Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,828 members, 7,831,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Festus Osifo & Adebayo Clash Over Subsidy Removal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Osifo & Adebayo Clash Over Subsidy Removal (20973 Views)

President Tinubu Meets Oil Marketers Over Subsidy Removal / President Tinubu Meets With Falana In Aso Rock Over Subsidy Removal, Economy / Festus Osifo Emerges PENGASSAN President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Osifo & Adebayo Clash Over Subsidy Removal by UKEMY(m): 4:14pm On May 31, 2023
OneTemplate:

Oluwa egbami. What kind of horrible ignorance is this that can only be driven by hate and bigotry with vindictive and clannish sentiments that makes Nigerians wish others failure?

Go and Google why Dangote refinery is called the "game changer" and then come back and apologize for your own ignorance.

Do a bit more research about incoming BUA refinery and the fact Nigeria, because of the supportive and liberalisation policies of the APC per the oil and gas sector, is about to gain a decent proliferating of world class refineries, moving forward towards full deregulation of the downstream sector, then give yourself a big slap.

Someone not only lacking sense but also bereft of the critical knowledge a smart JSS 1 student should have insulting others for "lacking sense".

This big problem of poor human resources are the intangible 'bottlenecks' that will cause Tinubu problems in my opinion. Not political will or lack of knowledge/vision.
You are so blinded with nepotism,Dangote's Refinery will start operations in July,a and mind you if you rely on Dangote he might Monopolize the Oil Industry,let the Government allow Forex to be available to importers so that there will be Healthy Competition.
You might feel comfortable but have you ever considered the majority poor Nigerians that earns meagre amount as salaries and the cost of Transportation increases by 100%
I leave you to your conscience,just know that nothing is permanent
Re: Festus Osifo & Adebayo Clash Over Subsidy Removal by OVB123: 4:16pm On May 31, 2023
Cholls:
My brother I just like the calmness of Mr Adebayo that Ipob guy na enemy of Nigeria
Tinubu should be ashame of himself because he stood against the removal of oil subsidy in 2012, why is he in support of the romoval now?
Re: Festus Osifo & Adebayo Clash Over Subsidy Removal by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:30pm On May 31, 2023
ganisucks:
Arise TV is mainly Ebow people/IPOB terrorists TV station.

Sounds very correct.
Re: Festus Osifo & Adebayo Clash Over Subsidy Removal by nnamdi640: 7:43pm On May 31, 2023
OneTemplate:

Obviously you cannot read and comprehend. How simpler can issues be put to even the most ignorant adult to get them.to see the big picture?

PDP= scam and cynical self-aggrandizement via 100% fraudulent commandeering of Nigeria's crude and gas sector. Factually proven.

APC = not perfect but still productive and with record of revolutionary result delivery for our crude and gas sector. Factually proven.

Grow up buddy. It is your choice to be a hateful bigot but proven facts and reality will always remain proven facts and reality in the annals of history.
Did I just see APC and productive, you are not honest to yourself, with this hardship and corruption under the last regime, you still have strength to defend failure. Can you compare the price of dollar during Gej to that of APC and here you are talking about productive after borrowing billions of dollars that was looted all in the name of projects.
Re: Festus Osifo & Adebayo Clash Over Subsidy Removal by Iamzik: 7:53pm On May 31, 2023
lhordspy:

SDP presidential Candidate, Adebayo:

Responding to the weighty claim, Osifo asked the SDP candidate to show proof or “take that back.” Despite repeated attempts by the TUC president and the presenter, Seun Okinbaloye, to get a retraction from the SDP candidate, he refused.

TUC president, Osifo then fires back at Adebayo:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/05/31/tuc-president-sdps-adebayo-in-heated-debate-over-fuel-subsidy-removal/

Earlier on twitter, Adebayo criticised TUC and NLC for being partisan:

https://twitter.com/Pres_Adebayo/status/1663654854680625155?t=cuc6RH6cvAQu-JuKotfzvg&s=19

There's more you forgot to read...

Re: Festus Osifo & Adebayo Clash Over Subsidy Removal by obama99: 5:59am On Jun 01, 2023
https://twitter.com/Pres_Adebayo/status/1663654854680625155?t=cuc6RH6cvAQu-JuKotfzvg&s=19[/quote]

I thought that Adebayo of a guy has some modicum of something up. Quackery at it's elb
Re: Festus Osifo & Adebayo Clash Over Subsidy Removal by gare(f): 7:12am On Jun 01, 2023
lhordspy:
"TUC and NLC adopted PeterObi who vowed to remove subsidy, now shedding crocodile tears"

TUC and NLC lost the little integrity left in the Union as soon as they began dabbling in party politics. Same TUC and NLC that openly campaigned for Peter Obi who promised to remove subsidy 'immediately' if elected, and even further used the word 'will not wait a single day after'. Same Labour union leaders are now shedding crocodile tears around. Playing opposition party.

