Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style (29300 Views)

Edo Residents Ask Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma To Contest For Edo Guber Election / Nigerians Are Large-Hearted People, They Will Forgive Buhari - Garba Shehu / ‘Forgive Buhari On Certificate': Lai Mohammed Blames PDP, Says Video "Doctored" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by Racoon(m): 11:34pm On May 30, 2023
Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari, Welcome Him With Colourful Durbar
Residents of Katsina State are appealing to Nigerians to forgive former President Muhammadu Buhari in any way he offended them in the discharge of his responsibilities throughout his tenure.

Buhari handed over to Tinubu on Monday after eight years. The former Nigerian leader had himself asked for forgiveness from the country.

But the recent appeal came on Tuesday after the Daura Emirate Council under the leadership of the Emir of Daura, HRH Umar Umar, organised a colourful Durbar festival and cultural display to welcome him.Two of the residents namely Lawal Ado and Umaru Yusuf expressed delight to receive their son back home after eight years away.

In a chat with Channels Television, they described Buhari as a gentleman and non-corrupt person whom they believed had served Nigeria to the best of his ability.

“We are very very happy that he is back. You know to rule Nigeria is not an easy thing. For somebody to rule Nigeria for eight years and come back home safely, and soundly, one should thank Allah. So, we thank Allah for him and we are very happy for him,” Lawal said.

“The reason we organised this Durbar for him is to show him that his people are still with him and we love him 100 percent, is a human being. What he has done he has done, he can’t complete the job, so we are appealing to Nigerians, if there is anything he has done that is out of place, please forgive him. He is a human being.

“But for the Jagaban, I know he can do the job. I trust him from what I have been hearing about him. On his part, Umaru described the event as colourful, saying “we are happy to receive our son after eight years away.

“Buhari is a gentleman, not a thief, is not that collect money just to serve people. He served us, we are very happy. It’s high time for all Nigerians to forgive him.
Well, Mr Tinubu is a nice gentleman also. One who likes people very much so I am sure he will continue with what Buhari did.”

The Durbar, which kicked off from the main Daura Township Road, terminated at the famous Kangiwa Square in the ancient city of Daura, Katsina North.

The event was attended by important personalities including the newly sworn-in Governor of Katsina State, Dikko Radda; the Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum; the Emir of Katsina, HRH Abdulmumini Usman; the former Chief of Staff to the ex-president, Ibrahim Gambari; the former Aviation Minister, Senator Hadi Sirika; the wife of the former president, Aisha Buhari; families, friends, and well-wishers among others.

During the celebration, a contingent of horse riders drawn from the five Daura Emirates comprising Baure, Daura, Mai’adua and Sandamu, and Zango was seen taking part in the Durbar which lasted for about three hours.
https://www.channelstv.com/2023/05/30/katsina-residents-ask-nigerians-to-forgive-buhari-welcomes-him-with-colourful-durbar/#

5 Likes

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by Racoon(m): 11:36pm On May 30, 2023
"..Members of the Katsina State House of Assembly have lamented what they termed worsening insecurity situation in the state, saying ...Both President Buhari and Governor Aminu Masari have failed in securing the lives and property of Katsina State citizens. Our people are being killed on a daily basis but nothing has been done."
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/05/14/katsina-assembly-kicks-as-bandits-massacre-16-people/

Stockholm syndrome is a terrible disease.

90 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by KingOfIsoko1: 11:36pm On May 30, 2023
Kudos to those praying and hoping nigeria will be great, when you see things like this you lose hope and everything patriotism see the multitude of people some of whom lost relatives to the incompetence and indifference of the Niger Assylum seeker Buhari

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by Racoon(m): 11:43pm On May 30, 2023
People whose inhabitants ate grass as a result of Buhari’s government Induced hardship. People who fled to find shelter, refuge and protection in Niger Republic while their incompetent president son holds sway.

Despite that millions have been killed and blood shed by his marauders Fulani terrorist brothers, the economic was wrecked, while no part of our national life was spared under this failure of a president, but nay he is being celebrated. It was never this bad but Jonathan was crucified with no mercy.

These are the kinds of people who have given this nation mediocres who have so much elevated the bars of bad governance that any idiot now thinks the office of the President is just a walk in a park.

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by Racoon(m): 11:47pm On May 30, 2023
KingOfIsoko1:
Kudos to those praying and hoping nigeria will be great, see the multitude of people some of whom lost relatives to the incompetence and indifference of the Niger Assylum seeker Buhari
It is really astonishing the level of gross ignorance or stark illiteracy of the regions holding this nation to ransome.

