged the economy into colossal cataclysm e.g the Endsars protest, fuel crisis, cash crunch, court contempts etc.

Due to the hardship experienced during the Buhari dispensation, it was widely doubted, especially by the "LPDP" apologists that why and how Tinubu will win the heart of Nigerians to be the next president? His firm wish and "lifelong ambition to be the president of Nigeria has never been hidden as he continuously walked the talk day after day and time after time.

Notable enough was his outburst during the season of primary elections within various political parties leading to the general elections, on June 2, 2022, the former Lagos state governor, Bola Tinubu at an Abeokuta meeting with delegates of his party, All Progressives' Congress (APC), specifically declared his intent and ambition with a catchphrase "emilokan" i.e it is my turn- which became a gamechanger in his presidential ambition and our country's political trajectories and lexicon.

For some Asiwaju's traducers and detractors, the question is - how can a king maker wants to become a king? Some even said he is too old while someothers were busy shopping for incriminating contents and variables to tarnish the image of a man whose crime is "pursuing his life ambition"

As a sage and a politically savvy strategist, Asiwaju has been, patient and persistent enough, deploying his lieutenants, ploy, stratagem and sagacity over three decades into the singular cause he pursued with firm believe and utmost effort- To be the President of Nigeria. He led metamorphoses of groups and political parties, he formed alliances with other people, he supported governments both locally and internationally even beyond political affiliations. He was steadfast, resolute, supportive of other people's cause and always willing to mend fences with enemies. He advanced his cause by making more friends. He knows a great deal about man management and talent hunting. Hence, his success; so far so good.

I have learnt alot from the Tinubu's journey to presidency which I hope to share (write extensively on in future) and imbibe going forward.
As a true Nigerian and a student of history, I am more concerned about a Tinubu presidency that will work for a greater and prosperous Nigeria and not just about his personality and scheming. The Buhari era left a bitter sour taste in the mouth of any sensible and hardworking Nigerian except for lucky few. I support Sen. Dino Melaye's position that certificate of survival be issued to every Nigerian that witnessed and outlived the Buhari's administration.

Nigerians have a long list of requests and even the New president cannot afford the time to read the long list hence, he must swing into action and hit the ground running without looking back. Chief of my conviction that Asiwaju will succeed is that he has planned for this in over three decades. Also, that he had once managed a complex and cosmopolitan state- Lagos- more or less a microcosm of Nigeria and he succeeded giving the time and resources available there and then.

In my candid opinion, I expect the following four things to happen very fast:
1. This new government must make concerted and serious constitutional and legal reforms to accommodate the rebirth of a New Nigeria because no "superman" can thrive under the crooked and corruptly put together constitution of 1999. It may be difficult to achieve a dream constitution , but it is not impossible!

2. This government must fix power as a matter of urgency in other to attract local and international investments and create jobs in long run. A stable power will assist our security construct and architecture.

3. This administration must involve in aggressive agricultural reforms which will lead to cheaper, accessible and available food for all and by extention lead to more raw materials and more jobs creation. A robust agricultural reform must embodied a new and smarter internal security template which can help farmers achieve safe environments, hitch-free farming and bountiful harvest.

4. I also expect this administration to prepare and popularise economic blueprints in order to revive the economic virility and propensity of Nigeria in the comity of nations. If we must borrow, it has to be for development purposes and to make critical infrastructural investments. This administration must resist the urge to borrow to pay salaries or to service the expensive pay perks and lifestyle of our government officials.

While there are other areas of concerns to many and more Nigerians both home and in diaspora, I am sure to a large extent, that these four points mentioned above will determine the viability of the Nigerian project and the trust of average Nigerian in the short term while the administration continues to work on a bigger and better Nigeria that can compete with world powers in the next two decades and on the long run.

Naturally, one thing that is certain, is that the Tinubu presidency has changed the Nigerian political space and history. At least, it is the very first time a Muslim-southerner will preside over Nigeria by any means. This implies that henceforth, any qualified and competent Nigerian can aspire to be the president of this country irrespective of tribe, religion, creed or affiliation- What a good moment to be alive! I am happy that I am a living progressive, one who believe in Nigeria and the Tinubu project. As a strong campaigner, I shunned all bullies, distractions and deceptions and even threats to think otherwise. I pray Nigerians will never miss Buhari. I also pray that all those who have "Japa" will have a cause to "Japada" very soon because Nigeria is on the verge of rewriting "its" Hisrory.

I welcome all well meaning Nigerians (especially Concerned Nigerians) into the new dispensation and pray that Nigeria and Nigerians shall flourish under Tinubu's stewardship. May we all experience a renewed hope that will bring forth prosperity and better opportunities.

E lo f'okan b'ale (Please calm down). It's Tinubu o'clock!
Nigeria shall work henceforth by the grace of the Almighty.

Adetoye adeyemi kareem
CONVENER, CONCERNED NIGERIANS FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE (CNGG)
Lagos, Nigeria.
29/05/2023.

(1) (Reply)

Oborevwori Felicitates Edith Okowa At 62 / Kai ,buhari Na Badt Guy .he Depleted Our National Reserves And Passed To Tinubu / Segun Sowunmi And The Consequence Of Betrayal, Political Trading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.