Whether you like it or not. Removal of subsidy must stand. Subsidy died on May29. And we have no RIP to even waste. Gone forever.

Yes he mentioed that it would be removed immediately, but it does not have a time frame and even if it does i believen pallatives should have being put in place before removal, making a speech like that on swearing in day, then he decided to meet with NNPC GMD and CBN Governor the next was like placing the cart before the bull.

APC had 8yrs to fix the refineries but they did nothing, if only the refinereis were working nobdy would feel the impact, because bulk of the charges in this subsidy is in Logistics and transportation.

As it stands we should push for the fixing refineries to complement what would come from Dangote is the best way for us
Re: Festus Osifo & Adebayo Clash Over Subsidy Removal by Amumaigwe: 8:31am On Jun 01, 2023
lhordspy:

SDP presidential Candidate, Adebayo:

Responding to the weighty claim, Osifo asked the SDP candidate to show proof or “take that back.” Despite repeated attempts by the TUC president and the presenter, Seun Okinbaloye, to get a retraction from the SDP candidate, he refused.

TUC president, Osifo then fires back at Adebayo:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/05/31/tuc-president-sdps-adebayo-in-heated-debate-over-fuel-subsidy-removal/

Earlier on twitter, Adebayo criticised TUC and NLC for being partisan:

https://twitter.com/Pres_Adebayo/status/1663654854680625155?t=cuc6RH6cvAQu-JuKotfzvg&s=19

You lied.
The Adebayo man actually ate the humble pie and retracted the careless statement.
See the kind of whack Yoruba candidate seeking to lead Nigeria.
Re: Festus Osifo & Adebayo Clash Over Subsidy Removal by kolakolex: 11:17am On Jun 01, 2023
themanderon:
When they increased the pump price of fuel to 140 naira they told us the subsidy has been removed, only for them to tell us again they are still paying subsidy on fuel, then they moved the price to 220 and told us it had been removed totally now this same people are still telling us they are still removing it again and the price has jumped to 700 naira as of today yet no one has actually cared to ask how much is the landing cost of fuel. and why we have not been able to get our refineries working after spending billions of dollars on them.
Most Nigerians are very gullible and easily manipulated that is why these criminals in government who are the real beneficiaries of this subsidy scam will continue to manipulate and hoodwink them. Renewed hope indeed.

Don't be surprise that another government will come and say they want to remove subsidy again.

Subsidy dey like shekarau of Boko Haram,He has been killed more than three times.
Re: Festus Osifo & Adebayo Clash Over Subsidy Removal by Adeoyelee: 2:57pm On Jun 05, 2023
lhordspy:

" He said so but may not. "

angry

Are you alright?

Weytin this one dey talk? What is "he said so but may not?

You don't just joke or play with what you say doing your campaign.

If the subsidy issue is my own main concern in this country and I saw someone that prioritize the remover & still campaign against it, then I went ahead and voted for him and fortunately he was elected.
then he later changed his mind by not removing it anymore. Don't you think that me & whosoever voted for him because of the "subsidy remover has been deceived & scammed?.

So me & the other people that voted him in can easily accused him of not fulfilling the promise he made.
Same way APC under Buhari administration scammed us with the slogan
"CHANGE" but unfortunately nothing really changed.

I am a yoruba guy & I voted for Buhari during his 1st tenure because I was promised "CHANGE", but when I didn't see or feel any changes during his 1st tenure then I decided not to voted him for the 2nd time but unfortunately he won.

What I've been saying in essence is that "you can't promise & campaign with a particular thing, then later decides against it" that shows you are not credible & you don't have plans to lead.
Re: Festus Osifo & Adebayo Clash Over Subsidy Removal by Kazeemabiodun: 3:12pm On Jun 05, 2023
ganisucks:
Rubbish. That was a theatrical performance put together by Channels TV to bamboozle Nigerians. It's obvious that Seun and the channels TV crew now care more about entertaining their viewers than actually doing their job: informing Nigerians.
Little wonder Arise TV is now the go-to channel for Nigerians.
ungodly tv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Face Of Democracy, Jennifer Ohia Unveils Book On Jonathan's Administration / Governor Sanwo-Olu Collects His PVC (Photos & Videos) / Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attacks In Kangarwa, Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.