However, there is a justifiably growing consensus that by any standard of judgement, the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari has failed the nation and in particular, the North, in the vital area of improving security and public safety.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by ahnie: 11:53pm On May 30, 2023
Those that trekked for him in 2015 should go to daura motor park and welcome him.

Especially the one that drank gutter water to celebrated sai baba's victory that year.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by condralbedez: 11:59pm On May 30, 2023
Forgive them till whenIn years to come some persons will still ask us to forgive Tinubu, because he is a human being.Ok oh

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by gift2xl: 12:28am On May 31, 2023
Mad people every where

34 Likes

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by Mattswaggz: 12:51am On May 31, 2023
we will if he can bring back the lives lost under his watch... undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by Ladiesdoctor(m): 2:36am On May 31, 2023
Forgive who?

Shamelessness is the trade mark of Northerners.

20 Likes

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by ican2020: 4:20am On May 31, 2023
I don’t understand some Nigerians, how can this massive audience come out to welcome their chief tormentor

The man that failed both heaven and earth

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by DonBenny77(m): 6:20am On May 31, 2023
Zombie no go come unless you tell am to come
Zombie!

9 Likes

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by Dozis: 7:00am On May 31, 2023
For destroying this country, nemesis and karma will always know his address.
Under Buhari over 60,000 persons were killed when Nigeria is not at war.
The economy is dead as we know it
Dollar is ₦800.
Under his watch, companies left Nigeria in droves, youths migrated like a flock of birds.
He has borrowed more than all government put together since 1960.
Nepotism was highest, he killed federal character in the appointment of government officials
Buhari ran the most corrupt government ever.
The man's on agenda was Fulani supremacy.
May history never be kind to him.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 9:28am On May 31, 2023
Mumus

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by Dreamhighnow(m): 9:29am On May 31, 2023
Nonsense

Nigeria can’t move forward with all these myopic thinking

Leadership is a trust

Public office should not be abused but use to serve the people

We just have hyenas and cankerworm in place of positions

Addendum :

This is Nigeria

Get to a position

Abuse it

Don’t care about the people

Finish and ask people to forgive you

Nonsense koromiwe

Awon eranko gbogbo

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by YoungLionken(m): 9:29am On May 31, 2023
My brothers from he north are usually the worst hit of pain and suffering, inflicted by our evil politicians, yet, less attentive to reality..

I personally thank God for my education and exposure, I would have probably been in the same shackles of reasoning...

16 Likes

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by dondodo: 9:29am On May 31, 2023
Obi the incoming president will forgive him

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by Jubrilv(m): 9:30am On May 31, 2023
He's forgiven already

1 Like

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by datola: 9:30am On May 31, 2023
See mamoth crowd!
Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by NobleSeed(m): 9:30am On May 31, 2023
Go to each family that were affected due to his mishap and tell them to forgive him...
Both Dead and alive

3 Likes

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by AmazingELixir: 9:30am On May 31, 2023
grin grin grin

They're just deceiving themselves Buhari will soon leave them and go back to his real hometown in Niger Republic.

5 Likes

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by Felabrity: 9:30am On May 31, 2023
Just look at them, these people will vote Buhari again and again

What did he construct for them in 8 years?

6 Likes

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by solmusdesigns: 9:30am On May 31, 2023
Omo Eni oni see idi bebere ka Fi Le ke si did Omo elomi

Na their pikin
Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by Gangster1ms: 9:31am On May 31, 2023
If we forgive these evil leaders the future ones will keep being evil. Buhari should go to the deepest part of hell

4 Likes

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by enemyofprogress: 9:31am On May 31, 2023
Forgiveness is no longer in my earth, so I no det forgive am
Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:31am On May 31, 2023
Racoon:
Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari, Welcome Him With Colourful Durbar

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/05/30/katsina-residents-ask-nigerians-to-forgive-buhari-welcomes-him-with-colourful-durbar/#

I SEE TINUBU STEALING THE COUNTRY DRY AND YORUBA WELCOME HIM LIKE THIS.

LET DIVIDE THIS COUNTRY

STUPIDITY IS TOO MUCH

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by Emu4life(m): 9:31am On May 31, 2023
gringrin Everyday I dey offend God and him dey forgive me. Why will I hold a grudge against someone who doesn't know I exist??
What is certain is that his Messiah status is lost. Nothing wey you go tell me.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by OfficialRep(m): 9:31am On May 31, 2023
Lol
Re: Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style by dfrost: 9:32am On May 31, 2023
cheesy

Bubu. Who am I to hate God's creature? Governance was never meant for man. We can only try. Simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nasarawa: Ombugadu's Reaction On Being Declared Winner / Osun: PDP Reacts To Ademola Adeleke’s Alleged Health Failure / Court Convicts Orji Kalu OF N7.1 Billion Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.