Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,369 members, 7,954,499 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:31 PM

Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? (391 Views)

Joys Priscilla Oyedepo & Abodunrin Olaleye White Wedding Photos / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by elated177: 9:28am On May 31, 2023
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Where did the idea of "white wedding" coming? Is scriptural? Should followers of Yahushua the Messiah do such?

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by rickpat(m): 9:33am On May 31, 2023
it is called Christian wedding...a wedding done by Christians as a sign of their believe...

just the way you have Muslim wedding...both are types of wedding...the most important thing is you marriage been registered with the government of the country you reside..in Nigeria for example,that slip from the local government you reside is the ultimate document
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by Ynix(m): 9:38am On May 31, 2023
elated177:
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Where did the idea of "white wedding" coming? Is scriptural? Should followers of Yahushua the Messiah do such?

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
It's European and nothing more the influence of Roman Catholicism can be attributed to it though.
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by elated177: 11:54am On Jun 03, 2023
Rickpat, I asked if it was scriptural and not if it was a Christian thing.
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by elated177: 11:56am On Jun 03, 2023
Ynix, it has nothing to do with the Scriptures, then?
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by Jackanda1(m): 12:14pm On Jun 03, 2023
elated177:
The wedding that Jesus attended in the scriptures, was it a black wedding?
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by elated177: 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2023
Jackanda1, was it a white wedding?
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2023
elated177:

It is! Ecclesiastes 9:8

Psalm 45:14 shows that a procession of her peers is allowed.

And of course, a wedding, is something God endorses. So white and colorfull weddings is definitely backed by scriptures
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by elated177: 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2023
Dtruthspeaker, the portions of the Scriptures that you gave said nothing about white wedding ... church wedding.
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by Jackanda1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
elated177:
Jackanda1, was it a white wedding?
So the problem you have is with the name abi?

Would it be alright to you if we start calling it Green wedding?
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by elated177: 5:11pm On Jun 03, 2023
Jackanda1, is your church wedding scriptural? Did the Scripture give anyone the authority to pronounce two people - a male and female - husband and wife?
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by Jackanda1(m): 5:18pm On Jun 03, 2023
elated177:
Jackanda1, is your church wedding scriptural? Did the Scripture give anyone the authority to pronounce two people - a male and female - husband and wife?
Who should pronounce them husband and wife then?

God should come down and do so?

Are you saying a woman should leave her parents house and go live with a man, skipping church wedding because its unscriptural? Abi you're looking for someone to argue with?

What is your point exactly?
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by Ynix(m): 8:30pm On Jun 03, 2023
Jackanda1:
The wedding that Jesus attended in the scriptures, was it a black wedding?
Did the bride put on white gown then or Israeli regalia
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by Ynix(m): 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

It is! Ecclesiastes 9:8

Psalm 45:14 shows that a procession of her peers is allowed.

And of course, a wedding, is something God endorses. So white and colorfull weddings is definitely backed by scriptures
was there any wedding in the synagogues then? That's the question
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:17pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ynix:
was there any wedding in the synagogues then? That's the question

Sorry, that is not the question.
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:57am On Jun 05, 2023
elated177:
Dtruthspeaker, the portions of the Scriptures that you gave said nothing about white wedding ... church wedding.

They do! We can all see the white garment and the procession of virgins aka bridesmaids. And we already know that it is also written in the Bible that the groom awaits the bride as she comes out.

All these are in the Bible.
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by elated177: 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker, the way you people misinterpret Scriptures is shameful. The truth remains that your church/white wedding is not scriptural.
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by elated177: 6:22pm On Jun 05, 2023
Jackanda1, who wants to argue with you? Your church wedding is not scriptural.

The Father in heaven has already ordained marriage. Pronouncement from anyone is not necessary.
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2023
elated177:
Dtruthspeaker, the way you people misinterpret Scriptures is shameful. The truth remains that your church/white wedding is not scriptural.

The Truth shows that I showed you the scriptures which captured what is now called white wedding and you did not give any rebuttal to it.

So, clearly, your reply here is empty.
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by Jackanda1(m): 8:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
elated177:
Jackanda1, who wants to argue with you? Your church wedding is not scriptural.

The Father in heaven has already ordained marriage. Pronouncement from anyone is not necessary.
You're a Jehovah witness right?
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by Kobojunkie: 8:12pm On Jun 05, 2023
Weddings in general aren't Scriptural as they aren't commanded by God anyways. undecided
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by elated177: 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker, quote the Scriptures. My response is spot on and full. My reply eat belleful.
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by elated177: 9:44pm On Jun 05, 2023
Jackanda1:

Isaiah 43:9 All the nations gather together
and the peoples assemble.
Which of their gods foretold this
and proclaimed to us the former things?
Let them bring in their witnesses to prove they were right,
so that others may hear and say, “It is true.”
10 “You are my witnesses,” declares YHVH,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.

So, yes, I am a witness of YHVH Almighty and of his begotten Son, Yahushua the Messiah. However, if you meant the watchtower group, I am not a part of them. In any case, what bearing has that to do with church/white wedding?
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:27am On Jun 06, 2023
elated177:
Dtruthspeaker, quote the Scriptures. My response is spot on and full. My reply eat belleful.

You are just trying to find how to reargue your opposition because you could not counter it the first time for I had already cited the various passages showing the elements of what is called white wedding and you could not rebuttal it. That is what the record shows.
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by elated177: 10:01am On Jun 06, 2023
Dtruthspeaker, why not copy and paste the Scriptures here? They have nothing to do with church/white wedding.
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:25am On Jun 07, 2023
elated177:
Dtruthspeaker, why not copy and paste the Scriptures here? They have nothing to do with church/white wedding.

Why would I do it when I have already done it and you could not say any thing? You really do not have any reasonable thing to say.
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by orisa37: 7:58am On Jun 07, 2023
IT IS DISCRIMINATION AND TRIBALISM. IT IS GOOD AND ONLY GOD IS GOOD.
Re: Is What People Call "White Wedding" Scriptural? by elated177: 8:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
Dtruthspeaker, where did you do that? Everything I said is reasonable. You are the one who hasn't given any Scripture nor said anything reasonable to support church/white wedding.

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Monk Comes Out As Trans, Says Church Must Learn To Accept, Claims God…. / How Can You Be A Disciple Of Jesus And You Do Not Preach The Gospel? / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.