Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

This Is God's Plan For Those Who Genuinely Look Up To Him To Safe Them - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is God's Plan For Those Who Genuinely Look Up To Him To Safe Them (162 Views)

ThIS IS GOD'S PLAN FOR THOSE WHO GENUINELY LOOK UP TO HIM TO SAFE THEM / This Is God's Plan For Those Who Genuinely Look Up To Him To Safe Them / Look Up To God...not Man! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is God's Plan For Those Who Genuinely Look Up To Him To Safe Them by Corrections: 10:28am On May 30, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7708644/gods-plan-those-genuinely-look

The law of Moses refers to a collection of laws and commandments that were given to Moses by God according to the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament). Many people think Jesus has come to abolish the laws given by God to Moses and other prophets before him. Jesus knowing their thoughts had to openly confess to the people about his mission in this matter when they asked him what his mission was.

Matthew 5: 17-19
17“Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18“For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19“Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

From statement made by Jesus one could see how much respect he has for God's word and also showing us the quality of God's word. However, it is one task to know the laws of God given to moses and its another task completely to know the true interpretations of these laws of God given to Moses. Even though Jesus completely agreed with the people on validity of God's law given to moses and other prophets but disagreed with the same people on the true interpretation of these laws given to Moses and other prophets.

Matt 17:9-13

9 As they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, “Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man has risen from the dead.” 10 And His disciples asked Him, “Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?” 11 And He answered and said, “Elijah is coming and will restore all things; 12 but I say to you that Elijah already came, and they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they wished. So also the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” 13 Then the disciples understood that He had spoken to them about John the Baptist.

Here Jesus completely agrees (knowing fully well that God"s word stands forever) with the people that God had given his words to Moses and other prophets before him his words on the signs to see when the messiah would come ( Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?” 11 And He answered and said, “Elijah is coming and will restore all thingswink. Where he disagree with them in this matter is when they lack true ( heavenly ) interpretation of God's word given to these prophets. Just imagine the happening on ground where the people where still waiting for Elijah to come when in the reality of God's plan Elijah already came and even departed. This only means that they failed to connect to Gods own interpretation of his laws given to moses and other prophets before Moses.

The major problem of these people is lack of committment to understand the true or detailed meaning of every Law given to moses and other prophets by God. Even though they were experts at understanding the detailed meaning associated to other things of the flesh, they were less concerned at going the extra mile to connecting to God to understand the things of heaven spoken concerning them.

Matthew16:1-4
Then the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and testing Him asked that He would show them a sign from heaven. He answered and said to them, “When it is evening you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red’; and in the morning, ‘It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times. A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.” And He left them and departed.

Jesus has come to show the world the true meaning to those laws of God given to moses and prophets before moses. Jesus therefore, as come to execute God's word given to moses and his ther prophets.

Luke 24:44, Jesus says—

“This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Another example in Moses law Jesus gave the true meaning to which the people had misinterpreted over the years is on divorce and murder

Matthew 19:8-9

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Murder
In Matthew 5:21 - 26
Jesus amplified the meaning of the sixth commandment "thou shall not kill." He revealed that to commit murder is more than killing someone, it means having an angry and unforgiving attitude towards them (Matthew 5:21 - 26).

Jesus has come to show us the true meaning of God's word given to moses and other prophets before Moses so as to deliver us from ignorances that make us impect. No wonder the apostle says in the book of

Galatians 3:24–27 — New Living Translation (NLT)
24 Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith. 25 And now that the way of faith has come, we no longer need the law as our guardian.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Monday Of The Eleventh Week In Ordinary Time - June 19, 2023 / I Love This Xtian Song / Parents Watch! Disney executives reveal shocking next phase for the company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.